Dr. Naveen Sharma, a renowned Ayurveda specialist of Kangra, Himachal Pradesh, currently attends to his patients at the Atharva Ayurdhama Multispeciality Ayurvedic Treatment Center. His clinic timings are 9 am to 1 pm and from 3 pm to 7:30 pm.
Dr. Sharma has gained a lot of popularity as a successful Ayurvedic specialist. He has an experience of 10 years. He has completed his education at Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore with a bachelor degree in Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS). Previously, he was an assistant physician at Vaidya Chandra Prakash Cancer Research Foundation, Dehradun. He also holds a professional membership with AYUSH. The specific skills and interests of Dr. Sharma include cancer, liver disorders, autoimmune disorders, liver disorders, lifestyle disorders, migraine, hair fall, PCOD (Polycystic Ovarian Disease) lifestyle and Swarn Prashan (Ayurveda immunization). He is highly competent in his field of expertise and his patients have been found to be content and satisfied with his treatment.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Naveen SharmaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I was in too much pain because of headaches, but even after consulting a number of doctors, I was not getting any relief. I was having very bad thoughts regarding my headaches.Dr Naveen Sharma ensures that he gives enough time to each patient. I was quite concerned, as my health was degrading day by day, but due to his headaches treatment, I am cured from the problem.
Dr Naveen Sharma is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. The guidance of Dr Naveen Sharma gave me has helped me immensely with my hair care. I needed to consult Dr Naveen Sharma who can suggest me the best for my hair care. Overall hair care was very effective. I have consulted so many doctors but Dr Naveen suggestion was the best.
I was having dark Skin issue. drNaveen Sharma is one of the best physicians in city.The nurses at the clinic were really helpful. The Athrava Ayurdhama in Kangra was equipped with various facilities.I have consulted so many doctors but nobody till now was able to solve my problem properly, until i consulted him.
I consulted dr Naveen Sharma an ayurvedic doctor at Athrava Ayurdhama in Bengaluru because of my acne problem which always persisted. The treatment is worth the time and money. Its amazing.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Naveen Sharma to be very helpful. Thank u soo much sir.. But i need a doctor who is available in my area tat means Bangalore.
Dr. Naveen Sharma provides answers that are very helpful and knowledgeable. Very useful information thanks doctor
Very helpful and knowledgeable. Thank you so much Sir for satisfied response
Dr. Naveen Sharma provides answers that are sensible. Sensible
Very helpful. He would listen to your problems patiently.
Skin allergies are often indicated by redness, scaly, itchy, chapped or bumpy skin. These may occur due to a variety of factors. Usually, when an allergen or a foreign element comes in contact with skin, it triggers an immune system response leading to an allergic skin condition. Other factors may include climatic changes like heat and cold, infections, cosmetics, specific foods or even medications resulting in Skin Allergies. Often, mild skin allergies do not sustain for long even if these are not treated. However, to get relief from the pain and added discomfort caused by these skin allergies, these home remedies are a lot easier and safe bet.
1. Cool down the itch
Use typical ice packs or cold running water over the infected part to treat itching. Using a cold water cloth over infected area relieves from suffering. Do not try using hot water as it relaxes in the beginning but makes the condition worse later.
2. Scare the scar
Aloe Vera is the best bet in almost all skin ailments due to its remarkable anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties. Regular oral intake of 2-4 teaspoons of aloe vera gel or the application of its pulp on areas of dark spots or scars eradicates scars and rashes from the face and other skin areas.
3. Act on Acne with Apple Cider
The best option to treat the most irritating yet much prevalent skin ailment is Apple Cider Vinegar. Add one part of apple cider vinegar to three parts of water. Mix it well. Use cotton balls to apply this solution on acne directly and leave it for 10-15 minutes. Then rinse with water. Apply this three times a day to seek optimum results.
4. Coconut Oil sways away Eczema
First, wash your hands with utmost care. Then, pat them dry. Use your fingers to slowly rub the coconut oil on the affected area. Leave it for some time to get it dry. Use it as many times as you want to get the benefits. Actually, application of this oil on the affected portion is recommended for longer duration for best results.
5. Bye-Bye to rashes with Baking Soda
Baking Soda is to be applied on the rashes directly. Then, to get better results, press the skin softly and see the rashes disappear soon.
