Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manoj Virmani
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Manoj VirmaniYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I was shocked to experience the symptoms of nasal polypHe is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. The entire Vaidya Ayurvedguru Pvt Ltd was spotlessly, clean. Over the period of time the nasal polyp treatment has helped me a lot. It was amazing, the Vaidya Ayurvedguru Pvt Ltdl was so nicely made. Thanks to him that the nasal polyp treatment he gave me has given brilliant results. By chance, I approached Manoj Virmani for second opinion and thank god, i did because, he treated me without any surgery and all.
I was having very bad thoughts regarding my hair on face.Thanks to Dr Manoj Virmani perfect advice. The overall atmosphere in the Vaidya Ayurvedguru Pvt Ltd is very soothing. I am really grateful as his hair on face treatment has give me a ray of hope. Vaidya Ayurvedguru Pvt Ltd had all the amenities, a patient requires. He is a very practical doctor. I was suffering from hair on face for such a long time. Manoj Virmani is well aware about innovative techniques to treat problems.
He is very patient with all his patients. It was amazing, the Vaidya Ayurvedguru Pvt Ltdl was so nicely made. I'am almost on the path to recovery, Thanks to my Manoj Virmani perfect advice. The symptoms were severe and unmanageable, as I was suffering from gastric problem, but my Manoj Virmani was able to handle it. I read about the Manoj Virmani on one of the social media platform.
I was shocked to experience the symptoms of psoriasis. The overall atmosphere in the Vaidya Ayurvedguru is very soothing. Dr Manoj doesn't just randomly prescribes medicines, but first properly diagnoses the problem. The overall outlook of the Vaidya Ayurvedguru was very nice. I am so happy with the results of my treatment, that I will surely recommend him to anyone gladly.
It has been quite some time that i was suffering from swelling. I thought it was something very normal, but then I realised the swelling is something else. Whatever tests Dr Manoj prescribed, were very correct and the gave they gave us an exact idea about my condition. He ensures that he gives enough time to each patient.
He is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. Overall psoriasis treatment was very effective. Never thought I will suffer from something psoriasis like this. Manoj Virmani has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes his reference. Even in case of emergency, the staff is always willing to help.
I was suffering from urinary infection and the problem was increasing day by day. But after consulting Dr Manoj, I am perfectly fine. He certainly knows the in and out of his speciality. His guidance has helped me immensely and has helped gain confidence.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Manoj Virmani to be very helpful, knowledgeable and helped me improve my health. Was very good
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Manoj Virmani to be very helpful and nurturing. Thanks
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Manoj Virmani to be knowledgeable. Helpful
Dr. Manoj Virmani provides answers that are very helpful. Thank u sir
Skin allergies causing dermatitis are very common and can be caused by allergic reactions to food substances like peanuts or eggs. However, it is more common when there is physical contact with some allergens, for example, nickel (used in belts and artificial jewellery; rubber in watch straps or wristbands). The person would usually develop an itch and rash, which could be localised or generalised.
Ayurveda believes in a two fold management of allergic dermatitis. While the first one is aimed at improved skin care routine, the second one is aimed at using natural remedies for managing dermatitis (rash and eczema).
- Avoid soap or use a mild soap, as it removes the acidic layers of the skin, which are essential for preventing infections.
- Use cold plain water in summer or take a warm bath during the winter season.
- Use a smooth, soft towel, and avoid rubbing.
- For dry skin, apply oil on your skin for an hour before taking bath. Alternately, add olive oil or neem oil to your bath water.
- Do not take frequent, long, or hot baths.
- Avoid stepping out during extreme weather.
- Keep away from blankets and woollens.
- Ensure your diet does not contain usual allergy-producing stuff like peanuts, eggs, milk, cheese, fish, etc.
- Avoid artificial jewellery, rubber footwear, fur, and synthetic fabrics which can increase the rash and eczema.
- Overall, get enough physical and mental rest, avoid taking the stress, and sleep well and eat well.
- Avoid scratching the affected skin.
- Preferably wear cotton and avoid wearing tight-fitting clothes.
In addition to the above overall skin care measures, the affected area needs to be given additional care and treatment to relieve the symptoms.
