Lybrate.com has top trusted Unani Specialists from across India. You will find Unani Specialists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Unani Specialists online in Kanpur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mohd.Tarique
Type 2 Diabetes Treatment
Bronchial Asthma Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Gestational Diabetes Management
Treatment of Mellitus
Submit a review for Dr. Mohd.TariqueYour feedback matters!
Hi sir/mam As per my basic information I am over weight I am working as software developer. As per my schedule I take 3 times meal in day (it s not possible to take 4 time as per normal diet plan ).i do 35 minute swimming everyday. Pl suggest suitable diet plan for me.
I am excess thin inspite of eating nutritious food. My all clothes swing on me. How to become fatty.
I'm 23 old male, student.I want to know why My diet or food I ate, never add any value to my health, I mean I'm very thin, in spite of eating rich food. What to do.
In India, especially the urban centers, obesity or even being overweight is becoming a new epidemic. The increases in consumption of fast foods, sedentary lifestyles and stress have increased the incidence of this problem. This has in turn, led to an exponential increase in the cases of diabetes, heart diseases and blood pressure among a host of other problems.
The Ayurvedic approach
Ayurveda is a discipline, which has been practiced over many millennia and contains the collective wisdom to effectively treat problems of obesity or being overweight without side effects. According to Ayurveda, the body is made up of 7 elements or Dhatus:
- Rasa (Lymph)
- Rakta (Blood)
- Maans (Muscle)
- Meda (Fat)
- Asthi (Bones)
- Majja (Nervous system)
- Shukra (Reproductive System)
However, if you are overweight then it means that due to an imbalance of the ‘Kapha’ dosha, you are accumulating more ‘meda’ or fat. Ayurveda has some very effective actions to prescribe through which you can lose weight very effectively. Some of these tips are mentioned below.
- Drink a mixture of lemon, honey and water first thing in the morning: Drinking a mix of lemon, honey and water helps to jump start your metabolism and boost your digestive system. Drinking this regularly over a period of a few months and would help reduce your weight very quickly.
- Meditate for at least 10 minutes a day: This is a very important step as meditation helps relax your mind, muscles and nerves and reduces stress. This enables you to take better decisions throughout the day. It also controls your appetite thus stopping you form binge eating. Meditation and relaxation have also been shown to contribute to weight loss by keeping the metabolism regulated.
- Do at least 30 minutes of exercise: It is important that you do at least 30 minutes of exercise daily as it would regulate your metabolism and help you to keep burning fat throughout the day. Incorporating light yoga along with a brisk walk is possibly the best way to safely and easily lose weight. Some of the easiest poses to lose weight would be
- Dhanurasana or Bow pose
- Setubandhasana or Bridge pose
- Bhujangasana or Cobra pose
- Vakrasana or Half spinal Twist pose among many others
- Consider your diet according to season: According to Ayurveda, you should be careful about what you eat during the various seasons as this will ensure maximum nutrient absorption without the deposition of fat.
- Eat three meals a day, not more: According to Ayurveda, you should have three meals a day without any snacks in between. Have a heavy breakfast as that tends to set the tone for the day, followed by a comparatively light lunch and an even lighter dinner. This is because your digestive system functions most effectively in the morning, fairly fast at noon, but it is the most sluggish at night.
- Go to bed early and rise early: This is often propagated as disturbances in the Circadian rhythm or the natural sleep and waking cycles are a big contributor to weight gain. Once this is properly regulated, it could result in weight loss because of your body metabolism being properly regulated.
Salads are often a meal option when you want to throw in a whole lot of fresh vegetables and nice dressing to go with it, for a comprehensive meal. It's light and fresh and extremely nutritious. That is what most people think.
However, in some cases, your salad may be doing more harm than good to your health:
- Eating fresh, raw vegetables may be good once in a while, but eating too much of raw veggies make it difficult for your digestive tract to break down and digest. You may start suffering from gas, indigestion or bloating.
- Most people eat salads to lose weight, but this works only according to your body type. There are certain body types for whom too many damp foods like salads, actually causes the body to retain the dampness and thus making it harder to lose weight.
- Avoid those so called 'fat free' salad dressings that have become so popular in the market. Such dressings take the fat out of it and try to replace it with something that is artificial and genetically modified. They also have high level of fructose corn syrup that is extremely damaging by adding to your fat and making you resistant to insulin.
- Avoid vegetables that have been grown with fertilizers and pesticides and opt for organic produce instead. Genetically modified (GMO) crops have been known to be the cause of several chronic diseases and conditions.
- A distinction must be made between healthy and unhealthy fats. Processed oils and refined oils that are added to salads can increase LDL cholesterol and make you prone to coronary heart disease.
- Adding too much protein to your salad can be counterproductive and redundant, exposing you to the risk of cancer.
This however, doesn't mean that you should stay away from your favorite salad, but to be aware of what goes into it and how much. Don't always be fooled by its freshness and pockets of flavor.