Infertility is a medical condition which is characterised by problems in successful conception, even after prolonged and frequent unprotected sex amongst a couple. Infertility may occur due to problems with either the male, the female partner and in many cases both of them. This condition can cause much strife in a relationship not just within the individuals but also be a cause for social embarrassment. The causes of infertility could be-
Testicular injury or deformed testis,
Irregular menstrual periods,
Problems with erections,
Uterus is ill-shaped,
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome,
Scanty sperm count,
Blockage of the fallopian tube.
Ayurveda and Infertility-
According to Ayurvedic scriptures, infertility occurs when there is a deficiency of nutrients in the Shukra Dhatu of an individual. This might occur as a result of indigestion and excessive toxic content in the human body. This could be caused due to excessive consumption of spicy foods or if they have chronic stress or anxiety. The Ayurvedic remedies boost the nutrition of the Shukra Dhatu in order to boost fertility. The most potent Ayurvedic herbs which can cure infertility are as follows:
A prescribed consumption of the powder of dried banyan bark along with sugar might help to cure infertility.
The inclusion of cumin and turmeric powder in regulated dosages in your daily food might also help to facilitate fertility.
A consumption of the root of the herb Ashwagandha for 3 times a day has also been shown to be beneficial.
A daily consumption of the powder of Vanari Kalpa in warm milk might help in curing any problems related to the ejaculation of semen.
Consuming a mixture of the powder of Vrushya vati in warm milk, it might help to increase the sperm count.
The consumption of Ayurvedic preparation of phalasarpi (a mixture of the herbs Kustha, manjistha, Triphala, tagara, haldi etc.) might help to deal with the problems of infertility in women.
Yoga also has many effective asanas or poses which help boost both male and female fertility and thus may help in correcting infertility caused due to physical factors such as injuries or deformities.
M 20 years old female. Suffering from acidity for 1-2 year. Didn't take any medicine. Tell me home remedies for this plz.
Cervical spondylitis found on January 2017, physiotherapy is also done for 2 months, but problem remain same of neck pain stiffness, head spinning, headache etc.
My feet are swollen after I came back from a trek. Its been 2 days since the trek and the swelling has not subsided.
Hi I am 42 years old. My near sight vision is 1.25 ,pls suggest me how I can improve my eyesight give any best solution for proper eyesight. Any ayurvedic or home remedy treatment. Thanks.
I'm 32 years old I get cold and then throat infection left ear to the neck it get swollen .when I move neck it pains have consulted ent he checked thoroughly but nothing said it's allergic cold .it happens but this time I feel feverish and full left side to neck pains .kindly suggest I'm on cetrizine.
Hi I am suffering from acidity problem since 4 years I am on medication taking nexpro 20 now days I want to get rid of the medicine please tell me what should I do.
I am 46 years Male from last 4 months suffering from Uric Acid problem. At time of wake up my legs below knee and and palm of both the hands are very much paining.
After eating mutton I had severe food poisoning along with high fever 105. I took 1 calpol tab, pantocid dsr and rab 20. From yesterday afternoon onwards I started having loose motions fully watery and till today I had seven to 8 times. Took 4 tab metrogyl 6 hourly but no improvement. As I am taking levipil for neurocysticercosis I was prohibited to take medicines like ofloxacin, cifloxacin and similar medicines ending with -in. There is continuing burping inside stomach. What to do.
In modern days, migraine has become a common disease that affects the young and the old equally. Migraine as such cannot be cured, but improving lifestyle and Ayurvedic medication can help you keep this disease under control and improve your quality of life.
What is Migraine?
Migraine, commonly known as Sooryavarta in Ayurveda, is a medical condition in which the excessive stimulation of the blood vessels in the brain causes a throbbing pain on one side of the head and is associated with nausea, sensitivity and vomiting. This happens because the vomiting centre of the brain gets activated during an episode. These symptoms are the most common signs; however, it varies from person to person.
What Causes Migraines?
These headaches worsen upon sunrise and it is at its peak at noon, when the sun is at its highest intensity and slowly subsides on sunset. This is one of the major factors in setting in an episode; it is not true in every case.
The other triggers that cause migraine attacks according to Ayurveda are:
- Spicy and oily food
- Stress, anger, grief, jealousy
- Suppressed emotions or natural urges
- Consumption of too much of dry, salty and pungent food
- Consuming polluted food
General triggers may include:
- Smoking and drinking
- Physical stress and exercise
- Fluctuation in hormone levels during the menstrual cycle or the use of birth control pills
- Stopping intake of tea or coffee suddenly
- Stress to sensory organs in the form of bright noises, bright lights, strong perfumes or odours etc.
