Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can view profiles of all Gastroenterologists online in Jodhpur. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gaurav Gandhi
Submit a review for Dr. Gaurav GandhiYour feedback matters!
Everyday after taking meal (just after taking meal) feeling potty will comes out, even morning just after rising from bed stool motion comes out, and after taking breakfast further motion comes out ,that times potty frequently pass only white mucus some times just spiting, it will pass every 1 hrs interval. My old H/o Hepatitis -B related jundish (2009) till date I 'm taking entecavir 0.5 mg everyday at 4 am in empty stomach then after 2 hrs left no feed hearing my liver is very poor, as per other doctors advise I have IBS. Now this time bilirubin high normal it will stagnant 1.5,where as SGPT others are normal. What will be your advice.
How to get rid of acidity problems in our daily life. What are the Best things or Habits to have a Good Digestive System?
It is an uncomfortable burning sensation that often times creeps up the throat, and is a symptom more so than a disease. It is caused by acid reflux.
Home Remedies For Hyperacidity
•Take 3-6 gm of liquorice (mulethi) root powder with warm milk.
•Drink cold milk without any additives. Make it more effective add one teaspoonful of ghee to it.
•Eat overripe bananas during an attack of acidity. They have higher amounts of potassium making it even more effective.
•Boil one cup of water and to it add one tsp of Fennel (souf). Cover and leave overnight. Strain the water in the morning, add 1 tsp of honey (shahad).Taken this prepration 3 times a day.
•Chew Cumin (jeera) or boil it in water. Drink the water when it has cooled down.
•Chop some mint leaves, add them to a pot of boiling water and drink this water after cooling it.
•To relieve acidity crush two pods of cardamom (with or without the skin), boil the powder in water and drink the cooled juice for instant relief.
•Crush ginger, mix it with a small piece of jaggery (gud) and keeping sucking on it allowing the juice to slowly reach the stomach.
• One teaspoon of amla powder twice a day to help keep acidity way.
•Chewing holy basil (tulsi) leaves.
I have gas problem most of the time and it does not pass completely and due to this I feel lazy and due to this I think I have other problem also such as constipation. Please suggest cause and solution of this problem. I am taking triphala churna at night as suggested by the ayurvedic doctor. However gas problem does not resolved. Please tell how to get complete rid of that problem.
Hi, I am 46Y male having gastric problem, most of the time I have headache. Can you suggest something. Sunil.
I am a 23 year old male, I have pain in my stomach after eating lunch and its an late lunch. Some times I have loose motions too. I tried nothing because I think its because of late lunch. Is it ok?
The acids help the body dissolve the food particles and also break it down to more basic elements. However, when the body produces too much acid, it causes acid reflux which can cause discomfort. Too much acid within the body, which is also known as hyperacidity, can be caused by a multitude of factors.
Known and effective Ayurvedic cures: Ayurveda considers acidity to be a 'Pitta' problem and it can be corrected by following certain simple steps. There are other food ingredients which are also used as remedial tools. Let's have a look at some of the dos and don'ts of Ayurvedic remedies for acidity.
Don'ts for acidity according to Ayurveda:
1. Limit junk food and other foods, which are very heavy in fats and processed items: Most processed foods and junk food usually made in stores contain unhealthy fats. The stomach needs to produce more acid in order to digest them and thus may end up causing acidity.
2. Stop excessive consumption of tea, coffee: Stop consumption of caffeinated beverages such as tea, coffee and other caffeine injected drinks which may encourage the production of more stomach acids.
3. Stop the consumption of alcohol and cooperates: Apart from being generally bad for health as both of these are known contributors of cancers, they can even affect smaller day to day functions and can lead to acidity.
4. Don't consume foods which are high in acidic content: If you tend to like food which is very high in acidic content, it is advisable to limit its consumption. Some examples of this are:
- Sour citrus fruits
- Salty fried foods
Dos for acidity according to Ayurveda:
There are multiple solutions for acidity in Ayurveda which have been known cures for generations. Let's take a look at some of these.
- Do have meals on time: It is best to not skip meals as this can cause the acidity levels within the stomach to rise if it doesn't have any food to digest. It is especially harmful to skip breakfast and then have a heavy lunch to compensate.
- Do have amla or Indian gooseberry: This is a very effective weapon against acidity and chewing a few morsels will easily cure the problems in your stomach.
- Pomegranate Juice: Very small quantities of Pomegranate juice on a daily basis will be very beneficial for a bad case of acid reflux.
- Coconut water: Drink coconut water as it is known to have properties to neutralize the stomach acids.
- Aniseed: Also known as saunf, you can chew them raw and slowly swallow with water for quick relief from acidity.
- Jeera: Jeera consumed with warm ghee and then mixed with rice tends to be very good for acidity as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ayurveda and ask a free question.