Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kasargod and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Usha ManonYour feedback matters!
I had a sex with my girlfriend. And during sex she get discharge but that discharge was not normal it was dark white sticky discharge. And after next day she get discharge again white color discharge. But how it's possible discharge comes during sex then how she get discharge without having sex. I am worried please help. Explain.
My mother is 43 years old and her ultrasonography report of whole abdomen says an ill defined SOL (5.16x3. 23 cm) is noted in posterior uterine wall-may be? Fibroid and a dominant follicle/follicular cyst (2.16x1. 97 cm) is noted in left ovary. Also as compared to her 2010 USG reports, enlarged uterus and ovary has been reported in 2016 USG reports. Kindly help.
Hello doc, my this month period is not not yet started my date was 7th Nd I checked pregnancy test but it's negative, I been to doc Nd she gave premature some kind of tab, she said after taking this my period will start, but it's been I week it's not yet started doc Nd suddenly I'm feeling that my stomach was bloating from fews days I have taken omee tab for gas I have taken from Medical store, even I feeling fever Nd cold from last week. Present cold is not there then also my feel my voice is like I have full. Please help me out doc. Or suggest me gud tab so my period can start. Even I have cough frm 1 week it's not curing.
Hello sir My wife was pregnant in January 2016 but we abort pregnancy with tablet But she pregnant again so now this time aslo take abort pregnancy by tablet.
I am 21 years old. My date is 27th, unfortunately sexual relation without condom with my boyfriend on after 14 days. After duration, 10 days continuous bleeding. In this month do not have any periods symptoms so I have more fear than what I do? please help me.
I get periods of 15-20 days duration with heavy flow. I am now 43 yrs. My period cycle has also reduced.
Cumin seed is a culinary herb that is local to Asia and is particularly used in India on everyday basis. Cumin seeds are otherwise called jeera, caraway and kummel. It is a product of the cumin herb, however, it transforms into a seed only once it has dried. Cumin is an esteemed spice as it has numerous health advantages, usually for digestive conditions like colic, dyspepsia and flatulence. Nevertheless, consuming cumin seeds can have numerous side effects as well; so consult your specialist before you use it for medicinal purposes, as it can cause certain side effects as well, such:
- Acidity or heartburn: Cumin seeds are known for their gas easing properties, yet it can bring about one of the most widely recognized digestive issue that is heartburn. It tends to facilitate the escape of more gas into your gastrointestinal tract.
- Liver damage: Oil present in the cumin seeds is very unstable and can bring about liver and kidney damage, in case one consumes cumin seed in huge quantities for a long stretch of time. Cumin oil is used for animals to prevent or reduce muscle fits and spasms.
- Burping: The carminative impact of cumin seed may bring about excessive burping. Also, burping is sometimes referred as a ructus or belching, which includes too much bloating. Gas from the intestinal tract and stomach is released through the mouth. At times, burping has an awful smell and a trademark sound.
- Abortifacient effects: Cumin seeds may also affect pregnant ladies. Consuming a lot of cumin seeds can prompt an unnatural birth cycle or instigate untimely or premature labor.
- Low blood sugar level: Consuming cumin seeds in large quantities can bring down the glucose level in the body. One must remember this in case you are setting out toward a surgery in the near future. During surgery, it is crucial to keep up the glucose level.
- Narcotic effects: Cumin seed has opiate properties. They need to be consumed with precaution, as they can be addictive. Opposite reactions of cumin seed are mental blurring, sleepiness and nausea.
- Heavy menstrual cycle: Cumin seeds may cause heavy bleeding during the menstrual cycle. In the event of cumin seeds being consumed in large amounts, you may experience heavier periods.
- Causes allergy: Utilization of cumin seeds can bring about skin rashes and sensitivity. So individuals with skin sensitivity need to consume less cumin seeds to improve the condition.
- Not good for diabetics: Diabetic patients need to control their glucose level. They must maintain regular glucose levels to stay sound. Fluctuating glucose levels are a strict no for most diabetics. As mentioned recently, cumin seeds may diminish your glucose level rapidly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Respected Doctor. My wife is 6 and half months pregnant. She is suffering from white discharge since 1 and half months. She has consulted local gynaecologist. She is receiving treatment. Being worried she has consulted three local gynaecologist. Even after 1and half months treatment she is not satisfied. She has been prescribed per vaginal pessaries. Both antifungal & antibacterial (clindamicin. Clotrimazole. Oral antibiotics. Antispasmodics. Etc. After all the treatment symptoms resolved by 50%--60%. But still white discharge continues. The patient herself is gynaecologist & myself is pediatrician couples. Kindly guide us. Will this white discharge continue till delivery. Is there any risk of intra-uterine infection. What to do? this is our precious and first successful pregnancy. Kindly give your valuable opinion and advice. Is this leucorrhoea physiological or pathological? kindly help.
