Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Leg Pain
Treatment of Knee Pain
Treatment of Acidity
Treatment of Hand Pain
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Swelling
Treatment of Hemorrhoids
Treatment of Shoulder Pain
Treatment of Kidney Stones
Treatment of Jaundice
Treatment of Foot Pain
Treatment of Lower Back Pain
Treatment of Bone Fracture
Treatment of Arm Pain
Treatment of Colic
Knee Pain Treatment
Submit a review for Krishna Super Speciality HospitalYour feedback matters!
With age, most bones of the body undergo degenerative changes leading to reduced movement. The cartilage that is present in the joints allowing free movement is gradually lost due to wear and tear. This loss of cartilage makes the movement painful. This can also be caused by obesity and trauma, but age is the most common cause. The reduced movement leads to weight gain, which further aggravates the osteoarthritis.
Hips are one of the most commonly affected areas of osteoarthritis. Especially with overweight people, hips are quite often affected. In most people, early diagnosis can help in arresting progress and even reverse changes. This will help avoid chronic use of pain medications and major surgical treatments for managing the osteoarthritis.
Some of the most effective ways of managing osteoarthritis include the following:
- Weight loss: Reducing weight is one the most important cornerstones of managing osteoarthritis. People who reduce weight will see a drastic improvement in their symptoms.
- Pain medications: Pain is one of the main reasons that people seek medical help and that is when the diagnosis is made. Therefore, for immediate relief, pain control is essential. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are often used to control pain. In parallel, other measures for long-term control of osteoarthritis should be undertaken.
- Cold therapy: Using cold packs in the area of pain can provide great relief from pain attacks.
- Electrotherapy: Use of mild amounts of electricity can stimulate the nerve endings, reduce pain, and help in pain control.
- Dry Needling: Dry needling is an effective and efficient technique for the treatment of arthritis pain. Dry needling or intramuscular stimulation (IMS) is extremely effective for relaxing overactive muscles, which contain trigger points. In simple terms, the treatment involves needling of a muscle's trigger points without injecting any substance.
- Soft tissue massage: The soft tissues around the affected hip joint are regularly massaged, augmented by the use of a topical agent, which can help relieve the pain. The circulation is also improved, which can help in long-term symptom management including improved immune functions.
- Regular exercise: A well-planned routine exercise regimen will help control pain, improve movement, reduce fatigue, improve endurance, and improve the overall quality of life. All affected tissues should be covered in the exercise bones, muscles and cartilage.
Using a combination of these techniques, the physiotherapy will aim to achieve the following.
- Pain relief and protection: The first thing to manage is the pain, which brings the patient to the doctor. Once that is controlled, then long-term management needs to be planned.
- Restoring hip movement and strength: Once the pain settles down, then the muscle strength, tension, endurance, and range of motion need to be worked upon. This restoration will be done in phases, and with each phase, greater range of motion will be achieved with lesser discomfort to the patient.
Physiotherapy uses various techniques to minimise symptoms and in some people, even complete reversal of changes is possible.
Dandruff or seborrhea refers to the flaky condition of your skin or scalp caused primarily due to fungus. It is a very common problem for young adults and middle aged people but can happen to any person regardless of age. Dandruff itself being an embarrassing problem, can also sometimes lead to other skin problems.
The following are a few skin problems that can crop up due to dandruff-
- Can cause pimples: If dandruff or the white flakes fall on your T-zone region very often, then it may lead to the break out of pimples on your skin.
- May result in pigmentation: The pimples which can happen due to dandruff can further lead to the problem of pigmentation. This condition leads to the appearance of unwanted black spots all over your face.
- Trigger eczema: Dandruff makes skin problems like eczema and psoriasis even worse. Eczema and psoriasis which causes itching of the skin can get severe due to dandruff.
- Rashes are also a possibility: Facial rashes can also develop due to dandruff. Often areas around the eyebrows, nose and ears get affected. Sometimes, in case of men, beard rashes also pop up.
- Chest rashes: Dandruff often falls all over your body.This can lead to the problem of chest rashes. This condition results in the appearance of red spots all around your chest region.
Dandruff can be a very distressing problem. If your skin type is oily, dandruff can make conditions far worse. Dandruff is such a problem that cannot be completely cured but can only be controlled. So, it is highly advisable to take preventive measures as soon as it is detected to avoid further problems.
I have rashes on my thighs when I am taking treatment it's cured but after one month again it's coming.
I'm 28 years female. I have taking skin hair removal laser treatment from last month, after 1st sitting I've facing under skin hair rashes and itching too. What should I do now?
I've been having carpel tunnel syndrome since last three years. It got better on its own a year back but now there is pain in the right phalangeal region which sometimes radiates to arms too. No tingling, numbness or swelling present. The pain is such that I can not do anything with my right hand even if its just picking up a filled bottle. Please suggest me a treatment for it except surgery. Thank you.
I have black spots as well as pimples on my back I used scar removal cream for 4 months but didn't see any changes. What should I do.
How can I cure blackheads, and I don't know why but my skin is getting very oily these days, doctor please help me.
Make a paste of cucumber, tomato and turmeric. Cucumber will give a cooling effect. Tomato gives a glow to skin due to lycopene and turmeric(haldi) will reduce tanning and give a fairer complexion. Use this mixture atleast twice a week, it will give wonderful results..
45 days ago my mom was suffering from high blood pressure and long period knee pain issue, she is also suffering from thyroid and blood sugar issue. Within 45 days she got a wound in her armpit. When we consult doctor they told us all issues from that wound, they referred to another wound specialist. 1 day before operation her sugar down to 25 to 30. Then a sugar recovered in icu and again told to remove wound first, so we visit referred hospital where a big operation is done within her breast and armpit. Now 30 days happen of operation and we are maintaining sugar level from being down few days ago blood pressure was going normal. But now a pain and a paralysis feel in her west started. We have gone through MRI and get some Neuro doctor's doc take whole spinal, limbs mri and ncv test something like ECG and told us on mri her waist clearly showing twisted but that is from 6-7 years ago, they also told some white substances in her spinal which may be bacterial or tuberculosis infections, my mom is taking aayurved medicine for recovering paralysis effects also taking Neuro medicine Etocox 120 - 1 time Icon-od - 1 time Rb _DSR -1 time Tryptomer 8 mg Also one injection of depomedrol 80 mg one day nitro 2.6 - 2 times ranolz 500 - 1 time dilzem 30 - 2 time ondem 4 - 2 time 1 hr before meal eltroxin 100 mg - 1 time before taking food in morning Mom thinks she is getting better slowly by ayurveda but reality is that she is taking ayurveda from 20 days but condition not improve she walks 2 month before common but now after operation complete she can walk 3 trip a room by Walker, also she feels spasm all time and pain continue until she take ultracet. - 1 time myodril 8 mg - 1 time Suggested by an ortho doctors My problem is don't know how much time she will take many types of medicine and when this pain end for us. Please help sir.
I take homeopathic medicine for hyperpigmentation. Can I drink lemon water during homeopathic treatment?
Ageing gracefully is a matter of taking care of the signs of ageing as they begin their advent over our skin, hair and body. While many people turn to the regular use of cosmetics and creams, there are others who go in for regular visits to the salon for various kinds of facials and other such methods. Yet, there are other long-term and more effective methods of dealing with these signs of ageing that may show up on the skin. With the advent of technology in this matter, we now have cosmetic surgery that can help you in dealing with these signs of ageing.
What is it about
This kind of surgery is usually carried out to correct the sagging skin of the forehead, which may eventually manifest as deep wrinkles. This surgery also takes care of the surrounding area like the eyelids and the eyebrows. It has been seen that many people go in for this kind of surgery when they are getting their nose fixed with a cosmetic procedure.
