Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in karnal. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manoj Goyal
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Manoj GoyalYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Manoj Goyal provides answers that are very helpful. Thank you sir
Hello, I have something like like ringworm on my inner thighs. Which are very small and but very itchy. I have it near about 6 month. I have tried home remedies but it did not go. Please suggest the right treatment. I don't want to go to the doctor because its not on a pubic area. So please tell me the treatment.
Ashwagandha is one of the most powerful Ayurvedic herbs and is commonly known as the Indian ginseng. Ashwagandha can be loosely translated to mean the ‘strength of ten horses’. It can be used to treat a number of diseases, relieve stress and fatigue, helps heal injuries and may also be used as an aphrodisiac and can help prevent male infertility.
- Ashwagandha helps rejuvenate the body: This herb not only calms a person down, but also restores the balance of their body. Hence, it is also known as rayasana or a herb that rejuvenates. Ashwagandha stimulates the immune system and boosts the production of white blood cells thereby, elevating levels of antioxidants such as superoxide dismutase and glutathione peroxidase. The effects of this herb on a person’s nervous system and endocrine system can also harmonise the body, mind and spirit.
- It increases positivity: Stress and anxiety can lead to negative thinking and ultimately to depression. By fighting stress Ashwagandha helps negate these problems and instead boosts positive thinking. It may also be used to treat depression itself.
- It helps regenerate nerve cells: Along with diseases such as asthmatic bronchitis, emphysema and gynaecological disorders, Ashwagandha can also be used to treat neuro-degenerative diseases such as Parkinson’s disease or Alzheimer’s. It helps regenerate nerve cells and dendrite growth and even improves communication between nerve cells. This stimulates the body’s ability to heal any damage to the nervous system.
- It enhances memory and treats insomnia: Ashwagandha is one of the best Ayurvedic remedies to treat insomnia. It not only helps you fall asleep faster but can also improve your sleep quality. A restful sleep increases a person’s ability to concentrate and prevents drowsiness through the day. Ashwagandha also increases the levels of acetylcholine in the brain. This has a direct effect on boosting memory and elevating brain functioning and intelligence. Ashwagandha also increases the production of nitric oxide that helps regulate blood flow and blood pressure thus elevating the brain’s oxygen levels.
- It boosts libido: Ashwagandha helps optimise the functioning of the thyroid and adrenal glands and helps deal with both hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism. Similarly, this Ayurvedic herb also benefits the adrenal glands and thus influences the overall mental and physical health of a person. The functioning of the thyroid and adrenal glands have a direct effect on a person’s sexual health and libido. Thus by enhancing the functioning of these glands, Ashwagandha improves sexual health and boosts libido. The nitric oxide produced by Ashwagandha also helps improve fertility.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am getting nightfall once per 20 days. In between these days I never masturbate. Is it safe or am I in pblm?
Back pain can severely affect the quality of life. Ayurvedic treatment is considered to be one of the most effective treatments for back pain and sciatica. Multiple reasons can cause lower back pain. Lifestyle-related reasons, an injury, incorrect posture, smoking, and sedentary lifestyle are some of the most common causes of back pain. With the help of Ayurveda, back pain can actually be relieved and the conditions causing pain the back can be reversed. The following sections help how Ayurveda can actually help with back pain.
- Abhayangam or full body massage: Full body massage, from head to toe, can be conducted using different Ayurvedic oils to relieve back pain. This is done to soothe any tension in the muscles and to lubricate the joints. It also helps improve the flow of blood to all vital organs of the body. Through this approach, the nerve endings are channelized, which is an approach to alleviate pain caused by sciatica.
- Kati Basti: This is a treatment method that is specific to Ayurveda. Kati means lower back and Basti means to hold. A pasta or whole wheat flour or black gram is prepared. A well of herbal oils in warm condition is created in the lower back by using the flour or paste to make a wall. If your back pain is because of spondylitis, sciatica, or lumbago, this treatment does wonders.
- Sneha Basti: For rheumatism, gout, and lower back pain, Sneha Basti treatment is administered. It is a type of body detoxification therapy in which an enema of medicated oils is given. This clears all the vital systems in the body off the toxins that may have accumulated.
- Kashaya Basti: This is an enema of medicated decoction. This again is effective in treating lower back pain.
Apart from these treatment methods, Ayurveda suggests a few lifestyle changes to relieve back pain. Some of these include the following:
- Stay away from cold: Cool temperatures can increase back pain. If you must travel in cold, ensure that you cover yourself with warm clothing. This offers comfort and can also prevent pain that is caused due to extreme cold.
- Don’t take pungent spices: The body is left dry and dehydrated when you take a lot of pungent spices such as green and red chilies. Dryness is a characteristic associated with the Vata dosha. When dehydrating substances are consumed, the condition is worsened. This also leads to constipation, which is an important reason for aggravated lower back pain.
- Eat fresh and warm foods: Cold food and drinks can aggravate the Vatta dosha. Congestion may result because of excessive consumption of cold foods. The human body needs warmth to eliminate wastes. When congestion is aggravated because of cold foods, it can also lead to constipation. This again causes back pain.