- With its soothing properties, honey is proven to be very effective in treating many skin conditions. It can be diluted with water and applied on the affected area.
- This provides relief from the itching, which is very common with blisters. This is especially useful in the area under the eyes.
- Crushing a cup of oatmeal and adding it to the bath water helps in cleansing the skin and removes the dead skin. It also provides relief against irritation, soothes the skin, and provides relief from the itching.
- The juice of the tender leaves of tephrossia purpurea (sarapunkha) and terminal catapa (jangali badam) can be applied to the affected skin, which provides great relief. Twice a day, after meals, tries panchanimbaadi choornam.
- A paste of sesame oil, juice of arka and turmeric can be applied on the affected part.
- Mix two teaspoonful of pancha tikta ghrita guggul in warm milk and have it on an empty stomach. This mixture is an effective remedy for eczema.
- Kadirarista mixed with water in equal proportions can be consumed twice daily after meals.
- The next time you are faced with allergic skin reactions, try these measures and see the benefits for yourself. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Headaches are one of the most common symptoms experienced by most people. While a headache is not a disease per se, it is a manifestation of some underlying disease and can affect the quality of life. The underlying cause could range from something as innocuous as a hunger headache to a slightly more severe one like migraines to underlying neurological and vascular conditions like temporal arteritis. Common forms including a sinus headache, tension headache, cluster headaches, and migraines.
Ayurveda believes that the body goes through disease if there is an imbalance in one of the key components of the body, Vata, pitta, and Kapha. Restoring the balance will take care of not just the symptom but restore overall body health. Relief, therefore, is longer lasting with Ayurvedic solutions. Depending on the type of a headache, the imbalance varies, and treatment would differ and is aimed at restoring the lost balance.
Massage: Using natural oils like peppermint oil, lavender oil, or castor oil to massage the forehead or the temples can produce great relief. This also causes improved circulation and nerve stimulation, leading to pain relief.
- Add substances that produce cold like khus khus, buttermilk, ghee, and coconut water. Try castol oil and shikakai for hair wash and see a headache vanish.
- A mixture of green tea with a lemon squeezed in is one of the quickest reliever for a headache.
- A paste or lemon rind that is applied externally on the forehead and temples also provides relief from a headache and a soothing effect for the affected individual.
- A paste of cinnamon mixed with any essential oil or plain water can also be applied on the forehead and/or temple region for relief from the pain.
- Watermelon juice with sugar reduces the heat produced by the body and relieves a headache.
- Crush some ginger, add it to water, and bring it to a boil. This contains a lot of oils from the ginger, which is very soothing for the stomach. This has pain relieving properties and helps in relieving headaches.
- A glass of warm water with honey in the morning on a daily basis takes care of chronic headaches. It is advisable to drink this on an empty stomach daily.
In addition to the above remedies to relieve the headache, the following measures should be followed for prevention and/or reducing the frequency of headaches.
- Diet: Eating right by avoiding headache-inducing substances like cheese, chocolates, eggs, etc. On the other hand, going hungry can lead to hunger headaches.
- Exercise: The neck, shoulders, and scalp should be eased frequently through regular exercise. This also improves blood flow, thereby reducing headaches.
Try these measures and see your headache disappear. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Ayurveda translates to study of life and is one of oldest medicine systems in the world. It works by treating the body as a whole system and gets to the problem. It believes that good health is a result of the balance between the 3 body elements Vata, pitta and kapha. The imbalance between these three cause disease and treatment should be aimed at restoring this balance.
Oils are one of the widely used Ayurvedic remedies, and there are multiple benefits of an Ayurvedic oil massage. Therapists would recommend this to be a daily routine for overall well-being. While pain relief is an obvious benefit, read on to know some of the lesser known benefits of an oil massage.
On a regular basis, there is stress and toxins that are accumulated in the body. A good massage dissolves these toxins and rejuvenates and recharges the body. The body and the mind are relaxed and soothed.
The physical motions of an oil massage improve circulation to all parts of the body. The overall sensation is improved.
- Internal organs are stimulated, thereby their efficiency is improved.
