Doctors in Krishna Super Speciality Hospital
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Leg Pain
Treatment of Knee Pain
Treatment of Acidity
Treatment of Hand Pain
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Swelling
Treatment of Hemorrhoids
Treatment of Shoulder Pain
Treatment of Kidney Stones
Treatment of Jaundice
Treatment of Foot Pain
Treatment of Lower Back Pain
Treatment of Bone Fracture
Treatment of Arm Pain
Treatment of Colic
Knee Pain Treatment
Submit a review for Krishna Super Speciality HospitalYour feedback matters!
If there is an excessive accumulation of fat within the human body than what is actually needed to perform certain functions ( that is more than 30% body fat in females and 25% in males), chances are you might be suffering from a chronic disorder called obesity or excessive weight gain.
Common causes for weight gain
There can be a lot of reasons which may cause you to gain the extra kilos. If you lead a sedentary lifestyle, suffer from depression, PCOS (in women), consume fat-rich foods or junk foods excessively, it can also lead to weight gain.
The threat of obesity
Obesity is a major evil in the world today, as it is responsible for the deaths of millions all across the world. If not treated immediately, obesity can lead to further complications like heart disorders or asthma, among a plethora of problems.
Role of homeopathy in treating obesity
Homeopathy can provide an effective cure for obesity. However, you must keep in mind that the dosage should be followed up with the appropriate amount of physical exercises and a balanced diet and should be taken only after consulting with your homeopathic practitioner. The homeopathic preparations help in the stimulation of body metabolism to burn the excessive fat. The most effective homeopathic preparations to cure obesity are as follows:
- Antimonium Crudum: This homeopathic preparation is effective in treating obesity in children or teenagers. The symptoms where this medication is prescribed are discolored nails, an abnormal craving for salt and extreme irritation. There can be appearances of thick white layers in the tongue among children suffering from the condition.
- Nux Vomica: This homeopathic preparation provides effective cure to obesity caused due to leading a sedentary lifestyle for a long time. If there are symptoms of chronic constipation or sensitivity towards cold weather, this preparation is highly recommended.
- Lycopodium: If you are suffering from excessive weight gain in the thigh region or the buttock areas along with the symptoms of constipation, craving for sweet dishes among others, a prescribed dosage of Lycopodium might show marked improvement. Patients suffering from the condition might also show symptoms of irritation and sudden anger.
- Ignatia: This homeopathic preparation is particularly useful in treating obesity caused due to depression. In this condition, the patient might also show symptoms of rapid mood changes.
- Graphite: This homeopathic preparation is an effective cure for women suffering from obesity due to menopause. The affected woman might show symptoms of chronic constipation and extreme sensitivity towards cold air. From an emotional viewpoint, the woman might show symptoms of recurrent sadness.
Aesthetic medicine is a developing branch of medicine and scientific research. The objective is to cosmetically enhance an individual's physical appearance with nominally invasive procedures. It is a modern field and is not just restricted to plastic surgeons and dermatologists. Most medical specialists can offer services in the field of aesthetic medicine.
The major types of procedures and techniques are:
1. Surgical techniques
- Liposuction: This is a surgical cosmetic technique, which is used to remove fat from certain areas of the body to re-shape the body and reduce weight.
- Facelifts: A facelift is a surgical procedure, which is done to restore the healthy and youthful features of the skin by injecting dermal fillers (soft tissue) into the hollow or sagging parts of the face or neck.
- Radiofrequency ablation: In this medical procedure, a radio wave produces electric current and eliminates the diseased or non-functional tissues. The technique has applications outside aesthetic medicine too, such as treating tumors, chronic pain, heart problems, etc.
- Hair transplant: Hair transplantation surgery is a procedure where the hair follicles are surgically removed from a donor site and implanted on the recipient side to cover up bald spots. The hair follicles are taken from the patient and so, the grafted hair continues its natural growth after surgery.
2. Non-Surgical techniques
- Radio frequency skin tightening: This is a non-surgical alternative to facelifts and it produces the connective tissues (collagen and elastin) in order to remodel the tissues and tighten the skin of the face and the neck.