Procedure of Brow lift
There are two kinds of brow lifts that one can choose from, the classic brow lift and the endoscopic brow lift. While the classic lift involves one long cut that goes from your ear level across your hairline, the endoscopic lift needs a few shorter cuts in the scalp, through which a tiny camera may be inserted for the procedure. This involves better recovery and minimal scarring as well. Before the surgery, you may be asked to limit your use of painkillers, if you happen to take them on a regular basis. The doctor will also ask you make a few lifestyle changes where you need to give up smoking, in case you indulge in the same on a regular basis.
Recovery: After the procedure, you will need to keep plenty of ice on hand so that you may apply the same to bring down the pain and bruising. There will be some amount of redness that you may experience for a few days and weeks as well. The cosmetic surgeon may also prescribe some medicated ointments for application to the incisions. You will also have to keep your head elevated with the use of pillows so that you can recover faster. Also, your doctor will instruct you on how best you can change your bandages at home.
Make up: After a brow lift, you may want to use some amount of makeup to cover up the bruising and redness. Yet, you should stay away from these harsh chemicals and too many layers of makeup in order to, give your skin enough time to recover. A light powder will be sufficient to cover up the bruises and keep your skin comfortable. Use make up only a few weeks after the surgery.
Skin pigmentation refers to the discolouration of the skin in certain parts. The colouration of skin is attained on the basis of the concentration of a pigment called melanin present in the skin. This pigment is produced by specialised cells present in the skin. Some affect only patches of skin while the other pigmentation disorders can affect the whole body.
When melanin is produced in more quantity, it makes your skin darker. This can happen in cases of pregnancy, sun exposure and Addison’s disease. Under production of melanin causes your skin to get lighter. Vitiligo is a condition wherein patches of the skin are not able to produce melanin. Genetic disorders such as Albinism is characterised by the absence of the pigment melanin in the body.
Other things that can cause skin pigmentation are burns, blisters or infections.
The types of skin pigmentation are categorised as
On the basis of appearance and texture, skin pigmentation is differentiated as:
- Patches of lighter skin
- Areas on the face that have reddened
- Areas that are darker which may be rough to touch or feel
- Any area that has been darkened or becomes light caused by injuries, scratches or burns
Darkening of the skin can sometimes be spontaneous or it may occur due to environmental factors such as sun exposure or sometimes genetic issues.
- Melasma: This refers to the darkening of the skin on the face. It can happen to anyone. Women who are pregnant or take birth control pills are more likely to develop Melasma. Also women who live in more tropical climates are prone to developing Melasma.
- Birth Mark: It is a patch of usually darker skin that is present since birth and is generally life-long. They are usually harmful, but if more of those appear, then it is better to consult your dermatologist.
The most common reasons are infections or injuries. Although, the more severe conditions are-
- Vitiligo: It is characterised by the presence of patches of skin that are lighter than others. This occurs due to the malfunctioning of cells in a focal area that stop producing melanin. This can be serious and you must consult a dermatologist as soon as possible.
- Tinea Versicolour: The symptoms of these resemble Vitiligo, but it is actually a fungal infection that attacks the skin cells and causes discolouration.
The market is replete with various facial scrubs that are favoured by men and women of all ages. These are especially helpful if you are facing dust and pollution every day, or are exposed to the sun for prolonged hours. Using facial scrubs is a form of exfoliation that helps in rubbing the granules into the skin so as to remove dead cells and give the skin a more supple tone. Yet, too much use of facial scrubs can also lead to a variety of skin troubles. So, how can you tell if you are overdoing our facial scrubbing routine?
- Redness and Peeling of the Skin: When you over exfoliate or use facial scrubs too often, you may find redness on your skin due to the constant abrasive action. Also, you may experience too much of skin peeling and flaking due to the same reason, instead of a mere clean up of the dead skin cells. In such cases, you will need to halt your process of constant buffing.
- Products with Green Tea Extracts: Using tea tree oil or green extracts can help in better exfoliation with a gentle action on your skin. This can soothe the skin and even prevent skin cancer, as per a variety of scientific and medical studies. Licorice root extract as well as cucumber based scrubs can also help in making the skin softer.
