Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Kochi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Rajesh VarmaYour feedback matters!
Dry mouth or Xerostomia is characterized by the drying of the mouth as a result of reduced saliva secretion. Secretion of an adequate amount of saliva helps in chewing & swallowing of food which in turn creates a healthy oral cavity. A recent study showed that women have more chances of getting a dry mouth as compared to men. If not diagnosed on time, dry mouth might lead to mouth infections, severe damage to the teeth enamel and gingivitis.
The symptoms of dry mouth include, but are not limited to:
- Craving for water in regular intervals.
- Swollen tongue.
- Dry eye.
- Significant trouble while swallowing, speaking or chewing along with disturbing bad breath.
- Severe headaches and formations of ulcers in the mouth
1. This condition might occur as a side effect of:
a. Other serious conditions such as GERD, Alzheimer's disease, HIV/AIDS etc.
b. Side effects of medical treatments such as chemotherapy and radiation therapy; this might result in significant damage to the salivary glands.
c. Side effects of drugs prescribed for diarrhea, nausea, asthma, obesity, depression, Parkinson's disease etc.
2. Abnormal consumption of marijuana, crystal methamphetamine and tobacco might cause dry mouth.
3. It can occur during pregnancy and breastfeeding, dry mouth can be a common occurrence because of acute dehydration.
4. Sleep apnea, snoring and breathing through your mouth instead of the nose on a daily basis might induce dry mouth.
5. Severe damage to the nerves might result in dry mouth conditions.
- A healthy amount of water consumption, about 3 liters every day, will help to keep the mouth wet.
- Application of toothpaste and mouthwashes containing fluoride twice a day will help to keep the mouth moist.
- You should change the dosages of medicines after consulting your doctor if Xerostomia is primarily occurring as a result of side effect of the drugs.
- Prescribed dosage of medicines such as "Pilocarpine" might induce increased saliva secretion.
- Try breathing through the nose instead of your mouth to avoid Xerostomia.
I am 50 years old, I eat a very light breakfast and a medium dinner, the quantity I eat is very less and I usually have one beer once a week I am active all day since I manage a construction firm. However I have gained a weight just around the stomach over the past few years and I want to lose that any suggestions will be appreciated .
I am suffering from stomach pain and also suffering from loose motion what can I do for this?Prefer me any medicine?
I am loosing my hairs. Is it because of working in late night shift? Or the food habit? Please help me.
I got married on 6TH and I skipped my periods even though I didn't have intercourse till now with my husband. Skipping of periods is first time. Yesterday we tried to have intercourse my vagina was also dry so we stopped. Please advise.
Hello sir , I am working out in gym from past 6 months and i reduced my weight from 82kg to 76kg.I dont take much off oily food & more calories dish.I used to have normal diet food like chapati. But i am still not satisfied my weight.So if you suggest me with good diet plan so i can reduce my weight effectively and my age is 21 male.Please help out.
Sir I am a 27 year s old young from Puri. Since last 6 months I'm feeling very acute knee pain in the evening after my daily works. Please suggest me some medications.
I can't use any cream on my face it's so sensitive as soon as I apply cream itching starts so doctor please help me even now m having itching on my face.
I AM MOHIT my age is 19 I am suffering from pain in my back what should I do to get relief from this.
Last 3 days I am suffering from havy fever and also took medicine but till now I am not well what am I do now?
I am suffering from over weight. Please suggest something to get rid of these extra kilos How much should my weight be?
As winter approaches, most people notice their skin turning dry and scaly. This can make fine lines and wrinkles more noticeable and can cause itchiness that may even be accompanied by bleeding. Dry skin is caused by a loss of moisture. Here are a few tips to help deal with dry skin.
Moisturize- To make up for the lack of moisture in the air, religiously apply moisturiser over your skin after having a shower. This helps hydrate the skin and keeps the moisture in your skin from escaping.
Right Moisturiser- In most cases, creams work better than lotions when dealing with dry skin. Creams that contain natural oils such as olive oil or jojoba oil work well to deep moisturise dry skin. Other ingredients your skin cream should contain are lactic acid, urea, lanolin, petrolatum, hyaluronic acid etc.
Shower Wisely- Limit your showers to a maximum of 10 minutes and try to use warm water instead of hot water. Though standing under a hot shower may feel good at the moment, it rids the skin of its natural oils and hence dries the skin.
Use Gentle Soaps- A cream-based soap that is fragrance-free is great for dry skin. This soothes the skin and moisturises as it cleanses.