- Use oil: Your body needs lubrication. Back pain is heightened when the body is stressed or overworked. Both these scenarios dehydrate the body. When dehydrated, the chances of losing lubricants are high. Therefore, apply oil all over the body and take a bath in warm water at least once a week. If you don’t find time for this, apply oil only to the lower back and the joints that are painful.
- Try pranayama: Breathing with alternative nostrils is recommended by Ayurveda. This helps in balancing Vata. This has proven to be beneficial for people suffering from arthritis, spondylitis, and sciatica.
- Consume helpful foods: Take foods that are easy to digest. Do not take oily and stale food items. You should include turmeric, valerian, hops, passion flower, and chamomile in every possible way in your diet to alleviate back pain. They reduce inflammation and mental tension.
The temporary inability to move one’s own limbs or speak is known as paralysis. Paralysis is triggered by problems with the body’s nervous system and affects the functioning of muscles all over the body. This condition can affect a single limb, the right or left side of the body, or the complete body. A paralytic attack is often caused by a stroke or damage in the nervous system. It can also be caused by exposure to radiation or toxins, autoimmune diseases, tumours and spinal cord trauma. Recovery from a paralytic attack depends on the causes and the extent of the injury that triggered it. With some types of paralysis, partial or even complete, recovery is possible.
Ayurveda is an alternative system of medicine that can be quite effective when it comes to treating paralysis. Ayurveda has negligible side effects and hence can be used to treat adults and children alike. This system of medication does not look only at the physical symptoms but also the mental and spiritual well-being of the patient as well. Some ways to treat paralysis with Ayurveda are as follows:
- Vata-pacifying diet: Eat light meals that are easily digestible and pick warm foods over cold food. Avoid barley, rye and millet and include plenty of vegetables like asparagus, beets, okra and carrots in your diet. Also avoid bitter and pungent flavours, but pick food that is sweet, sour or salty to balance the body’s vata.
- Ayurvedic massage: Warm herbal oils are sued for Ayurvedic massages. These oils and the action of massaging them into the skin have a number of health benefits associated with it, including the treatment of paralytic attacks. Some Ayurvedic massages that could be beneficial to paralysed patients are abhyanga Ayurvedic massages, padabhyanga and pizhichil.
- Medication: Along with lifestyle changes, Ayurvedic medication also plays a role in the treatment of paralysis. Some popular Ayurvedic remedies for paralysis are rasnadi quath, medicated castor oil, pippali mula, vatavidhwamsana rasa, chopcheeni churna, ashwagandha churna, brihat vatachintamani rasa, ashwagandha churna and rasaraja. While some of these medicines are to be taken orally, others may need to be administered through the nostrils as part of nasyam Ayurvedic treatments and others via an enema as part of sneha vasti. Drinking 20–40 ml of radish oil twice a day and a mixture of black pepper powder, sunti and honey is also said to be beneficial in treating paralysis. However, one must keep in mind that recovery from paralysis is very slow and hence patience is a must.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
In Ayurveda, all natural ingredients are used for detoxification. Ayurveda works wonders in cleansing the blood by removing impurities and toxins, accumulated in various organs of the body such as the liver, intestines, kidneys, lymphatic system, lungs and skin. It is equally effective in case of both healthy and unhealthy individuals. While the unhealthy person gets rid of the chronic diseases, the healthy person becomes fit enough to prevent diseases and stay physically and mentally fit.
- Panchakarma: Panchakarma is Ayurveda's primary purification and detoxification treatment. Panchakarma means "five therapies". These 5 therapeutic treatments eliminate toxins from the body, they are: Vamana, Virechana, Basti, Shirodhara, and Nasya. The series of these five therapies help remove deep rooted stress and illness-causing toxins from the body while balancing the doshas (energies that govern all biological functions).
- Vamana: Vaman (Therapeutic Emesis): Therapeutic emesis is administered in patients suffering from derranged Kapha accumulated in Respiratory tract, Sinuses, Bronchial asthma, Psoriasis, Chronic Allergies, Obesity, Chronic Indigestion, Hyperacidity, Nasal Congestion and other skin disorders. Patient is advised to drink decoction of liquorice, or Acorus calamus root, or sugarcane juice – as per his body constitution and ailment he is suffering from – to the full extent and emesis is induced. Minimum 4-6 bouts of vomit indicates excellent purification.
- Virechana: Virechan (Therapeutic Purgation): Virechan is given to patients suffering from Virechan (Therapeutic Purgation) : Virechan is given to patients suffering from Pitta dosha related diseases. It cleanses the GastroIntestinal tract thoroughly and voids off the Pitta toxins accumulated in the liver, gall bladder and small intestine. Purgation is given with medicines like Cows milk, Black currants, castor oil, etc.It is a safe procedure without side effects. Virechana helps to cure Chronic Fever, Diabetes, Asthma, Skin disorders such as Herpes, Paraplegia, Hemiplegia, Joint disorders, Digestive disorders, Constipation, Hyperacidity, Vitiligo, Psoriasis, Headaches, Elephantiasis and Gynecological disorders.
