Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Kolar and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mohan ReddyYour feedback matters!
Hi Sir I'm suffering from stress with mentally if going for any work I just loss my confidence some time I'm feeling as like know one come to fight with me. What is tha problem.
Yes exactly! I get anxious and this dosent calm down til I get slapped, but only by girls! Now I am getting used to this, and I started loving it as it makes me feel relieved. I really do not know whats happening.
Is it possible to OD on morphine tablets? Like take, about 30-40 tablets, crush them, and drink it up with a juice or something? Will it kill me? If not instantly, but given a few hours? My sister keeps talking about it and says it's almost painless. We're getting her help, for all it matters but I want to know if this is even reasonable. She's staying alone in another country for now, thankfully doesn't have access to any opiates. But I just want to know for my sanity, what can possibly be expected if such course of action is taken? I know by the outlook it seems suicidal, but is it? The last time she OD'd on her anti depressants, someone rushed her to the hospital, they put liquid charcoal through her nose and after a few days, she was back on her feet. I don't know much about opiates, let alone morphine. Depression kinda runs in the family so it's natural for her to sometimes slump into such a phase. I want you to be as objective and factual as possible. I have tried asking doctors and friends around me but they look at me suspiciously and do not give any information. There's only so much available on the internet. So yeah. I'm relying on you Not ER or SR. So I'm guessing pretty normal. Take into account she is opiate naive. So the OD is not like the ones that happen with sleeping pills and anti depressants where you vomit your guts out? I read a guy say you can choke on your own vomit. Asphyxia is the prime reason you slip. Some said it's very peaceful and you quietly die in your sleep.
I have been smoking since the last 6 years. I smoke close to 20 cigarettes daily. What will be the best way for me to know if I am fine. I don't feel that I have any symptoms of Cancer.
I am habitual to smoking and m feeling pain in chest and my body also become weak so please give the suggestion to stop smoking.
My name is durga I have depression I tried some medicine please suggest me some effective medicines.
- Heart: smoking is the biggest risk factor for all heart diseases. It accelerates the process of fat deposition in the inner walls of arteries (atherosclerosis). It increases blood pressure and heart rate. Not only these, smoking increases tendency for the blood to clot. It reduces the capacity of a person to exercise.
- Lungs: smoking destroys small hairs present in upper parts of airways. In normal persons these hairs protect lungs from germs, dust and other harmful particles. When this natural cleaning system is damaged germs, dust, smoke and other harmful chemicals enter lungs causing infection, cough and lung cancer. The air sacs of lungs (alveoli) get permanently damaged causing difficulty in breathing.
- Digestive system: smoking causes heart burn, delays healing of peptic ulcers, increases risk of crohn’s disease and formation of gall stones. It affects liver and increases chances of stomach cancer.
- Legs: smoking affects blood vessels of legs causing chronic pain in legs. This may further progress to cause gangrene of toes or feet.
- Eyes: the sensitive blood vessels of eye are easily damaged by smoking. This causes blood shot appearance of eyes and itching. In heavy smokers it may lead to degeneration and loss of eyesight. Smokers are at an increased risk of cataracts.
- Skin: due to smoking the skin is deprived of oxygen and it loses its texture. An average smoker looks 5 years older than his healthy non smoking counterparts. The skin loses its healthy glow and takes on a yellowish-gray cast. The more cigarettes smoked, the worse skin will look. Wrinkles start appearing very quickly as smoking affects elastic tissues of skin.
- Bones: it accelerates the process of osteoporosis
- Cancer: smoking causes cancer of lungs, larynx, oral cavity, pharynx, oesophagus and bladder. Tobacco smoke contains more than 60 substances which cause cancer. 87% lung cancer death occurs due to smoking.
- Reproductive system: smoking reduces fertility in both men and women.
- In women: smoking imbalances estrogen hormone in women. It causes dryness of vagina and reduces blood flow to genital organs. Women who smoke can get diseases of fallopian tubes and their egg production is affected. Smoking can cause abortion. It accelerates aging process and can cause early menopause.
- The growth of baby retards when mother smokes in pregnancy. It affects the brain development of baby and reduces iq. This happens even when mother is a passive smoker. The chances of miscarriage, premature birth and fetal death increase.
- In men: smoking impairs erections and can become a reason for erectile dysfunction. It also reduces sperm count and impairs sperm motility. But these are reversed after stopping smoking.
Hence quit smoking. Quitting smoking has immediate as well as long-term benefits for you and your loved ones
If I drink alcohol in week so I can't digest food. What should I do, should I stop drinking alcohol or any other solutions you have?
I am 26 years male. I am so much frustrated with my success. Help me with this to obtain my confidence. Please advise,
My ejaculation takes place each time before the orgasm of my female partner. This leads to anxiety as if I can't satisfy her. What will I do?
I am suffering from anxiety from last one year what should I do to cure anxiety? Is medication is good or any other way to cure anxiety.
I lost my one year due to some issues. Which I can not handel and I feel very depression. How can I get out from it.
How can we increase our concentration while studying, playing by using the meditation. Which can help us to be sharp and intelligent. Please help. I want to improve my marks.