Certain foods or beverages may also trigger an episode of migraine. These include baked foods, chocolates, processed foods, spicy foods, onions, dairy products and peanuts. These kinds of foods are known to suddenly increase Kapha dosha or Pitta Dosha and as a result, trigger an attack.
Symptoms of Migraine
It is usually characterised by a stinging, throbbing pain on one side of the head and is followed by nausea and vomiting. Some people may get visual aberrations called an aura- such as blind spots, blurred visions, distorted lines etc.
Ayurvedic medications that can help migraine are:
- Indian licorice – Glycyrrhiza glabra
- Sariva – Hemidesmus indicus
- Hareetaki – Chebulic myrobalan-Terminalia chebula
- Amalaki – amala – Emblica officinalis
- Mallika – Jasminum officinale
- Hareetaki – Chebulic myrobalan-Terminalia chebula
- Bala – Sida cordifolia
- Kumari – Aloe vera
- Sariva – Hemidesmus indicus
Simple home remedies useful in migraine:
- Tender leaves of jasmine or tender leaves of pomegranate are taken along with a pinch of salt and crushed well to obtain fresh juice. Early in the morning, preferably in empty stomach, 2-3 drops of this fresh juice is instilled to both the nostrils. Procedure is repeated once again evening hours (6-7 pm). This reduces the severity of headache in migraine.
- One fist full of Doorva grass (cynodan dactylon) is taken and its fresh juice is obtained. To this, 2 pinch of licorice powder is added and mixed well. This is consumed during the noon hours. Procedure is repeated for 20-30 days. This helps to reduce the severity of illness significantly.
- Take coriander seed powder – 1 teaspoon. add it to one cup of water, leave it as it is at night, next day morning, drink it on empty stomach.
- Soak 5 raisins and 5 almonds in water at night, next day morning, eat them. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I am 31 years old, discontinued my 8 months daughter's feed. I am wearing a tight fit bra but still my feed is not drying since last week. Why is this taking too long? Also do I need to worry? How long it may take fr the feed to dry n pain free breast?
In simple words, lymphoma is cancer of the lymphatic system. It begins in the infection-fighting cells of the body called the lymphocytes. Lymphocytes can be found in lymph nodes, spleen, thymus gland in the neck, bone marrow and other parts of our bodies.
Lymphoma means that the lymphocytes change and divide recklessly. There are two main types of lymphoma-
- Non-Hodgkin: The most common type of lymphoma.
Non-Hodgkin and Hodgkin lymphoma each affect a different kind of lymphocyte or white blood cell.
There is a different treatment modality for both these different types of lymphomas as the affected cells are different and so is their rate of growth. Even though lymphatic cancer is very common, it’s easily treatable. Timely diagnosis and proper treatment off course are very important. Its causes can be diverse like genetics, a weak immune system, diseases like celiac, lupus or rheumatoid arthritis, infections with certain viruses, age over 60 and gender- men are more prone to getting lymphomas.
Symptoms and warning signs
- Swollen glands in the neck, armpit, or groin
- Persistent cough
- Night sweats
- Weight loss
- Shortness of breath
- Stomach pain
The treatment depends on the kind of lymphoma one has and how far the cancer has spread. The treatments for non-Hodgkin lymphoma are-
- Chemotherapy which uses certain drugs to destroy cancer cells.
- Radiation therapy uses high-energy rays to kill cancer cells.
- Immunotherapy uses the body's own immune system to kill cancer cells.
The common treatments for Hodgkin lymphoma are:
- Radiation therapy
Traditional medicine systems like Acupressure and Ayurveda are used as complementary systems to bring relief from the cancer.
- Cupressure is used to drain the lymph nodes affected with lymphoma.
- Triphala, a common Ayurvedic remedy is being investigated to understand its killing effects on lymphoma cells in the body. It has also been seen to ‘regress’ tumours in animal studies. Hence, Triphala is a potent anti-cancer Ayurvedic drug.
Ayurvedic herbal drugs are used to treat the lymphatic system of the patient, so that it produces normal cells. Ayurvedic Panch tikta grut can pacify the lymphatic system whereas other herbs enhance the immune system and reduce inflammation.