Protect Your Skin- Limit your skin’s exposure to natural elements in the winter. If you must step out, clad yourself well and be sure to put on a pair of gloves and socks. Limit tasks that need you to wet your hands.
Shave Smartly- Shaving not only removes unwanted hair but can also irritate the skin. The ideal time to shave is after a shower as this is when your hair is most pliable. Also, always use a sharp, clean blade and shaving cream or gel to protect your skin.
Get a Humidifier- A humidifier can help regulate humidity levels within your house. However, excessive humidity is not good either as it can also adversely affect your skin.
Apply Coconut Oil- Coconut oil is rich in fatty acids that make up for the loss of moisture in the skin. The ideal time to apply coconut oil on the dry skin is before going to bed or after having a bath.
Be careful about laundry detergents- The soap being used to wash your clothes may not always be completely washed off. This can irritate sensitive skin and cause itchiness and flaking. When choosing laundry detergents pick one that is hypoallergenic.
- Wear fabrics that love your skin- Avoid synthetic fabrics that stick to the skin and instead, pick gentle fabrics like cotton or silk that allow the skin to breathe. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
I have stomach infection and cervical pain while I am working in office sitting on chair please tell some suggestion for my health. Kindly revert as soon as possible. Thanks sir.
9 high-fiber foods that are filling
It is perceived that healthy foods are not filling. This is a myth. High-fiber foods are your main source of nutrients and keep you healthy. Fiber from food also ensures your body weight stays low and cholesterol in blood is managed well. It helps all the toxins out of your body and makes you look lean and good. You must try to replace what you usually consume with these high-fiber foods to beat hunger pangs as well as ensure health.
9 high-fiber foods that make you feel full and provide adequate fiber too.
1) oatmeal - have a filling breakfast of oatmeal and eliminate your daily 11 am cravings. High in fiber, oatmeal also keeps cholesterol in check and keeps you satisfied.
2) lentils - lentils are extremely high in proteins as well as fiber. Even a bowl full is good enough to keep your full for a long time.
3) broccoli - along with having cancer-fighting properties and a lot of antioxidants, broccoli has a large amount of fiber good enough to keep you full for a long time.
4) pears - a medium sized pear is packed with almost 6 grams of fiber, making it an appropriate health snack.
5) apples - nutritious and delicious, a medium sized apple can give you more than 4 grams of fiber.
6) barley - of all the grains, barley has the highest content of fiber which is close to six grams.
7) chia seeds - high in fiber, chia seeds are so flexible that they can be consumed as accompaniment in most dishes - be it cookies, yoghurt or salad.
8) carrots - baby carrots are the most ideal snacks ever, being easy to consume, rich source of beta-carotene and having high fiber content.
9) almonds - a quarter cup of almonds would give you almost 5 grams of fiber.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
Depression follows the trajectory opposite to contentment. It has adverse effects on a person's mental and physical health. Being depressive is not a choice; it is a condition. The fact that despondency is not an elected way of life is a mystery to many. People surrounding a depressed person should make conscious efforts in treating them with love and dignity. Subjecting a person to strict deadlines, stringent rules or excessive pressure could worsen their situation.
Ways to tackle a depressed family member:
- Create occasions to enjoy a hearty laugh: If you have a family member suffering from depression you should probably share the benefits of laughter with him or her. Laughter is the best medicine to remedy acute depression. Look for opportunities to crack a joke or make the concerned person play with a pet. You can also take the person to watch humorous movies.
- "You are impossible" is the worst way of approaching a problem: In many cases a depressed person is reported with instances of negativity. Though the expressed negativity makes you feel morbid, do not give up on your family member. The person involuntarily finds reasons to feel hopeless. You should never think the case is beyond any kind of betterment.
- Keep them in a positive environment: Positive ideas can counter dejection. Help the person plan for a great future. Lay stress on how important that person is to you and to the world in general. Keeping one's mind creatively occupied can prove to be effective. Music or any other passion for that matter can help a person get over phases of depression.
- You should not associate depression with perpetual sadness: Depression can have plenty of symptoms. The symptoms vary from one person to another. While some people lack in motivation some might want to harm themselves or others. Many become a recluse. The minute you associate depression with sadness you limit your overview of the actual problem.
- Help the family member take his or her medicines diligently: While counseling helps a few patients of depression some others require medication. A bout of depression will dissuade a person from sticking to his or her medical routine. As a loved one it is your due responsibility to persuade him or her to take medicines regularly.