Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Kangra and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Naveen SharmaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Naveen Sharma to be very helpful. Thank u soo much sir.. But i need a doctor who is available in my area tat means Bangalore.
Dr. Naveen Sharma provides answers that are very helpful and knowledgeable. Very useful information thanks doctor
Very helpful and knowledgeable. Thank you so much Sir for satisfied response
Meri fasting ke sugar 102 thi uske baad mane 1 bowl rice liya, 1 glass milk with proteinix ,phir uske 2 hr baad check ke 139 aaye kya mujhe diabites hai agar hai tho kya mesicine le please pescribe me.
I am 46 years Male from last 4 months suffering from Uric Acid problem. At time of wake up my legs below knee and and palm of both the hands are very much paining.
After eating mutton I had severe food poisoning along with high fever 105. I took 1 calpol tab, pantocid dsr and rab 20. From yesterday afternoon onwards I started having loose motions fully watery and till today I had seven to 8 times. Took 4 tab metrogyl 6 hourly but no improvement. As I am taking levipil for neurocysticercosis I was prohibited to take medicines like ofloxacin, cifloxacin and similar medicines ending with -in. There is continuing burping inside stomach. What to do.
In modern days, migraine has become a common disease that affects the young and the old equally. Migraine as such cannot be cured, but improving lifestyle and Ayurvedic medication can help you keep this disease under control and improve your quality of life.
What is Migraine?
Migraine, commonly known as Sooryavarta in Ayurveda, is a medical condition in which the excessive stimulation of the blood vessels in the brain causes a throbbing pain on one side of the head and is associated with nausea, sensitivity and vomiting. This happens because the vomiting centre of the brain gets activated during an episode. These symptoms are the most common signs; however, it varies from person to person.
What Causes Migraines?
These headaches worsen upon sunrise and it is at its peak at noon, when the sun is at its highest intensity and slowly subsides on sunset. This is one of the major factors in setting in an episode; it is not true in every case.
The other triggers that cause migraine attacks according to Ayurveda are:
- Spicy and oily food
- Stress, anger, grief, jealousy
- Suppressed emotions or natural urges
- Consumption of too much of dry, salty and pungent food
- Consuming polluted food
General triggers may include:
- Smoking and drinking
- Physical stress and exercise
- Fluctuation in hormone levels during the menstrual cycle or the use of birth control pills
- Stopping intake of tea or coffee suddenly
- Stress to sensory organs in the form of bright noises, bright lights, strong perfumes or odours etc.
Certain foods or beverages may also trigger an episode of migraine. These include baked foods, chocolates, processed foods, spicy foods, onions, dairy products and peanuts. These kinds of foods are known to suddenly increase Kapha dosha or Pitta Dosha and as a result, trigger an attack.
Symptoms of Migraine
It is usually characterised by a stinging, throbbing pain on one side of the head and is followed by nausea and vomiting. Some people may get visual aberrations called an aura- such as blind spots, blurred visions, distorted lines etc.
Ayurvedic medications that can help migraine are:
- Indian licorice – Glycyrrhiza glabra
- Sariva – Hemidesmus indicus
- Hareetaki – Chebulic myrobalan-Terminalia chebula
- Amalaki – amala – Emblica officinalis
- Mallika – Jasminum officinale
- Hareetaki – Chebulic myrobalan-Terminalia chebula
- Bala – Sida cordifolia
- Kumari – Aloe vera
- Sariva – Hemidesmus indicus
Simple home remedies useful in migraine:
- Tender leaves of jasmine or tender leaves of pomegranate are taken along with a pinch of salt and crushed well to obtain fresh juice. Early in the morning, preferably in empty stomach, 2-3 drops of this fresh juice is instilled to both the nostrils. Procedure is repeated once again evening hours (6-7 pm). This reduces the severity of headache in migraine.
- One fist full of Doorva grass (cynodan dactylon) is taken and its fresh juice is obtained. To this, 2 pinch of licorice powder is added and mixed well. This is consumed during the noon hours. Procedure is repeated for 20-30 days. This helps to reduce the severity of illness significantly.
- Take coriander seed powder – 1 teaspoon. add it to one cup of water, leave it as it is at night, next day morning, drink it on empty stomach.
- Soak 5 raisins and 5 almonds in water at night, next day morning, eat them.
I am 31 years old, discontinued my 8 months daughter's feed. I am wearing a tight fit bra but still my feed is not drying since last week. Why is this taking too long? Also do I need to worry? How long it may take fr the feed to dry n pain free breast?
In simple words, lymphoma is cancer of the lymphatic system. It begins in the infection-fighting cells of the body called the lymphocytes. Lymphocytes can be found in lymph nodes, spleen, thymus gland in the neck, bone marrow and other parts of our bodies.
