Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Kakinada and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Sushma RavuriYour feedback matters!
Sir, I am suffering from sneezing and itching eyes. While travelling by bus or train it becomes more dangerous. Doctors say you have allergic problem form dust and changing climate. Please provide Permanent solution to get rid off from this situation. Whether is ayurveda or Homeopathy.
I have Red Eyes from 3 years. I think that I have Sexual conjunctivitis Disease. What should I do? Please Tell me the Solution.
I am Suffering from sleeplessness for one month. Sometimes sleeps at night but not deep sleep. When sleep deeply my fingers curved and I suddenly awake. I think blood circulation thik nhi hota. Din me kuch time sota hu to sudden eyes open ho jati h with fast pulse rate.
Hello sir am 24 male I got eye pblm because past one month I sawed welding flash light near 15 min so I got eye irritation after I get eye drops in near medical shop I used tn eye irritation stopped no I can't see clearly long objects look like little mild can you please say the solution.
My son 3 years old. Doctors doubting about myopia. And assuming -2 power. Is this curable. Should he need to wear glass. He is very young. He will not wear glass. Please suggest on further.
I am only 19 years old and recently moved to bangalore to study and was living on my own for the first time and I started smoking excessively and also I was not eating properly which resulted my health to degrade and the skin under my eyes have become wrinkled and dark how do I get it back to normal? I currently am using himalaya under eye cream is that enough for it to get it back to normal? Please help me.
Hallo I work as a sound designer. I have colorblindness and I am short sighted (congenital nystagmus). I would like to know if there are any treatments available. Waiting for your valuable response. Thank you.
I have stomach pain. N eyes problem. When I eat fast food my stomach is started paining so wht should I do?
Sir, My eyes and head is paining due to riding bike. My back is paining too much due to riding bike from long time. can you give me suggestions for all above sir?
Minimum age for lasik surgery. Limitation of the Surfer. Power of eye upto which this Surgery is useful.
Hello Dr. I had a feeling of weakening eyes, got my eyes tested there ws a number of 0.25 for distant object I started wearing glasses 5 months back. There has been a very small lining in my vision floating types which I searched as EYE FLOATERS. Now after I have started wearing glasses I have more disturbance in the vision. Its very problematic in my studies and work as mostly I am sitting in front of a system or on my mobile phone. Is there any way that I may get my glasses removed and better vision.
My wife is 27 year old she is losing her left eye vision guickly in last 6 months she is having pain in left side in head so please tell me what's is is a migraine or not & what to do.
The spots which occur in the vision are known as eye floaters. One might feel specks of gray and black or cobwebs and strings drifting in the eyes and the same darts away on staring at them directly. The most common cause of eye floaters is age related. This happens when the vitreous & the jelly like substance of the eye becomes very liquid. The fibers within the vitreous clump to form small shadows on the retina. This gives it an appearance of floaters.
Symptoms of eye floaters Include:
- Spots in the vision which appear as knobby or dark specs and strings that are transparent float in the eye
- Spots which move when the eyes are moved and when one tries to look at them these spots quickly move away from the field of vision
- Spots that are noticed most when looking at plain backgrounds like a white wall or blue sky
- Spots which settle and drift put slowly from the vision
Causes of eye floaters are:
- Age-related: The most common cause of eye floaters is the age related changes in the vitreous. Vitreous is a jelly like substance which fills the eyeballs and help it to maintain the round shape. With age the vitreous liquefies partially and this causes it to be pulled away from the interior surface of the eyeball. As the vitreous sags and shrinks, it becomes stringy and clumpy. When the vitreous gets clumpy then small debris block the light which passes through the eye and casts shadows on the retina.
- Inflammation at the back of the eye: The inflammation of the layers of the uvea in the back region of the eye is called posterior uveitis. This can give rise to eye floaters. Posterior uveitis is usually caused by inflammatory disease or infections.
- Bleeding in the eye: Bleeding of the eye in the vitreous can have any cause associated with it. Some might be an injury or the problems of the blood vessel.
- Torn retina: Tearing of the retina occurs when the sagging vitreous applies a pressure on the retina and ends up tearing it. If treatment not given then the retinal tear might lead to the detachment of the retina and accumulation of fluid behind the retina. This causes the retina to separate from the eye. If not treated it might also lead to permanent vision loss.
Treatment of Eye Floaters:
- Eye floaters are very frustrating and might take time to adjust to them. However, with time one might start ignoring them and noticing them less.
- Eye floaters which lead to impaired vision might need laser to disrupt the floaters or surgery to remove the vitreous.