Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Karimnagar and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. L. Ravikant
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. L. RavikantYour feedback matters!
I have a problem that is I can't breath by nose and I try steam water treatment for 2 weeks but 0% relief and now please help me. And I do regular exercise and running 1 mile since 8 months so breath is morning breakfast for me instead of that no relief so please help me please?
Here are 3 powerful ways to get rid of snoring.
1. Steam: Nasal congestion is one of the biggest reasons behind snoring. The best solution for reducing congestion is to inhale steam.
- Pour hot boiling water in a large bowl/ You can also use a steamer.
- Add three or four drops of eucalyptus essential oil or tea tree essential oil.
- Hold a towel over your head and inhale the steam deeply through your nose for 10 minutes.
- Follow this remedy daily before going to bed until your congestion clears.
2. Ghee: Ghee, also known as clarified butter, has certain medicinal properties that can help open up blocked nasal passages. This in turn will help you snore less and sleep better.
- Slightly warm a small amount of ghee.
- Use a dropper to put two or three drops of lukewarm ghee in each nostril.
- Do this daily before going to bed and again after waking up the next morning.
3. Turmeric : Being a powerful antiseptic and antibiotic agent, turmeric can treat inflammation and help reduce heavy snoring. The following milk and turmeric drink will help you breathe freely while you sleep.
- Add two teaspoons of turmeric powder to a glass of warm milk.
- Drink it 30 minutes before going to sleep.
- Do this daily.
Click on consult privately to ask me any follow-up questions on this.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.
Respected sir I was facing Gerd problem from last 10 months within gerd I went into depression I got treatment both of them now I cured from gerd (95%) and depression also. But with these problems I got sometimes dry mouth not regularly but I got dry nasal passages and I feel sticky mucus inside the door of nasal passage sir I am very irritating from dry nasal passage please help me and I need a genuine reply for this problem because nowadays I am not taking any medications for any problem I drink 4 litres water daily also. I want to get rid of this problem completely please help me respected sir.
Hello Doctor, there is slightly a bigger hole in my left ear drum. I have not operated still. I use ear buds often to clean the fluid which keeps coming from the ear. One day a slightly big piece of substance came out. Is there chances that ear drum breaks and comes out when we keep disturbing with the ear buds. Now I have some kind of head ache, nose blockage, throat irritation. Totally my body condition is different. Recently I have lost much weight. Is it due this ear problem I am facing all these effects. Please suggest what I have to do.
I have cold, its very difficult in morning and night times, I have throat pain, what is the treatment for that? Please help me.
I am having tonsils from a very young age of 8-10 yrs currently I am of 18 yrs. And my tonsils enlarges frequently, I having sore throat 365 days, due to this I feels too much of fatigue. Doctors suggested me for an operation, but my father is afraid for its ill effect. I jst wanted to know does tonsils can cause fatigue/ tiredness. Cause it remains inflammation throughout the year. It causes a grt loss in my studies. Please help
Had an episode of vertigo with unconscious with involuntarily urine and motion passed. Also with profuse perspiration with nausea. ECG seen of sinus bradycardia, CT scan normal. EEG normal 2D echo normal. No any known case of diabetic and hypertension. What is the your diagnosis?
I am suffering from ear pain from last 3 days. I have got medicine but there is no relief. What should I do?
I am suffering from dizziness since last 8 months mri and other test are normal and it is for 24 hours medicine doesn't work pls I need answer from nuroligist that it will be lifetime I am 28 years old I have hypothyroid and when it was 150 I started taking pills and thyropale tablet and it came down within 15 days and my dizziness and vertigo problem started and I took so much tention of thyroid those days what is the cause behind my chronic dizziness and vertigo.
Swimmer's ear is a medical condition, which involves inflammation, irritation or infection of the ear. It may affect the outer ear and also the ear canal. Swimmer's ear is called Otitis externa in medical terms. The condition may be acute to chronic in nature.
Swimmer's ear is an infection that's usually caused by bacteria commonly found in water and soil. Infections caused by a fungus or a virus are less common. This condition is more common in teenagers and young adults. It may occur due to a middle ear infection or because of a respiratory infection such as cold.
Swimmer's ear can occur as a result of swimming in unclean or contaminated water. These waters contain pseudomonas and other harmful bacteria, which can lead to such ear infections. The infections are rarely caused by fungus.
Swimmer's ear may also result due to other reasons. They can be:
- Scratching the inside or outside of the ear.
- Having something stuck in the ear. When you clean ear wax with cotton swabs or small objects, damage may occur. Using headphone or ear plugs for a long period of time may also cause swimmer's ear.
- Allergic reaction to some object or anything placed in the ear may also cause Swimmer's ear. These may be hair products or jewelry.
- Some chronic skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis may also lead to this infection.
There are several factors, which may enhance the risk of getting swimmer's ear. They are as follows:
- Swimming in water, which has got elevated levels of bacteria. This includes lakes and ponds.
- People having narrow ear canals are at a more risk of swimmer's ear.
- Aggressive cleaning and scratching of the ear canal.
The symptoms which indicate swimmer's ear are:
- Itching of the ear canal. This becomes intense as the condition progresses.
- Redness on the inside parts of the ear, which get more extensive in later stages.
- Discomfort which worsens by pulling on the outer ear or pushing on the tragus of the front part of the ear.
- Drainage of a fluid which is clear and odorless. As the condition worsens, there is excessive drainage of fluid along with the discharge of pus.
- A fullness feeling in the ear and a partial blockage of the ear canal because of swelling and fluids.
- In advanced stages, fever and swelling of lymph nodes in the neck is indicated. Hearing impairment may occur.
Swimmer's ear is a health condition, which involves the ear. The ear gets inflamed because of a certain bacterial infection. Although it is not a very severe condition, in some cases it can do significant harm. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!