Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Hair Care Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr M A Santwani Health Care Abhay Shopping Center, Opp. DSP Bunglow, Teen Batti, JamnagarYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Thanks to him I am much better now. I must say the hygiene was maintained very nicely in the Niramaya Health Care, Jamnagar. I searched Sushant Sud online and saw herreviews. The complete process of diet planning was so quick, and i am so relieved that I chose to consult him. He is not just friendly, but also is very motivating.
Merko asthma ki problem hai. Mere papa ne merko dr Sushant Sud ko dikhaya unke clinic Niramaya Health Care, Abhay Shopping Center, Opp. DSP Bunglow, Teen Batti, Jamnagar par . doctor ka attitude bahut accha hai sabke saath. Unhone kam se kam medicines mei merko problem solve kardi.
The medications provided bydr Sushant Sud concerning my acne and pimple problemwere right on target. The staff at his clinic Niramaya Health Care in Jamnagar is also very supportive and caring.
Dr. Sushant Sud provides answers that are sensible. Thank you so much sir! I dont have any reports other than some prescriptions..will check it out sir
R K Pandey
my visit was comfortable and good approach by doctor sud towards my illness. looking forward to get cured through his treatment.
P S Panesar
Dr Sushant Sud is a young upcoming doctor in Jamnagar, kowledgeable, he gave me appropriate advice and treatment.
Dr. Sushant Sud provides answers that are very helpful. Since 8 years how to ayurvedic medicines along allopathic
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sushant Sud to be knowledgeable. Share feedback in your own words...
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sushant Sud to be well-reasoned. Share feedback in your own words...
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sushant Sud to be well-reasoned. Share feedback in your own words...
Dr. Sushant Sud provides answers that are knowledgeable. Thanks for the assistance sir..
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sushant Sud to be inspiring. Inspiring
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sushant Sud to be very helpful. Thanks
Dr. Sushant Sud provides answers that are sensible. Good
Turmeric or haldi in combination with milk can have unimaginable effects on your health. It is also an amazing mixture for personal care. Haldi milk for long has been a great naturopathic remedy to counter your day-to-day issues related to health. The benefits of this concoction must have been drilled into your head by several bollywood flicks that use it as a potent trope. In case you are still unaware, go through the following points.
You can experience the advantages of haldi milk in these many ways:
- It helps to treat common cold: A running nose and a clogged throat can be gotten rid of by drinking warm turmeric milk. Common cold is a recurrent problem bothering most people. It cures the soreness in one's throat and is also sought after because of its antibacterial or antiviral properties.
- If you suffer from body aches, this drink will give you relief: Athletes are particularly fond of this golden drink as it adds strength to a person's overall structure. Haldi milk makes the joints of your body sturdy; especially your spine.
- It is great for the health of your liver: If you have a problematic liver that keeps giving you a hard time, you should try drinking haldi milk. Haldi is known for its positive effects on one's lymphatic system. It can purify your blood by eliminating impurities in it, thus further accelerating liver function.
- You must see how it stalls the growth of cancer cells: Cancer is one threatening disease that once contracted, is hard to be curbed. Haldi can effectively stall the growth and multiplication of cancer cells in case of breast, lungs, colon, and prostate cancers.
- Painful menstruations can be taken care of now: If menstrual cramps turn you into an irritable, curled up mass, you should surely go for turmeric milk. There is no point in bearing with intolerable pain for ven a few days of the month when a solution as handy as this is available for you. It acts as an antispasmodic and pregnant women drink it to ensure smooth delivery.
- Sleepless nights can be kept at bay: Amino acids are required for a good eight hours of sleep. Haldi milk contains tryptophan which is a sleep inducing amino acid.
Inflammation and resultant pain in the joints are usually the basic tenets of Arthritis. This joint disorder can be painful and often, a debilitating one. It can also make the joints stiff. There are many ways of dealing with this problem, but with Ayurveda, one can get to the root cause of the ailment and its presence. This helps in taking a well rounded holistic approach towards treating it with ancient know how that revolves around herbs and other natural substances which have great medicinal value, lifestyle changes, diet, exercise and Yoga, oil massages, and other methods. Arthritis is known as Sandhivata in Ayurvedic jargon.
Read on to find out how Ayurveda can help in dealing with Arthritis:
- Herbs: One can make use of various herbs that contain Linoleic Acid to help in providing lubrication to the joints so as to prevent pain and stiffness. These herbs include Borage seed oil which is extracted from Borage seed, Evening Primrose oil, Blackcurrant seed oil, Capsaicin, Curcumin, Feverfew, Flaxseed oil and a standard Ayurvedic concoction that combines Ashwagandha, Gugulla, ginger, cumin and haldi or turmeric. These substances can help in treating the joints that are suffering from the pain of Arthritis.
