Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Kochi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. MadhusoodhananYour feedback matters!
Is it ok to drink water in th early morning without brushing teeth? what about bacteria in saliva? doesnt it harm us.
Hi, My Jaws are shrinking. I am feeling tightness in my jaws from last few months. Left side of my chick is getting tight as compared to right side. I am usually chewing Pan Masala not gutka. Now I quit this habit from last week. Please suggest.
I don't have a fat body means I am too slim I have joined gyms also but still no change in me I am very thin. I have a bed habit that I eat tobacco. Other then that I don't do anything so how can I get fet.
I believe I am underweight. How can I improve my health? Most of the time I feel dizzy and sleepy. Please suggest some diets in order to gain weight, be healthy and active.
Hi doc I have opened my pimples on face and it became holes so can I close that opened pores suggest me some medicines I am 21 year old.
When I wake up after sleep my throat and tongue are extremely dry. I am suffering from this problem from last few weeks. please suggest me remedies.
How can I reduce my pimples? I done all the things to reduce my pimples but still I have pimples. What can I do? Please give me an effective guidance to reduce it.
I am 29 years old. My one motor cycle accident occured and I received injury on my right leg and resulting of which disconnect legament on right leg knee. So what I shoud do?
I really don't know what is happening to me 1 week before I have joined in a hostel that was the first time I have to stay in the hostel I am feeling terror sometimes I feel happy and sometimes I feel so sad now I am at home when I thought about the hostel that was a terrifying thought to me also please help me. I really don't want to go there.
Hello sir. My brother have typhoid fever. In early stage so what should do for prevent and control typhoid fever. He do not what eat food. please share some precaution for typhoid.
Can I make my chest broad after 45 years of age by weightlifting or doing exercises, if yes, then what type of exercises and what type of diet should I take?
I am loosing my hairs quickly. I have tried many shampoos but nothing is happening. Can you please suggest me what to do to stop my hair fall. Can you please help me.
Main 20 age ki hu. Majhe pcos hain. Main 70 kgs ki hu. Mere do saal pehele gal bladder operation hua hain. Main kya karun? Kya main kabhi pregnant nahi ho sakti?
This is srinath .24 year old. I am facing pimples problem from last 8 years .Is any solution for that. I have stopped eating chicken.
Hi. Got married in 2012 .N I have been diagnosed with pcod. N under treatment using medicines since past three years. Had reduced almost five kilos .Taken follicular study several times .Sometimes follicle there sometimes not .Can you suggest any other alternative.
About a 45 percent of adults snore occasionally, and although most people tend to ignore it, snoring is a problem that must be dealt with consideration. There are many families where one spouse snores and keeps the other person from a good night’s sleep. It has been reported that snoring can create severe disputes in marriage and one who snores must take steps to control snoring.
Snoring is not simply a nuisance, but a major proportion of individuals who snore are affected with obstructive sleep apnea by which breathing is disrupted while a person is fast asleep. This condition increases the risk of heart diseases. Fortunately, there are ways to control a person's snoring.
- Weight loss: Having a large neck circumference and being overweight increases the risk of pushing the fat down at the throat resulting in snoring. With a suitable weight loss training, one can control the snoring to a considerable extent.
- Altering sleep positions: Sleeping on the sides help in forbidding the tongue from resting backwards and blocking the throat while sleeping. Some specially created pillows can help the individuals from rolling back during sleep.
- Limit alcohol intake: Intake of alcohol contributes to further relaxation of muscles in the airways and collapse the path which makes snoring even worse. Limiting consumption of alcohol and avoiding to drink it at least 4 to 5 hours before going to bed can reduce snoring to a significant extent.
- Stop smoking: Smoking invariably leads to nasal congestion as well as inflammation which in turn worsen snoring. If one is running out of reasons to avoid smoking, then this is one of the most convincing reasons to quit smoking and enjoy overall good health.
- Certain medications: There are some medicines, particularly sedatives and antihistamines are designed to have a relaxing effect and can, therefore, aggravate snoring. But it is advised to consult with the general physician before making any alterations in the medicine routine.
- Avoid opening the mouth: Those who are aware of snoring with the mouth open must avoid opening the mouth during sleep by using a specifically designed tape or adhesive for closing shut the mouth while sleeping.
- Using specialised device: The mandibular advancement device is specifically crafted for those who suffer from tongue-based snoring. This equipment helps in moving the jaw forward as well as prevent the tongue from blocking the backside of the throat while sleeping.
- Avoid nasal collapse: Those who suffer from nasal collapse must use some form of adhesive nasal dilator strip which has to be placed over the nose. This would aid in keeping the airways open as well as reduce snoring.
- Treat allergies: Inflammation, as well as nasal congestion triggered by allergies, is a common cause of snoring while sleeping. One must opt to do an allergy test to identify and reduce potential allergens in the area where the individual sleeps such as bedding type, pet hair, dust mites, wheat or dairy intolerance and lessen snoring.
Thus, snoring can be controlled before it becomes a problem.
Perichondritis is an infection that occurs in the tissues surrounding the cartilage of the outer ear which provide nourishment to the cartilage. It is also known as auricular Perichondritis. In some cases, the immune system of the body may turn dysfunctional and start to destroy these tissues. Such a medical condition is then known as relapsing Perichondritis.
It is usually caused when the tissues experience trauma. Certain causes are:
1. It may occur after a surgery due to surgical trauma
2. Certain sports injuries
3. Ear piercing increases the risk of this infection
4. Any burn, laceration and cuts around the outer ear
5. If you have untreated ear condition such as swimmer’s ear (infection in the outer canal of the ear)
The symptoms of Perichondritis are:
1. You may experience swelling and redness in the affected area
2. You may have a fever
3. Pus may develop in the affected area
4. In some cases, the ear structure may be deformed
In addition to the above symptoms, relapsing Perichondritis may cause hearing loss, sudden weight loss, pain in your muscles and complications in your respiratory system.
The treatment of Perichondritis usually involves antibiotics. Antibiotics are administered depending on the severity of the symptoms. If there is trapped pus involved, then surgery may be required to treat the condition. An incision is made in the affected area and then the pus is drained out. If the infection is extremely severe resulting in deformity of the ear, then parts of the ear might have to be amputated. Plastic surgery may also be used to correct the shape of the ear.
In case of relapsing Perichondritis, certain steroid medications are administered to suppress the immune system to prevent it from attacking the tissues. There are some preventive measures, which you can employ to avoid Perichondritis. Avoid piercing your ear to reduce chances of contracting this infection. Also, if you have conditions such as swimmer’s ear, then make sure it is treated at the earliest. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.