- Inflammation: Inflammation is another sign that you may be overdoing your facial scrubbing routine. You can use a scrub with bisabobol which usually comes from Chamomile. This can help in reducing inflammation due to constant exfoliation and facial scrubbing.
- Scrubbing Gear: Using a washcloth to clear away those dead skin cells or a scrubber or brush can turn out to be too harsh for your soft facial skin to handle. You must restrict the use of these tools to about once a week so that your skin does not get too dehydrated or wear a scrubbed look which does not have a glow.
- Testing a New Product: Test a new scrub over a small patch of your skin before using it to watch out for tell tale signs like rashes or other eruptions. Also, when you are using a seed or dry fruits based scrub, you must limit the use and not rub it around the delicate areas of the eyes and mouth so that the skin does not get rubbed too much, which can leave it loose.
Using facial scrubs should be limited and used only when you feel like there is too much build up of dirt and grime.
I am having joint pains and unable to walk freely My age is 54 years. Doctors advised to get the et knee replacement. How many days it will take for me to walk without operation.
My age is 24, weight 65, hight 174 cm, I am facing GERD problem from last 2 years, I hav consulted so many doctors, it was nice while taking medicines after it ll get worse same, I do workout daily one hr, and I am taking protein supplements, I smoke occasionally and drink socially.
Osteoporosis is a commonly experienced condition where the bones tend to get thin and become hollow over time. This is a condition that is experienced mostly by people who are over the age of 50 years, and even more commonly by women who have been through menopause. Other risk factors include smoking as well as medication which can lead to such degenerative diseases as a side effect. Let us find out about living with osteoporosis and the many myths and facts surrounding the same:
- A Natural Part of Aging: This is a fact. While not everyone who ages will wind up with this condition, it is commonly experienced by patients who are growing old. One can resort to taking calcium supplements as well as plenty of Vitamin D in order to prevent the risk of fractures that are a common occurrence in such a condition where the bones become too hollow. Also, mild and moderate exercise will help the condition.
- Only Female Patients: This is a myth. While it is true that women form a major risk group when it comes to this condition, there are many men who also suffer from it. It has been demonstrated by various medical studies that one in every five men in the USA alone are prone to this condition. Furthermore, due to exercise, sports and other heavy manual work, young men are more likely to end up with a fractured bone than an aging woman.
- Worry only when you are Old: This is also a myth. One must remember that the major bone mass forms by the time a person hits the age of 18 to 20 years. This is the time when nutrition, exercise and lifestyles must be structured in a way that such troubles like osteoporosis will not follow you into the later years when your bones begin to age. Ample and strong bone mass nourished by proper habits, will help in preventing such conditions to a large extent.
- Fractures only happen if you Fall: This is another myth. It is important to keep in mind that living with a condition like osteoporosis means that you have to be vigilant at all times in your daily routine and other activities. Strain on the bones can also lead to fractures, and one does not necessarily have to fall down to get one. Leaning over too much can also lead to a fracture!
- You can feel the Degeneration: It is another myth that you can actually feel your bones getting weaker. Usually, there are no symptoms of this condition until it has progressed to a particularly painful stage in your life. The best way to find out if you are suffering from osteoporosis is by taking a bone density test.
One of the most significant glands in the male reproductive system is the prostate gland, which is responsible for carrying urine from the bladder. It is located right under the bladder and helps in production of semen which contains sperm.
Prostate cancer is a slow growing form of cancer that is rarely seen in men below the age of 50. It may occur due to both, genetic and environmental factors. Here is a list of measures that can help in preventing this ailment.
Food Intake and Weight: Apart from age, the major factor that contributes to the risk of prostate cancer includes food and weight. Doctors suggest that bringing down your intake of calcium and fat that comes from red meat and excess dairy can help in preventing the onset of this ailment. The calcium intake should not go beyond 1,500 mg per day, which is why doctors will usually ask you not to have supplements. Cooked tomatoes with olive oil as well as cruciferous vegetables including broccoli and cauliflower should be included as a vital part of one's diet, while fish should be taken regularly as it is a source of healthy or good fat like Omega-3 fatty acids. In general, you should have fewer calories which should be matched up with ample exercise so that a healthy weight and balance is maintained.
