Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Rotator Cuff Injury Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Nadi Pariksha Treatment
Scar Revision Surgery
Scar Revision Surgery
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Kerala Massage Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sangeeta Patel's ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sangeeta Patel to be very helpful, knowledgeable, well-reasoned and caring. Maybe if that. Thanks doctor
Dr. Sangeeta Patel provides answers that are thorough. Good information thank you madam
Polycystic ovary disease or PCOD is a kind of hormonal disorder in which a woman produces a surplus of male hormones like testosterone.
High levels of male hormones produce symptoms like irregular ovulation or no ovulation at all. In simple words, women with PCOD or PCOS don’t release a mature egg from their ovaries every month resulting in infertility. PCOD affects one in 10 women worldwide.
Women suffering from PCOD suffer from symptoms like heavy vaginal bleeding. This is because, as they don’t ovulate and produce the hormone Progesterone like normal women do and have normal periods, the lining of their uteri becomes thick leading to heavy bleeding and sometimes uterine cancer.
The other common symptoms of PCOS are:
- Weight gain
- Oily skin
- Heart problems
- Irregular periods
- Mood swings and depression
There is a propensity for developing diabetes as well in PCOS affected, as a number of women with PCOD are resistant to the action of the hormone insulin used for sugar metabolism. This means that it takes larger than normal amounts of insulin to maintain normal blood sugar levels. Though fairly common, PCOD has no surefire cure in mainstream allopathic medicine but Ayurveda can help alleviate PCOD symptoms in a big way.
PCOD - How Ayurveda Can Help?
- In Ayurveda, PCOD is caused due to an imbalance of any of the two doshas - Pitta (Fire) and Kapha (Water). Aggravated Pitta causes contamination of the dhatus or tissues like blood and plasma. This causes a buildup of toxins or ama in the body.
- In PCOS patients, these toxins get accumulated in the channels of the mind, leading to an imbalance of hormones secreted by the pituitary gland. This results in an imbalance of female hormones and causes the formation of ovarian cysts which is nothing but a collection of fluids within the ovary, anovulatory periods or periods with no ovulation etc.
Ayurvedic herbal remedies for PCOD
Ayurveda works on these problems:
-Correcting hormonal imbalance
- Reducing high cholesterol levels
-Treatment for insulin resistance
Herbs like Ashoka (saraca asoca), Dashamoola are amongst a group of herbs which are used to prepare Sukumara Kashaya like Ashwagandha, Eranda, Shatavari etc for correcting hormonal imbalance.
Other drugs for curing PCOS are-
1. Shatavari or Asparagus racemosus
This helps mainly in promoting normal development of ovarian follicles. It also regulates periods and aids in revitalizing the female reproductive system. Shatavari also helps in controlling high levels of insulin due to PCOS, due to its phytoestrogen or natural plant based estrogen levels.
Guduchi is a powerful anti- inflammatory herb. We know that chronic inflammation in body tissues is the root cause for insulin imbalance and ovarian cysts in women. This herb helps in revitalizing body tissues and lowering insulin resistance.
3. Shatapushpa or fennel
Fennel seeds are used as a supplement as the phytoestrogens in them bring down inflammation and control insulin resistance.
Triphala is rich in vitamin C- a powerful natural antioxidant that helps in reducing inflammation by reducing free radicals. Hence this remedy is excellent for cleansing and detoxifying systems and is therefore best taken prior to taking any other Ayurvedic medicines to improve outcome.
5. Aloe Vera- Kumari (Aloe barbadensis)
Aloe Vera is yet another Ayurvedic herb that is extremely beneficial in treating PCOS as it helps in regularizing menstrual cycles and promote normal menstruation. It also normalizes hormonal imbalance.
What is the best time to exercise when employees have rotational shifts every 3 yo 4 months (day shift and night shift: 9working hours )?how to take care of health during such changes as a fresher to job.
I monitor my blood pressure three times today in same time after a gap of one. Minute, the first reading said is 103/ 94, then second 107/79, and last time it says 123/90, I dint not understand as it quickly gave different results, what does it mean. Kindly note earlier I had high b.p of 150/100 also but I change my food habit and doing my exercise of walking 15 minutes daily but no medicines are taken till now.
I am 35 years old male, I feel a little light headed throughout the day. This primarily occurs after I speak over my cellphone. I even changed my cell phone to confirm that its not the defective piece that I am using. After a little research, I think noise cancellation feature in cellphone sends a voice signal to cut the noise in outdoor environment thereby disturbing the balance in one's hearing. Other's who used this phone is not affected but I am. I have done MRI with temporal bone but everything seem normal. Please assist me with this.
