Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Kochi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vinayak
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. VinayakYour feedback matters!
We all think of sunscreen as something that goes into our vacation kit when heading out on a hike in the hills or to the beach. What we fear is being out in the sun can reduce fairness and/or case a tan, and a sunscreen will help maintain complexion. This is a completely wrong notion. What we need to be aware of is that even the regular, daily sun exposure during driving or going to office can do as much damage if not more. The sunscreen, therefore, assumes a very important role in your daily personal care. Read on and find out more.
- Relationship with skin cancer: Studies in the US have shown that skin cancer is the most common type of cancer, and sun exposure is the leading cause of this. It is the regular exposure on a daily basis that cumulatively leads to this, rather than a one-day exposure minus the sunscreen. Using sunscreen on a regular, daily basis provides a good shield against skin cancer.
- Slows down aging: The dry skin, wrinkles, sun spots, and dark circles on the skin are more a result of unprotected exposure to sun rather than just ageing. The sun is the most powerful agent that can lead to these effects and it is very essential to guard yourself against it.
- While the general belief is that the sun is less harmful during cloudy days, it is not so. The ultraviolet rays of the sun filter through clouds and cause equal damage as they would during sunny summer days. Studies have shown that these rays which filter through the clouds are capable of continuing their accelerated ageing effects even after you have reached your homes. It is not just the amount of time you are actually out in the sun that counts. The collagen in the skin that gives it the firmness is damaged, leading to sagging and bagging.
- Using a sunscreen provides a shield against these harmful UV rays. Research has shown a 73% reduction in the invasive forms of skin cancer by using sunscreen on a regular basis.
- It is popular belief that fair complexion is more affected by sun exposure. It is true that darker complexion has more melanocytes that increase the natural protection, but this does not ensure complete protection against the harmful ultraviolet rays.
After reading this, a sunscreen lotion with a sun protection factor (SPF) of 15 or more should find its way into your grooming kit. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Hi, I'm 27 yr old. I have male pattern baldness and suffering from severe hair fall. How can I regain my hair. Regards.
I always faces the problem of pimples since 10 years but now it leave red spot so please tell me how could I prevent it.
I am losing hair quickly and have tried all shampoos but no effect yet. I am not sure what else can I do. Cau you please help me with this?
Hi my friend age is 24. She hace oily skin. She monthly doing fruit or pearl facial with bleach. Is it helpful for skin lightening or harmful for face? What will do for skins.
I have many dark spots on face and also on back due to pimples so please let me know what should I do?
Dear Sir I Am 19 Years Old I Have Got Acne and Pimples On My Fore Head I Consulted Many Doctors And Tried Costly Medicines. Such As clindamycin Gels And Tablets. But All In Vain. I Was Suffering Acne On My Whole Face. But After I Started Taking These Medicines And Gels I feel Some Sort Of Cure. But Acne On My ForeHead Is Same As It Has Started On First Breakout of Pimples. Please Prescribe Me Some Good Medicines.
Hi Doctor ,my hair loss started 3 years ago I am 20 years old girl. This problem increases day by day. My hair type is medium .What should I do?
What is the natural remedy for a fair skin? The Papaya and tomato is said to be good for fairer skin, is that true?
I am very upset with face can you tell me please how to make my skin smooth and glass look. And also tell proper diet.
I have dandruff problem from almost 6-7 years and it has never cleared. Its flaky and yellowish in color. Also I have hair loss and hair thinning. Specially in the crown area. Kindly guide to increase volume and cure hair thinning.
I am 18 years old male I have dark skin reason is that I have been in sun long time in summer can I get my fairness back?
Sir I am loosing my hair from my head it's look like pattern hair loss I masturbate a lot so can you please suggest me that this is happening because of masturbation?
Lybrate | Dr. Sejal Parekh speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY