Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Katni and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Akshay GuptaYour feedback matters!
I just had extracted my teeth braces which was on my teeth for about 8 months. My dentist gave me a plastic type transparent teeth frame But now a days I am feeling or seeing the gaps between my teeth again. Should I really worry about it. Help.
I am 26 years old, and one of my teeth there is something white patch there it about more than 12 years, I asked dentist but they told that's because some minerals deficiency.. Is that true? I will not drink milk, tea or coffee any think because of this it will be. What is the solution for this?
Sir, last down corner teeth full paining that teeth on top one small hole also having, I can't sleep at night, please.
I am 17 year old boy. The front and the back part of my teeth are getting yellow and blackish. What should I do?
Hello sir, I am 22 years old. I have yellow teeth. I used all colgate tooth paste. But still I have yellow teeth. What can I do?
I have Sub mucous Fibrosis and mouth doesnt open so how can I take care of my teeth that have decayed and its spreading to other teeth also.
What is the role of toothpaste in brushing. Can you recommend me one toothpaste which is effective for cleansing.
Hi, I am suffering from mouth ulcer from last few years. When I get this ulcer I use b-complex tab so I can get relief. But how long is this. Can I have permanent remedy for this.
Diets that are deficient in vitamin c can cause severe dental problems, including loose teeth and bleeding gums. Try a salad with citrus fruits, like orange or grapefruit, to boost your body's ability to fight those destructive symptoms, as well as plaque. Be sure to buffer citrus fruits by including them as part of a meal, because their acid content could potentially erode tooth enamel.
I hv ylow teeth. M thnkng to go fa scaling n polishing. N if results r nt good. Thn I wl go fa bleaching. Is it ok? Sugest me.
One thing that can put away talking to someone very interesting is bad breath. And it is not an uncommon problem. While most just try to use mouth wash and chewing gums to keep it away, it is important to note that bad breath can be a sign of underlying causes, both in the mouth and the body as a whole.
Identifying the reason can help in early diagnosis and prompt treatment of the actual disease condition.
There could be oral and general causes for bad breath or halitosis as it is medically called. Food habits and other lifestyle habits including smoking can also lead to bad breath.
- Presence of food debris in a moist environment (saliva) is ideal for the oral bacteria to act on the food particles and break them down. This causes a bad breath, when it leads to plaque formation and it then calcifies into a hardened substance called calculus. Plaque and calculus are the main ingredients for tooth decay and periodontal disease.
- Severe tooth decay leads to bad breath as does periodontal infections. In severe cases, there could even be abscess formation in the root area of the tooth with pus formation
- Unclean dentures are another source of halitosis. There could be food lodged in between teeth or the undersurface of the denture, leading to bad breath.
- Dry mouth or xerostomia - Certain diseases and drugs can lead to dry mouth with reduced amounts of saliva. Saliva has a natural flushing effect on the bacteria, and in its absence, the bacteria thrive, leading to a bad odour.
General health: Chronic diseases like gastroesophageal reflux disease, digestive disorders, liver disorders, cancer, and diabetes can lead to bad breath.
- Long-term smoking and/or chewing tobacco and alcohol are also reasons for bad breath.
- Crash diets: People on low-carb diets can have a bad breath, owing to burning of the fat and producing ketones, which have a strong smell.
- Medications: Nitrates to reduce angina, chemotherapy agents for cancer, phenothiazines for anxiety can all lead to bad breath. They reduce saliva and/or release chemicals causing bad breath.
Management: The first step in managing halitosis is to nail the cause down, which makes it easier to treat.
- Start with oral hygiene check, and if there is decay or gum disease, consider restorations and cleaning.
- Mouth rinses can be used in the maintenance phase.
- Cessation of tobacco use should be considered.
- General health conditions like GERD should be managed
- Artificial saliva in cases of xerostomia
- Alternative medications if they are causing the bad breath
Oral breath is definitely embarrassing but can be managed very easily.