Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Karnal. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Manju GuptaYour feedback matters!
Smoking May Harm DNA Of Sperm
Smoking damages the DNA of sperm and affects fertility. Researchers have studied 422 proteins in participants sperm. One protein was absent, 27 proteins are underrepresented and 6 proteins are over-represented.
Hello Dr. I am 31 yr. married man. Its more than than 3 yrs. I got married. Now I want family planning. My question is what is the date to try for intercourse for getting a woman pregnant? Should I try repeatedly? If yes, how is the chance of having twins by doing so? If pregnancy occurs, on which day I can try pregnancy test through kit?
Sir/Mam, what could be reason for the pain in my breast. I am feeling pain from yesterday. Even this similar pain I was feeling after I was with my bf 1st 3 months back. I am having my regular periods. Even there is one more problem that I am loosing my hair too much these days. My exam are there because of that and after this my pain in my breast. What should I do. My situation is terrible. I have to work hard for my exams but I am not able to give my best due to this. Plzz tell me some remedy for this problem.
I am 4 months pregnant. Is it necessary for me to include milk in my diet? Are there any substitutes for the same?
I had my hysterectomy done last year. And last month a small lesion was removed from my left breast near my nipple which was benign. Since last 4 to 5 days iam having a dull ache in my breasts and my nipples are tender and painful. Pain is not too much but annoying. I was on a medication simrose capsules which has been discontinued. It is not my menstrual cycle time but now is my ovulation. Please help.
Prostatitis is only one of several causes of sexual pain in men. If you are experiencing sexual pain, which can include pain in the penis, testis, or pelvis area that occurs during sex, while ejaculating, or after sex, it could stem from a variety of causes.
Sex is supposed to feel good, so it can be particularly worrisome and stressful when it hurts, and it can affect your intimate relationships. The causes of sexual pain can be medical, structural, or psychological. Here’s a look at six causes of sexual pain, also known as dyspareunia:
- Actue Bacterial Prostatitis
- Acute Prostatits
- Alcock Syndrome
- Neurogenic Bladder
I have a 2 month baby girl, she born on 9 july by c-section, this is my second delivery after 7 years. Want to know when my menses periods are not start. I want to know when it will start. I want to start taking contraceptive pills.
Mera 6th month h pregnancy ka mere husband apna regular sex continue rakhna chahte h hum kab tak kr sakte h delivery tak ya usse pahle band krna hoga usse baby ko koi nuksan to nahi hoga.
How to lose weight Post-pregnancy
Hi friends! This is Neha Chandna Ranglani, a dietitian and nutrition educator practicing in Khar Mumbai since eight years. Today I am going to talk about post pregnancy weight loss and I am sure this is the most important thing for a new mother. Being a mother itself is an overwhelming feeling and there can be no more joyous feeling than giving birth to a new life on earth. But due to so much of physical emotional and mental changes that a mother goes through there is one question which always keeps popping in her mind and that is, "how am I going to get back to my pre pregnancy body?". We need to keep one thing in mind that this is a very crucial period for you and your baby, you have not put on that weight overnight so you cannot lose it overnight. It’s a process and you have to follow a proper procedure to do that and you atleast need to give yourself a six week time to get used to the new routine before stepping into the whole new weight loss program or doing anything drastic that can help you to lose weight. The best way to lose weight is at the rate of half a kg per week. So let’s see how you can lose this weight slowly and gradually without affecting your health too much and here are the following ways with which you can do that.
1. Breast feeding- So it is very important to breastfeed your child, not only to lose weight but also to form a very good emotional bonding with the new baby and breastfeeding is the best exercise to burn away calories and all the extra fat that you have put on so make sure you don't stop breastfeeding till at least one year and keep feeding your baby so that you lose and burn all the extra calories that you have accumulated during your pregnancy.
2. To eat eat eat- Yes it is very important for you to eat properly and not starve yourself. Now mothers kind of starve after pregnancy thinking that they will lose weight with starving because they are so scared of putting on more weight, but let me tell you that when you starve you actually lose your muscle mass and lots of muscle mass can reduce your metabolism which can again lead to weight gain, so please don’t starve. Starving can also make you more hungry towards your next meal and you tend to eat more in your next meal and all the excess food will then go and stored as fat so the best idea is to eat and not to yourself.
So now what you are supposed to eat? You need to start your day with a good breakfast which is going to boost up your metabolism. Especially with fruits. Fruits are awesome, they are filled with natural sugars and they fill up your liver glycogen stores so you have the energy to take care of your baby and deal with all the new things that you have to do. So make sure you include a lot of fruits in your diet. Then the next thing you need to include is good fats which come from coconut oil, nuts, coconuts, and seeds. So these are the good fats which have a lot of Omega-3 Vitamin E in them and you find, which help you to deal with all the trauma that your body has gone through, recover your hormones back and aid in weight loss. Now Omega 3 is again very important for your child’s brain development so you need to make sure you include a lot of Omega 3 rich fruits in your diet so that your baby becomes smart and intelligent.
Then you need to include a lot of fiber rich foods in your diet which includes salads, green leafy vegetables and whole grains like oats, brown rice, ragi, jowar. All these things are so rich in fiber that they keep you full for a longer time and you actually don’t get your hands on all the crap lying around you, so you need to make sure that your fiber intake is high, fiber also helps you to clear your bowels well which is a very important thing especially post pregnancy when women are facing constipation, fiber is the key ingredient for you to clean your stomach and you get your system rolling well. And it also helps you to keep your sugar level in control, so you don't feel hungry at odd hours and there are lesser chances of diabetes, so you need to make sure you up your fiber intake.
