Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Pediatricians online in Kadapa. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nagarjuna Reddy N
Treatment of Lactation problems
Management of Restless Child Disorder
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Bedwetting Treatment & Management
Treatment of Polio
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Cerebral Palsy
Treatment of Neurofibromatosis
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Sids
Treatment of Cough in Children
Treatment of Asthma in Children
Submit a review for Dr. Nagarjuna Reddy NYour feedback matters!
Recent years have witnessed the severity of acute respiratory infections. The main cause is exposure to more of respiratory Infection causing microorganisms. Everyone is at a high risk of exposure. The infections can affect all age groups equally. Therefore, you must know all about acute respiratory infections.
Acute respiratory infections may interfere in normal breathing. The infection often starts as a viral infection in the nose, trachea (windpipe) or in the lungs. In cases of non treatment, the infection spreads to the entire respiratory system. The infections are transmissible.
There are many respiratory infections of which causes are unknown. However, a few known viral causes are as follows:
- Adenoviruses: These viruses are known to have over 50 different types of viruses causing common cold, bronchitis as well as pneumonia.
- Rhinoviruses: These viruses cause common cold. Those individuals, be it young or old, who have a weak immune system can have an acute respiratory infection.
- Influenza virus: This is also known as Orthomyxovirus with six types of viruses, such as Type A, B and C, Isa Virus, Thogoto Virus and Coronavirus. Out of these, Type A is known to cause a severe disease.
- Enterovirus: This virus is associated with several human and mammalian diseases, including acute respiratory infection.
- Respiratory syncytial virus: This virus causes respiratory tract infections in the lower respiratory tract.
Bacterial causes are as follows:
- Bacillus anthracis
- Bordetella pertussis
- Corynebacterium diphtheria
- Pneumococcus: It is a cause of meningitis and Pneumonia.
- Streptococcus pyogenes
- Haemophilus influenzae
Few of the prominent symptoms are as follows:
- Itchy, watery eyes - Soreness behind eyes and often conjunctivitis
- Nasal discharge and congestion
- Having Sore throat
- Severe Headache
- Muscle pain
The first thing that the doctor tends to check is the breathing pattern of the patient, followed by a number of checks:
- Fluid and inflammation in the lungs
- Nose and throat checks
- X-ray or CT scan would be required to check the condition of the lungs in advanced cases
Ideally for viruses, there isn't any cure. Medications that are prescribed are for the symptoms.
- Cautious use of antibiotics for the symptoms can reduce adverse effects as well as decrease costs. It will also reduce drug resistance.
- A single oral dose of nasal decongestant used in common cold could be moderately effective to aid congestion in grown-ups for a short period.
- Alternate medications, such as the use of vitamin C help in the inhibition and cure of upper respiratory infections.
- Probiotics and vaccination are available for certain infections such as URTIs, Adenoviruses and Streptococcus pneumoniae.
- Best prevention is to boost your immune system. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
Respected sir/mam now my baby is 6 weeks old. Please tell me which vaccines are mandatory. And which are optional.
Hello doctor's, I have baby girl having 16 month old and she is suffering for nephrotic syndrome disease. Now protein goes from her urine is 4+ as per daily protein check strip, I consulting nephrologist she gave steroids dose 20/5 mg morning /nt. Pl give and daily diet plan. And explain the side effects of steroid.
My 8 year son has flat feet can he play badminton some time he say pain in foot he has three fracture in left and right foot and left foot also two years back doctor checked him and said that he has flat feet and also taken vitamin d test which is 12-13 we purchase arch support for him this is only for shoes playing time he use slipper what we purchase support for slipper in badminton ground sir do exercise and running then he say paining in his foot but he is very much interested in sport doctor said that we have to stop 1-2 month sports but badminton sir said that he will do only wall practising what we do pls help.
Hello doctor during from last 4-5 months I got abscess on the underwear area. It comes every month and I take some medicine then it gone but again come after interval of month.
People suffering from lactose intolerance find it difficult to digest the lactose or sugar in milk, which results in gas, bloating or even diarrhea. An inadequacy of an enzyme called lactase, produced in the small intestine, is the root of lactose intolerance, a condition also known as lactose malabsorption.
How to deal with lactose intolerance in your child?
- Cutting out on dairy products does not mean you would be deprived of sufficient amount of calcium. Find alternate sources of calcium in your food apart from dairy products, for instance, spinach, rhubarb, pinto beans oranges, milk substitutes such as rice milk or soy milk, canned salmon, juices, breads and broccoli. Do give your child foods rich in vitamin D such as liver, eggs and yogurt. Asking your child to spend some time out in the sun can be a great idea in this regard, as well. Your physician will prescribe you with calcium and vitamin D supplements.
- Limit your child’s intake of dairy products. Opt for small servings of milk so as to reduce the chances of gastrointestinal troubles. Your child should consume milk with other foods to delay the digestive process. Try out a variety of dairy products as not all of them possess the same amount of lactose. Buy lactose free products or use lactase enzyme drops or tablets that may aid your child in digesting different dairy products.
- Probiotics are living organisms that exist in your intestine and help you in maintaining a healthy digestive system. Yoghurt and other supplement capsules are rich in probiotics. Hence, they can be perfect choices for your child.