- Chemical peel: A chemical peel is a type of skin treatment, which is used to smoothen and improve the texture of skin. It is especially done for the facial skin to remove lines, folds and wrinkles. The procedure causes the dead skin cells to peel off and the new skin that appears is more even and youthful.
- Non-surgical liposuction: This procedure is done using laser energy and ultrasound and the subcutaneous fat cells are eliminated. There is no suction, incision or injection involved.These techniques are of lower risk as compared to surgical weight loss procedures.
- Laser and Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) Hair Removal: The Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) procedure involves a spectrum of wavelengths (similar to those of a light bulb), which are targeted at the skin and some of the wavelengths can remove body hair. Laser hair removal is slightly more effective than IPL because it involves a focused beam of light in one specific wavelength, which targets the hair follicles of your skin.
Exfoliation/Chemical peel of superficial layer of the skin for facial rejuvenation has been a common practice for ages. Many of us know that Cleopatra used sour milk to maintain glow on her face. Exfoliation of the superficial layer of the skin leads to removal of dead cells, lightening of pigmentation, elimination of fine wrinkles (to a particular extent in certain age groups) and also reduction in the severity of acne.
The principle behind Chemical peeling is that Injury to the skin is caused at the required depth, allowing regeneration to take place, without causing permanent scarring. Regeneration of skin occurs with improved texture, reduced pigmentary irregularities and good cosmetic results.
Once the client is ready for the procedure, the face is cleaned with a cleanser. Ice pack is applied over the face for few minutes. Peel is applied for the desired time. During the procedure, mild burning sensation may be perceived. After washing the face, burning sensation reverses to normalcy. Ice pack is reapplied. Adequate moisturizer and sunscreen is applied before walking out in the sun.
Following are the indications for Chemical peel: Acne, Pigmentation, Melasma, Fine Lines, Freckles. We, at SUDEH always strive to give the best possible results with the most advanced technology and the most suited treatment as per the individual needs.
You're said to suffer from the problem of acute kidney failure if your kidneys suddenly stop working and lose their ability to eliminate waste materials including excess fluids and salts from the blood. The condition usually develops quickly over a few days or even a few hours. When this happens, waste materials accumulate in your blood, disrupting the chemical balance of your bloodstream.
So, what causes this problem?
Acute kidney failure can occur because of any one of these reasons:
1. A drop or slowdown of blood flow to the kidneys - Adequate blood circulation to the kidneys is of great importance as without it the kidneys may end malfunctioning. If blood flow to the kidney is hampered, a part of or the entire kidney may die. You may suffer from acute kidney failure if blood flow to the kidneys gets impaired due to conditions like
- Heavy blood loss
- Sepsis (body's inflammatory reaction to an infection, which can bring about organ failure, tissue damage, and death)
- Use of certain drugs
- Heart disease
2. Urinary obstructions - A sudden blockage that hampers your kidney's ability to eliminate urine can also bring about acute kidney failure. When this happens, it leads to a build up of toxins in the body, causing an overload of the kidneys. Conditions that bring about this urinary obstruction include:
- Cervical cancer
- Colon cancer
- Bladder cancer
- Kidney stones
- Enlarged prostate
- Prostate cancer
3. Disease within the kidneys - Even instances of clotting within the blood vessels of the kidneys can lead to acute kidney failure. This is because if the movement of blood cells within the blood vessels gets hampered, kidneys are not able to filter out toxins from the body. The conditions and diseases that may cause clotting, and subsequently damage to the kidneys include:
- Scleroderma (an autoimmune disease that affects connective tissues and skin)
- Build-up of cholesterol deposits
- Glomerulonephritis (an inflammatory condition of the kidney's ball-shaped structures called glomeruli)
- Hemolytic uremic syndrome (a condition that occurs due to untimely death of red blood cells)
- Lupus (a disorder of the body's immune system that brings about damage to the body's own organs and tissues)
Rheumatoid arthritis is an inflammatory disease, which destroys the cartilages of the body, thereby rendering a weak joint structure throughout the body. This causes the bone density to reduce, which in turn reduces the original strength of the bones. This is usually manifested in people – men and women both - from their late middle ages. Terrible pain is sometimes accompanied with such form of arthritis. Though arthritis can be treated, this treatment is only provided to boost bone density, make the bones stronger, provide vitamins and minerals to the body and slow the process of bone degeneration. Once arthritis affects you, you can never be completely cured of it, but you can definitely try to lessen the degradation rate and frequency.