- The oil per se provides good lubrication for the joints, thereby, enabling smoother joint and bone movement
- The muscles are toned, and with the improved circulation and nerve ending stimulation, the muscles are toned
- The nerve endings are stimulated, and the nerves are calmed. This is responsible for the calming effect after a massage.
- The stimulated nerve endings also improve the mental alertness and increase the overall physical stamina of a person.
- The body’s ability to eliminate toxins is improved, thereby leaving behind a cleaner overall system (skin, kidneys, and intestines).
- A lot of waste and toxins are removed from the skin, thereby leaving the skin softer and smoother. The oils used also seep in through the skin, nourishing the underlying layers of the skin. This also contributes to the glowing, youthful appearance.
- The massage relaxes the body physically and mentally. The overall result is also a deeper, refreshing sleep pattern for the person.
- Massaging the naval area in a clockwise direction and foot massage may seem far connected to vision, but these are actually proven areas that affect vision. Massaging these areas is shown to be beneficial for vision.
- The lymphatic system is also revitalised by improving lymphatic drainage. Excess toxins from the body are removed, leaving the overall body in a healthy and recharged state.
- Regular massage removes free radicals from the body, thereby, reducing overall levels of general inflammation. This reduces ageing effects (both internally and externally). The result is a younger, rejuvenated appearance.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
The body is in a constant state of metabolism, which produces toxins or waste substances that need to be removed. Not removing them can affect the efficiency of the whole body system and result in various diseases.
Ayurveda believes that an individual’s well-being and overall health are the results of balance maintained between the three body fluids (pitta, Vata, and Kapha). Regular detoxification helps in restoring balance and thereby preventing diseases.
Read on to know some of the most effective detox methods from Ayurveda.
- Fasting: One of the best ways to clear the body of accumulated toxins is fasting. Fasting for shorter periods at regular intervals (like a chosen day of the week every week) is preferred. The overall benefits are reduced gas, fresher breath, mental clarity, overall well-being, and detoxification. You can choose to fast with only fruits, only water, only light foods, or complete fast depending on your body.
- Panchakarma massage: There are structured massage programs using essential oils and last for 4 days. There is a simple dietary regimen to be followed which washes the digestive system thoroughly and flushes out toxins through the colon.
- Detox programs: Ayurveda has detox programs of varying periods from daily to 4 days to 45 days. The salient features of these detox programs would be the same. There is a reference to ama which is the undigested residue from food that is present in the colon. During any of the detox program, the objective is to remove the ama, which is believed to be the causative factor for all digestive diseases.
- Eat at the same time every day, with complete attention on the food
- Do not fast or skip meals
- Eat only if you are hungry, after the previous meal has completely digested
- Do not eat to your full capacity
- When at your table, give 2 minutes before eating and 2 minutes after finishing the meal
- The lunch should be the main meal, with lighter meals at breakfast and dinner
- Eat warm, fresh, light vegetarian foods like roti, daal, whole grains, and vegetables.
- Sleep well, as your body requires more sleep during this process
- Hydrate yourself with warm water and/or teas to help flush out toxins
- Develop a regular light exercise regimen, which will improve digestion and eliminate wastes
- Try massage like Abhyanga followed by a warm shower
With these simple steps, see yourself detoxed and healthy with renewed vitality and energy. These are preferred to be done at the change of season to a colder one so that the body is rid of the toxins and fresh to take on the season. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
IBS or irritable bowel syndrome, also called irritable bowel, is a disorder that is striking many more people today than ever. It is basically a gastrointestinal motility disorder with no known cause. Not sure, if it has struck you too? Here are the common symptoms of this scourge. You have abdominal pain followed by severe bloating with abdominal cramps after eating. You also feel that your bowels are always full and you suffer from chronic diarrhea, constipation or a combination of both.
What is the treatment for IBS?
None or close to none, in allopathy. Doctors will give you medicines to manage symptoms and once the medicines are stopped, IBS strikes again. IBS is called ‘Grahani’ in Ayurveda which is the name given to the small intestine because of its property to store and metabolize food. In the small intestine, which sees a lot of agni or enzymatic activity, food is held for a long time till it is digested. But when agni is weak due to malfunctioning digestive enzymes, the small intestine releases food in an undigested form.