- Basti (Enema or Colonic Irrigation): The term 'Basti' stands for a pouch or bag. The procedure involves introducing ayurvedic liquid and herbal concoctions made of oils and milk through the perineum or anus or the vaginal opening in women in order to cleanse and heal the lower part of the body and remove the toxins accumulated in this part through the colon and urinary tract. Basti is considered as the mother of all Panchakarma treatments. It cleanses the accumulated toxins from all the 3 doshas : Vata, Pitta and Kapha, through the colon. Basti is also highly beneficial as a rejuvenating treatment. Medicated oil or ghee and an herbal decoction is given as enema to clean the colon and increase the muscle tone. This treatment is provided for several days, based on the medical condition of a person. It provides treatment for: For Hemiplegia, Paraplegia, Colitis, Convalescence, Cervical Spondylosis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Constipation, Digestive disorders, Backache & Sciatica, Hepatomegaly & Splenomegaly, Obesity, Piles, Sexual Debility & Infertility. It is always better to practice these under the advice of an expert ayurveda practitioner.
- Shirodhara: In this therapy, warm medicated oil is continuously poured on your forehead for about 30 to 45 minutes followed by a 15 to 20 minutes Abhyanga massage. Depending on your body type, milk, oil, buttermilk or herbal decoctions are used to boost up the therapeutic effect of the treatment. It provides deep relaxation to your central nervous system and rejuvenates it. Shirodhara oil regulates the functioning of your hormonal system too, eliminating ailments such as high blood pressure, migraine, anxiety and headaches. Medicated buttermilk massage treatment helps treat diabetes while medicated milk serves as a good remedy to insomnia as well.
- Nasya: Nasya or nasal administration is a procedure of cleaning the accumulated Kapha from the head and neck region. At first, the face, head and chest are massaged thoroughly using certain herbal oil which promotes perspiration. The excess mucus accumulated in the throat, sinus and head is drained out through the nearest opening- the nose. This treatment helps in treating sinusitis, headaches, migraine, Rhinitis, facial palsy, paralysis, insomnia, frozen shoulder and neurological dysfunctions. It is also effective in improving eyesight and memory.
Kapha is responsible for governing all body functions related to lubrication. Some of the typical body functions that Kapha has a direct impact upon includes lubrication of lungs and joints, body weight, growth, and formation of the seven tissues- fat, bone marrow, nutritive fluid, reproductive tissues and fat. There could be several symptoms indicating an imbalance of Kapha in the system.
Some of them include the following:
- Mind: An increased Kapha of the mind is characterised by symptoms, such as a feeling of lethargy, drowsiness, and sluggishness, excessive sleep, feeling of depression and melancholy, laziness and brain fog. An accumulation of Kapha in the mind can lead to severe depression, withdrawal symptoms, diabetic coma and frequent loss of consciousness.
- Digestive tract: Kapha can wreak havoc on the digestive tract. Some early signs of Kapha accumulation in the digestive tract include a heavy feeling in the stomach, indigestion, excess salivation, poor appetite, nausea, slow metabolism etc. As a result of excess Kapha, the stool can be sticky, pale, heavy and oily. This can lead to diabetes and mucoid diarrhea. If not treated early excess Kapha can lead to hyperglycemia, anorexia nervosa, and blood in the stool.
- Kapha accumulation in skin, adipose tissue, muscles and circulatory system: An accumulation of Kapha in other parts of the body can lead to hypertension, itching, lipoma formation, cold sweat, swollen lymph, pallor, low strength of the body, itching etc. In the case of long standing Kapha accumulation some serious aggravation from the present condition can lead to obesity, thrombosis, leukaemia, malignant tumours, edema, high cholesterol, blood stagnation, hypertrophy, heart failure etc.
- Kapha in respiratory system: Kapha in the respiratory tract can lead to coughs, hay fever, sinuses, nasal crust, chest pain, runny nose, excess mucus and frequent cold. If the existing condition becomes serious and treatment is not done on time, some serious complications can lead to cystic fibrosis, sinus infections, excess phlegm in the throat, chronic sinus etc.
- Other parts of the body: If Kapha accumulates in other parts of the body it can lead to symptoms such as excess urination, low libido, premature ejaculation, heavy testicles, swelling of the joints, dental tartar, sex desire, fibrocystic lumps, goiter, enlarged spleen, gallstones, endometriosis, cystic ovary, lordosis, protruded eyes, heavy feeling of the eye, prostate enlargement, white urine, neurofibromas, hydrocephalus, gangrene , prolonged menstrual cycle osteoma, kyphosis, prostatic calculi, bone spurs etc.
- Food to avoid Kapha symptoms: Some foods that need to be avoided include carbonated drinks, oily food, chilled food, deep fried snacks, red meat, foods which are heavy to digest, milk especially buffalo milk, sweets, Ghee, fruits like Banana, Mango etc. excess salt and sour, all forms of alcohol except red wine, the latter can be consumed no more than once in a week.