Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Physiotherapists online in Kannur. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Sreejith Sp
Submit a review for Sreejith SpYour feedback matters!
I have Tingling & Numbness in Hands, Fingers, Feet, Legs and Arms once in month some time repeat in 15 days due to which my hand is banding and it pain so please help me what should be done.
I had a fracture in my left foot on dec 29 2014. After consultation the doctor I came to know that its due to osteoporosis. I have been using medicines from then but the result is nothing and it pains like hell I can't even walk as it pains throughout my foot. I am 92 kg weighed. Pls help me.
Dear sir/ mam I having shoulder pain. Some time while i play Badminton when i take force from my shoulder. In winters i took some heat and feel much better can u please help and tell some exercise or medicine and tell me why this happening to me?
The knee is the largest joint in the human body and is a complex structure formed of bone, muscle and cartilage. Development of pain in the knees can be caused by numerous factors such as aging, injuries, diseases, dietary deficiencies, etc.
Arthritis is the most common cause of knee pain and usually affects the elderly and aged. It occurs due to an inflammation of the joint and causes pain, swelling, redness and inflexibility of the knees.
What are the factors that determine treatment method?
Diagnosis for knee pain varies from patient to patient as each case is different and must be approached differently. Some of the factors that determine the treatment method are as follows:
- Cause of the problem
- Nature and intensity of pain
- Age of the patient
- Medical history of the patient
- Diet and lifestyle of the patient
There are a number of different types of arthritis which can affect the knees in different ways and, consequently, require different types of treatment methods.
What are the various treatment methods for knee pain?
1. Conventional Remedies - These are used in case of conditions that are not too severe or chronic. It includes keeping on bed rest, using an ice pack, taking a painkiller and anti-inflammatory medicines, wearing knee braces, etc.
2. Physical Therapy - There are many stretching and strengthening exercise routines that help alleviate knee pain and treat the condition. Recovery is achieved by making the muscles around the knees stronger and increasing stability and flexibility.
3. Injections to the Knees - A number of anti-inflammatory substances and supplements, as well as lubricants, can be injected into the knee joint which helps reduce pain and makes the joint more supple.
4. Stem Cell Therapy - This involves drawing platelets from the patient's blood and injecting it into the knee joint for repairing damage caused to ligaments, tendons or cartilage.