I am going for a first time sex with my girl friend but I feared about the pregnancy and also she is virgin. please suggest me what to do. What type of contraceptive pill will be best as she is 26 years old.
My wife is having cyst in right ovaries. So she is experiences heavy pains during MC. What should be done?
Everyone is aware of the fact that lack of sleep can lead to low levels of energy and fatigue. For people who have been suffering from a sleep deprivation, the cycle is never ending and they are forever in a state of low energy and do not perform their best. Added with all this sleep deprivation also leads the insomnia sufferers to perform well in bet. Thus poor sleep quality affects the sex life.
Often the effect of lack of sleep will have on a person's sex life is with the overall poor attitude that usually falls and the person remains exhausted all the time. People suffering from long standing fatigue are often irritable and quarrelsome and these personality traits just don't set the mood for a romantic evening. Women also suffer from low sex drive if exhausted, though for them it is more about being emotional. According to a study, by National Sleep Foundation, in 2010, around one in every four Americans have agreed that they are too tired to indulge in sexual activities with their partner. With added distractions from technology, like smartphones and e-readers, social media and e-mails just tend to keep people up for longer and later hours.
In men this is a little more scientific. This has been backed by research that there is a close relation in the quality of the sleep and the levels of testosterone in a man. This seems to be a circular pattern. While studies show a link that the hormone levels fall, there are studies that also show that a man with low levels of testosterone often wakes up more at night and has lower sleep efficiency. So the both are intertwined very closely and hard to say which comes first; but the obvious result is lowered male libido.
Apart from this if you or your snore, it might also lead to insomnia, as snoring becomes noisy for your partner. This can lead your partner to be lethargic and exhausted as their sleep is not adequate. Since sexual activities involve physical exertion, feeling exhausted and irritable after a sleepless, noisy night can easily make sex the last thing on mind.
One can try the following to improve the quality of sleep:
- Maintain healthy weight ranges as excess weight can lead to sleep apnea in both men and women
- Abstain or reduce smoking as it just leads to obstructive sleep apnea
- Exercise regularly as it helps to check the weight and when combined with Continuous positive airway pressure therapy then it improves sleep apnea
- If you are suffering from sleep apnea then must use Continuous positive airway pressure therapy every night.
I am suffering from pcos and every size is 13-14. Are they very big in size and I should go for operation.
Flatulence is the condition of having excessive gas in stomach or intestine. This can result in uncomfortable feelings of bloating, as well as increased belching (burping) or passing of gas from the rectum.
Home remedies for flatulence
1. Take 2-3 gm of black pepper (kali mirch) and long pepper (piplamul, lindi pepper, piplamool) powder with honey (shahad) twice daily.
2. Slowly chew a small amount of fennel (souf) seeds or put them in a cup of boiled, hot water for 3-5 minutes and then slowly drink.
3. Eat a fresh piece of ginger (adrak) or added some fresh ginger to your food.
4. Mix two drops of peppermint oil in half a cup of cold water and drink twice daily.
5. Take 4-5 gm of ajowan (ajwain) with rock salt (sendha namak, khanij namak) twice or thrice a day.
I am having pain in nipples and breast from 1 week even after breastfeed. Even not able to feed properly. What should I do?
Hello I am 1 20 years I missed my periods fr 2 months now I consumed about 2-3 delay tablets after I got my chumps to stop it and it got stopped after that I got intercourse with my partner n consumed an ipill with 72 hrs BT after that its been 2 months I did not get my chumps please help!
Home Remedies For 3 Common Menstrual Problems -
Menstrual cycle is an important part in a woman?s life. Whether it is beginning of periods at puberty or menarche or its cessation at menopause- all of it are important phases for her.
Normally the menstrual cycle begins by the age of sixteen and continues till fifties, after which it ceases and menopause happens. Twenties and early thirties mark the most fertile period in a woman?s life. But sometimes certain problems occur in the periods. It causes discomfort, pain and hormonal imbalance in the body. Let us know the common menstrual problems and their home remedies:
A) Amenorrhea is a condition when there is an absence of menstrual cycle. It is of two types:
Primary Amenorrhea: It happens when the menstrual cycle either fails to begin at puberty by the age of sixteen years in girls.
Secondary amenorrhea: It happens when the menstrual cycle stops for six months or more in a woman who has been menstruating regularly before. It may be a temporary or a permanent condition. Pregnancy is an example of temporary secondary amenorrhea. It can also occur due the following reasons:
Use of birth control pills
Ovarian cysts or tumours
Rapid weight loss
Use of drugs
Permanent secondary amenorrhea occurs at menopause or if the woman gets hysterectomy done.
A pelvic exam is done to diagnose amenorrhea and to rule out pregnancy, congenital or ovarian anomalies.
Natural home remedies to treat Amenorrhea:
Have a glassful freshly squeezed beet root juice daily.
Boil half a teaspoon of saffron in a glass of water. Reduce it to a concentrate and take one third part thrice a day.