There are several factors, which lead to the development of rheumatoid arthritis in a human body. One such factor is the immune system. Over the years, the immune system becomes weaker. The body is attacked by many infections, bacteria and other foreign particles, which the immune system fights effectively. But as one starts growing and reaches almost middle age, it is found that the immune system no longer remains as vigilant and quick to be able to cope up with the disease causing germs, and fight them effectively. A reduced immune system can be caused by consumption of excessive medicines, vaccines and other medicinal drugs over the years. This makes it difficult for the immune system to cope with arthritis at this age. Hence, the development of rheumatoid arthritis is very much related to a weak immune system in the body.
However, this does not mean that it cannot be treated. There are various natural and organic ways to boost your immunity. You must try to follow some of them so that your immune system becomes stronger and better or at least shows signs of improvement. That apart, you need to consult your medical practitioner when signs of arthritis are manifested by your body. There are simple exercises, natural methods to keep fit and certain other medicines, which need to be consumed to make your bones stronger. If you follow these rules then your arthritis would not be very fatal and you will be able to cope with it.
This highlights how the immune system is an integral part in the formation of arthritis in a human body. If you see signs and symptoms of arthritis developing in your body, then you must consult the medical practitioner immediately so that you can start with an appropriate treatment as soon as possible. Arthritis should never be neglected as it can give rise to chronic pains and adverse health problems in the future.
I'm suffering from a severe pain in left side of back ribs and I'm unable to sleep properly .What should I do?
Gallstones can be the cause behind quite some pain and discomfort if not treated by an Ayurvedic medical expert. This helps you get over the ailment before it can inflict any more pain. Before learning about the treatments for the condition, it is important to learn what exactly is a gallstone? A gallstone as the name suggests is a peculiar stone-like formation found in the gall bladder. The stones vary in size and number from person to person and are mainly constituted from bile components that settle inside gallbladder. Gallstones as mentioned above are only stone-like formations and not really stones. They are formed from the cholesterol, bilirubin and salt contained in the bile.
How are gallstones diagnosed?
In the majority of cases, it becomes impossible to detect whether a person has gallstones or not. It is only when the stones close or block a specific duct and become the cause for inflicting some pain, does the chance of the presence of a gallstone crosses the mind. In case one is undergoing similar pain in the stomach, it is advised that you make your way immediately to an Ayurvedic medical expert, who will help you to recover from the condition with 100% natural medicines and treatments, with no side effects whatsoever.
Different types of Gallstones:
Another thing to be noted, before you start treatment for gallstones, is their type. There are distinctly two different types of gall stones. These are-
- Pigment Stones: Pigments stones are smaller in size compared to the cholesterol stones and are usually larger in number and darker in colour. The main building component of these pigment stones is bilirubin. The bilirubin, in turn, comes from the bile, which is an enzyme secreted by the liver and carried into the gallbladder to be stored there.
- Cholesterol Stones: The Cholesterol stones, on the other hand, are the most common kind of gallstone there is. 80% of the times, patients are detected to have cholesterol stones. These stones are characterised with a yellowish green colour.
Causes leading to Gallstone:
Only when gallstones reach a particular size or an overwhelming number that they start blocking ducts, which in turn cause the pain. But what results in the formation of these gallstones? There are a number of things that can lead to the formation of these stone like formations in your gallbladder. Some of these reasons include-
- Increase in weight
- A non-efficiently functioning gallbladder
- Following a wrong diet
- Over consumption of cholesterol rich food
- Genes, and most commonly
While these are the common causes for bile stones, the most common causes of pigment stones are certain kinds of medical conditions, such as- sickle cell anaemia or other blood diseases and cirrhosis of the liver.
