Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Nephrologists online in Kochi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sudeep
Submit a review for Dr. SudeepYour feedback matters!
My digestive system is very weak and I go to toilet after every 2-3 days. As a result I fell very low. Suggest some ways to increase my digestive power. Even I drink about 4-7 litre water every day.
My aunt is 36 years old female & has suffering from kidney stone problems from 3 months back. She has used medicine but hasn't got any relief. Please suggest homeopathy medicine for the same.
I am suffering from frequent urge to urinate. My blood sugar level is completely normal. Please advice.
My uncle is suffering from Chronic renal Grade 2 kidney disease. And both kidneys has stopped working. hemoglobin level in blood had reduced to 4.8 ,from 13. Now doctor has advised him for Dialysis twice a week. My question is, Can these kidneys start working after a while? And how long dialysis has to be done? Is there any other treatment along with dialysis to make kidney proper, Or is transplant only the way?
On my 10th day of my cycle, I am getting white discharge infection every month since many years though I tried flucazanole and many antibiotics my fungal infection is not getting cured I am feeling burning during urinate and it smell fishy I am really scared it affects when I get married in future please doctor find me the correct and permanent cure.
What are kidney stones?
The primary function of the kidney is to filter the blood and eliminate the waste products through urine. The waste deposition is sometimes in the form of excessive calcium, uric acid and other undesirable contents. It may cause the urine to get highly saturated. This is when stone-like formations take place inside the kidneys. Kidney stones are also termed renal lithiasis or calculi. There are different kinds of kidney stones, which are differentiated based on its varied constituents. Kidney stones cause excruciating pain and uneasiness. Frequent urination, extreme discomfort during urinating and presence of blood in the urine are some of the major signs of kidney stones. The symptoms are not evident if the stones are very small in size.
Causes of kidney stones:
- Incorrect calcium intake: High amounts of calcium can lead to high calcium depositions in the kidneys. It is important to keep the calcium intake moderate. Calcium supplements must be checked if you have already included dairy products in your diet.
- Abnormal rates of sodium in the body: Sodium, just like calcium, gets deposited in the kidneys.
- Excessive animal protein intake: Too much of animal protein intake can make the urine turn acidic, leading to uric acid depositions in the kidneys.
- Sugary, aerated drinks: These lead to undesirable waste deposition in the blood stream and eventually in the kidneys.
- Inadequate water intake: Not keeping the body well hydrated can cause the urine to turn acidic and increase waste deposition.
Potential risks and complications of kidney stones:
- Kidney stones may cause an infection in the kidneys which may eventually spread to the other internal organs and surrounding tissues.
- Kidney stones block the ureter and cause severe pain and discomfort that make sitting, standing or any other posture difficult.
- Kidney stones rarely cause kidney failures but the severe blockage and infection may cause such detrimental results in the human body.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!