Doctor in pshyco Syrup
Treatment of Depression
Management of Smoking Addiction
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Anxiety
Treatment of Fear
Treatment of Memory Loss
Treatment of Anxiety and Depression
Treatment of OCD
Treatment Of Anxiety Attacks
Treatment of Stress at Work
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Alcohol Withdrawal
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Treatment of Personality Disorder
Substance Addiction Management
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Submit a review for pshyco SyrupYour feedback matters!
Depression is more than just feeling low or down. It is a serious illness that is caused by various changes in the brain chemistry. There are a lot of factors that cause depression, which range from genetics to change in hormone level, stress, grief, medical conditions and other life circumstances. All these can lead to depression and that is something which does not go away on its own. However, there are a few efficient ways through which patients can deal with depression.
These are as follows:
- Exercise: Taking a brisk walk for fifteen to twenty minutes every day can be very healthy, not only for your body, but also for your mental health as well. Dancing, jogging, cycling and yoga are alternatives as well. Although, people who are depressed might not feel like doing any of those things, but one should try to do them anyway. Once a person gets into the exercising routine, they will start noticing the change in their mood. Deep breathing, yoga exercises and meditation can also help people feel better and less depressed.
- Anti-depressants: Three brain chemicals that are responsible for handling your mood are norepinephrine, serotonin and dopamine. During depression, the brain circuits that make use of these chemicals stop working properly. In this case, antidepressants can be very useful. These tweak the chemicals that run through the brain and help improve your overall mood.
- Psychotherapy: It is a method through which therapists find out a person’s everyday stressors. This therapy is a powerful treatment for depression. Combining psychotherapy with medications can be even better and more effective. This also makes the symptoms easier to take. When a person talks about his feelings and problems with a stranger, it can help him or her release certain amount of stress.
- Social support: Talking to a friend or attending group therapies has proven to be beneficial. However, it is important that the person you talk to is someone who you will feel comfortable around. Therefore, it could be someone you know or someone who empathises with you. This is possible either with your close ones or group therapies where the people you talk with, have been going through the same problem you have.
- Meditation: Calmness and meditation can help you channelize your positive energy and thoughts over the negative ones. It can help a person see new perspective, develop forgiveness and compassion. Much like exercise, meditating briefly can help you gain immediate effects. It helps a person get over depression. This happens over time. One might not be successful in releasing their stress at once. It is a process that takes time.
The treatment that you get for your depression will depend on the kind of depression that you have. Some might get psychotherapy while others might get antidepressants or for some, exercise could be enough.
We all have mood swings but not all mood swings have the same intensity. People who have extreme mood swings ranging from depression to manic highs are said to be suffering from bipolar disorder. These extreme moods are known as episodes and usually, last for a few days or even a few weeks. A person suffering from bipolar disorder could have an episode several times a year. This is a very common psychological problem and can affect both children and adults. Though it cannot be cured, this disease can be managed with medication.
There are no known causes for bipolar disorder but genetics may play an important role in triggering Bipolar Disorder. Hence, if a parent or sibling suffers from this condition, you have a risk of developing it as well. An imbalance in the neurotransmitters in the brain may also play a part in the development of this condition. Stress or traumatic events like the loss of a loved one can also increase your risk of suffering from this condition. Given that mood swings affect almost each one of us, bipolar disorder can be difficult to diagnose. Some of the things to look out for are:
- Change in self-esteem
- Unusual talkativeness or quietness
- Being increasingly prone to distractions
- Decreased need for sleep
- Recklessness in terms of spending decisions, relationships etc
It must be kept in mind that a person must display at least 4 of the above symptoms simultaneously to be diagnosed as bipolar. Also, none of these symptoms should be a result or side effect of any kind of medication, drugs, alcohol or other intoxicants.
There are four main types of bipolar disorder:
- Bipolar I: In such cases, the person has at least one episode of elevated moods and associated abnormal behaviour in his or her life. This may be preceded or followed by depressive episodes.
