Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Kanchipuram. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S Arulsorubi
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Treatment of No Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Birth Control Treatment
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Pregnancy Symptoms
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Cervicitis
Submit a review for Dr. S ArulsorubiYour feedback matters!
I Have tasted my pregnancy and d result shows I am pregnant but I am not ready right now, it's Just 1 month so need t avoid the pregnancy, please suggest me.
I am pregnant or not I am confused I was pregnant so went for Early pregnancy ultrasound but nothing was seen in 5th week then I waited for another week and went in 6 th week then too nothing was seen then I went for hcg it comes out to be 786.45 then after 3 days again it comes out to be 609.36 then after 5 days 1036.85 then after 4 days 139.45 then after 5 days 19.46 and today I had urine test through prega news it comes to negative. I am not feeling any pregnancy symptoms but I didn't bled my last mensuration first day was 10 th of June. What will be the reason?
I am 30 years old woman but I dont have any child. Is there any problem if I conceive after 1 more year.
My gf having period last time is on 29 Dec and as of now she is not having period till today is may cause any issue?
I am 21 year old and unmarried. I experience pain in both the breast at touch. I have the habit of sleeping on my tummy at night and I did not sleep with a bra on. My left nipple feels sensitive too. I can not feel any external lumps on the breast. I have not got my menses as i am 5 days late and their are no symptoms of getting it. Please help me out.
My periods cycle is 8th date of every month. I did sex on 27th July .After sex I got my regular period 8th August. Got bleeding 5 days .So now this month in September don't come my period now 7 days late. So please tell it's worried or not. Any chance of pregnancy?
Hi my partner take a I pill last month. Then she had a periods in date of 8th November then again she had a periods in the same month of November in the date of 20th. Hence she had a twice periods in the same month. So now in next month when she have a periods.in the regular cycle of his periods or it will be delayed. please let me know.
How can I know my vagina is long? because he feels my vagina is deep because he is not able to feel sucked in the vagina. please help.
I am suffering with very high stomach pain during periods time, How I can reduce please give me suggestions?
Pcos: here is all that you must know about it!
Polycystic ovary syndrome (pcos) is a common hormonal disorder amongst women in their reproductive age. The symptoms of pcos being seemingly unrelated to each other, are often overlooked and remain undiagnosed. It is commonly termed as pcod (polycystic ovary disease) in which the there is an imbalance in the women’s hormones. As the name suggests, multiple cysts are formed in the ovaries that are pearl-sized (2-4mm), fluid filled and may contain immature eggs.
Whom does it most commonly affect?
Pcos most commonly affects women of reproductive age (14-45 years of age). In ceratin cases, pre-pubertal girls may also be affected by pcos.
What are the common symptoms of pcos?
Pcos, being a syndrome, is defined by a collection of signs and symptoms. The symptoms may vary from one individual to another. In case you observe two or more than two of these symptoms, make sure you undergo a thorough medical examination. Common symptoms are:
- Irregular scanty or missing menstrual periods
- Infertility such as ovulation dysfunction
- Excess or unwanted body or facial hair on the body
- Thinning hair on the scalp
- Weight problems, often leading to weight gain around the waist
- Skin problems such as skin bags, darkening of skin and acne
What causes pcos in women?
The exact cause of pcos is still not known, however, there are hypothesis suggesting a few of the common causes such as;
- High level of insulin
- Increased production of androgens
- Family history
- Environmental pollution and radiations
How can pcos be diagnosed?
Pcos symptoms affect more than 20% of the indian women and still remain undiagnosed at times. For an effective diagnosis, you may report of,
- Irregular periods in the past
- Tests revealing high levels of specific hormones
- Ultrasound showing polycystic pattern of the ovary
What are the possible complications of pcos?
Commonly reported complications of pcos include:
How can pcos be managed?
Once diagnosed, the treatment of pcos may differ from an individual to another. However, a few tips to manage/ prevent pcos are:
- Exercise regularly. Include activities such as aerobics, sports and brisk walk to your daily routine.
- Eat healthy. Include foods that are low in refined carbohydrates as it helps to regulate blood sugar levels. Also add foods rich in antioxidants, green vegetables super grain and fruits to your daily diet
- Avoid excess of junk foods, spicy and oily foods and sugary diets.
- In case you smoke, it is best recommended to quit smoking.
- Avoid stimulants. Beverages such as coffee, that act as a rich source of stimulating compounds, have been found to increase insulin production.
- Keep stress away. Combat this depression by engaging yourself in activities such as opting for bubble bath, watching an old favorite movie, reading a classic or meeting friends who could be good company.
The doctor may prescribe you will relevant medications to treat the complications, in case any.