Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Psychologists online in Ernakulam. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Mrs. Fathima M A
Submit a review for Mrs. Fathima M AYour feedback matters!
I have a hair problem. Itz thinning at some parts on my head. My hair is thick in most of d places whereas itz thin n brittle at some I used hair gels in d past but stopped it a year back I am a smoker since 2-3 years n smoke 2 fags a day Im a student n I stay in a hostel where a few more guyz have similar problems who do not smoke or use gels n hair styling products. What can b the cause and remedy. Plzz help me.
I lost some close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time .please help me.
Your mental and emotional health impacts how you think, feel, and carry on in everyday life. It additionally influences your capacity to adapt to stress, defeat challenges, construct connections, and recover from life's difficulties and hardships. Whether you are hoping to adapt to a particular psychological wellness issue, better manage disagreeable feelings, or essentially need to feel more confident, enthusiastic, and adjusted, there are a lot of things you can do to take control of your emotional health.
Regardless of how sad or defenseless you feel as of now, these systems can help your state of mind, fabricate versatility, and increase your general pleasure in life:
- Remain active: The psyche and the body are naturally connected. When you enhance your physical wellbeing, you will naturally encounter more mental and emotional happiness. Physical movement additionally discharges endorphins, effective chemicals that lift your state of mind and give you energy. Customary practice or action can majorly affect mental and enthusiastic medical issues, mitigate stress, enhance memory, and help you to rest better.
- Oversee stress: At the point when stress gets to be distinctly overpowering, it can harm your state of mind, trigger mental and physical medical issues, and influence your personal satisfaction. As examined above, face-to-face social association and physical action are both instinctual approaches to get rid of stress. In any case, when stress hits, it is not generally practical to have a companion close by to incline toward or to have the capacity to go out for a walk or run.
- Eat a solid eating routine: Unless you have tried to change your eating regimen before, you may not know exactly how much you eat or not eat. This influences the way you think and feel. An unfortunate eating regimen can inflict significant damage on your brain and mindset, disturb your rest, decrease your energy, and weaken your immune system.
- Get enough quality rest: Reducing sleep may appear like a good move when you have a very busy life. However, with regards to your mental and emotional wellbeing, getting enough quality sleep is a need, not a luxury. Skipping even a couple of hours here and there can inflict significant damage on your mind, energy, mental sharpness, and capacity to handle stress. Long-term unending work can wreak destruction on your health.
- Discover reason and importance in life: Everybody determines significance and reason in various ways that include doing things that benefit others, and also yourself. You may consider it an approach to feel required, like yourself, a reason that drives you on, or essentially motivation to get up in the morning. In natural terms, discovering importance and objective is fundamental to mental wellbeing as it can produce new cells and make new neural pathways in the brain.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Life has its ups and downs, but often we hold on to the downs for much longer than the actual event. While the trigger or anger, pain and hurt are beyond our control, the amount it can affect us is well within reach. Here are a few ways to cope better with emotional upsets.
- Give yourself a window to be upset: Be realistic and give yourself a time frame to give in to your emotions. Whether, angry, sad or frustrated tell yourself that you have only 1 day to be upset. In a way, this will diffuse the anger, frustration and once this time is over, you can start planning ahead.
- Take responsibility: Try analysing what you may have done to make the other person react in the way he or she did. Focus on what you could have done better and you will find yourself feeling more empowered.
- Get physical: Exercise and other forms of physical activity decrease stress hormones and increases the productions of endorphins or happy hormones that elevate the mind. Exercising also gives you time to focus on yourself without distractions.
- Express yourself: Whether it’s through art or writing, find an outlet for your emotions. This keeps it from being bottled up inside and gets the pain and frustration out of your system.
- Breathe: Breathing techniques like ujayii and anulom vilom can help calm the mind down when it is troubled and upset. These breathing techniques also keep your emotions from escalating.
- Get company: It is never a good idea to isolate yourself when you’re feeling blue. Instead, find people who you can open up to and share your thoughts with. This will give you a fresh perspective on what is going on.
- Look at both sides: No event is ever completely bad. No matter what may be troubling you look at both the good and bad sides of it. This can help minimise your loss and make it easier to let go of the problem.
- Do something different: The best way to get your mind off something is to give it something else to focus on. If you’re troubled by something that happened at work, go for a drive or play a sport. Similarly, if you’re having relationship trouble, go out with a few friends or read a book to take your mind off it.
- Visualize: Imagine the person or the event that is upsetting you as an object in your mind and visualise it melting away. Remind yourself that the anger or frustration you are feeling is worse than the person or event itself.
- Clean up: Organise your desk, your room or start cleaning up space around you. This will take attention away from whatever is troubling you and give you something to do. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.