Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Karimnagar and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. P. K SarangiYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor my wife is upper thyroid she taken daily eltroxin 100 tab for 25 year but her skin turn on black why which is problem and which doctor consult skin problem ya others specialist pls given suggest.
Sir in my skin lots of acne spot there I think it is ice pick scar nd some brownspot also there nd once soo please tell me some ointment as well as some soap for this to get clean and clear skin.
I was diagnosed anal fissure, both anterior and posterior position. Is it normal anal fissure? Where generally anal fissure occurs in posterior midline position. I have no chronic disease, my colonoscopy report normal.
Hiii, I am 20 years old my skin is very sensitive and every time it become dry and rough. Which body lotion is suitable for me? please suggest me.
I use betnovate-c regularly before sleeping as it suited my skin because it makes my skin Softer and lighter. So is it safe to use it regularly?
I feel irritation in my hand's skin in summer whenever I touch detergent powder or cake. How can I protect.
Hello sir I am distant I am 18 years old my face fully covered by pimples marks I want to take relief from this marks so what can I do to take relief from these marks so please give me your suggestion.
I suffer a problem in which a small amount of watery yellowish smelly fluid leaks through the anus region What are the remedies for that?
I am having pigmentation on my face (cheeks) in small part. I tried so many things for that but there is no use. So please suggest what type of creams I have to use and what type of food frequently I have to take?
I have dark circle inside my eyes .and pimples on my face .i am using patanjali saundarya facewash .is it help ful. please suggest how to get rid of this problem.
A common skin condition, which causes the discoloration of your skin in patches across the face, melasma is more of a social embarrassment and cause for distress rather than being a serious condition. Although it affects men as well, studies have shown that over 90 percent of patients are women. It is also known as the mask of pregnancy as many pregnant women develop this skin condition.
Causes of Melasma
Primary causes of melasma have been attributed to various hormonal changes within the body. Let's look at some of the factors that may cause this disorder:
- Pregnancy: This is often attributed as the leading cause of melasma, the primary cause has often been attributed to hormonal changes that a woman may experience due to pregnancy.
- Treatments that may change hormonal balance: Women on contraceptive pills or who have implants such as intrauterine devices may also develop this disorder. This is due to the balance of estrogen and progesterone being changed within the body.
- Sun exposure: Continued sun exposure may also lead to melasma. This is due to the activation of melanocytes within the body which start producing more melanin.
- Stress: Long periods of stress on the body can also trigger hormonal changes and cause melasma.
- Thyroid problems: If someone suffers from Hypothyroidism or low levels of the thyroid hormone, it can trigger other hormonal changes and also cause this skin disorder.
It has also been noticed that people with generally a darker skin tone tend to get melasma and it is less common in people with fairer skin.
Certain characteristics of Melasma
Melasma develops in certain patterns which can be easily diagnosed either as spots on the skin similar to freckles or brown patches of skin that grow bigger. Some of these patterns are:
- Malar pattern: This grows on the nose and cheeks
- Mandibular pattern: Starts growing around the jaw line
- Brachial melasma: This grows on the upper arms and shoulders
- Lateral cheek pattern: Grows on the cheek on both sides of the face
- Centrofacial pattern: Nose, upper lips, forehead and cheeks
Treatment of Melasma
Most women who develop melasma during pregnancy report that it goes away after childbirth. However certain forms of melasma may appear in non-pregnant women due to hormonal changes. Treating the underlying hormonal changes usually, resolves the problem. However certain other methods may be required to resolve the issues such as skin creams, chemical peels, dermabrasion and microdermabrasion. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.