Lymphoma means that the lymphocytes change and divide recklessly. There are two main types of lymphoma-
- Non-Hodgkin: The most common type of lymphoma.
Non-Hodgkin and Hodgkin lymphoma each affect a different kind of lymphocyte or white blood cell.
There is a different treatment modality for both these different types of lymphomas as the affected cells are different and so is their rate of growth. Even though lymphatic cancer is very common, it’s easily treatable. Timely diagnosis and proper treatment off course are very important. Its causes can be diverse like genetics, a weak immune system, diseases like celiac, lupus or rheumatoid arthritis, infections with certain viruses, age over 60 and gender- men are more prone to getting lymphomas.
Symptoms and warning signs
- Swollen glands in the neck, armpit, or groin
- Persistent cough
- Night sweats
- Weight loss
- Shortness of breath
- Stomach pain
The treatment depends on the kind of lymphoma one has and how far the cancer has spread. The treatments for non-Hodgkin lymphoma are-
- Chemotherapy which uses certain drugs to destroy cancer cells.
- Radiation therapy uses high-energy rays to kill cancer cells.
- Immunotherapy uses the body's own immune system to kill cancer cells.
The common treatments for Hodgkin lymphoma are:
- Radiation therapy
Traditional medicine systems like Acupressure and Ayurveda are used as complementary systems to bring relief from the cancer.
- Cupressure is used to drain the lymph nodes affected with lymphoma.
- Triphala, a common Ayurvedic remedy is being investigated to understand its killing effects on lymphoma cells in the body. It has also been seen to ‘regress’ tumours in animal studies. Hence, Triphala is a potent anti-cancer Ayurvedic drug.
Ayurvedic herbal drugs are used to treat the lymphatic system of the patient, so that it produces normal cells. Ayurvedic Panch tikta grut can pacify the lymphatic system whereas other herbs enhance the immune system and reduce inflammation.
- Green tea has also been shown to have phytonutrients called catechins, which have anticancer properties.
- Curcumin extracted from turmeric is also able to kill human lymphoma cells. It also makes chemotherapy and radiotherapy work better against the cancer while protecting normal cells.
- Mistletoe extract is also a powerful immune-modulator.
- Carrots and broccoli also show a number of benefits when included in the diet of someone suffering from cancer.
- Foods rich in beta carotene which means vegetables and fruits of different colours have high antioxidant content which supports healing.
- Chyawan prash is very useful during chemotherapy. One must avoid Sugar.
What is allergic rhinitis?
Allergic rhinitis is defined as allergic symptoms in the nasal passage. Allergic rhinitis can be seasonal (occurring during specific seasons) or perennial (occurring year round). The allergens that most commonly cause seasonal allergic rhinitis include pollens from trees, grasses and weeds, as well as spores from fungi and moulds. The allergens that most commonly cause perennial allergic rhinitis are house dust mites, cockroaches, animal dander and fungi or moulds. Perennial allergic rhinitis tends to be more difficult to treat.
How does allergic rhinitis occur ?
This condition occurs when allergens (allergy- causing substances) come into contact with the nose, and usually also the ears, sinuses, and the throat. When allergens come in contact with the lining of the nose and sinuses, they trigger the cells to release the chemical histamine, which causes the allergy symptoms described below.
What are the symptoms ?
- Nasal congestion
- Watery " runny nose"
- Itchy eyes,nose,or throat
- Puffy eyes or 'allergic shiners'
- Post nasal drip
These symptoms may occur during a certain season or year long. They can occur at any age.
Risk factors for allergic rhinitis
Allergies can affect anyone, but you’re more likely to develop allergic rhinitis if your family has a history of allergies. Some external factors can trigger or worsen this condition, including:
- cigarette smoke
- cold temperatures
- air pollution
- wood smoke
Ayurvedic concept of rhinitis:
As per Ayurveda, Allergic rhinitis is compared with Vata- Kaphaja pratishaya. The concept of Ama, Asatmya and virudh aahara also predict the allergic conditions.
Ama is the product of impaired digestion and metabolism. It affects Rasa and Rakta Dhatu leading to manifestation of Pratishyaya. Wrong food combinations (Virudh aahar) having antagonist properties like fish with milk, fruit juice with milk, clarified butter with honey, ice cream after night meals, etc. leads to allergy.
Ayurveda believes in balancing the three doshas present in the human body, thus treating the disease on the whole. Treatment involves clearing the sinuses and expelling phlegm, alleviating the relevant dosha and detoxification. To permanently resolve this disorder, dietary and lifestyle adjustments may be necessary in addition to the strengthening of the immune system. Panchakarma is an effective means of treating Allergic Rhinitis.