There are 4 different types of Grahani based on the type of dosha which is disturbed.
Ayurveda uses the principle of involvement of doshas to understand symptoms in different types of IBS and also provide a system of treatment specific to that particular dosha imbalance. Ayurvedic treatments encompass herbs, food and lifestyle changes.
- The concept of weak digestion or ‘Mand-agni ‘is also the key, as it leads to the accumulation of Ama , which causes IBS.
- When levels of ama are high, the doctor will treat it with fasting and by giving you digestives and carminatives. He will ask you to drink warm water.
- In constipation predominant IBS, the doctor will use digestives like chitrakadi vati and shankha vati to get rid of ama. He will also prescribe medicinal ghee preparations such as dashmuladi ghrita and thryushanadi ghrita.
- Emesis (vamana) is used to treat diarrhea-predominant IBS.
- The Ayurvedic treatment for dysentery predominant IBS is use of laxatives or virechana and use of herbs with spicy and sour tastes.
- Complex IBS is treated with the panchakarma, supported by digestives.
- Ayurveda relies a lot on buttermilk to treat IBS as it is digestive, astringent, and light to digest. It is usually given with herbs like asafetida, cumin, and rock-salt powder to control bowel movements. Buttermilk also contains a good amount of lactobacillus bacteria, which help to restore the normal flora of the GI tract.
Doctors will ask you to abstain from vata increasing foods like cabbage and beans, if you suffer from flatulence. Restriction of dairy and fruits like bananas may also be required. You will be asked to take a light diet and do away with cheese, non-veg and hard, cold foods. You will also be eating a lot of ginger, fennel and cumin that stimulate secretion of digestive enzymes for treating IBS. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
The prospect of healthy and voluminous hair is desired by one and all. Perhaps it is this unanimous wish for it that makes it extremely rare and infrequent. Ayurveda, with its advantage of natural remedies has proved to be extremely beneficial in making the hair healthy and lustrous. The various Ayurvedic medicines are:
- Bhringraj: The benefits of Bhringraj need little introduction. It not only facilitates growth of hair, but also prevents early graying. It comes in different forms, either as powder or in oil form, but in both forms, it is equally productive.
- Neem: Neem is extremely beneficial in treating maladies of the skin as well as the hair. It is commonly prescribed by doctors to treat various skin conditions like chicken pox and eczema. At the same time, it promotes growth of hair and significantly improves the health of your hair.
- Ritha: Ritha was always considered as the most natural alternative to shampoos. Contrary to shampoos that are available in the market, Ritha is mild and is bereft of the harmful chemicals present in the former.
- Shikakai: Shikakai has large amount of antioxidants as well as it is tremendously rich in vitamin C and D, making it the obvious choice for the hair. It not only adds a natural sheen to your hair but also reduces dandruff and detangles your hair.
- Ashwagandha: This is tremendously beneficial in rejuvenating hair. The benefit of this herb is twofold, it not only reduces the effect of the hormone cortisol that is detrimental to hair, but also facilitates the production of melanin.
- Brahmi: Brahmi not only provides nourishment to the hair, down to the roots, but also strengthens it. If it is regularly applied on the hair, it inevitably makes the hair lustrous and thick. At the same time, it cures the split ends and thereby prevents further damage. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
As indicated by Ayurveda, good digestion, solid “agni” (the metabolic flame), quality functioning of the liver and an adjusted endocrine framework result in strong immunity. Immunity of the human body is said to be associated to an entity called “ojas” which is believed to be the subtle and positive essence of “kapha” an aspect which provides the body with vigour, strength, immunity and vitality. The general notion is that stronger the Agni, healthier the “ojas”, although other factors play a major role too. Therefore, it becomes important to protect your “ojas”. Protection of 'ojas' is possible when you are able to live in the present with pure and complete awareness. A number of ways to promote “ojas” and thereby, develop your immunity are listed below:
- Diet: Agni is bolstered by a dietary routine that minimizes refined sugars, stimulants and processed foods. The focus must be shifted to consumption of whole and healthy foods while maintaining a proper schedule. Inclusion of garlic, ginger, black pepper, long pepper, cinnamon, asafoetida in the diet is advised as it destroys poisons and bad bacteria, kindles Agni, promotes normal body temperature maintenance and eliminates the extra kapha.
