Find numerous Neurosurgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Neurosurgeons online in Karnal. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rakesh Dua
Submit a review for Dr. Rakesh DuaYour feedback matters!
Respected Doctors, I'd like to clearly mention my problem. I'm 23 and I ain't a frequent traveller in flights. When ever I depart a flight & after certain time, I feel my ears closed due to gravity level & for a second or two, I couldn't breath properly. I can feel my brain nerves being pulled by someone and leads to terrible headache for that 20-30mins of journey. After the plane arrives destination, It takes sometime for me to go back to normal condition. Ps: I'm not really scared/feared of heights. Help me fight the condition.:(Thank you for your time.
Respected Dr, I am posting my wife details as she is under treatment to psychiatrist, she is under treatment since june-2014. We got married in the month of november 2008 she got this problem after miscarriage of six month pregnancy which was unfortunate miscarriage. Before this she got two miscarriage first in the year 2010 at the third month of pregnancy it was ectopic second in the 2012 same at the third month but not ectopic and last in the year 2013. Her blood group is o positive. She has problem of epilepsy too for which she was under treatment before marriage and after marriage too she was taking valpro cr-200 under consultanty to Dr. Shashendra saxena- neurologist. All the report and test related to pregnancy are normal. Under any of the she is normal but whenever there is change in medicine she get epilepsy problem my and her age is 42 years we want a healthy baby I came to know about doon nursing home the it has both psychiatrist and gyno so I got some hope for getting both the treatment at same place which may be helpful by gods blessing and yours kind advice. At a time my wife is taking pyne-50 and colna-0.25 and during taking these medicine she is not having any problem as psychological or epilepsy. Now please give me yours kind advice about hope of of healthy pregnancy without any problem and treatment neuro or psychological problem.
My brother has been operated upon for a tumor on the right frontal lobe of the brain. The tumour has been classified as GradeIII glioblastoma. The tumour has been removed totally but with some cells might be there. IMRT with oral Chemo is going on from the last one week on regular basis. He looks fit and fine and with all the vital functioning normally. My question is when the side effect will be evident? He is 53 years of age and his physical condition is fit and fine and he has got no blood pressure or Diabetes. Is it correct that ins some case side effects are not evident? Will he be able to come out of this treatment.
I have acidity problems and migraine too. I get headache very fast. I started drinking aloevera gel mixed with little water. Will it help me in acidity?
Sleep apnea is a disorder which is characterized as interruptions in breathing when you are sleeping. These interruptions or pauses in breathing usually last for about 10 to 20 seconds and may be repeated over 100 times alongside the duration of your sleep. This condition leads to poor sleep resulting in drowsiness, fatigue and poor concentration throughout the day.
Sleep apnea can be classified as:
- Central sleep apnea: Central sleep apnea impairs the central nervous system wherein the brain fails to control muscles which regulate breathing while you sleep.
- Obstructive sleep apnea: This type of sleep apnea occurs when the soft tissues present in the back of the throat block the airway and thus resulting in loud snoring.
Signs and symptoms:
The various signs and symptoms of sleep apnea are
- Loud and chronic snoring during sleeping
- Interruptions in breathing
- Shortness of breath during sleep
- Fatigue during the day
- Choking and gasping during sleep
- Extreme irritability and drowsiness
- Experiencing headaches in the morning
- Impaired concentration and forgetfulness
- Chronic sore throat and dry mouth
The various risk factors for sleep apnea are:
- If you are overweight
- If you are male
- If you are over the age of 40
- If you have a large tongue and tonsils
- If someone in your family has sleep apnea
- Nasal obstruction due to sinus problems
There are certain prevention measures to control sleep apnea, they are:
- Limit smoking: Smoking may cause you to retain fluid in the throat which contributes to sleep apnea.
- Exercise: You should exercise regularly to keep off weight as being overweight increases the chances of getting affected by sleep apnea.
- Schedule your sleep: You should get enough sleep every day so that your body is refreshed and revitalized. Getting enough sleep, thus helps in preventing sleep apnea. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.