- Green tea has also been shown to have phytonutrients called catechins, which have anticancer properties.
- Curcumin extracted from turmeric is also able to kill human lymphoma cells. It also makes chemotherapy and radiotherapy work better against the cancer while protecting normal cells.
- Mistletoe extract is also a powerful immune-modulator.
- Carrots and broccoli also show a number of benefits when included in the diet of someone suffering from cancer.
- Foods rich in beta carotene which means vegetables and fruits of different colours have high antioxidant content which supports healing.
- Chyawan prash is very useful during chemotherapy. One must avoid Sugar.
What is allergic rhinitis?
Allergic rhinitis is defined as allergic symptoms in the nasal passage. Allergic rhinitis can be seasonal (occurring during specific seasons) or perennial (occurring year round). The allergens that most commonly cause seasonal allergic rhinitis include pollens from trees, grasses and weeds, as well as spores from fungi and moulds. The allergens that most commonly cause perennial allergic rhinitis are house dust mites, cockroaches, animal dander and fungi or moulds. Perennial allergic rhinitis tends to be more difficult to treat.
How does allergic rhinitis occur ?
This condition occurs when allergens (allergy- causing substances) come into contact with the nose, and usually also the ears, sinuses, and the throat. When allergens come in contact with the lining of the nose and sinuses, they trigger the cells to release the chemical histamine, which causes the allergy symptoms described below.
What are the symptoms ?
- Nasal congestion
- Watery " runny nose"
- Itchy eyes,nose,or throat
- Puffy eyes or 'allergic shiners'
- Post nasal drip
These symptoms may occur during a certain season or year long. They can occur at any age.
Risk factors for allergic rhinitis
Allergies can affect anyone, but you’re more likely to develop allergic rhinitis if your family has a history of allergies. Some external factors can trigger or worsen this condition, including:
- cigarette smoke
- cold temperatures
- air pollution
- wood smoke
Ayurvedic concept of rhinitis:
As per Ayurveda, Allergic rhinitis is compared with Vata- Kaphaja pratishaya. The concept of Ama, Asatmya and virudh aahara also predict the allergic conditions.
Ama is the product of impaired digestion and metabolism. It affects Rasa and Rakta Dhatu leading to manifestation of Pratishyaya. Wrong food combinations (Virudh aahar) having antagonist properties like fish with milk, fruit juice with milk, clarified butter with honey, ice cream after night meals, etc. leads to allergy.
Ayurveda believes in balancing the three doshas present in the human body, thus treating the disease on the whole. Treatment involves clearing the sinuses and expelling phlegm, alleviating the relevant dosha and detoxification. To permanently resolve this disorder, dietary and lifestyle adjustments may be necessary in addition to the strengthening of the immune system. Panchakarma is an effective means of treating Allergic Rhinitis.
Ayurvedic treatment for allergic rhinitis:
- If the symptoms are severe and in chronic conditions, Vamana Panchakarma treatment, followed by Virechana is administered. This helps to relieve Ama and balance Tridosha.
- In some cases, where the patient has normal digestion strength, Nasya treatment (nasal drops therapy) is administered with herbal oils such as Anu taila or Shadbindu Taila.
- After the above Panchakarma treatments, Ayurvedic medicines are administered to improve respiratory immunity and strength of upper respiratory tract.
Useful Ayurvedic medicines in treating allergic rhinitis:
- Nimbarajanyadi tablet – Contains neem and turmeric as main ingredients.
- Chavikasavam – Fermented Ayurvedic liquid, also used in urinary tract disorders.
- Mahalaxmi Vilas Ras – Also useful in the treatment of skin diseases, diabetes, Sinus, non healing wounds, etc.
Other medicines: Narada lakshmi vilas rasa, Anand bhairava rasa, tribhuvan kirti rasa, shringarabharaka rasa, Mayur shringa bhasma, Abhraka bhasma, Lavangadi pills, Sitopaladi choorna, Marichayadi yoga, vyoshadi pills, Khadiradi pills are suggested.
- Take – Light food, lukewarm water, Kapha nashaka foods like little spicy food, saindhav salt, legumes, soups etc.
- Avoid – heavy food, fermented food, congestive food, too hot or too cold food, soar food, non vegetarian food, sweets, banana, curd, yogurt, ice creams, deserts, cakes, yellow grams, etc.