- Bipolar II: In these cases, the person must have suffered from at least one depressive episode. It is very similar to bipolar I except that in bipolar II the highs never reach the manic stage.
- Rapid Cycling: Some people can have 4 or more manic and depressive episodes a year. In such cases, they are said to be rapid cycling. This condition affects 10-20% of bipolar cases.
- Mixed Bipolar: Usually, bipolar patients show mood swings that alternate between manic and depressive moods. However, sometimes a person may experience both elation and depression simultaneously or in rapid succession of each other. These cases are known as mixed bipolar.
Once diagnosed, bipolar disorder can be managed with a combination of medication and psychotherapy. In some cases, electroconvulsive therapy may also be needed.
I am 22 year old female. I have anxiety in general. But since few days. I felt miserable and sad. I felt like failing at things. I do not have much friends to support. I do not know how to get over this phase.
I am 30 year old I have been suffering from anxiety since last 3 year I take advice in AIIMS doctor recommended zorset 50 mg and vetacap 20 mg but I feel it is not very effective so please suggest.
I am suffering from panic attack, suddenly I feel my heart beats very fast and I get tired in small work.
1.I'm a 23 year old guy. From 2011 I've fallen into depression after a breakup. Since I wanted to recover from the pain of breakup I'd started watching porn back at that time. 3 years later, I almost recovered from the breakup. Watching porn and masturbating since 2011 has become an addiction now. It has ruined my confidence, killed my sports life and my personal life, ruined my mental and physical health. It has almost reached a stance where I no longer feel any hope in life and I feel my life is worthless. 2. Also, the another problem I've been facing is since I'm too polite to people around me, I've been constantly knocked down, bullied and abused. No one has abused me physically but the verbal abuse is intolerable and I feel so shit about myself, I don't have any self respect left within me. I get offended at every single sarcastic comment and, I just feel worthless. I want to live a successful life, and I know I can. These are the things that hold me back. Please help.
Want to get a flawless and a radiant skin, consult these best dermatologist in Mumbai. Due to pollution, stress or genetic reasons one can get skin problems. Anyone may it be a children, infant, adults or old people can suffer from skin, nail or hair problems and would need to go to a dermatologist. Dermatologist can treat any kind of skin problem to small ones like warts, dermatitis, fungal infections, psoriasis, acne, dermatitis to some major problems like skin cancer and performing biopsies.
Best dermatologist in Mumbai are:
1. Dr. Shaurya Rohatgi
MBBS, MD - Dermatology , Venereology & Leprosy
Consultation fees: ₹600
Dr. Shaurya Rohatgi who practices at Dr. Shaurya's Skin and Hair Clinic, Mumbai. He has 10 years of experience as a dermatologist and Trichologist. His areas of specialization are psoriasis treatment, Mohs surgery, line and wrinkle smoothing, bleach and skin peel treatment, hair transplant and treatment of atopic dermatitis. He is reputed name in his fraternity and is an active member of many esteemed associations like Indian Association of Dermatologists, Venereologists and Leprologists (IADVL) and the International Society of Dermatology. He is recipient of Global Education Award at International Congress of Dermatology.
MD - Dermatology, MBBS
Consultation fees: ₹500
Dr. Ruchi Gupta is a famous dermatologist with 11 years of practice. She is an active member of many associations like Indian Association of Dermatologists Venereologists and Leprologists (IADVL),Cosmetic Dermatology Society of India (CDSI) and Association of Medical Consultants. Her areas of keen interest are scar Treatment, Peels, Polishing, Laser treatments and treating hair loss problems. She currently practices at Kasturi Medical Centre.