- Diet: In Ayurveda, to treat ailments like Arthritis, it is usually recommended that a patient should start by flushing out the body toxins from within. Diet is one of the ways in which this can be done. A detoxification diet to clean the colon would be one of the foremost ways of doing a cleanse. Further, in one's daily diet, there should be a good dose of vegetables, fruits and other juices. Also, one must have plenty of herbs and spices, which can be used to season the food. Curd should generally be avoided and garlic should be used liberally. The various properties that help in an inside out cleanse that will help the system function in a better manner so that the treatment of ailments is also effectively supported.
- Exercise: In Ayurveda, a certain amount of daily exercise, which spans at least 45 minutes to one hour, is a must. A pattern of healthy eating, restful sleep and exercise is what usually helps in treating ailments like Arthritis. For this ailment specifically, light exercise like walking is recommended. Various Yoga asanas that involve sitting, standing, balancing and lying down poses as well as restful poses will also help in treating knee, shoulder and lower back pain specifically. Also, mustard oil massages can help in reducing the pain.
These are the few ways in which Ayurveda can help Arthritis patients live a more normal life with minimal pain.
Gastritis is a very common health issue and is faced by all all age groups. There are many factors that lead to gastritis or compound the already existing situation. Basically, gastritis is swelling of stomach lining. Spicy food, medicines, tobacco, alcohol etc. can cause or increase the gastric acid production and disturb, weaken or damage the normal stomach lining.
Gastritis is of two types:
- Acute gastritis, which occurs suddenly
- Chronic gastritis, which develops over a period of time
In India, gastritis is a very common disorder which occurs at any age but is more widespread in the adolescent age group (12-17 years).
Gastritis occurs when there is an imbalance between the acid production and damage to the stomach lining, resulting in swelling of the stomach lining. However, sometimes gastritis can cause pain in the upper part of the abdomen and may lead to stomach ulcers.
Symptoms of gastritis vary among individuals, and in many people there are even no symptoms. It also depends on the duration of disease, whether it is acute (happening suddenly) or chronic (causing symptoms over a long period of time).
The most common symptoms of acute gastritis include:
- Water brashes (sour fluid or tasteless saliva into the mouth)
- Belching (expelling air from the stomach through the mouth)
- Abdominal bloating or stomach fullness
- Upper abdominal pain or discomfort
- Nausea/feeling of vomiting
- Irregular bowel movement
- Recurrent indigestion
Simple natural ways to treat gastritis:
- Taking half a gram of long pepper powder with honey is an effective way to curb gastritis. It is advisable to take this mixture twice a day.
- Triphla powder is a very good Ayurvedic remedy to treat gastritis. Boil one tablespoon of Triphla powder in one glass of water, reduce it to half its content and then filter it. Consume it hot after dinner.Fennel seeds also very efficiently deals with the condition of gastritis. It is advisable to chew half a teaspoon of fennel seeds after food to keep gastritis at bay.
- Readily available lemon also helps relieve feeling of nausea and bloating. Having lemon juice subsides vomiting sensation and bloating.
- Triphla powder is a very good Ayurvedic remedy to treat gastritis. Boil one tablespoon of Triphla powder in one glass of water, reduce it to half its content and then filter it. Consume it hot 20 minutes after dinner. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Takram laghu Kashaya amlam deepanam kaphavatajit | Shopha udara arsha grahani dosha mootragraha aruchihi | pleeha gulma ghritavyapat gara paandu aamayaan jayet || –
Ashtanga Hrudaya Sutra sthana – 5th chapter
Buttermilk finds a special mention in Ayurveda, is described as a drink that even gods are envious of which shows the many benefits of this drink. It is said to improve circulation, detoxifies and cleanses the system and helpful to those with diarrhea and IBS. The other diseases that Buttermilk helps in treating are hypertension, arthrosclerosis and heart disease. Different ways of preparation along with the amount of water is used for different Kapha, Vata, Pitta systems.
Buttermilk- A Delight
- Butter milk does not cause heaviness when consumed. Hence it is known to have the quality “laghu”. It gets digested quickly and easily. Butter milk is usually sour in taste and acts as an astringent. (Due to this property butter milk helps in reducing pores caused by acne and pimples. It reduces hyper motility of intestines during diarrhea and IBS. This property also helps to shrink hemorrhoids).Aggravated Kapha and Vata are mitigated by buttermilk. It is the best appetizer. According to Ayurveda it reduces bloating of stomach, eases symptoms of hemorrhoids, soothes intestines in IBS and helps in indigestion. It also reduces effects of poison and is very useful in treating anemia.
