Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Jamshedpur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. J.S.BediYour feedback matters!
1. Eat for good vision: green leafy vegetables, tuna, eggs, nuts, beans, oranges and other citrus fruits.
2. Quite smoking.
3. Wear sunglasses, uv protection
4. Avoid eyestrain.
From few days im facing serious eye pain everyday too much my eyes are itching get irritate of the problem whts the solution?
I am 14 year old. I am sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
Hi dear doctor I have allergies and my eyes are affected the most my eyes are very red and my nose is also red and my left eye and right eyes are red what should I do for these. Please suggest me. Dhanyawaad.
Hi, mere face pe kuch marks h . Tou doctor ne mujhe melaglow cream lgane ko bola tha. On eyes also. Because of dark circles. Bt us vjha se mere eyes pe swelling aa gai h. Main kya kru ab. Iska effect eye sight pe toh ni hoga.
My daughter is 4 years old. She has problem in her eyes .Her eyes got red frequently in 6-7 days.I consulted with eye specialist . He told me that she has some small hair in her eye brow due to which it used to get red.This problem is from last 1 years. Please suggest some diagnosis.
My eyes are got many scratches and yellow colour am still 23 doctors pls help me wth that suggest me any tablet.
Sir may I know how can we reduce eye sight, though I am using specs in future I want to reduce using specs.
Eyes are the most important part of our lives. There are various branches of medicine, which treat different aspects of the eye. Chief among them are:
Ophthalmology deals with the structure, physiology and diseases of the eye. On the other hand, optometry is a vision care science, which involves the treatment and rectification of the visual system. Specialists emerging from these two schools of medicines are called Ophthalmologists and optometrists respectively. Though, they both deal with the corrective measures and examination of healthy eyes, there are crucial differences between them.
Some of those differences are listed below:
- Meaning: A specialist in surgical and medical eye problems, who performs operations in the eye is called an Ophthalmologist. On the other hand, an Optometrist is a specialist who has a degree in Doctor of Optometry (OD). He is not a doctor but a trained individual.
- Area of Specialization: Both these specialists have different areas of specialization. An Ophthalmologist specializes in only vision and eye care. He/she has the necessary training to perform operations on the eye. On the other hand, an Optometrist is not a doctor, but a specialist who is involved in diagnosis, management and treatment of vision changes. He/she has the license to perform eye exams and tests and can prescribe corrective lenses.
- Training: Both the specialists differ vastly in their training. An Ophthalmologist is trained to treat all eye problems and is equipped to perform operations. He/she undergoes four years of medical school and one year of internship in any hospital. Optometrists on the other hand, after three or more years in college have to undergo four years of training before receiving a doctor of Optometrist. (OD).