Stress and Blood Pressure: Stress and anxiety are also major reasons that contribute to the onset of this disease. One will need to see a doctor about high blood pressure, especially the kind that is triggered by stress and causes hypertension. Also, you must control your cholesterol and stay out of depression to ensure that your risk of developing prostate cancer reduces. Also, having these conditions along with prostate cancer makes the survival chances that much lower. So, you must get the right medication and treatment for these conditions as well.
Lifestyle: One will need to quit smoking, that can cause a number of ailments including prostate cancer. Also, drinking alcohol in moderation is required in order to have a healthier lifestyle and cut the chances of developing such ailments.
Screening: While your diet and other aspects may be right, there is still a great chance of developing prostate cancer, especially if anyone in your family has been afflicted with this condition in the past. Therefore, it is recommended to get an annual screening done so that you eliminate the chances of finding it out late, and can check the growth of any anomalies as soon as they take place. Getting regular checks ups done and getting diagnosed for the problem when the earliest symptoms begin to show are both crucial for prostate cancer.
Back pain is generally associated with problems related to bones at the back. The bones forming the back is known as vertebrae that form the human spine. The disc between the vertebrae absorbs shocks and allow spine flexibility. With advanced age and increasing wear and tear, the discs tend to become dry and break. The degeneration of the discs can lead to compressing of the nerve originating from the spinal cord. While disc prolapse can affect any part of the spine, the ones that are most vulnerable include lumbar disc and the cervical disc.
Common symptoms of this condition include lower back ache, sciatica etc. The pain from the back can get transported to arms, neck, leg etc. The homeopathic mode of treatment can be extremely beneficial for fixing disc prolapse. Since there are no side effects of homeopathy, this is the perfect choice for many patients.
Some typical symptoms that homeopathy can address:
Some of the typical symptoms that homeopathy can address include the following:
- A person suffering from lower back pain that increases while sitting but normalizes while in motion.
- The back pain increases while lifting weight.
- Stiffness is experienced around the lower back area.
- A person finding difficulty in bending the body.
- Increased thrust for water resulting in a more than required consumption of water.
- Dull pain in the lower back area leading to numbness.
- Sharp pain while getting up from a sitting position.
What are the possible causes of this condition?
There is no single reason for disc prolapse. It can occur due to wear and tear of the vertebrae, a nasty accident, aging, water limitation in the disc, weight lifting, prolonged wear and tear of the disc etc. The lumbar is the most vulnerable area that gets affected because of disc prolapse.
Advantages of homeopathic treatment
- The biggest advantage is the fact that there are no side effects of this mode of treatment.
- Homeopathy can repair the lumbar area from advanced level degradation.
- Homeopathy can treat the most stubborn disc prolapse irrespective of the condition.
- Chronic back pain can be treated with homeopathy better than any form of medicines.
What are the few important medicines of homeopathy to treat this condition?
- Rhus tox is prescribed to those patients who suffer from back ache or disc prolapse but get relief while in motion.
- Bryonia is referred to those patients whose pain gets normalized after sitting.
- Colocynth and Magnesium Phos are given to those who suffer from bulging of the disc leading to sciatica.
- Gnaphalium is referred to those patients who suffer from sciatica along with numbness.
Freckles are not always unwanted. While some people can't stand them, a few people find them cute. However, everybody loves clear skin and to achieve that it is essential to bid farewell to freckles. Freckles are tiny brown spots that are caused by an increased production of melanin in the skin cells.
People with sensitive skin are more prone to freckles than others. If you're looking for a way to get clearer skin, here are a few remedies to help you deal with freckles:
- Use sunscreen: The first step towards fighting freckles is to prevent them. Freckles are a result of exposure to the sun and hence using a good sunscreen every day is a must. Choose a sunscreen that fights both UVA and UVB rays. The more your exposure to the sun, the higher the amount of SPF needed.