- Butter milk detoxifies body and cleanses the intestines, relieves constipation and helps to replenish intestinal flora. It has less fat compared to milk and is rich in calcium, potassium and Vitamin B12.
- Takra cleanses the channels of circulation (srotas), as a result of which rasa, the end product of digestion of food, reaches the tissues properly. It creates proper nourishment, strength, and complexion. It cures one hundred diseases including those of Vata (80 in numbers) and Kapha (20 in numbers).
- The micro channels carrying nutrients to all cells in the body, when they get clogged or blocked due to any reason, the particular organ or system suffers in efficiency due to lack of nutrition. It is essential to remove such blockages. The herbs or their combinations which tackle these problems are termed “Rasayana” in Ayurveda. The forces which cause the blockage or resistance must be removed. The channels which cause transport are termed “strotas”. Acharya Charaka opines that buttermilk removes such blockages and purifies the “strotas”. This causes better movement (`ayana’) of `anna-rasa’, the nutrients. When adequate nutrition is obtained by cells (“koshas”), they start working with full force.
- Due to saturation or ageing of strotas during old-age, the control systems of the body do not get adequate nutrients, which cause aging symptoms such as reduction of memory (dementia), reduced vision, wrinkles on the skin, graying of hair, etc.
- But those who take buttermilk regularly, do not age faster, keep their arteries flexible for a longer time. Thus buttermilk is an elixir (param-amrutam) which keeps `Jara’ (old age) and `Vyadhi’ (disease) away. The Ayurveda treats buttermilk as an excellent food to keep cholesterol related problems miles away.
- With all of that said, you see how great Takra is for health of digestion and this means the entire health of the body and mind.
The properties and Actions of Takra
Rasa (Taste): Astringent, sour, and sweet
Anurasa (Secondary taste): Astringent
Veerya (Potency or energy): Hot
Vipaka (Post digestive effect): Sweet
Guna (Quality): Binding, light, dry
Actions: Digestive, promotes intellect and nourishes the brain tissues, promotes immunity, pacifies Vata, and gives satisfaction.
Types of buttermilk and benefits
- Full cream buttermilk: Full cream buttermilk added with sugar calms Vata and Pitta. Very nourishing in nature. It is similar to curds in qualities.
- No cream buttermilk: It calms Kapha and Pitta. It is good for people with diabetes.
- Half water buttermilk: Improves strength and digestive power.
- No fat buttermilk: Calms Pitta, natural coolant, relieves tiredness, calms Vata and Kapha.
- According to Ayurveda, Curd at night is contra indicated. During night, curd is substituted with buttermilk.
Buttermilk and its uses
- Ayurveda uses buttermilk both to maintain health and to treat diseases.
- Butter milk is easy to digest, has astringent and sour tastes and is hot in nature.
- Buttermilk improves digestion and mitigates Kapha and Vata.
- In Ayurvedic treatment, it is useful in the treatment of inflammation, gastro intestinal disorders, lack of appetite, spleen disorders and anemia.
- Buttermilk is highly beneficial during winter, in indigestion and in Vata imbalance related disorders.
- It is given in cases of excessive ghee consumption.
- In the disease like sprue, mixing powdered leaves of the holy fig tree and dry ginger in buttermilk and drinking it is very beneficial.
- Drinking buttermilk made from fresh milk of cow, without mixing salt in it purifies the blood. It gives strength and vitality. The complexion of the body improves. It destroys numerous disease related to Vata and Kapha doshas.
- If equal quantities of powdered dry ginger, powdered black pepper, powdered of the leaves of fig tree and powdered rock salt is mixed in buttermilk and then had, it cures indigestion. Similarly, if only powdered dry ginger and powdered black pepper is mixed with buttermilk, it too destroys indigestion.
- The pulp of wood apple, if mixed with the buttermilk, cures diarrhea, dysentery and excessive hemorrhage.
- Drinking buttermilk mixed with powdered asafetida powdered cumin seed and powdered rock salt, cures diarrhea and abdominal pains.
- Drinking buttermilk made out of cow's milk mixed with powdered black pepper powdered dry ginger, powdered leaves of fig tree and "Veed salt" cures abdominal pains.
- Drinking buttermilk mixed with raw sugar (gud) cures urinary disease especially Uremia.
- Giving buttermilk mixed with "Vayvidang" powder to the children cures them from the worms in their stomach.
