Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Rotator Cuff Injury Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Nadi Pariksha Treatment
Scar Revision Surgery
Scar Revision Surgery
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Kerala Massage Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Pathya AyurvedaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Ritesh Mahajan provides answers that are practical, knowledgeable, inspiring and helped me improve my health. I don't is there any "Panchakarma" center is available or not near to my house... kolkata ... and if u kindly tell me about the fees of 8 day session of 'Vasthikarma'..! Really thankful to you...
Dr. Ritesh Mahajan provides answers that are very helpful. Happy with the suggestion, but don't know any ayurvedicici Dr in south kolkata. Can you suggest.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Ritesh Mahajan to be very helpful. Thank you so much
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Ritesh Mahajan to be professional. Thank you
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Ritesh Mahajan to be very helpful. Nice
Dr. Ritesh Mahajan provides answers that are knowledgeable. helpful
I am 22 and losing my hair quickly. I am also suffering from dry scalp and dry skin. Please suggest me hair oil and face wash easily available in market.
I am 25 years old male, 5'8" height and 62 kg weight. According to BMI my weight is intermediate but I need to gain more weight and want to grow more muscle in my body as I am going to gym. I want a proper diet (PURE VEGETARIAN NO eggs. Please suggest me some proper diet chart so that I can gain more muscle and more weight.
Hi doctor, my age is 25 years I am married, I am salaried employer. My problem is I am unable take food comfortably it means, I am very slim I want to build my body, I want become fat present my weight is 48 kgs height 5'6 feet I am doing rotational shifts, evening 6 to morning 3 another shift timing is 9 am to 6 pm 3 months rotational, I am active in sexual life also, I am looking actively, but every time I am facing some problem in my body, stomach is always heavy if before take food also, digestion problem I am loosening my weight, I concealed local doctor here he suggest so many tests finally he said you don't have any problem your normal then why I am unable to take more food, I am not feeling hungry every time, and I am suffering from migraine headache, but now it is control, please suggest me doctor what happened to me how could I put up my weight, what is diet I should follow, and I am unable adjust my timing also, please please please suggest doctor. Please help me.
I have facial hairs .but don't have pcod or pcos. All the results are negative. Acne n hairs make me feel low. Need help.
For a disease that affects almost eighty percent of people over 50 years of age, not much is known about curing joint pains. Allopathic medicine remains almost clueless about a complete cure for joint pains which occur due to various reasons like heredity and lifestyle. It treats the pain with pain killers, inflammation reducers and other such drugs which do not heal the joint completely and lead to other problems too.
Ayurveda and Joint Pain
Ayurveda has its own unique perspective on joint problems. According to it, these occur due to:
- Poorly-nourished joints
- Low bone density and overall weakness in joints
The main symptom of poorly nourished joints is discomfort followed by a crackling sound. In this, the bone making up the joint can degenerate due to lack of proper nutrition. Low bone density joints usually occur due to a toxic overload in the joints called ‘ama’ in Ayurveda. Ama is the sticky, toxic waste product of incomplete digestion and this accumulates in joints making them stiff and heavy. Ama accumulation for long can make a joint swollen and painful. Damp, cold weather can aggravate this type of joint problem. If ‘vata’ the Ayurvedic dosha associated with movements and proper functioning of metabolism and assimilation is aggravated, it can cause joint pain too.
The imbalance in Vyana Vata, a special form of vata associated with bone damage along with weakened circulation, metabolism and absorption creates an imbalance in ‘kapha’ the other major dosha in the body, according to Ayurveda. ‘Shleshaka’ Kapha, the sub-dosha of Kapha that controls lubrication of joints dries up. This makes the un-lubricated joints very vulnerable and one starts getting pain.
The first line of treatment for joint pains is pacifying the Vata dosha through food and lifestyle modifications like:
- Include all six tastes -sweet, sour, salty, bitter, astringent, and pungent- in the diet. However, sweet, sour and salty tastes are very good to pacify Vata dosha.
- Eat less of bitter, astringent and pungent foods.
- Eat more grains like quinoa, rye and amaranth, cooked in ghee.
- Freshly-cooked organic vegetables and warm liquid soups are best.
- Eat a diet rich in calcium- milk, spinach, kale, asparagus, and root vegetables.
- A Vata pacifying daily routine like eating before 8 pm in the night and keeping dinner light and sleeping early are also advised.
If possible get a daily Ayurvedic oil massage ‘abhyanga’ with special medicated oils to prevent joint problems. Regular habits help settle Vata. So, it’s suggested that one goes to bed at the same time each day, gets up at the same time and follows a regular routine for pacifying Vata. Getting stress under control though meditation and pranayama also does wonders.
I am losing hair quickly and have tried all shampoos but no effect yet. I am not sure what else can I do. Can you please help me with this?
I am a 58 years old female. I take about 750 ml of curd a day. Is it necessary to take calcium supplements? I heard calcium supplements are not good for heart health. I have high BP and other heart issues (HCM).
Whenever my body temperature rises. Even a slight increase in temperature leads to crazy itching all over my body (needle itching) After a little scratching that portion becomes red. Situations when I suffer this itching problem- 1. Exposure to Sunlight in winters 2. Whenever I feel Nervousness, Anxiety and anger 3. Eating spicy hot food (itching on scalp) 4. When my body heats up due to physical workout besides even making a little scratch on my body I think I have cholinergic urticaria disease what should I do.
Vitiligo is a medical condition, which causes the loss of skin color due to loss of pigmentation. This usually occurs in blotches and looks very unsightly. Vitiligo is very unpredictable and can affect any part of your body. In some cases it also affects the inside of the mouth, eyes, and hair. Vitiligo is more noticeable on people with darker skin tone.
Symptoms of Vitiligo:
- Premature graying or whitening of the hair in your eyebrows, eyelashes, scalp, and beard. This usually occurs before the age of 35.
- Skin discoloration can also occur from other parts of the body such as hands, feet, abdomen, neck and other areas.
- Change or loss of the color of the retina (inner layer on the eyeball).
- Discolored patches on and around the navel, rectum and genitals.
What causes vitiligo?
A medical disorder where your immune system destroys and attacks the melanin forming pigments in your skin. This is known as an autoimmune disorder and by far is the most common cause behind vitiligo. An event such as sudden or prolonged stress, sunburn, or being exposed to industrial chemicals. A history of family members or relatives having vitiligo in the past.
Ayurvedic Treatments for Vitiligo:
- Mustard and Turmeric Oil: A paste made with mustard and turmeric oil can be applied on the affected area. This is also good for the skin and reduces vitiligo. Do this at least 2 times a day to reduce the patches considerably.
- Duckweed: This is a type of water plant and is very rich in a mineral called lignin. It is considered a natural treatment for skin disorders and vitiligo. It will also help to restore your natural skin color.
- Sun screen: If you already have vitiligo, exposure in the sun can make it worse, so applying a sunscreen with SPF 30 or above (or an appropriate level of sunscreen protection) can protect your skin from further damage.
- Papaya: This fruit is great for restoring and reviving melanin (responsible for skin pigmentation). Drinking papaya juice or rubbing papaya on the affected area can reduce vitiligo to some extent. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.