- Get adequate sleep: It is proven that sleep deprivation in humans can cause a total loss of the immune functions of the body. Thus it becomes mandatory to adopt a balanced sleeping schedule where the minimum duration to be regularly maintained is 8 hours.
- Exercise: Appropriate exercise discharges collected strain, moves stagnant emotional and mental energy, enhances circulation, encourages proper elimination, improves digestion, supports sound sleep and promotes relaxation in the body. All these contribute to a healthy maintenance of the immune system. Adversely, improper exercise can prove to be damaging.
- Meditation and yoga: The different types of Ayurvedic practices, each having a different set of benefits, are advised to be adapted so that you can sustain immunity. Some of these practices include yoga, pranayama, meditation, etc.
- Herbal support: Different types of herbs in the Ayurvedic tradition, each having an affinity for a certain type of tissue, are capable of supporting the immune system. The advisable herbal supports include chyavanprash, turmeric, ginger, Tulsi, Shatavatri, Ashwagandha, turmeric, tulsi, trifla, giloy, Bronchial Support Herbal Syrup, Immune Support tablets, etc.
- Regular detoxification: Regular detoxification (by Panchkarma procedures) of body as advised in Ayurveda , keeps basic body doshas ( Vats, pitta, kapha) in balance.
- Rejuvenation therapy- After detoxification certain ayurvedic drugs, herbs are given for a long duration for rejuvenation, longevity of life, immunity boosting. It also prevents and cure diseases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Ankylosing spondylitis (AS) is a type of arthritis that affects the spine. This chronic disease is caused due to inflammation of the joints in the spine and usually affects young men. It causes the vertebrae to grow or fuse together, causing a rigid spine. Actually, it affects the discs in between the vertebral column. These discs get swollen, causing a limitation of spine motility. It is an autoimmune disorder and its symptoms are lower back pain and stiffness, which usually moves to the legs.
- The deformity due to AS can be mild or severe. In extreme cases, the patient gets a stooped spine.
- Early diagnosis can prevent significant deformity as well as help in controlling the pain and stiffness.
- Allopathy doesn’t really know the real reasons for this disease and here is where Ayurveda scores.
- According to Ayurveda, AS is caused due to aggravated vata or wind, which causes an imbalance in vata dosha.
Ayurvedic treatment starts with detoxification and elimination of toxins. It relies heavily on the right diet and lifestyle as well as Ayurvedic herbal preparations. The panchakarma techniques called kati vasti, sarvangadhara and patrapinda svedana are very beneficial too. The basic explanation for the disorder is that AS occurs due to an accumulation of ama or toxins in the body. Where ever ama deposits in the body, pain is caused. Ayurvedic treatments aim at digesting the ama by using herbs as medicine and balancing the aggravated vata.
- Herbs used in the treatment of AS are dry ginger (saunth), guggul, turmeric, fenugreek, ashwagandha and giloy. Gugul, curcumin, amlaki, haritaki, and ashwagandha are all very effective in treating AS.
- Avoid getting constipated and ensure proper evacuation of bowels.
- Include ghee in your diet for lubrication and for lowering the vata dosha.
- Apply heat on the affected areas to control the pain and stiffness.
- Eat light foods and strictly avoid oily foods and curd which increase ama.
- Avoid sleeping during the daytime.
- Yoga asanas like pawana muktasana, bhujangasana, dhanurasana, paschimottanasana and vakrasana should be practised regularly.
- The practice of pranayamas such as and shodhana, chandrabhedi sheethali and bhramari also helps.
- Chewing 2–3 raw garlic buds on an empty stomach in the morning with water helps in alleviating lumbar pain in AS.
- Use a powdered preparation of dried ginger root, celery seeds and cumin seeds in equal quantities with rock salt for taste, and have one teaspoon of this mixture with warm water at bedtime to reduce flatulence as well as lumbar stiffness. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.