Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Rotator Cuff Injury Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Nadi Pariksha Treatment
Scar Revision Surgery
Scar Revision Surgery
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Kerala Massage Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Jeevan Jyoti Ayurvedic Research Panchkarma Institute & Slimming CentreYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Seasonal allergies are usually characterized by sneezing, coughing and other allergic reactions. Also known as hay fever and allergic rhinitis, the condition tends to appear only during certain seasons of the year. The disease is triggered by changes in the weather and exposure to certain allergens like dust. The allergens cause the body to release histamine into the blood thus, resulting in symptoms of allergy.
The symptoms of seasonal allergy are:
- Congestion in the nose
- You may experience a blocked and runny nose
- You may have an itchy nose
Ayurveda is a holistic method of treatment that focuses on improving your overall well-being. The various Ayurvedic remedies for treating seasonal allergies are:
- Restrict Dairy Intake: You need to cut dairy out of your diet as dairy products have all the characteristics of a cold food. They tend to create imbalance in the “kapha” dosha in the body, thus leading to various diseases.
- Ayurvedic Detox: Consider doing an Ayurvedic detoxification to cleanse the body of the various toxins. It helps in smoothing out the “dosha” balance and hence improves your overall well-being.
- Nasya: This process requires you to put drops of medicated oils inside your nostrils. This lubricates the nasal cavity and prevents the allergens from causing an allergic reaction in the body.
- Eat More Warm Foods: Try to eat warm and cooked foods as much as possible. Eating frozen foods is not recommended as the nutrients from the food may not be absorbed properly owing to a weak digestive system which may be the result of a bout of severe seasonal allergies. Include foods such as soups and porridge and you have a perfect dish to gorge on.
- Exercise on a Regular Basis: Make sure you exercise on a regular basis to improve your fitness levels and also to keep a check on your weight. Certain “yoga” poses such as the downward dog and the cobra help to improve the digestive process. Add cardio workouts such as running and swimming to improve the health of the lungs.
- Add Spices: Add spices to your cooking such as turmeric or garlic as they help in rejuvenating the respiratory system. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
My hairs become thin and getting baldness, how should I take care of this ,there is regrowth treatment for it.
Neurological disorders may creep in due to many reasons. It may be due to degenerative diseases, accidents, other health conditions, birth defects or genetics. The most common form of disorder occurs due to non-functional brain cells in some parts, and loss of myelin sheath in neurons, which protects the nerve signals in their complete transfer from origin to destination. These losses are irreparable, but further degeneration can be avoided with Ayurveda. Panchakarma, the branch of Ayurveda, which deals with detoxification of the body and mind, specially helps. Over a period of time, it can bring back the lost sensation in nerves. Yoga, pranayama and Ayurvedic treatments lead to recovery and relief to a huge extent.
Important facts about Panchakarma
There are 3 important steps in Panchakarma, which are followed one after another to get the result. The main objective of Panchakarma is to detoxify the body. Virechanam, vamanam, sneha vasti, nasyam and kashaya vasti are the 5 folds in Panchakarma.
- Poorvakarma or preparing the body, followed by Abhyangam or massage, followed by Elakizhi or herbal paste massage, and finally podikizhi, or steam bathing makes the body ready for receiving further treatments.
- Njavara Kizhi is the special treatment done in Panchakarma where the body is given a rice bolus massage to improve the joint and neuro functions.
What is Njavara Kizhi?
Njavara is a variety of rice, which is specially used for Ayurvedic treatment and massages. In this treatment the rice is made into a pudding by boiling it with milk. This pudding is then made into boluses. The boluses are filled in muslin cloth, and then using these muslin bolus dabs, the whole body of the patient is massaged. This full-body massage has excellent effects on neurological and joint functions. The deep tissues within the body are rejuvenated. The treatment is carried on for 45 minutes to 60 minutes by therapists or experts. Another form of the treatment requires the rice to be made into a paste, and then the paste is applied all over the body. But this is more preferred for beautification.
Other effective therapies
Siro Vasti, Kati Vasti, Ela Kizhi and Nasyam are all different forms of Panchakarma treatment, which detoxify the body and mind and rejuvenate the body and nerve functions. But these treatments cannot be conducted on the body on your own. You need a masseur who must be a specialist in Ayurveda to do this for you. Hence contacting Ayurvedic doctors or experts would be the best to start the treatment.
Back pain refers to a severe pain in the back due to a strain in the muscle and the associated ligaments of the spine. Back pain is a fairly common condition and almost everyone has experienced it at least once in their lifetime. The pain can be either acute (pain in sudden bursts) or chronic (lasting for more than a month). Back pain generally tends to subside if one takes appropriate measures.
You might experience the following symptoms along with back pain:
- Severe pain around the muscles which might stretch down to your feet
- Back pain will significantly limit the flexibility of your back
- If there are recurrent instances of high fever and severe gall bladder disorders along with the pain, a consultation with your doctor is highly recommended.