Ayurvedic cures for Gallstones:
According to Ayurveda, there are three doshas, namely the Kapha, pitta, and Vata, which lead to the formation of gallstones. Opting for Ayurvedic treatment helps you eliminate the requirement of harsh allopathic medication or for that matter surgery. The three major point covered by Ayurvedic treatment for gallstones include- modification in diet, herbal and all natural Ayurvedic medication and detoxification.
Ayurvedic gallstone treatment includes detoxification, herbal medications and diet modifications. A common therapy is a liver flush, which can include olive oil, lemon juice and spices. Citrus fruits, vitamin C, tumeric and ginger may assist with reducing cholesterol in the gallbladder to prevent its buildup. You can also place a castor oil pack over the gallbladder area to purportedly alleviate pain and inflammation, improve circulation and promote healing of damaged tissues.
Naturopathic Treatment for Gallstones:
Gallstone treatment requires altering carbohyderate and lipid metabolism of the entire body, especially of the liver. This will mostly involve changing the foods you eat, as well as adding specific supplements to encourage particular biochemical paths in the body. The details of this process consist of three major categories of actions.
- Normalize bile composition leaving the liver
- Dissolve existing gallstones in the gallbladder
- Prevent the reabsorption of bile and cholesterol in the small intestine
Naturopathic treatment will start with a high-quality nutrition program made to reduce your body's tendency to produce excess cholesterol. It will also use a variety of nutritional supplements to break up fat deposits in the liver. Still other agents, both herbs and supplements, can dissolve existing gallstones. The exact details will vary from one individual to another depending on your medical history. As always in Naturopathic Medicine, the treatment program is customized to you and your individual situation.
Ever heard of that phrase “I can taste bile at the back of my mouth”? It is generally used to express disgust. However, in medical parlance, ‘bile’, the English synonym for disgust, plays an important role in the digestive system. It helps in the digestion of fats (breaks the fats down to smaller particles) and contains the waste products of the blood. Bile is secreted from the gallbladder which is a small organ (sac-shaped) present below the liver.
Gallbladder surgery is carried out to treat gallbladder related problems such as gallbladder stones. Presence of gallstones in the gallbladder can hamper bile production. The symptoms that you may experience include feeling unwell and fatigued, the color of the skin turning yellow and an intense tummy ache. The first method of treatment for gallstones is to dissolve them with the help of natural means. However, if this does not work, then gallbladder surgery is done.
A pre-surgery assessment is carried out by the doctor a few weeks prior to the surgery. A general health check and blood tests are carried out to determine the procedure of the surgery. Your concerns regarding the surgery are addressed by the doctor; he/she also advises you on how to prepare for your surgery.
Gallbladder surgery can be performed in two ways; an open surgery or a laparoscopic surgery. The type of surgery you will undergo will depend on your tests.
- Laparoscopic surgery: In this procedure, an incision is made on the belly button (naval region). Following this, two or three other incisions are made on the right side of the stomach. Carbon dioxide is then pumped into the stomach to make the abdomen inflated and a laparoscope is then inserted to see the insides of the abdomen. Through the other incisions, surgical instruments are inserted to remove the gallbladder. Once the removal procedure is completed, the carbon dioxide is pumped out and the incisions are closed.
- Open surgery: In an open surgery, a larger incision (as compared to laparoscopic surgery) is made in the abdomen, right below the ribs. The gallbladder is removed using surgical instruments and then the incision is closed.
- Post-surgery: In case of laparoscopic surgery, the recovery period is shorter; around two weeks. An open surgery, on the other hand, requires a longer recovery period of 6-8 weeks. You can live a normal life without the gallbladder, as the bile will then directly travel to the digestive system. Mild symptoms of diarrhea and bloating may be experienced. However, they should be temporary and subside within a few days.