शतावरी खाने के फायदे
By speaking tree
सौ रोगों को हरने वाली शतावरी
आज हम आपको एक झाड़ीनुमा लता के बारे में बताते है, जिसमें फूल मंजरियों में एक से दो इंच लम्बे एक या गुच्छे में लगे होते हैं और फल मटर के समान पकने पर लाल रंग के होते हैं.नाम है"शतावरी. I
आपने विभिन्न आयुर्वेदिक औषधियों में इसके प्रयोग को अवश्य ही जाना होगा.अगर नहीं तो हम आपको बताते हैं, इसके प्रयोग को! आयुर्वेद के आचार्यों के अनुसार, शतावर पुराने से पुराने रोगी के शरीरको रोगों से लड़ने क़ी क्षमता प्रदान करता है. I इसे शुक्रजनन,शीतल,मधुर एवं दिव्य रसायन माना गया है I महर्षि चरक ने भी शतावर को बल्य और वयः स्थापक (चिर यौवन को बरकार रखने वाला) माना है. I आधुनिक शोध भी शतावरी क़ी जड़ को हृदय रोगों में प्रभावी मान चुके हैं i
अब हम आपको शतावरी के कुछ आयुर्वेदिक योग क़ी जानकारी देंगे.जिनका औषधीय प्रयोग चिकित्सक के निर्देशन में करना अत्यंत लाभकारी होगा!
- यदि आप नींद न आने क़ी समस्या से परेशान हैं तो बस शतावरी क़ी जड़ को खीर के रूप में पका लें और थोड़ा गाय का घी डालें,इससे आप तनाव से मुक्त होकर अच्छी नींद ले पायेंगे!
-शतावरी क़ी ताज़ी जड़ को यवकूट करें,इसका स्वरस निकालें और इसमें बराबर मात्रा में तिल का तेल मिलाकर पका लें,हो गया मालिश का तेल तैयार.इसे माइग्रेन जैसे सिरदर्द में लगायें और लाभ देखें i
-यदि रोगी खांसते-खांसते परेशान हो तो शतावरी चूर्ण - 1.5 ग्राम,वासा के पत्ते का स्वरस 2.5 मिली,मिश्री के साथ लें और लाभ देखें i
-प्रसूता स्त्रियों में दूध न आने क़ी समस्या होने पर शतावरी का चूर्ण -पांच ग्राम गाय के दूध के साथ देने से लाभ मिलता है!
-यदि पुरुष यौन शिथिलता से परेशान हो तो शतावरी पाक या केवल इसके चूर्ण को दूध के साथ लेने से लाभ मिलता है i
-यदि रोगी को मूत्र या मूत्रवह संस्थान से सम्बंधित विकृति हो तो शतावरी को गोखरू के साथ लेने से लाभ मिलता है i
-शतावरी के पत्तियों का कल्क बनाकर घाव पर लगाने से भी घाव भर जाता है!
-यदि रोगी स्वप्न दोष से पीड़ित हो तो शतावरी मूल का चूर्ण -2.5 ग्राम,मिश्री -2.5 ग्राम को एक साथ मिलाकर.पांच ग्राम क़ी मात्रा में रोगी को सुबह शाम गाय के दूध के साथ देने से प्रमेह,प्री -मेच्युर -इजेकुलेशन (स्वप्न-दोष) में लाभ मिलता है i
-गाँव के लोग इसकी जड़ का प्रयोग गाय या भैंसों को खिलाते हैं, तो उनकी दूध न आने क़ी समस्या में लाभ मिलता पाया गया है.अतः इसके ऐसे ही प्रभाव प्रसूता स्त्रियों में भी देखे गए हैं i
-शतावरी के जड के चूर्ण को पांच से दस ग्राम क़ी मात्रा में दूध से नियमित से सेवन करने से धातु वृद्धि होती है!
