Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Rheumatologists in India. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Rheumatologists online in kochi . View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Joe Thomas
Submit a review for Dr. Joe ThomasYour feedback matters!
(1) Two month completed of my right knee ACL torn. I do not have any pain in my right knee. I have started my routine activities official from last 10 days without knee belt. I am not facing any problem while walking on uneven surface also. Sir,Is it really require for ACL arthroscopic surgery? NOTE: I do not want to play any sports game in future. (2) Without belt I have not found any instability in my right knee. Can I continue to walk without knee belt? (3) what will be simantanance for compulsory require ACL repair/reconstruction to avoid further damage to tibia and femur? (4) What will be the frequency of knee exercise? Is it every day or three days in week? How many years the knee exercise require? (3) At.
Hi, this is haritha. My friend is suffering with severe knee pain, she has fallen down from bike one and half year back, when she has fallen the right leg twisted at knee there is no swelling seen outside. I want to know y there is pain still?
Sir I had a knee problem in acl injury in kabaddi how we solve these acl injuries please give me some suggestions I can't take treatment because I belongs to a poor family.
Hello I'm. 21 years old male, nowadays I'm having some insomniac problems and undergoing lots of stress how would I deal?
I am having a knee injury. The doctor said that its because of a ligament injury which he requires an MRI scan to confirm the real cause. He suggested me to wear a knee brace on a regular basis but the problem is that the swelling in the knee is not disappearing after 2 days. Should I be worried?
I want to loose my weight at least 5 kg. Its increasing slowly. My all reports are normal (thyroid, sugar, BP, cholesterol) Also I have a problem of varicose veins. Please suggest me a good diet for weight loss and varicose veins.
Knee pain is a common phenomenon that plagues most of the people irrespective of their age. It can be the outcome of a torn cartilage or a ruptured ligament. Medical complications, such as infections, gout or arthritis (painful inflammation and stiffness of the joints) can also give way to knee pain. Minor knee pain can be eased by self-care remedies such as physical therapy or by putting on knee braces. However, few complications might demand surgical repair. Pain can be managed by the pain management specialists.
Tips to manage knee pain:
1. Medications such as naproxen, ibuprofen and acetaminophen can be administered to help remedy knee pain.
2. You can seek relief by massaging your knees with ointments constituting of a number of agents such as capsaicin or lidocaine.
3. Keep away from your usual chores to prevent repetitive strains on the knees, thus, allowing the injury to heal as well as to stay safe from further damage.
4. Applying an ice pack in a towel can ease the inflammation and pain. But do not extend its usage for more than 20 minutes because that might harm the skin and nerves.
5. Compression bandages can inhibit fluid accumulation in the damaged tissues aiding knee alignment stability. Ensure that it is tight enough to render support to your knees without actually obstructing blood circulation.
6. To pacify the swelling, try resting your sore leg on a pillow (the idea here is to keep the affected leg elevated to reduce further pain).
7. Shed off your extra pounds as being overweight increases chances of other disorders such as osteoarthritis problem.
8. Go for regular work outs to enhance and maintain the flexibility of your muscles as excessively weak or abnormally tight muscles can contribute to injuries. Be smart while choosing your method of exercise based on the condition you are suffering from. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Sleep is the most essential part of our lives because it is the time when our body gets rejuvenated and recharged. However, due to numerous reasons, quite a few individuals fail to achieve proper sleep or any sleep at all. This condition in which a person is unable to sleep at night can be termed as insomnia.
Causes of insomnia
There can be varied reasons for different people that can cause insomnia.
- Unhealthy lifestyle i.e. improper sleep cycle, improper food habits, untimely naps, substance abuse etc.
- Medical conditions like sinus allergies, gastrointestinal problems, endocrine problems, arthritis, asthma, neurological condition like Parkinson’s disease, chronic back pain etc.
- Psychological conditions like depression and anxiety
- Certain medications aimed to cure other health problems
In case of the treatable medical reasons, insomnia is gone once the problem is treated. However, for people who have no idea as to why they suffer from insomnia, here are certain tips that can help in fighting it.
Lifestyle changes to cure insomnia
Starting with a significant lifestyle change can be a great way to change one’s sleep cycles and get a good night’s sleep.
- Maintain a proper and healthy diet, with more fruits and vegetables and less carbs and fat.
- Try to sleep and wake up at the same time everyday (despite the fact that you may not feel sleepy). This will train the body and regulate the body clock.
- Avoid afternoon naps or any short naps during the day.
- Exercise daily for at least 30 minutes.
- Avoid caffeine as it has contains properties that keeps a person up for long hours.
- Avoid intake of alcohol and nicotine. Although alcohol is associated with fun and partying, it is actually a depressant and causes improper sleep.
- Avoid any meal right before bed time.
Tips that can help
- Take a good, warm shower right before sleep.
- Ask your partner to give you a nice massage before bedtime.
- Restrict bed activities to sleep and sex only, nothing more.
- Make a really comfortable and inviting sleep environment.
- Try and get rid of all your worries before going to bed.
- Reduce stress using a number of stress reduction therapies like meditation, deep breathing, progressive muscle relaxation techniques, etc. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.