Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Kanpur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Alok Kanodia
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Alok KanodiaYour feedback matters!
pls talk patient father Mr Ashish kumar saxena at mob number 9794837801
My daughter is 2 years 4 months old. She has stopped feeding during day. However i'm not able to wean off her during night. She sleeps with feeding and wakes up 2-3 times in night. She is eating food properly. Please help me regarding this.
My daughter, aged 6.5 years underwent bilateral femoral osteotomy in Dec 2015 and Jan 2016. She was in hip spica cast for a total of eight weeks, followed by hip brace for four weeks. But her knees were flexed inwards after she came off the spica cast . After regular therapy for the past five months, it has opened out from 150 degrees to about 50 degrees now, Hips are in abducted attitude. Abduction is possible to about 50-60 degrees, but hip abduction movts seems to be quite painful for her. Her recent xray which was done few days back show " left femoral head dislocated inferiority" Her adductor muscles and hamstrings are tight. Kindly advise regarding further treatment possible to correct the dislocation. Thanks a lot.
Dear doctor. My daughter 7 years old her body weight is 15kg. Eaten food very slowly she will taken the time half to 1 hour more. Kindly need your suggestion how will improve actual weight in the particular age and advice healthy food.
My daughter is one month old and having jaundice problem we have given her phototherapy treatment two times but now again her billi. Level increased upto 10 mg/l.what to do. She do not have any prblm only the skin is looking yellow. Her blood group is b and mine is o.
I have a grandson who has just completed 13 months. We give him along with mother's milk in the morning and in the evening (his mother works), he is given rice, dal,leaves, curds. And also juices and fruits. The problem he often farts with bad smell and also his stools are are often give foul smell, Doctor gave Lacto bacillus sol. but we dont see much improvement. We find the above condiion atleast one or two times in a week.
The inflammations of the lining in the bronchial tubes, which are responsible for carrying air from and to your lungs are known as bronchitis. It is a respiratory disease and more than a million cases are reported each year. Bronchitis requires medical diagnosis by your healthcare provider and can be chronic or acute. Cold or other respiratory infections can cause acute bronchitis whereas smoking leads to chronic bronchitis. Acute bronchitis usually lasts for few days but with persistent cough. Whereas, chronic bronchitis can be responsible for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
Symptoms of bronchitis:
The symptoms common to both acute and chronic bronchitis are given below:
- Cough which may form mucus
- Body aches and breathlessness
- Headaches, blocked nose and sinuses
- Fever with chills
The diagnosis of bronchitis is done by your doctor who will ask you about your cough. Some other questions may include your medical history, about smoking or whether you have had cases of flu or cold recently.
Treatment for bronchitis:
Your doctor will mainly recommend pain relievers and cough syrup along with warm air to breathe mainly at indoors. However your doctor may prescribe the following medications in cases of severe bronchitis:
- Cough medicine: These medicines will help to remove mucus and irritants from your lungs. Medicines may not be able to suppress the symptoms completely but will give you relief from pain.
- Bronchodilators: Which clears out the mucus by opening your bronchial tubes.
- Mucolytics: These helps loosen mucus in the airways and help to cough up sputum.
- Oxygen therapy: It will help to improve the oxygen intake when you face difficulty in breathing.
- Therapy: Pulmonary program will include a therapist who would work to improve your breathing.
- Medicines: Using anti inflammatory medicines to reduce damage to your lungs tissue and to also avoid chronic inflammation.
Prevention of bronchitis:
Acute and chronic bronchitis can be reduced by the following measures; however, they cannot be completely prevented:
- Avoiding dust, smoke, and air pollution. You can always wear a mask when you are on the road or in traffic.
- Washing your hands often to avoid germs and infections.
- Avoiding smoking as it can cause harmful damage to your lungs.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Learning disability is a term used to cover a wide range of learning problems. A learning disability is not a problem with intelligence or motivation, the brain is simply wired differently. This difference affects how you receive and process information. Children and adults with learning disabilities see, hear, and understand things differently. This can cause problems with learning new information and skills and putting them to use. The most common types of learning disabilities involve problems with reading (Dyslexia), writing (Dysgraphia) and math (Dyscalculia).
Once identified, it can be difficult to find the right way to help the child understand new concepts. Here are some tips for both parents and teachers:
1. Play word games: Playing word association games will help the child learn new words as well as help them remember old ones. Repeated exposure to the words will further help the child learn.
2. Don’t rush: It is important to be patient with the child. Once you have a better understanding of the learning disability, it is important to not rush them when learning new concepts. Let them work at their own pace. It is also important to remember to give the encouragement they need while learning.
3. Be creative: Use different methods of teaching. You can use art or writing to help them better understand concepts and ideas. If you allow them to use the tools they feel comfortable with, it will help you teach the child better and also encourage them to continue their learning.
4. Use clay: Clay is a very versatile tool which help you teach different concepts. You can mould it into different letters to teach the alphabet or different words to teach various concepts. This can also help improve the child’s fine motor skills and ability to grasp several concepts.