Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Kanpur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Alok Kanodia
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Alok KanodiaYour feedback matters!
pls talk patient father Mr Ashish kumar saxena at mob number 9794837801
My baby is crying when she is in bed ,but when her mother carrying with hug then she stop the crying. Give me some suggestion?
My 11 month old son has had a phlegmy cough for over a week now. His only other symptoms are sneezing more frequently, and he's been a little more irritable than normal. No fever, no runny or stuffy nose. Its been hot here so we have the air conditioning on most of the day, and a fan at night. His cough seems to be at its worse in the evening and throughout the night. He will go hours between coughing and is otherwise normal. What could be the cause of his cough?
My son is 10 months old. His birth weight is 2.25 kg. Now he is 8 kg. Is the weight normal? What food habit should I follow to increase the weight? Please.
Hi. My baby girl is 6 months old. She is not going to anyone except me (mom) and her dad. Not even going with her grandparents or any of our close relatives. She cries immediately and crying very hard if someone held up her. I was not able to take care all the time, but she is not happy with another. Please advise if this baby behaviour will change or not?
Stomach aches or abdominal pains are one of the most frequently reported health complaints faced by children. Children below the age of twelve are known to suffer from recurrent stomach pain. While pains such as these lead to momentary discomfiture, they also lay the path for graver worries if neglected for too long. Your child may feel sick and bunk school for two days; rest and home care can restore his or her health, but that in no way, is the best suited way of dealing with the situation. If tummy aches resurface over a certain period of time, parents should be cautious enough to look for the root cause and should try to eliminate it accordingly.
Widely noticed causes of stomach aches in children:
- Unhygienic food can affect the child’s digestive system.
- Intolerance to a certain food item should not be overlooked.
- Perpetual anxiety can make the tummy twist and turn.
- Urinary Tract Infections can also lead to acute abdominal pain.
- Serious factors such as gallstones or appendicitis could also be present. Immediate expert consultation is advised in such a case.
- Caffeine and packaged soft drinks can be harmful.
- Butter, ghee and other greasy products can trigger tummy aches.
Ways to treat tummy aches in children:
- Keep children away from gas producing food items: Food that is hard to digest should be avoided. Don’t let your child have too many nuts regularly.
- Keep them hydrated: Fluid intake should be monitored. A child should drink at least six to seven glasses of water per day. Fruit juices or soups can also be given to them alongside main meals. This helps digestion.
- Do not stack up food in one go: Eating a lot in one meal is a bad way of satisfying hunger. Have smaller meals in more numbers. Six to eight meals will keep your child full and will also eliminate chances of acid reflux which happens either due to an empty stomach or too much piling up of greasy food.
- Timely check - up with the doctor: If tummy aches refuse to go away, take your child to a doctor for a thorough check- up. Administer medicines as prescribed by the physician.
- Regular deworming every 6 month ensures a good appetite and well-being.