Then you need to include good protein food sources in your diet like eggs, nut milks, nuts, seeds, and you can also add some steamed sprouts or pulses which you can digest easily like Moong Dal or Masoor Dal which are easy on the stomach and do not give you gas or bloating because protein is again very important for the wear and tear and all the trauma that your body has gone through to help you repair all of that, so make sure you add your protein sources in your diet. Next is add some galactagogue in your diet, which means foods which help you to increase your milk production, like Jeera, Saunf, Methi seeds, alfalfa seeds. Now as your milk production increases you also lose weight indirectly. So these foods will help you to feed your baby better and lose weight faster.
Make sure you do not have very high salty or sugary foods because they can cause a lot of water retention and fat accumulation in your body. Make sure you remove all the high salty or sugary foods from your diet because they can cause a lot of water retention and fat accumulation in your body. Keep your processed food intake minimal, that is food which come in packs, tins or cans, just avoid them or omit them completely because they have a lot of artificial preservatives which can get into the milk and to your baby which we don’t want. So keep all these things out and focus more on live and natural foods because they are easy to digest and they give you the maximum nourishment. Last but not the least, since you are feeding your baby there is a lot of dehydration that can happen so you need to keep drinking water continuously and make sure you are hydrating yourself well. So every half an hour drink 100 to 150 to 200 ml water depending on your thirst, keep sipping water regularly and don't miss out on drinking water to keep you hydrated and to keep your metabolism going on and help you in losing more fat.
3. You need to get active- So exercise and ideal diet go hand in hand to help you shed all the extra weight. So you can start exercising six weeks after normal delivery and eight weeks after cesarean delivery. 10 to 20 minutes of any activity that you like, like walking, jogging, swimming, body conditioning. And do something under a trainer's supervision and then slowly and gradually increase it to 30 to 45 minutes and then to an hour a day. Now this can really help you lose your post pregnancy depression and improve your blood circulation and metabolism which will definitely help you to lose that extra weight lying around you.
4. Make sure you keep your stress level under control- Now this can be quite difficult because with all the new routine and all the new chores that you have to do with your baby it might be quite intimidating for you to get adjusted to the new surroundings and to the new life that you have to take care of. It could be quite stressful, depressing, sometimes it could be quite overwhelming, but you need to make sure you don’t let the stress get better and get over and above your mental state, because when you are more stressful the body starts storing more fat than losing fat. So you need to find out ways where you can control your stress, that could be through breathing, so do 10 to 20 minutes of some yoga or breathing exercises every day. Think positive. Yeah it is very important to control your thoughts. Negative thoughts are very easy to ponder on but it's very difficult to think positive and to maintain that. So make it as an exercise to keep thinking positive and to love yourself, because what a new mother does is only take care of her baby and forgets herself. You need to love yourself, take care of yourself as well so that the body really feels happy raises happy hormones and helps you to lose that weight.
For more information you can contact me through Lybrate.com and I can answer all your questions and whatever queries you have you can drop in there in my profile. Thank you.
In the present day and age, everyone’s always in a hurry. This has increased the tendency of multitasking in most people, whether it’s at their workplace, at home or while eating.
Studies have indicated that completing a single task at a time scores over multitasking and the latter even has some scary after-effects. It’s been proven that multitasking can have a huge negative influence on your brain as well as your career. Read on to find out the three ways in which multitasking is actually doing you more harm than good.
1. Your IQ level is lowered due to multitasking
Studies have revealed that multitasking can slow down your responses and even lower your IQ. A study conducted by the University of London observed a group of adults who were regularly asked to multitask. The results showed a considerable decline in the IQ level of the participants and the effects of multitasking were equated with those experienced after smoking marijuana or remaining awake all night. It was also observed that the IQ drop among some of the men resulted in them achieving IQ scores that match that of an 8-year-old child.
2. Multitasking can harm your brain
A research conducted by the University of Sussex, UK, proved that multitasking can lower your brain density in the anterior cingulate cortex (the area responsible for your emotional and cognitive control). This study analysed the MRI scans of the brains of the participants while they were multitasking (like working with multiple electronic devices). In conclusion, the researchers found out that the processes going on in the human body while interacting with multiple devices at once affect the brain’s natural structure negatively, thus hampering your ability to make wise decisions.
3. Multitasking worsens your performance at work
Studies reveal that multitasking exposes your brain to multiple streams of electronic information at once, which drastically interferes with your capacities of paying attention and remembering details.
Organizing thoughts in a proper manner also becomes difficult for people who multitask. They often fail to differentiate between relevant and irrelevant data, and show slow responses when asked to switch from one task to another. Your brain has been designed to handle and focus on only one task as a time, so if you multitask it cannot perform the multiple tasks with the same efficiency and speed. As a result, the quality of work reduces and your productivity decreases to a large extent if this continues for a long time. Moreover, multitasking can have a negative impact on your overall performance at your workplace, which can adversely impact your career in the long run.
So, if you find yourself multitasking often due to lack of time or work pressure, don’t let it turn into a regular habit. This will not only keep the quality of your work intact, but will also save you from potential brain damage.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.