Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Karwar and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. KeerthiYour feedback matters!
I've been having chest pain in the middle of my chest that feels like my heart is being squeezed since I woke up it'll lessen then come back harder. Right now it doesn't hurt so much as it did before. I can breathe Normal and move around fine. I woke up at around 8: 15am now it's 9: 14am. What should I do. Am I having a heart attack? This never happened before just slight heartburn when I eat hot food.
Hi, I am 21 years old. For last four to five days I was more tensed due to work. My bp is varying from 130/90 to 150/90. What I can do?
Chest paining from 2 days may be bcz of chain smoking . please guide Me any medicine or way to leave smoke.
I am 55 years now. I have undergone Angioplasty balloon surgery 5 years ago. I am taking clopilet, carvidelol, atrovastin, enalpril, vitamin and omega caps daily. For the last 4 months I have been getting pain some times severely at joints, wrists, foot and fingers. If I take paracetamol the pain willgoes off. Why the pain occurs? I am doing normal exercise and works as usual.
Hi Doctors! Sir/Madam After Every Meal I Take, I Feel Burning Sensation On My Chest! Sometimes On Right Side Of The Chest Or Left Is It GERD Or Gastritis? And How To Prevent This?
Iam 29 years old female I usually get pain in left part of the chest while walking I can not even walk for 5 min. What. Could be the reason behind this.
Is it advisable to take 2-garlic pearls from apollo pharma thrice a day after or before food to reduce triglycerides .what are its health benefits? Is it okay as I am taking acitrom 4 mg and rosuvas f-10 in the evening. Will acitrom interfere with garlic pearl effect. Kindly advise.
Don't know why but in between the chest i feel pain & it use to occur sometimes very badly. Even sometimes below also. May I know what is the reason for it?
Hello Dr. Sir my mother is 55 year old is hearts patient 2009 first heart block then second 2010 the Dr. had surgery plant the pacemaker after 5 year ago 2010 may mother is in this time big fat grow but please concern loss weight to next some carefully my mom.
Before two weeks my mother fell on wet tiled floor with the weight on chest. At that time she did not felt the pain but after few hours she started pain in chest two three days later it got mild but again started. Please suggest what we should do. She is doing all her works but still feeling the pain.
The heart pumps pure blood to all parts of the body through a network of arteries. These are thicker in the beginning and become finer and thinner as they reach the various organs. These arteries are lined by a layer of epithelial tissues and as blood flows through them, the heavier cholesterol / fat molecules settle down along the walls.
This attracts more and more fat molecules to settle down. This is known as atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries). Over a period of time, the vessels circumference reduces and the blood supply to the target organ reduces. This impacts proper functioning of these organs and when this happens to the major organs like the heart, kidney or the brain, conditions like stroke or thrombosis or heart attack can occur.
This condition, known as coronary artery disease, is becoming a major cause of deaths. While that is the bad news, the good news is that it is largely lifestyle dependent, and if steps are taken, it can be prevented, and in the early stages, the damage completely reversed.
1. Diet: A low-fat, high-fiber, heart-healthy diet consisting of Omega-3 fatty acids is recommended by doctors, especially to people who are prone to develop heart disease. This also requires reduced salt, increased unsaturated fats, reduced triglycerides and reduced sugar. Include loads of fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, nuts and seeds and fish oils. Include multivitamins or other supplements after checking with your doctor.
2. Exercise: Regular exercise in any form increases the efficiency of the circulatory system, keeps the cholesterol levels in check and helps in blood pressure management. Exercise in any form is advisable, based on individual preference. A moderate physical activity of 30 to 45 minutes per day is advisable.
3. Smoking: This is one of the major risk factors for smoking, and quitting or controlling smoking is one of the best methods to prevent coronary artery disease.
4. Alcohol consumption: While moderate alcohol consumption is believed to be healthy for the heart, excessive alcohol consumption is a strict no-no. Binge drinking especially is shown to cause heart attacks.
5. Weight management: Check with your doctor on what is ideal BMI for you and work out a plan to keep your weight under check.
6. Regular medications: If you are on blood pressure or diabetes medications, ensure you do not miss them. Keep a constant check to ensure your readings are managed well.
7. Watch out: Ask your doctor if there are specific symptoms that you need to watch out and seek medical support if you see any of them.
Coronary disease is not treatable fully, but can be prevented and managed effectively to improve the overall quality of life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.