Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Karimnagar and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. L. Ravikant
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. L. RavikantYour feedback matters!
I am an 18 years old girl, I have obesity issues for many years (70 kg). Recently my palm, fingers are seen to tremble and sometimes I lose control while walking I feel dizzy sometimes when I stand on my foot. Without even doing much heavy work I get pain in shoulder or elbow joints. What should I do?
My wife she get cold n headache. Regularly due to sinus problem. What can be the best to cure that permanently.
I usually get tonsils and sore throat. Later I developed cold and cough it usually happens whenever I eat something from outside. How to prevent it and treatment for same.
My daughter is 3 years n 9 months old. She is suffering from ear pain since morning 6 am. And telling that she has pain under jaw. May be tonsils. No fever. Can I give crocin ds for her pain relief or can you suggest any other medicine?
Having lots of cough. It is struck in my throat. Does it may cause pneumonia. What are the symptoms of pneumonia. Plzz tell.
I am suffering from sinus from past 15 years and my hair is also greying because of this. I have tried everything but nothing helped. Could you please suggest tips or remedy for this.
We are looking for my wife's ear piercing. She is 35 & looking for another 2 pairs of piercing above the regular ear lobe piercing and at the cartilage. We have the following queries: 1.What is the method of piercing: needle or gunshot or laser; & what is more healing friendly 2.Can it be done painless using some anesthetics; which method is more healing friendly 3.What is the healing period? Any precautionary or after care medicines required for healing (to avoid septic or keloid) & pain 4. Is it advisable to do both the post a time or need to have a waiting period in between? Do we need to carry the earrings for the piercing appreciate your advice.
An eardrum rupture or perforation is a little gap or tear in your eardrum and the tympanic membrane. The tympanic membrane is a thin tissue that partitions the canal of the middle ear and outer ear. This layer vibrates when sound waves enter your ear. The vibration proceeds through the bones of the center ear. Since this vibration allows you to listen, your hearing can be affected if your eardrum is harmed. A ruptured eardrum is additionally called a perforated eardrum. Permanent hearing loss could be an end result in some cases.
A ruptured eardrum, similar to thunder; can happen all of a sudden. You may feel a sharp pain in your ear, or an ear infection that you've had for some time all of a sudden leaves. In some cases, the person may not feel any signs of the rupture.
Some of the causes for such a perforation are:
- Infection: Ear infections are a major reason for eardrum rupture, particularly in children. Liquids tend to deposit behind the eardrum in such cases.
- Exercises: Exercising can bring about pressure changes in the ear and lead to a punctured eardrum. This is known as barotrauma, and takes place when the pressure outside the ear is not the same as the pressure inside the ear. Activities that can bring about barotrauma include scuba diving or flying on plane.
- Other activities: Wounds can likewise burst your eardrum. Any injury to the ear or side of the head can bring about a crack.
Diagnosis: Your specialist can use a few approaches to find out whether you have a ruptured eardrum:
- A liquid test in which your specialist tests liquids that might spill from your ear from infection.
- An otoscope exam in which a specific gadget with a light is used to investigate your ear channel
- An audiology exam, in which your specialist tests your listening to range and eardrum limit
- Tympanometry, in which your specialist uses a tympanometer to test the pressure changes in your ear.
Treatment: The treatments are as follows:
- Patching: In the event that your ear does not recuperate by itself, your specialist may fix the eardrum. Fixing includes setting a sedated paper patch over the tear in the film.
- Antibiotics: Anti-toxins can clear up contaminations that may have prompted your eardrum break. They additionally shield you from growing new diseases from the aperture. Your specialist may endorse oral antibiotics or eardrops.
- Surgery: In uncommon cases, surgery might be required to fix the gap in the eardrum. A surgical repair of a punctured eardrum is called tympanoplasty.
A cracked eardrum generally recuperates without any invasive measures. Many patients with cracked eardrums encounter just transitory listening problems.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!