Buttermilk contra indication
- Since Buttermilk is hot in nature, it is to be avoided
- During summer,
- In persons with injury
- In debilitated persons
- Person suffering from giddiness and in diseases related to Pitta imbalance.
A migraine is something, which can really make a person’s day go from bad to worse. However, while popping an aspirin may be the age old solution for solving such a literally mind numbing issue, it really does not mean that this is the best solution. Theoretically, the best solution to a migraine should come naturally to the person, who is unfortunately the victim of a migraine.
It is more than a headache
When a person has a migraine, he or she is likely to know that this is the case due to a pulsating sensation behind the eye. In addition to this, there are quite a few other symptoms which include pain on one side of the head, nausea and a sensitiveness to light in its various forms.
Natural treatments for migraine
There are a range of possible natural solutions a person can make use of to get rid of migraine hits.
- One of these solutions is quite simple, even if it sounds a little odd! Take a few cabbage leaves, crush them and using a soft cloth, apply the paste on the forehead of the person who is having a migraine attack.
- While a person who is down with migraine may feel that life has given him or her lemons, he or she should really not despair. This is because these lemons can be made use of, as well, in order to make the ill effects of the migraine go away. To do this, take five lemons, peel them, grind them well and then add a little bit of water to make a paste. Apply this paste to the patient’s forehead.
- Apart from using remedies to cure migraine, there are a few other things which are needed to be done in order to get up and running as soon as possible. One of these things is to get enough rest. Taking into account the fact that a migraine has the potential to severely hinder the prospect of a person functioning normally, for a person to push himself or herself against the intense migraine discomfort so as to fulfil his or her responsibilities will not only result in substandard work, but will also make the situation worse.
- Hot and cold compress can also go some way in improving a person’s migraine problem.
- All beverages apart from water and tea should be avoided. Water hydrates and is essential while tea is diuretic.
If you follow these natural remedies, you will successfully be able to treat your migraine issue. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Oil pulling includes gargling oil around the mouth like a mouthwash. During oil pull you put a tablespoon of oil in your mouth and then rinse it around for 15 to 20 minutes. The advantage of doing this is, it decreases the measure of unsafe bacteria in the mouth. The microscopic organisms in the mouth create a biofilm on the teeth a thin layer that they use to stick to the surface. This is what we call ‘plaque’.
Having some plaque on your teeth is only normal. Yet, when it gets out of hand, it can bring about a wide range of issues, including bad breath, yellow teeth, gum aggravation, gingivitis and cavities. The way oil pulling works is basic. When you are gargling oil around your mouth, the bacteria get stuck in it and break down in the fluid oil.
Here is a step-by-step instruction for the procedure:
- Add 1 or 2 teaspoons of oil in your mouth. Natural sesame oil is generally used in oil pulling. It is also okay to go with natural coconut oil.
- Rinse for around 20 minutes. The oil will get thicker and smooth as it blends with the saliva during this time and it should to be velvety white while releasing. It will be twofold in volume during this time because of the salivation. It can be difficult to gargle for the full 20 minutes, but it is very effective.
- Spit the oil into a dustbin in case you have a septic framework. Do not spit into the sink. The oil may thicken and clog the pipes. Try not to swallow the oil as it is ideally full of bacteria, poisons and discharge that are currently not in the mouth.
- Wash well with warm water. Warm water will clean the mouth better. Rinse a couple times with warm water to get any residual oil out of the mouth. A few sources prescribe washing with warm salt water.
- Brush well. Try to brush with a brushing blend to ensure any bacteria that still remains, is killed.
Some of the most common benefits of oil pulling are as follows:
- Can reduce harmful bacteria in the mouth: Streptococcus mutans is one of the principle bacteria in the mouth and a key player in plaque development and tooth decay.
- Can reduce plaque and gingivitis: Gingivitis is caused by aggravation of the gums and happens when the immune system begins attacking the microbes in the plaque.
- Can reduce bad breath: Bad breath, also called halitosis, is caused by the scent of chemicals and gasses delivered by the bacteria in the mouth.
To start with...
When we talk about arogyavardhani rasa it gives a picture that one medicine with its different way of approach and use gives different results showing its efficacy and potency. For e. G it has laxative action which helps to eliminate toxins out of the body, therefore it is recommended in chronic constipation and skin disorders. It possesses cholagogue, hepatoprotective and liver stimulant action and is indicated in jaundice, hepatitis and chronic indigestion. It is useful in cases of generalized oedema and ascites as it has laxative and diuretic action.
