Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Kadapa. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Health Screening For Women
Submit a review for Dr. Altamash AfnanYour feedback matters!
Contrary to what most girls have been led to believe about the hymen being a flat tissue that covers the vagina and is ripped during penetrative intercourse, the truth is that hymen is a fringe of tissue around the vaginal opening. It is not an intact tissue draping across the vaginal wall because without any outlet for the menstrual blood, girls would get periods only after they lose their virginity. (Know more about Irregular Periods)
Here are a few mind-boggling facts about the hymen.
- Just like labia, every woman's hymen varies in color, size and shapes.
- It is elastic and stretchy in most cases. Vaginal delivery makes the hymen less visible by smoothening and stretching it.
- Despite popular belief, the pain women experience when they have sex for the first time is not due to your hymen breaking, but because your vaginal muscles are too tense and/or you're going at it too rough and fast without adequate lubrication.
- Simple exercises such as walking, riding bicycles, doing splits as well as horseback riding may rip your hymen long before you have had intercourse.
- Hymens should not be perceived as the indicator of sexual activity because they are extremely stretchy and stay with you your entire life. Even sexually active people have hymens.
- If you do not resort to any sexual activity (including penetration during masturbation), the hymen returns to its default position in your vulva.
- Very few women have an imperforate hymen in which the opening is too small for penetration whether by tampons, fingers, sex toys or an erect penis. A simple surgery needs to be conducted in such a case where parts of the hymen are snipped away.
- There is a growth in hymenoplasty, also known as hymen reconstruction surgery, in the past few years because hymen is viewed as an indicator of virginity and there have been cases of annulment, public humiliation, torture and even death because they believe that the hymen is not intact due to sexual activity; therefore making hymenoplasty an effective solution.
- Although, not an indicator of the amount of sexual activities performed, one must seek immediate medical attention after being sexually assaulted because it can be examined to prove sexual abuse. (Learn more about Sexual Activity Affects Vaginal Health)
Here are some problems related to hernia
Dr. I have a habit of masturbating frequently, please tell me how can I get rid of the habit of masturbating.
We eat all types of fruits available in the season. Of late we are getting cough which continues for months. If fruit is discontinued cough will stop.
Sir I am suffering from more sleepiness and tiredness all the day even after night sleep. And I feel need of more and more rest at all time. Sir I am very serious for this problem due to this I am not memorize my steady what is most important for life .So please sir save my life by advised me medicines for this which is every where available. I have Hb 13. Blood Sugar 86; and no thyroid .
Sir, The patient is complaining of pain in the lower part of her back (both sides, more on the left side). Upper surfaces of the feet and those of the palms are slightly swollen. No fever.
I am suffering from headache from last 2 years whenever I bend and working that time headache is more heavy head left side is I Can't Control pain.
I am male 150 kgs and age in 33 years I am planing to marry and my penis is 4 inch when erect is it enough to have sex and have child or I need to go for any medication or surgery to have a happy life please suggest me.
Hello sir I have a problem in my penis foreskin. It is not come backside. Please suggest me. What should I do.
Whenever I feel like urinating, I have to apply some pressure to pass the urine out. Is this a problem & does it affects the sexual life after marriage or not?
I am 30 years old I am suffering form fever from 5 days I took the tablet for Dr's. Help I did not get cured plzzzzzz help me Dr.
I am 22 years old. And I have itching in my private parts not frm some days. I have this problem from some months. I think this problem is happening because of hairs. What will I do to get rid off? And I also have some pimples on my hips. What will I do? And my hairs are dry and falling. please help me.
I masturbate 4 to 5 times in a week since last 5 years or more. Now I feel that my penis is not erected often easily and when it is erected, it is very less hard and may b difficult to penetrate. I feel loss of energy and lack in concentration too. Kindly guide me.
I have been bitten by a street dog on 2nd august 2016. I have been getting anti rabies vaccines which is a 5 shots dose. Only the last dose which is a booster is left to be taken. That I would be taking on 2nd september. Yesterday night I had sex with my husband which also included oral sex. Is he safe? Is there any virus transmission from me to him ? Please help me.
I am diagnosed with jaundice. What all foods to avoid till the illness get cleared? Can I take red chilly, lentils, yellow and red vegetables? I am not taking any oil or meat and eggs. And how long I should maintain the special diet?
often had night ejaculation. So I masturbate once a week to avoid night ejaculation. But I saw many pimples on my face. What should I do Should I carry on or stop it. I m still unmarried. I do not smoke drink or else.
Hi doctor, I'm 23 years old and I used to face my periods every month very painfully. I will get stomach and back ache during 5 days. Is my over weight be a cause? Help me out with your suggestions so that I can come out of pain Thanks in advance.
The inflammation of the cavities around nasal passage is known as sinusitis. When the cavities are full of fluid, germs attach themselves to the fluids, which give rise to infections. Some of the causes of sinusitis are common colds, allergic rhinitis problem, nasal polyps and deviated septum. You can also learn about common ear infections.
There are 4 different types of sinusitis:
- Acute sinusitis: It remains for about 4 weeks or less. It is usually characterized by a runny nose and pain in the face which will stay for at least 10 to 14 days.
- Sub acute sinusitis: It is almost like the acute sinusitis but stays longer for about 4 to 8 weeks.
- Chronic sinusitis: The inflammation in this case lasts about 8 weeks, sometimes longer than that.
- Recurrent sinusitis: In this, the sinusitis attack keeps occurring all through the year.
At times, to clear up the blocked sinuses, a surgery is mandatory. This can be painful hence many are hesitant to go through with a surgery. If you want to control sinusitis so that it doesn't reach the limit where you have to go through a surgery, here are some tips of what you might be able to do regularly to clear your chances of controlling this:
- Take steam: This is the most common and easy way to control sinusitis. The steam helps to break down the excess mucus in the nasal passage and also reduces the inflammation of the sinuses. All you need is water. Heat it up to the required temperature and then inhale the steam. You will get a lot of relief if you do this regularly.
- Nasal Irrigation: This is basically the process of flushing the infected and stale mucus out of the nasal cavity. Take a liter of sterile water, mix one tablespoon of kosher salt and baking soda each. Then with the help of a syringe or a neti pot, wash your nostrils with the solution. The mucus will start coming out and your nasal cavity will clear out.
- Use warm washcloth: Lie down and place a warm washcloth (a washcloth dipped in warm water and wringed) on your forehead and nose region. The warmth from the washcloth will break down the mucus and clear the congestion.