Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Rotator Cuff Injury Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Nadi Pariksha Treatment
Scar Revision Surgery
Scar Revision Surgery
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Kerala Massage Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Shri Vishwatej Ayurved Chikitsalaya Pvt LtdYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Hair is one of the most noticeable aspects of a human being, whether you are a man or a woman. However, the increasing use of chemicals and other ingredients in hair care products tends to cause more damage to hair than benefits. Ayurveda offers great solutions for healthy hair without the side effects associated with chemical related products.
Some Ayurvedic tips to keep hair healthy:
Shampoo itself is a derivative of the word champoo, which is an indian concept of soothing or gently massaging the scalp before washing it off. Let's look at some of the ayurvedic tips which may help you get better hair and shine and keep it healthy throughout.
A. Special Ayurvedic oils for massaging on scalp: The best options are usually sesame, brahmi and the most commonly available coconut oil. Massage it on your scalp regularly at least twice a week and leave it overnight before washing it off the next morning.
B. Make sure diet is corrected: Ensure that the food you eat is a part of a balanced diet and it is preferable to avoid junk food altogether. Stay away from carbonated sweetened beverages as well as smoking and drinking. Some of the spices and vegetables that will be helpful in restoring hair health would be:
- Cooking in olive oil or ghee instead of cheap vegetable oils is also beneficial
C. Taking care of digestive or bowel issues: If you suffer from digestive or bowel related issues, then it would be wise to correct that first by the use of laxatives or other medications.
D. Taking care of pitta issues: The pitta, if aggravated, can cause hair fall. There are many techniques in ayurveda which can be used to balance it.
E. Usage of certain herbs in controlled amounts: Usage of the following herbs in controlled amounts can be very good for the health of your hair.
- Aloe vera - aloe vera is the new wonder drug, which is effective in treating many ailments and it is very good for skin and hair as well, whether consumed as food or applied to the hair as an extract.
- Bhringraj - paste made of bhringraj applied to the hair before washing can be very good for the health of the hair.
- Methi - another spice which can be grounded made into a paste and then applied to hair and is known to produce great results.
- Amla - amla is very good while being eaten as it contains vitamin c and fortifies hair health from the inside. Amla paste or extract massaged on hair is also very good for its health.
I'm 21 years old having hair loss from 2 months and loss of hair from temples. So went to doctor he given me Arnica Montana Hair hoil some SBL tablets and protein powder. But after taking this all hair loss is increased more than before. What to do should I stop this medicine.
Hi, I am 38 years old. Healthy and workout 5 days a week. I am having WHEY Protein supplement. Can I include creatine supplement for muscle growth and more energy. Please advise if it's safe and healthy.
The acids help the body dissolve the food particles and also break it down to more basic elements. However, when the body produces too much acid, it causes acid reflux which can cause discomfort. Too much acid within the body, which is also known as hyperacidity, can be caused by a multitude of factors.
Known and effective Ayurvedic cures: Ayurveda considers acidity to be a 'Pitta' problem and it can be corrected by following certain simple steps. There are other food ingredients which are also used as remedial tools. Let's have a look at some of the dos and don'ts of Ayurvedic remedies for acidity.
Don'ts for acidity according to Ayurveda:
1. Limit junk food and other foods, which are very heavy in fats and processed items: Most processed foods and junk food usually made in stores contain unhealthy fats. The stomach needs to produce more acid in order to digest them and thus may end up causing acidity.
2. Stop excessive consumption of tea, coffee: Stop consumption of caffeinated beverages such as tea, coffee and other caffeine injected drinks which may encourage the production of more stomach acids.
3. Stop the consumption of alcohol and cooperates: Apart from being generally bad for health as both of these are known contributors of cancers, they can even affect smaller day to day functions and can lead to acidity.
4. Don't consume foods which are high in acidic content: If you tend to like food which is very high in acidic content, it is advisable to limit its consumption. Some examples of this are:
- Sour citrus fruits
- Salty fried foods
Dos for acidity according to Ayurveda:
There are multiple solutions for acidity in Ayurveda which have been known cures for generations. Let's take a look at some of these.
- Do have meals on time: It is best to not skip meals as this can cause the acidity levels within the stomach to rise if it doesn't have any food to digest. It is especially harmful to skip breakfast and then have a heavy lunch to compensate.
