Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Karimnagar. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Treatment Procedures
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. G. PrashanthYour feedback matters!
I am a 26 year old male. I have dark red rashes on the groin area. It used to itch a bit few months back but now it doesn't itch but the rashes are still there. Would you please suggest some medication for it.
I have suffering from fungal infection on my face I have taken many medicine but it does not heal and it back again.
My skin is very Oily and blackish in complexion Please suggest me any medical or surgical way to get the fair complexion?
I had a black spot at my ankle, previously it was quiet many, but nowadays it has been reduced, after joined gym Just want to know I feel pain when I press that ankle area, what is the reason & what I have to do please suggest me any medicine to cure.
Doctor kya shadi ke baad face hair extra hair Jo hote sahi hojate hai kya pls bataye doctor pls aur bataye pcod Ke problem Keleye kya khaye doctor pls bataye.
Skin burn on my neck any cream or any ayurveda treatment for this please give me any advice for this.
Good evening My age is 24 but I don't get mustached correct still This is any hormone effect are any thing else?
Humko 5 january se chiken pox hua h aur ab wo thik ho raha h par uska marks ni reh jaye koi upaye bataye. Thank you.
I have black spots as well as pimples on my back. I used scar removal cream for 4 months but didn't see any changes. What should I do?
I have a skin problem ad have black in some area of my body that is very very bad for me what can I do?
I had protected sex just after the day my periods got over and I did take a contraceptive pill but I am worried because since then I havnt got my periods again. Its been a month. A week before I had spotting for couple of days. Please suggest what to do.
When I was In hostel in my x standard I am infected with ring worm at thighs in the area around scrotum, I have used so many medicines there is no ring worm, but a delicate layer is formed around the scrotum when it is disturbed it cuts and having bleed, and foul smell when it is sweated or travelling in a car. What can I do.
I have black marks under my eyes. Please suggest a quick remedy if possible. I'm about to get married. So.
I am using tenovate m for 10 years on my face, nw my face is red if I stop using it my face is peeling off. Can you please tell me how long will it take to get back to normal. Currently I am working if I stop will I be able to go out to office I am really depressed please lemme know how to get it treated.
I am a 35 year old male. I have been suffering from boils in my anus for the past one year. It will heal itself or on medication after one week or so but keeps coming back after two months or so, a few centimeters away from the first one. It is very painful. The local Doctor prescribed an antibiotics for it FIXIME *0. I have discontinued after taking six tablets. What should I do?
Menorrhagia is menstrual condition characterized by an abnormal loss of blood or heavy, prolonged bleeding. Although heavy bleeding is not uncommon in premenopausal women, menorrhagia is a severe condition which generally interferes with your daily activities. If your vagina bleeds irregularly or between periods, in addition to such heavy bleeding that at least one pad or tampon gets soaked every few hours, it is highly recommended that you seek medical attention.
Signs and symptoms of menorrhagia include:
- Soaking through more than one tampon or sanitary pad for every few hours
- The need to use double sanitary protection
- Heavy bleeding for weeks on end
- The need to wake up at night to change your sanitary protection
- Restriction of daily activities due to heavy menstrual flow
- Symptoms of fatigue, such as excessive tiredness as well as shortness of breath
Although the exact causes are unknown, here are a few causes that may be responsible:
- Hormonal imbalance is when there is an hormone imbalance, the endometrium develops in excess and sheds away with menstruation
- In Ovary dysfunction, if your ovaries do not ovulate, your body won't be able to produce the hormone progesterone resulting in a hormonal imbalance problem which may lead to menorrhagia
- Uterine fibroids are benign tumors which start appearing in your childbearing years
- Polyps are small benign growths found on the uterine lining
- Adenomyosis occurs when your glands from the endometrium becomes embedded in the uterine muscle
- By using Intrauterine device (IUD) menorrhagia may occur as a side-effect
- Pregnancy complications, for instance, an ectopic pregnancy can cause it
- Inherited bleeding disorders, such as von Willebrand disease
- Certain medications like anti-inflammatory drugs
- Other medical conditions, like pelvic inflammatory disease or endometriosis
Treatment for menorrhagia depends on a number of factors like the cause and severity of the condition, or your tolerance for specific therapies or medications.
Some drug therapies for menorrhagia include:
- Iron supplements
- Tranexamic acid
- Oral progesterone
- Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- Oral contraceptives
- Hormonal IUD
If drug therapy is ineffective, other treatment options may include:
- Dilation and curettage
- Focused ultrasound ablation
- Uterine artery embolization
- Endometrial ablation
- Endometrial resection