Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Jamshedpur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Bibhuti Bhushan
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Bibhuti BhushanYour feedback matters!
Hello, Needed to enquire about a family member. Her age is 24. She is wearing specs since the age of 8 yrs. And often complains that she is really tired of it now. Her number of specs is really high. Although it is stable. Can she get rid of specs completely after laser. Thanks in advance.
Most of us have had those days when we look into the mirror and suddenly notice under-eye bags and puffy dark circles staring back at us. The secret to getting rid of dark circles is not just getting a good night’s sleep. There is more to it
Causes of dark circles
Inherited issue – Majority of people who have dark circles inherit it from their parents. If your parents have thin skin or high-pigmentation in the under-eye area of the skin, you can get it too.
- It can lead to volume depletion under the eyes.
- If you are prone to skin allergies, it can increase your chances of getting dark circles under the eyes.
- Frequent eye rubbing can lead to darkened eyes.
- People who have thin, pale skin have glaring blood vessels, which manifest itself as a reddish-purple hue showing through.
Seven effective ways to get rid of dark circles
- Try retinoid: Retinoid helps to build collagen and aids the recovery of skin volume and fairness. Consult with a dermatologist and use them to prevent thin skin under the eyes, thereby improving dark circles.
- Use skin-lightening products and sunscreen: At times, dark circles result from increased pigment, either from rubbing or sun damage. Try topical lightening agents like Vitamin C, Licorice extract or Kojic acid to decrease skin pigmentation and eliminate dark circles. Also, invest in a good broad-spectrum sunscreen that contains zinc oxide and titanium dioxide.
- Take an antihistamine: If allergies are causing puffy eye problems, taking antihistamine drugs will help to clear them up and keep your under-eye issues under control.
- Follow a healthy sleep routine: A regular sleep routine with the right amount of sleep time will help a great deal to reduce the stress and as a result get rid of dark circles.
- Double up your pillows and sleep on your back: If you have dark circles due to vascular issues, use an extra pillow and sleep on your back to stop blood from building up under your eyes.
- Cool down: You can also try to apply a cold compress for 10 to 20 minutes to constrict your blood vessels. Cucumber slices, gel eye masks, cold wash rags and chilled tea bags can be used to make your eyes feel fresh and look brighter.
- Follow a minimum-salt diet: Excess salt and less water can cause your body to retain more water, thus causing under-eye bags. Therefore, avoid too much salt in your diet and stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!