Drink a glassful of tomato juice thrice day.
Take 3-6 grams of organic Majishtha powder to treat amenorrhea.
Take 250 ml of water and add 6 grams flaxseeds to it. Boil it for ten minutes and add 10 grams clarified butter (or ghee) and 20 grams jaggery to it. Take it at bedtime.
Eat foods rich in Vitamin C like oranges, berries and grapes.
B) Dysmenorrhea is a condition of painful menstrual cycles. The discomfort begins prior to or during periods. It may diminish in intensity after 25 years of age or after delivery. It is of two types:
Primary Dysmenorrhea occurs due to hormonal imbalance that causes contraction of the uterus.
Secondary Dysmenorrhea happens due to any of the following reasons:
Pelvic inflammatory disease
IUD or intrauterine device
Fibroids in the uterus
Natural remedies to treat Dysmenorrhea:
Take half a teaspoon of crushed sesame seeds with warm water twice a day to ease the cramps.
Drink the decoction of ginger root tea to treat painful periods.
Drink chamomile tea twice a day to relieve menstrual cramps.
Boil 1-2 pods of garlic in water. Sip this water thrice a day.
Take 3 grams of organic Shatavari powder with warm milk sweetened with raw sugar daily to relive painful periods.
Fry a couple of pinches of asafoetida in clarified butter and take this thrice a day.
Eat foods rich in calcium like spinach, kale, broccoli etc, and also foods rich in antioxidants like cherries, tomatoes, strawberries etc.
Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of flaxseed powder in your soups, salads or curd daily to reduce hormonal imbalance that causes painful cramps.
Drink a mixture of two teaspoons of basil leaves? juice and hot water thrice a day.
Add ginger, parsley, fennel seeds, peppermint and cinnamon to your diet.
Take 3-6 grams of organic Majishtha powder to treat dysmenorrhea.
Make black tea and add two tablespoon lemon juice, one teaspoon honey and half a teaspoon ginger juice to it. Drink it 2-3 times a day.
Drink lemon grass tea to relieve pain in periods.
Have milk with half a teaspoon of cinnamon at bedtime to ease off menstrual cramps.
C) Menorrhagia is the excessive loss of blood during the menstrual cycle. Too much blood loss may happen over more than seven day period, or in greater than 80 ml of blood loss or both. It may happen due to the following reasons:
Too much exertion due to stress or travel
Endometrium or excessive build up of the uterus lining
Genital tract cancer
Natural remedies to treat Menorrhagia:
Take 3 grams of licorice powder with water drained from rice for 4-5 days to stop excessive bleeding.
Take extract from the sacred fig tree and consume it to stop the excessive blood loss.
Tale 2 grams of mustard seed powder with goat?s milk 2-4 days prior to the start of your menstrual cycle. It will prevent excessive blood loss.
Drink a decoction of 20 grams coriander in 200 ml water till it reduces to one fourth of its volume.
Drink an infusion of 15 grams rough chaff boiled with 250 ml water to treat excessive menstruation.
Chew 2 tablets of Chandraprabha Vati every morning and evening to get the luster back that is lost due to excessive menstruation.
Take two teaspoons of organic Shatavaryadi rasayana with warm milk twice a day.
Take 3-6 grams of organic Majishtha powder to treat menorrhagia.
Try these natural remedies to treat the symptoms of menstrual disorders. Ayurvedic doctor would help you with the specific dosage suited to your body constitution and specific symptoms. Make your health the topmost priority!
Maybe you're just really eager to get pregnant, or maybe you want your baby's birth to happen at a specific time.
Please note that you can not predict a time frame and sometimes it takes time to conceive. Have patience and here are some tips which can help:
The biggest secret to getting pregnant faster is knowing when you ovulate (release an egg from your ovary). Think of the egg as a bull's-eye and the sperm as arrows. One of the arrows has to hit the bull's-eye in order for you to get pregnant. If you notice that you have irregular periods over the course of several months, pinpointing ovulation could be difficult. Ask your doctor for advice.
Once you know when your egg will be released from your ovary, you can plan to have sex during your most fertile days: from three days before ovulation through the day of ovulation. (Starting a little sooner can't hurt; some women have gotten pregnant from sex that happened six days before they ovulated.)
If you have a regular cycle of 28 days, days 12 to 16 days are said to be a woman's most fertile period counting from the first day of cycle.
Sperm have their best shot at fertilizing an egg when they're healthy, strong, and plentiful. Several things can help your partner get his sperm supply in fighting shape:
- Cut back on alcohol (studies show that drinking daily can reduce testosterone levels and sperm counts and raise the number of abnormal sperm)
- Quit tobacco and recreational drugs (these can cause poor sperm function)
- Eat enough of certain key nutrients – like zinc, folic acid, calcium, and vitamins C and D – that help create plentiful, strong, wiggly sperm
- Avoid hot tubs, saunas, and hot baths, since heat kills sperm.