-वातज ज्वर में शतावरी के रस एवं गिलोय के रस का प्रयोग या इनके क्वाथ का सेवन ज्वर (बुखार) से मुक्ति प्रदान करता है. I
-शतावरी के रस को शहद के साथ लेने से जलन,दर्द एवं अन्य पित्त से सम्बंधित बीमारीयों में लाभ मिलता है. I
. शतावरी हिमतिक्ता स्वादीगुर्वीरसायनीसुस्निग्ध शुक्रलाबल्यास्तन्य मेदोस ग्निपुष्टिदा! चक्षु स्यागत पित्रास्य,गुल्मातिसारशोथजित.उदधृत किया है.तो शतावरी एक बुद्धिवर्धक,अग्निवर्धक,शुक्र दौर्बल्य को दूर करनेवाली स्तन्यजनक औषधि है!
My periods last for about 1 and a half day and I have sore breasts 5 days before menstruation starts and usually the pain goes away. But this time my breasts are sore even after the periods has stopped. Is that an issue to be concerned about.
I am 64 years old, I am diabetic since 4 years, I am using UCLIDE-M one tab in the morning and 1 in the evening. Recently I felt giddiness and had a fall where I had hit on my left side of chest. I went to Yashoda Hospital who have taken ECG, MRI Brain/Chest and other test where they have told that my heart condition is OK and there is no problem. But changed the Diabetic medicine by taking I am feeling very week, hence gone back to Euclide M. Now I am not getting sleep and no hunger, I am not feeling like taking any food. I have no permanent doctor for Diabetic nor cardiac. Kindly help me, I stay at Safilguda. Kindly let me know the exact location of your clinic. Rest in person. Regards T Bachaspathi.
Sir my friend suffer from blood jaundice. Is this spread from one another? Because I share food with her. Plzzzz help me.
I have a pain on my testis. Most probably it is happening even though it is not a regular problem. I think its happening after when my penis gets erected and nothing had happened. Just like masturbation or sexual activity.
Sex addiction can result from a lot of reasons. From coping with a mechanism to self-pleasure, beating loneliness to excess sex during the teen, anything can be a contributing factor. While the scientific community still does not pinpoint this as a disease, an increasing number of individuals are being identified who are suffering from an addiction to sex. While there is no quick fix to it, Ayurveda has ways that can address sex addiction and fix it for good:
- Food is essential: There should be razor sharp focus on eating. Sattvik Food such as curd, milk, bread, wheat, rice, sugar, milk is some of the best food items to curve sex addiction. Fruits such as apples, bananas, grapes, mangoes and pomegranates play rich dividends in checking sex addiction. Popular meal preparation such as Havishya Annam and Charu are extremely helpful in curtailing sex addiction.
- Food to avoid: In Ayurveda food items such as meat, eggs, fish are considered as detrimental as far as sex health is concerned. They tend to increase sex addiction. The meat of buffalo, sheep or goat increases sex drive in an individual.
- Breathing exercise: Pranayama or slow breathing is another excellent way to reduce sex addiction. This is slow release and intake of oxygen. An expert supervision is required when it is performed for the first time.
- Working out: Daily jogging, running, working out or simply walking will go a long way in ensuring that an individual cut down his sex addiction over a period. Working out helps to profoundly sweat and helps the organ perform better. Not to mention, it lifts a person’s mood and installs loads of positive energy.
- Avoid addiction: Any addiction be it smoking, drinking, substance, drugs or marijuana can be extremely detrimental. External stimulus not only increases sex addiction but proves to be hazardous for the body over the long term.
- Keep hydrated: Remaining hydrated throughout the day is important. Drinking water, fruit juice, and other non-sweet drinks prove to be very handy in cutting down sex addiction. However, it should be ensured to refrain from drinking carbonated drinks. They increase fat in the body and make a person lethargic.
- Quick meditation: While meditation sounds daunting at times, it is not that difficult to do it. Sitting down in a quiet place and counting numbers from 1 to 100 is also a form of meditation. The idea is to concentrate and keep the focus for a stretch of time. Meditation greatly helps a person to curb sex addiction by keeping the mind focused.
- Ayurvedic tonics: Ayurvedic items such as Ashwagandha, Brahmi, and turmeric can help to reduce sex addiction.
Sir I feel too weakness and lazy at the age of 23 please advice me any supplements or tonics to solve this problems.in summer this problem has become twicer please help me.
I think I am suffering from klinefelter syndrome but I am not sure. I have small penis size length and girth too. I have broader thighs. I do have too much sexual desires but never undergo sex. I am 21. Please suggest me that should I get marry or not?
I'm am suffering in genital part, not knowing the disease, but enlarged testicles size .painless Not know with whom to consult for this thing.
