Find numerous Occupational Therapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Occupational Therapists online in Jamnagar and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Brijesh Karangiya
Speech Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Brijesh KarangiyaYour feedback matters!
I have pain in thigh muscles and it increases when I do any house work in fact it increases as much as I am not able to walk properly. What to do.
Sir, When I am going for walking me leg is paining very much. And I am taking very medicine but nothing happen.
I am Suffering from muscle cramps. Deficiency of vitamin b12 & vitamin D. Heavy pain arms (muscle pain). Frequent head-ache n tiredness. I'm into cinematography, the job needs to run n also had to stand for long time. So after work, suffering from joints pain. This typical muscle issue whom I need to contact n cure it asap.
I am 24 year old. My vein on left leg is expanded! What is the reason of it. How can cure it. What's are the new technical advancements? can it be cured?
My husband had a fall from active n gt a hit on hips so he has some muscle pain we had gone to a orthopedic so he suggested medicine for 5 days Myotop DSr and pantosec DSr but there still pain while sitting in straight position. Wat shld b done.
Dear sir first time I chekup my hall body on 15 03 2015 in my life so detect blood sugar 504 after fasting before 367 and one day after that result 267 and 248 and after diet control exercise and many more precaution 114 diabities came but still my lag pen continuous I saw last 31 march 2015 orthopedic he tell me after saw a xray you have n9 complaint it s just masculer pain what we do every day my leg pain
My both calf are paining since last 6 months. When I get up from bed in the morning I could not walk properly. Please suggest the remedy. Thank you.
I am 25 years male. Mere dono hip joint achanak bahut pain kar rahe he. Me asanise chal bi nahi pa raha hu. Yesa Q ho raha he or iskeliye me kya karu.
Disabilities can occur due to injuries, infections, or old age. Whatever the reason, the person has limited movement and suffers from pain and stiffness during this period. In addition to surgery and antibiotics, occupational therapy (OT) helps the patient immensely by providing complete rehabilitation and to help recover completely. Many who do not respond well to medications have benefited from occupational therapy and have had complete functional recovery. The occupational therapist helps patients to improve and maintain skills so they can perform their daily chores on their own.
The benefits of occupational therapy are too many and would depend on the setting in which it is used:
- In the elderly: With age, general movement is reduced and OT can help improve overall movement and quality of life, thereby enabling them to lead more independent lives.
- In mentally disabled: Occupational therapists work with people with emotional and mental limitations and teach them the necessary skills to be able to perform their functions in society. This can even enable them to take up a job and lead healthy, positive relationships.
- In physically disabled: OT can help them teach to perform their chores and socialize at school and home. There is a great deal of facilitating age-appropriate social interactions, thereby improving the chances of social acceptance of the affected individual.
No matter what setting Occupational Therapy is used in, the following are definitely some benefits:
- Improves range of motion: The person undergoing OT will see better movement of the affected parts, especially in old age where some joints are more involved than others.
- Increases mobility in injured or disabled patients: Disability or injury can lead to reduced mobility and OT can significantly improve this.
- Helps the body heal naturally: The body is not being subjected to any external chemical, and only natural movements and exercises are done, which is beneficial for the person.
- May reduce or eliminate muscle spasms: Pain and disability can lead to reduced mobility, which can cause muscle spasm. OT can help reduce and in some cases completely reverse the muscles spasms that may have set in. Can be supplemented with thermal modalities and treatment to reduce pain: Adding heat packs and moist heat to the regimen will produce better results.
- Treatment is customized for the individual: Each person is different with the cause and the effect of disability. The therapist will customize the program based on the person's needs and therefore will benefit the patient.
- Can boost self-esteem and promote feeling of well-being: The mere thought of being independent gives a big moral boost to the affected person, thereby improving quality of life.
Occupational therapy forms a part of the holistic regimen and can, therefore be integrated along with physical therapy to reap benefits.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!