Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Kochi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Davis J Akkara
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Davis J AkkaraYour feedback matters!
The best doctor with human values
My 7 years old boy has recurring scaly patch under left eye. It's start as red swollen patch to scaly and then goes away after applying the Eumosone-m. It's comes after 3-4 days. Kindly suggest something.
I have red eyes and fever which comes at morning and evening My whole body becomes hot Please advice me what to do now.
I have undergone c3r in the month September 2015. I need help to get lens to support that. Please let me know.
Your eyes are your gateway to the world. If they are tired, you may not be able to enjoy the many beautiful things around. It may affect your mood as well as your performance at work. Here are some amazing techniques to revive those tired eyes.
1. Ample sleep
Best way to allow your eyes to revive is to regularly get ample sleep for around 7 hours daily. Without proper sleep your eyes will feel tired and stressed. Allow your eyes to rest with regular uninterrupted sleep. Also make sure you wash your eyes before you sleep.
2. Chilled tea bags
Love sipping cups of your favorite tea? don't throw away those used tea bags. Tea is rich in tannins and antioxidants, which have the ability to rejuvenate the eyes once the tea bags are put in the freezer for 4-5 minutes andt then placed on the eyes till their coolness wears.
3. Cold cucumber slices
Cut slices of cucumber, large enough to cover your eyes and place them in refrigerator for some time. Once the slices are cool, place them on your eyes for quick relief. It's an easy and handy remedies for your eyes.
4. Eye bath
Take clean water or a medical eye wash in a bowl. Place the bowl in front of you and slowing try to dip your eyes in the liquid with them being open. It will give your eyes a quick bath, removing dirt and pollutants off your eyes, thus allowing your eyes a perfect environment to recover.
5. Cucumber soaked eye pads
Cucumber soaked eye pads are easy to use and very effective in providing tired eyes the much-needed relief. You can place the pads on your eyes overnight for even better results. It will also reduce the swelling around the eyes.
6. Potato juice
Potatoes can be very effective in curing dark circles and providing quick relief to tired and puffy eyes. Extract juice out of a potato and cool it for a few minutes in the refrigerator. Once cold, apply the juice around your eyes with the help of a cotton swab.
Massage the area around the eyes to improve blood circulation and improve the lymphatic drainage to relieve puffiness around the eyes. Gently massage around your eyes, making gentle circles with your index finger for quick relief.
8. Eye drops
Use an eye drop prescribed by your ophthalmologist to soothe itchy and tired eyes. Do not, however, use an eye drop that has been kept open for long as using one can lead to infections.
Sir mere left eye me irritation rehta h jab me mobile dekhta hu to zyada ho jaati h ye just nose k side me hota h right eye is safe so please consult me any medicine for my treatment please.
Macular Degeneration is an age-related macular degeneration incurable eye disease, which might result in blurred vision or no vision in the centre of the vision field, which might lead to visual distortions, reduced central vision, decreased intensity of the colours and can make it difficult for the patient to recognize faces, read, drive and to perform other activities.
Types of Macular Degeneration
1. Dry Macular Degeneration: It is characterized by the presence of drusen and thinning of macula because of a breakdown or thinning of the layer of retinal pigment epithelial cells in the macula.
2. Wet macular degeneration: In this type of AMD, there is an excessive growth of blood vessels, which causes bleeding, leakage, as well as scaring under the retina, which results in a rapid and severe loss of the central vision and might become permanent if not treated.
Causes of Age-related Macular Degeneration:
This is caused due to a problem related to the part of eye known as Macula, which is a spot at the centre of the retina of the eye. The focus point of the incoming ray of light is on Macula, which is responsible for see the things direct in front of us, especially reading and writing.
- Age: As the age increases, the probability of developing Age-related Macular Degeneration also increases significantly. The degree of the macular degeneration might vary person to person, but ageing is a major cause of suffering from age-related macular degeneration.
- Smoking: Smoking increases the chances of developing the disease in comparison to someone who does not smoke. The longer you have smoked, the more are the chances of developing it.
- Family History: The risk of developing the Age-related Macular Degeneration increases if it runs in your family, i.e. if your parents and siblings are suffering from it, then your chances of developing it are quite high as compared to the ones who do not have any family history.
- Obesity: The obese people have the higher chances of developing Age-related Macular Degeneration.
- Alcohol: Higher alcohol consumption also puts you at the risk of AMD, which is why one should always take alcohol in limited quantity only.
- Sunlight: As going out in sunlight without sunscreen is harmful to your skin, the same is harmful to your eyes for longer duration, and one should always wear UV-absorbing sunglasses to protect his eyes from AMD.
- Ethnicity: The white and Chinese are more prone to developing AMD as compared to the black people.
- Cardiovascular disease: The persons who have suffered diseases that affect the heart and other blood vessel are at higher risk of macular degeneration.
Treatment of Age-related Macular Degeneration
1. Anti-VEGF Drugs: The dry macular degeneration cannot be cured while the wet macular degeneration can be stabilized and maintained with a number of medical treatments to be injected into the eye, such as Lucentis, Avastin and Eylea. These are not long procedures and continued monitoring of the vision to maintain or improve the vision.
2. Laser photocoagulation: It consists of a concentrated beam of high energy thermal light that is directed towards the retina to obliterate and seal leaking blood vessels. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.