I had sex yesterday with my girlfriend. During sex she was crying and feeling pain very much. It it a sign of pure virgin girl or not?
If I massage my penis by olive oil .will it get more strong erection? And will it make my intercourse time longer?
As we lead modern and fast lives, we have to make sure that we are ahead of competition in all aspects. Due to this we are hardly able to pay attention to our health and body issues. A lot of times we end up suffering more than we should because of the lack of timely help. A lot of times patients feel uncomfortable getting help for their health because they feel conscious about their condition and may be embarrassed to open up about it in front of anyone, not even a medical expert, this is most common in cases where people suffer from sexually transmitted diseases or STDs.
In the course of life and love, we may come across emotional and ideological troubles when we get affected mentally. There are also certain times when we end up contracting diseases that are spread through sexual contact. In such cases, people may seek medical help and may also opt for conventional medication. However, the better alternative, as experienced by a lot of people is to opt for the Ayurvedic medicines and treatments.
What is Ayurveda?
Ayurveda is a stream of medicinal study that has found details in Hindu scriptures about our day to day ailments. Ayurveda majorly uses the body systems, dietary habits and the breathing techniques to find treatment for health problems and it is seen that the STDs are also easily cured or controlled with the help of Ayurveda. More and more people in the modern times, have started understanding the importance of natural remedies and methods of treatment for a healthier future and that is how Ayurveda has gained in popularity.
Ayurveda is particularly preferred by people in the cases of sexually transmitted diseases because of the fact that the medicines from this stream do not cause side effects and other health problems and proves to be a mild form of medication. This also comes as a relief to those who may feel apprehensive about having their very private issues resolved by Ayurveda.
When a patient suffers from sexually transmitted diseases and needs to find a resolution to the problem, it may be important for them to visit the Ayurvedic expert and explain their problem to the expert. Once the problem is diagnosed and understood clearly, the expert may suggest a host of medicinal herbs that could be for consumption such as Nibadi Churna, Rasnadi Kvath Churna, Nyagrodhadhi Kvath churna and many more or the expert may suggest medication for topical application such as Somaraji oil and tamra bhasma.
The Ayurvedic doctor may also suggest a number of immunity boosting medicines, such as Neem capsules or Ashwashila capsules. Other herbal medicines that are created for deeper rooted issues may also be able to help in the problem. It is also important for a patient to make sure that the right practitioner in the field is chosen to discuss the problem clearly and receiving a diagnosis and medication accordingly.
Your stomach is lined with a mucosal membrane known as the mucosa and due to a variety of factors, it may become inflamed. This inflammation may cause a lot of problems and complications which are grouped under gastritis.
Symptoms of gastritis
- Upper abdominal pain,
- Reduction of appetite
- Blood in the stool amongst the others
Gastritis can be quite debilitating and limiting for the people affected by it.
The Ayurveda approach
Ayurveda is a holistic form of medicine which takes into account many factors rather than just the physical disposition and symptoms that strives to cure the patients of the illness in a well-rounded manner. To this effect, Ayurveda helps you treat this problem with multiple angles of attack such as herbal medications and special cleansing therapies among many others. Let’s take a look at some of the methods usually employed in various combinations among the patients.
- Changes in diet: Consuming any diet which has a lot of spicy and rich foods over prolonged periods may result in gastritis and other problems. If you already have gastritis, then certain other types of food also need to be excluded such as tea, coffee, sour foods, chilies and buffalo milk among others. These food groups are excluded as they may increase the acidity of the stomach which may cause an escalation of the problems. Some of the foods that may help with gastritis are grapes, pumpkins, bitter gourd, pomegranate, melons and cucumber, etc.
- Natural remedies: Some natural remedies that can be very effective in dealing with the symptoms of gastritis are mentioned below
- Ajwain and rock salt have been an age old remedy in treating multiple gastrointestinal disorders and can be effective in this case as well.
- Lemon juice is also very effective in treating symptoms or gastritis and also reducing inflammation.
- Take amla, ginger, and licorice either in a raw form or as a dried option or mixed with other things such as milk or honey. These help in regulating and reducing the acidity within the stomach.
- Ayurvedic medications: There are many specialized Ayurvedic medications which can be used to treat gastritis such as:
- Amalaki choorna
- Avipattikara choorna
- Sootashekhara rasa
- Sukumara Ghrita
- Dhatri Lauha
However, you should consult a specialist Ayurveda doctor as they can prescribe the correct medications for you after studying your specific symptoms.