DNB - Dermatology & Venereology, Fellowship in Cosmetology, DVD, MBBS
Consultation fees: ₹700
Dr. Jeetendra Khatuja runs his own practice at Aska Aesthetic Clinic. He is a certified injector of botox and fillers for anti-aging and face & body sculpting. In 10 years of experience he has treated several cases of hair loss and transplant. Some of the other treatments provided at the clinic are vampire facelift with I-PRP, cosmetic ear lobe repair, tattoo removal and face glow.
FCPS (SKIN & VD), MD (Skin & VD), DDV (SKIN &VD), MBBS
Consultation fees: ₹800
Dr Rameshwar Gutte is a consultant dermatologist at Dr L H Hiranandani Hospital. He has 15 years of work experience and is known for accurate diagnosis for any kind of skin disease. He has years of experience and has treated a number of cases for different skin ailments like psoriasis and vitiligo. He is also expert at cosmetological treatments like botox, fillers and hair loss. With more than 45 clinical publications in national and international journals, he has reputed name globally. He is recipient of prestigious Dr V. R. Mehta Award and has also received many other awards at various conferences and seminars.
BDS, Fellowship in Aesthetic Medicine, Fellowship in Dermatology
Consultation fees: ₹500-1000
Dr. Dipanjali Singh is the medical director of expert aesthetics. She has an experience of 5 years and is a pioneer in the field of aesthetic medicines. Her areas of keen interest are cosmetic, anti aging treatments, hair loss treatment and weight loss treatment. She specialises in some of the latest and advanced procedures like PRP, Mesotherapy, Stem cell therapy, laser therapy, cyclical therapy and scalp micro pigmentation. She is also known for her anti aging treatments like vampire facelifts, plasma facials and microneedling facials.
Fellowship in dermatosurgery, MD - Dermatology , Venereology & Leprosy, MBBS
Consultation fees: ₹500
Dr. Swapnil is a dermatologist, cosmetologist & trichologist. She has 11 years of experience. He is known for her personal touch and her counselling skills along with her treatments like hair loss treatments, removal of warts, acne treatment, laser tattoo removal, thread lift treatment, photo-facial and stretch marks treatment.
MD - Dermatology , Venereology & Leprosy, DNB - Dermatology & Venereology
Consultation fees: ₹500 - 700
Dr. Vidula Kamath is a well established name with 18 years of experience and is associated with many clinics and hospitals. In these years, she has worked in different fields of photodermatology, vitiligo, psoriasis, contact dermatitis etc. Her forte is clinical dermatology, with a special interest in pediatric and geriatric dermatology.
Consultation fees: ₹1000
Dr. Sonia is a senior dermatologist with 35 years of experience and co-founder of Tender Skin Clinics & Cosmetology center and academy which has centers in India & UAE. She is a certified Laser consultant by CEEP/CNEP France, Europe & Dubai Health Authority, UAE and a member of many prestigious organizations across the world like the American Academy of Aesthetic Medicine (AAAM), The British Academy of Beauty Therapy and Cosmetology & World Society of Interdisciplinary Anti-aging medicine, France. Her areas of special interests are aesthetic and paediatric dermatology as well as laser treatments.
MBBS, MD - Dermatology, DNB - Dermatology & Venereology
Consultation fees: ₹700
Dr. Sejal Saheta has several years of experience and practices at INURSKN - Skin & Hair Clinic. She specializes in cosmetic procedures like botulinum toxin treatments, fillers, PRP for hair growth. She is reputed name in her fraternity and is an active member of many esteemed associations like Indian Association of Dermatologists, Venereologists and Leprologists (IADVL) and the International Society of Dermatology.
MD, D.V.D, MBBS
Consultation fees: ₹1000 - 1500
Dr. Nimesh D Mehta is a trusted name in the field of dermatologist with 27 years of experience. He is associated with many clinics and hospitals in different areas of Mumbai. He has undergone especial training in basic and advanced botox. Other than he specialises in lasers, mesotherapy, dermaroller chemical peels and advanced fillers. He is also a faculty member of National and State level Workshops in Dermatology and has also written many articles in textbooks of Dermatosurgery.