Back pain might occur due to the following reasons:
- Back pain might occur as a result of osteoarthritis (a disorder that is characterized by the breaking and wearing down of the flexible tissues at the end of the bones) and osteoporosis (a disorder marked by bones that are weak and brittle).
- It might occur as a result of a fatal accident or an injury.
- If you are a chain smoker and have a history of excessive alcohol or drug abuse, you are more likely to experience back pain.
- Back pain might also occur as a result of ageing, excessive weight gain, lack of regular exercising, cancer and instances of severe depression.
Ayurveda can be very useful for eradicating back pain. According to Ayurveda, back pain is caused due to the heightening of the ‘vata’ owing to an unhealthy diet, anxiety, and suppression of muscles, collectively called ‘dosha’.
The Ayurvedic remedies for back pain are as follows:
- A regular intake of 30 ml of Aloe Vera juice in the morning might heal symptoms of back pain
- A regular intake of a mixture of 5g Triphala churnam mixed with water before retiring for the night might help to ease the general discomfort associated with back pain.
- Consume a medicinal preparation of 100ml of Black Gram (Urad Dal) daily for a week in order to get rid of the pain.
- You can also perform Paschimottanasana (an exercise where you have to touch the toes and repeat the same for a few times) and Vayu Mudra (an exercise where you have to move the index finger on the thumb base and the thumb finger in closed proximity to the index finger while the other fingers remain in a perpendicular position) to get rid of the back pain.
- Cut down on your consumption of pungent spices. This is because these pungent spices tend to have a drying effect on the body, that in turn, might lead to severe back pain, especially in the lower back along with constipation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Vitiligo, often known as leukoderma, is a specific kind of skin whitening disease resulting in white patches all over the skin. A gradual loss of pigment layers on the skin surface results in the patches. This type of skin disorder becomes socially challenging for the sufferers. As the discolouration of skin and the patches all over the body start getting noticed by people, the patients get depressed. But they should stay positive as the treatment of vitiligo with Ayurveda has proven to be one of the safest cure methodologies.
Vitiligo generally starts with small spots on exposed areas; especially the bone joints, which are the first areas to be affected by vitiligo. Due to the lack of blood circulation, the bone joints are inclined to get affected by vitiligo. Gradually the spots on the skin turn into white patches. This disease has nothing to do with germs or bad blood. Rather it is caused by de-pigmentation issues on skin layers.
Factors responsible for vitiligo
Women are more prone to vitiligo than men. The factors that cause vitiligo are:
- Liver problems
- Mental worry
- Burn injuries
- Parasites in alimentary canal
Apart from these above mentioned factors, hereditary factors also trigger this type of skin disorder.
Ayurvedic Treatment For Vitiligo
Decades of research and practices have established Ayurveda as one of the most ancient and holistic ways of treatment. Ayurveda means the goodness of all the natural elements and herbs. So treating vitiligo with Ayurveda doesn't only mean curing the disorder, but also the Ayurvedic medicines are known to enhance skin tones.
According to Ayurveda, Leucoderma is caused due to the aggravation of Pitta Dosha. Pitta is an Ayurvedic humor which symbolizes heat or fire and is manifested in the skin. Aggravated Pitta leads to accumulation of ama (toxins) in deep layers of the skin, leading to the condition of Leucoderma.
Pitta is of five types; one of them is Bhrajak Pitta that gives coloration to skin. In the case of Leucoderma, Bhrajak Pitta is in an imbalanced state, and therefore, the skin starts losing its color and white patches appear. Along with Pitta Dosha, deeper body tissues like Rasa Dhatu (nutrient plasma), Rakta (blood), Mansa (muscles), Lasika (lymph) are also involved in the disease.
Treatment consists of pacifying imbalanced body energies, cleansing the blood and administrating herbs that restore skin color. Poor digestion is the root cause of this disease, as it causes the build-up of toxins in the tissues. An essential part of treatment is restoring digestion. The patient will also be advised on the correct diet and lifestyle adjustments to prevent recurrence of the disorder.
One of the most effective Ayurvedic medicine for vitiligo is Agnijith. Its capability of producing pigmentation on needed areas is scientifically proven. It is capable of blocking the de-pigmentation issue on skin layers. This cream-based medicine is also known for contacting rich microbial properties, which get easily absorbed in skin and increase the level of blood circulation. Vitiligo is almost an autoimmune disorder, thus the Ayurvedic anti-vitiligo medicines are the best way to cure it.
There are a few Ayurvedic home remedies that are effective enough in removing the white patches. Turmeric is a common herb in everyone's kitchen. Applying a mixture of turmeric and mustard oil on the affected areas can help you cure vitiligo.
Bakuchi and coconut oil’s mixture is another effective remedy for vitiligo. Apply the mixture, keep it for 15 minutes and then wash it off.
Vitiligo is a special case of skin disorder, which is triggered by a low immune system or pitta dosha. So leading a good lifestyle and eating healthy food are equally important in order to get cured. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.