Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in nagercoil and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shirojith VincentYour feedback matters!
I have gorilla like jaw. My two teeth besides upper incisors r out. I hav tried pin also. And I hav space between my teeth. How to get a perfect smile.
Hi sir. I had cold & cough, is very high problem and also mouth ulcers problem since 6 months it is not curing please say me sir.
I have dental problem. What type of food should perfect for me? Is soft or freeze food harm for my teeth? Please help me I really facing this type of problems too much. Thank you.
How often can we take sweets per a day &what should be done immediately after taking them inorder to prevent damage to teeth?
Ulcer treatment that irritate the upper part of the body which means near lungs and also cause bad smell by mouth.
There are two teeth of mine In the lower jaw on both tge ends are growing in an inclined position that is is growing that is hurting the neighbouring teeth and some time some puss comes out and makes the mouth smell.
I took the braces treatment 4 years ago. Now I am having gaps in my teeth majorly between molar n premolar. Should I go for braces again to fill the gaps? Pls suggest me any other treatment?
Can we use the readymade braces for teeth straightening, is it safe & can it make our crooked, crowned teeth straight?
Hi my name is nixon leon. I was suffering from severe tooth pain last night. I took some medicine that was processed by my mom. But no relief. So pls advice me what medicine I have to take.
How to get rid of teeth cavities. I see cavities but there's no pain yet. Is there any cure other than root canal. Like putting cement or something? please advice.
I am 25 year old. After mouth gargling blood is leak in my teeth. And my teeth are yellow color how to change into whitesuggest some medicines.
How can I fix my upper and lower teeth gap (front). Nd what's the price or fee for that treatment. Tell me the total process time will take that treatment. Thanks I hope you will reply soon as well.
I had caps for two teeth in my upper jaw after RCT last May. Unlike the other RCTs and capping done for other teeth earlier, I am feeling some kind of discomfort and mild pain since then. I feel a kind of heaviness in my teeth. Pls advise what I should do?
Hi. I have undergone route canal treatment for one my tooth. Wanted to know is waring tooth cap is mandatory? or is it fine without cap.
Chewing gum may be made popular as a style statement in the recent past, but in reality, it is as ancient as the Aztecs and the Mayans, who had the habit of chewing gum or bark. Over the years, numerous studies have been conducted to deep-dive into its benefits, and it has been found to be very beneficial.
With the recent fad of foods going sugar-free, chewing gums also left the sugar in them out.
For routine regular oral care, it is advisable to brush and rinse after each meal. However, in cases when one is not at home, this becomes a practical challenge. A good option is to chew a sugar-free gum after each meal, so that decay and gum disease are reduced to a large extent. This can be supplemented with a brushing or flossing as soon as it becomes available.
In addition to avoiding sugar load, there are other benefits of chewing sugar-free gum as listed below:
- Kills microorganisms: It is believed that chewing sugar-free gum for about 10 minutes can kill up to 100 million bacteria in the mouth.
- Stimulates production of saliva: The jaw movement that happens with chewing gum increases saliva production and flow. This helps in diluting the acids in the mouth, flushing out plaque, and removing food particles that are lodged in various areas.
- Prevents decay: With improved salivary flow, the chances of dental decay are delayed. Studies comparing pH of the mouth before and after chewing gum have confirmed that sugar-free gums reduce the acidic level of the mouth, which is conducive for tooth decay. There is no actual sugar in the gum, thereby one of the factors required for decay is eliminated.
- Xylitol: One of the main ingredients in sugar-free gums, it is shown to reduce the amount of bacteria that lead to decay in the mouth. This is an ingredient from fruits and vegetables and so good for the overall health.
- Improves digestion: As is well known, the first step of digestion begins in the mouth. With improved salivary flow and increased chewing, food is digested to a greater extent leading to reduced incidence of acid reflux.
- Boosts logic and memory: Chewing gum stimulates blood flow to the brain and stimulates the neural pathway. This has multiple benefits including improved memory, improved alertness and logical skills, reduced anxiety, and improved learning and memory.
- Saves money: With all these benefits, especially reduced incidence of gum disease and tooth decay, it is estimated that a lot of money spent on dental treatments is saved.
So, the next time you see the sugar-free gum at the billing counter, there is no need to think too much about it, go for it!!