- Do have amla or Indian gooseberry: This is a very effective weapon against acidity and chewing a few morsels will easily cure the problems in your stomach.
- Pomegranate Juice: Very small quantities of Pomegranate juice on a daily basis will be very beneficial for a bad case of acid reflux.
- Coconut water: Drink coconut water as it is known to have properties to neutralize the stomach acids.
- Aniseed: Also known as saunf, you can chew them raw and slowly swallow with water for quick relief from acidity.
- Jeera: Jeera consumed with warm ghee and then mixed with rice tends to be very good for acidity as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ayurveda and ask a free question.
Ayurveda is a system of medicine that is based on natural herbs and lifestyle changes. It is a holistic method that focuses on rooting out the cause rather than just focusing on the symptoms. This system of medicine is completely natural; hence there are no side effects.
If you wish to keep your skin healthy, then here are some ayurvedic tips to do that:
- Include nuts and seeds: It is very important that you include seeds and nuts in your diet; they contain Omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for the body. These foods also help in preventing 'Vata' imbalance in the body and provide good content of healthy fats.
- Include vegetables: Include vegetables like cabbage, broccoli and carrots in your diet as they provide the body with essential nutrients. They contain antioxidants and trace elements such as zinc and folate that enhance your wellbeing.
- Tea: Consume green tea as it helps in boosting metabolism and improving your skin health. Add spices,such as ginger if you are affected by cold and cough, as it helps in alleviating the symptoms. It helps in improving the health of your skin.
- Exercise: You should exercise on a regular basis as it has multiple health benefits. It increases muscle mass in the body and helps maintain optimal weight levels. It also increases blood circulation in the body which is good for your skin. You can do a workout of basic yoga postures to avail the benefits of exercise.
- Meditate: Meditation has been shown to reduce stress levels in the body which is directly linked with skin health. Too much stress may lead to increased production of free radicals in the body, thus leading to skin damage. You may start off with basic breathing exercises, gradually moving on to other techniques such as mindfulness meditation.
- Sleep: Sleep is essential for good skin health as it revitalizes the body. You need to aim for at least six hours of sleep to reap its benefits.
Sir From last few months I am feeling backpain. Since I am a badminton player. I am feeling it as a cause. It is not Always but whenever I play continuously for 2-3 hours. It happens. What to do.
Piles, also known as hemorrhoids, are the swellings of the veins within the rectum which may burst and cause bleeding as well as pain. Ayurveda is known to provide relief from symptoms and with continued use, can also provide long term cures.
Prevention strategies for piles
Ayurveda stresses on leading a healthy lifestyle to minimize the chances of getting piles in the first place. Some of the lifestyle related problems that can lead to piles and thus need to be corrected are as follows:
- Leading a sedentary lifestyle with lack of exercise: This not only causes piles but also leads to other problems like heart disease and hypertension among other problems and thus, it is advisable to incorporate a certain amount of physical activity into your routine.
- Change the diet that can cause constipation and then lead to piles: Eating too much red meat without roughage, fried and processed foods like pizzas and dairy products like cheese, can make the food very sticky resulting in piles from the constriction of bowel movements.
- Sitting on hard surfaces for extended periods of time: If you have been sitting on hard surfaces for a very long time, it may result in piles due to pressure on the nerves of the rectum for extended periods of time.
Ayurvedic Remedies for piles
- Sesame seed paste: Sesame or “til” is a good treatment for bleeding piles when applied externally to the affected area.
- Muli or radish paste: Again, a fine paste made from this vegetable is useful in the case of painful piles which are not bleeding.
- Ayurvedic oils and creams: There are multiple ayurvedic oils and creams which can be very effective in curing or at least controlling piles. However, it is best to go to your nearest ayurvedic doctor for proper steps.
- Bael fruit mixture: An ounce of ripe bael fruit, 180 grams of sugar, black pepper powder in relevant quantities and 7 grams of cardamom powder can be mixed and had twice daily as an effective cure for piles.
- Buttermilk: Butter milk mixed with salt and black pepper in small amounts is known to be a very effective remedy for piles; but has to be consumed on a regular basis for at least a couple of months.
- Hareetaki with jaggery: One of the most popular forms of piles treatments, the fruit peel of harad or hariteeki should be taken with a cup of jaggery every night before bed time to soften stool and also cure piles.
- Radish juice: Extracted radish juice is also know as a great cure for constipation as well as lessening the symptoms of or curing piles.