My age is 20 i`m smoke 7-10 cigarette in day nothing problem in my lungs chest throat and I am start smoking since 3 year so you tell me I am fit what can I do.
Most diseases, small or big, acute or chronic, accident or infection, have one common factor - pain. In most cases, in addition to reducing the severity of the infection or the impact to various structures from the trauma, managing pain assumes a bigger role. It is only when the pain is controlled can the bigger picture of disease management be done, as the patient would be inconsolable.
To this effect, in addition to pain killers, the most inexpensive and easily available modes of pain management are heat and cold. Though all are not aware, there are specific instances where heat and cold should be used as listed below.
Heat: Some of the common modes to heat therapy include heat pads, warm baths, paraffin wax system, hot water bottles, air-activated heat pack, or warm oils. Heat acts by improving blood circulation and nutritional supply to the body parts and is best suited for stiff joints and muscle soreness.
Some common ways to heat therapy include:
- A warm shower or bath in the morning - this will ease morning stiffness and get you ready for exercise.
- Apply a heating pad on the sore/stiff areas for up to 20 minutes - Use optimal, bearable temperature to avoid skin burns.
- Wrap the affected area for 15 to 20 minutes with a moist heat pad. A wet towel can be put in the freezer and then warmed up in the microwave. Moist heat pads are also available with local pharmacies.
- Warm mineral oils can be applied to the stiff joints of hands and legs. Leave it in place for 15 to 20 minutes before washing it off.
- For sore hand and foot joints, warm paraffin wax can be applied using the equipment available at drug stores. This will help ease the pain and soreness. Soak in a warm whirlpool.
Contrary to heat therapy, cold therapy acts by reducing blood flow to the affected area and numbing the nerve endings, thereby reducing the perception of pain. It works well for acute pain cases like fresh injuries and post-exercise inflammation.
- A cold wrap with ice cubes can be applied to the painful area for about 15 to 20 minutes. This can be repeated if required after a break.
- Alternately, a wet towel can be put in a plastic bag and kept in the freezer for 15 minutes and then used as a cold pack.
- The affected joint can be submerged in a container of ice and water.
- Cold gel packs are available at stores - these won't leak, will stay cold longer and can be easily wrapped around a joint.
Cryotherapy, as cold therapy is also called, is not as effective as heat therapy, though it does provide immediate relief.
My father is 89 yrs old and wt 95 kgs. on 30 dec he underwent for hip replacement surgery . he is a patient of alzeimeric dementia and some times becomes very aggressive. during his hospitalisation his left buttock's apx 2*3i nch epidermal portion was eroded after fungal infection which is still not healed what should i do for its healing and his normal walk and gait
Suffering from a anxiety disorder from many years. Thorough treatment from two years. Mainly health anxiety, ocd about health and disease, blood pressure phobia. Currently on FLUVOXAMINE 100 and Metoprolol succinate 50 mg. Since march 2014. Fluvoxamine is very hard to tolerate, increasing anxiety and panic even trivial health issue. But doctor still is stick to it, even trying to increase dose. I am helpless some times. Mornings are terrible. Sleep quality is good.
While many of us may associate healthy food with a healthy body, it is also true that healthy food can support a healthy brain. As we start to grow old, there is something known as oxidative damage which can lead to memory impairment and general brain decline. A healthy brain is one where the brain function is at an appropriate level and the aging process has been pushed back in terms of stellar memory and information processing. According to Ayurveda and other arms of medical science, there are a number of super foods that can help in this process. Here is a list of five foods that can lead to a healthier brain.
- Brahmi: This is one of the most commonly used Ayurvedic herbs. It can be used for many ailments and it also prescribed as a brain tonic for stronger memory. Besides making the memory clear and sharp, this ingredient can improve the brain’s grasping power and the mental capacity of the brain. It is also an excellent anti-anxiety agent, as per Ayurvedic science.
- Ginkgo Biloba: This herb promotes better blood circulation in the brain, which helps in improving the overall brain function. It is also a memory enhancer. This herb is used by Ayurvedic doctors for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease and Amnesia. It is a good medicine that can repair the damaged cells of the brain.
- Ashwagandha: This is also known as an Ayurvedic wonder herb. This herb contains many beneficial properties for the brain and the rest of the body. When it comes to the brain and its functioning, Ashwagandha is ideal for patients who are suffering from severe stress. Besides being a stress reliever, this herb can also be used to keep the brain in a calm state for better performance. It helps in improving the functioning of the brain and its complex nerves. This herb is also a good memory enhancer.
- Gotu Kola: Gotu Kola is a well-known Ayurvedic herb that can be used for protecting the nerves from damage. It protects the brain cells as well. Also, it enhances the capacity of the brain and leads to improved performance thanks to the many vital elements that it carries.
- Mulethi: This is a stress relieving herb used by Ayurvedic doctors. It improves the blood circulation in the nervous system, which gives rise to better brain function. This is a very good herb for children and students, as it is a memory booster which helps them in retaining and retrieving information. It is also a stress relieving medicine that can be used to keep the brain calm and cool even in the most challenging situation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.