- Bleach them with lemon juice: Lemon juice is the best form of natural bleach. Apply freshly squeezed juice or bottled lime juice onto the skin and leave for 15*20 minutes. Do this twice a day to see your freckles fade. Along with bleaching the skin, the citric acid also helps tighten the skin and makes you look younger.
- Increase your intake of vitamin C: Vitamin C helps lighten the skin. Apart from the limes and lemons, kiwis, tomatoes, bell peppers and papaya are good sources of vitamin C.
- Use sour milk and sour cream: Sour milk and sour cream contain lactic acid that inhibits melanin production and lighten the skin. Wash your face with sour milk three to four times a day. You may rinse your face with water a little while after each sour milk wash. Apply the sour cream on your face as a mask and leave on for 15*20 minutes. This will help your skin absorb the lactic acid.
- Mask them with honey: Apply a mixture of honey and warm water over the freckles. Let it sit for a while and then rinse with lukewarm water. Follow this by rinsing your face with cold water. Alternatively, you could try a mask of honey and yogurt. Leave this mask on for at least half an hour.
- Try a fruit peel: Along with eating them, you could also put fruit directly on your skin to fight freckles. Blend fruits like strawberries, papaya, pineapple and cucumber and apply it on your face. As it dries the top layer of skin sticks to the fruit and is peeled off. With repeated use, you will notice your freckles fade away.
Vitiligo is a long term skin condition characterized by patches of the skin losing their pigment. The patches of skin affected become white and usually have sharp margins. The hair from the skin may also become white. Although this disease is not life threatening or contagious, the disfigurement of vitiligo can be devastating to its sufferers, especially the ones with darker skin tone.
There are certain treatment options that can help.
- Topical preparations of immune suppressing medications, creams and steroids are considered to be first-line vitiligo treatments.
- Next option is to expose the affected skin to UVB lamps with the phototherapy treatment at home or get the Ultra violet (UVA) treatment at a hospital.
- In extreme cases of extensive vitiligo the option to de-pigment the unaffected skin may be considered to render the skin an even colour.
- However, in mild cases, vitiligo patches can be hidden with makeup or other cosmetic camouflage solutions. If the affected person is pale skinned, the patches can be made less visible by avoiding tanning of the unaffected skin.
Camouflage Treatment In Vitiligo
Camouflage is derived from the French word, ‘Camoufler’ which means ‘to blind’ or ‘veil’. Also known as protective concealment, it means to disguise an object in plain view, for the purpose of concealing it from something or someone. Cosmetic camouflage is the application of make-up creams and/or powders to conceal color or contour irregularities or abnormalities of the face or body. It was pioneered during the Second World War to help pilots who were badly burnt by making use of plastic surgery and camouflage cream. These creams did not camouflage the person but were used to conceal blemishes on the skin so that they were not obvious. This kind of remedial cosmetic skin camouflage is defined as being the ‘the art of concealing a discoloration, blemish or scar with the application of specialist camouflage creams that are matched to the surrounding skin tone.’ Nowadays, it is used to conceal abnormalities from various dermatological disorders, especially vitiligo.
Types of Camouflage
Camouflage may be permanent or temporary.
- Remedial cosmetic cover creams help conceal the blemish of vitiligo at least temporarily. A high concentration of pigment is incorporated into water–free or anhydrous foundations to give a color that matches the patient’s skin, thereby concealing vitiligo patches.
- Permanent camouflage is obtained with a cosmetic tattoo. Unlike pigments used for ritual or symbolic tattoos, cosmetic tattoos are inert iron oxides that are available in more than 15 shades. The color is implanted into the dermal layer with specialized techniques and cannot be washed off.
Camouflage improves the appearance of the individual, as the focus is no longer on the discoloration that the person wishes to hide, thereby improving their confidence and self-esteem. This makes camouflage the most popular treatment option in vitilgo. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.