Ayurvedic treatment for allergic rhinitis:
- If the symptoms are severe and in chronic conditions, Vamana Panchakarma treatment, followed by Virechana is administered. This helps to relieve Ama and balance Tridosha.
- In some cases, where the patient has normal digestion strength, Nasya treatment (nasal drops therapy) is administered with herbal oils such as Anu taila or Shadbindu Taila.
- After the above Panchakarma treatments, Ayurvedic medicines are administered to improve respiratory immunity and strength of upper respiratory tract.
Useful Ayurvedic medicines in treating allergic rhinitis:
- Nimbarajanyadi tablet – Contains neem and turmeric as main ingredients.
- Chavikasavam – Fermented Ayurvedic liquid, also used in urinary tract disorders.
- Mahalaxmi Vilas Ras – Also useful in the treatment of skin diseases, diabetes, Sinus, non healing wounds, etc.
Other medicines: Narada lakshmi vilas rasa, Anand bhairava rasa, tribhuvan kirti rasa, shringarabharaka rasa, Mayur shringa bhasma, Abhraka bhasma, Lavangadi pills, Sitopaladi choorna, Marichayadi yoga, vyoshadi pills, Khadiradi pills are suggested.
- Take – Light food, lukewarm water, Kapha nashaka foods like little spicy food, saindhav salt, legumes, soups etc.
- Avoid – heavy food, fermented food, congestive food, too hot or too cold food, soar food, non vegetarian food, sweets, banana, curd, yogurt, ice creams, deserts, cakes, yellow grams, etc.
Hi, Recently I have taken blood test in that I have seen some of my reports are little bit high, TOTAL CHOLESTEROL PHOTOMETRY 204 mg/dl 125-200 HDL CHOLESTEROL - DIRECT PHOTOMETRY 34 mg/dl 35-80 LDL CHOLESTEROL - DIRECT PHOTOMETRY 127 mg/dl 85-130 TRIGLYCERIDES PHOTOMETRY 266 mg/dl 25-200 TC/ HDL CHOLESTEROL RATIO CALCULATED 6 Ratio 3 - 5 LDL / HDL RATIO CALCULATED 3.8 Ratio 1.5-3.5 VLDL CHOLESTEROL CALCULATED 53.2 mg/dl 5 - 40 NON-HDL CHOLESTEROL CALCULATED 170.1 mg/dl < 160 could you please suggest how should I take care of these things. Regards, Vinod.
I am feeling a kind of pain in my throat from last two days and there is no coughing and vomiting but I feel like something has struck in throat and it's not clearing out. I am scared that is this the symptoms related throat cancer since I smoke. please will you guide me on this problem and suggestions on this. Is it normal sore throat or symptom of throat cancer and I don't find any swallow around my neck please advice me on that ASAP.
Hi. I am suffering from typhoid last 2 years .but till now I am facing many problems like cold .eat. Recently I check my blood but result is ok. Check liver also ok. But till I have problem .what I ll do.
Hi, My mom have back pain and cough fever from two days, she was suffering from cold and fever from last two weeks, we consulted with doctor and found their may be lung/respiratory tract infection so please advice on course of action.
‘Kidney stones’ is a disorder of the urinary tract wherein stones form in the kidney. This happens when solid particles in the urine become concentrated; the solid particles mostly being acid and mineral salts. This disorder can affect any part of the urinary tract: from the bladder to the kidneys. The treatment for this disorder is designed depending on the severity of your symptoms.
Once affected by this disorder, pain in the lower abdominal region will be common. The pain may get aggravated when you urinate. You may also exhibit symptoms of vomiting, nausea and a constant urge to urinate. Hematuria (presence of blood in the urine) is another symptom common to this disorder.
There is no single known cause for kidney stones. These stones occur when certain solid particles such as uric acid and calcium are present in the urine in large amounts. However, certain factors that increase the risk of kidney stones are:
- Family history of kidney stones
- Lack of sufficient water in the body or dehydration
- Eating foods which are loaded with sugar and salts
Ayurvedic remedies for kidney stones are natural and free from side effects. Apart from relieving the symptoms, they also help in improving your overall well-being. These remedies balance the various doshas in the body and thus, lead to improved functioning of the abdominal organs. The Ayurvedic remedies for kidney stones are
- Stay hydrated: Staying hydrated is the basic you can do to either prevent kidney stones or treating the condition. Dehydration is one of the most important causes for the formation of kidney stones.
- Avoid certain foods: You need to avoid consumption of certain foods such as apples, tomatoes and cheese which increase the risks of kidney stones.
- Exercise on a regular basis: You need to chalk down and stick to an exercise regimen to keep your weight at optimal levels. Remember that obesity is a major contributor to kidney stones. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you canconsult an ayurveda.