Arogyavardhini rasa by its cholagogue action stimulates secretion of bile from liver into small intestine which in turn binds to fat present in food; excrete them out without being absorbed. Therefore it is useful in hyperlipidaemia and obesity. In endocrine disorder it is also used for long term treatment. It regulates secretion of digestive enzymes in g. I. Tract therefore indicated in cases of chronic indigestion.
Many preparatory methods have been explained in rasashastra, arogyavardhani rasa is a formulation told in rasaratna samuchya-kushtaroga chikitsa. Among the 4 major methods of preparation in rasashastra, namely kharaleeya, kupipakwa, parpati pottali; arogyavardhani rasa belongs to kharaleeya rasayana.
On the basis of presence of gandhaka in the formulation, the preparations are of two types i. E. Sagandha &amp; nirgandha; arogyavardhani rasa is a sagandha type. Based on the involvement of agni, the vatis are vahnisiddha avahnisiddha, among these two; arogyavardhani rasa belongs to avahnisiddha type of category.
The formulation is called arogyavardhini vati, but the original formulation calls it as arogyavardhani rasa which means that it does the vardhana of arogya by subsiding all the diseases but with the influence of time it has been presently called as arogyavardhini rasa.
All references of arogyavardhani rasa:-
Ayurveda formulary of india
Homogeneous mixing of all powders
Liquefying shu. Guggulu &amp; shu. Shilajatu
Mixing liquefied shu. Guggulu shu. Shilajatu with homogeneously mixed powder.
Extraction of nimbapatra swarasa
Mardana for 2 days
Dose and anupana:-
Make pills of rajakolaphala pramana-12gms
Anupana- ardraka swarasa, madhu, nimba swarasa, ksheera, toya.
Difference of opinion:-
The bhavana of the formulation is said to be done for 3 days with nimbapatra swarasa.
The size of vati is said to kshudrakola pramana (6gms)
2 types of arogyavardhani rasa has been told as
A. Arogyavardhani vati (avv)
B. Brihat arogyavardhani gutika (bavg)
Also there is one arogyavardhani churna (avc) mentioned in the same text*
In the explanation of bavg proportion of ingredients are same as told in rasaratna samuchya, the only difference is in the form of bhavana dravya used
Bhavana with nimbavrikshadalaambhu.
Bhavana with nimbapatradala kwatha.
* avc is available in bheshaja samhita, originally from rasoddhar tantra. All the ingredients of arogyavardhani gutika are present except for rasa gandhaka. The other ingredients are in different proportions. Bhavana dravya is nimbapatra rasa, method of drying is said to be in dry shade and main indication is in medoroga
How a skin disorder occurs:-
Nidana sevan like viruddhahar, mamsa seava with dugdha, purva janmakritta paap, vegadharana, ativyavaya etc
Vitiation of doshas with vata pradhanata
Vata taking pitta kapha along with it in tiryak-gati into the siras,
Vitiation of siras
Circulation of doshas in the baahya rogamarga
Vitiating twak, mamsa, lasika and rakta
Accumulation of doshas in twak
Giving rise to mandaladi lakshanas and thereby producing various skin disorders.
Why and how to use in skin disorders:-
In the conditions where the symptoms are mamsashrita
If there is vivarnata, rukshata, sparasha ajnanta, ati sweda and twacha vikriti along with patches which are very reddish, severe and elevated (like pakwa gulara sadrissha), in such conditions use of gandhaka rasayana is prefered rather than arogyavardhani rasa.
In the conditions like excessive itching, dark patches on itching and pus formation- arogyavardhani is given with manjisthadi kwatha.
In the conditions like hard- thick patches on the skin, severe dryness in the mouth, formation of small pistules on the skin, pricking and piercing type of pain etc;- arogyavardhani is given with haridra kwatha or dugdha.
Probable mode of action:-
Arogyavardhani rasa is murchitavastha of parada which definitely has vyadhinashaka shakti.
All the ingredients bhavana dravyas are independently twaka rogahara.
Parada, gandhaka, loha-tamra-abhraka--bhasma, shilajatu, triphala, guggulu acts as rasayana.
Yogvahi guna of parada, shilajatu, loha bhasma acts in enhancing the twaka roganashan, kledashoshaka and kusthahara gunas
Laghu guna being dominant, presence of katu rasa of gandhaka, tikta rasa of loha-tamra bhasma, shilajatu, katuki, guggulu acts as sookshmasrotogami, kanduhara, vranashodhana, kledashoshana, sthirikara of twaka &amp; mamsa.
Pathya-apathya (do's and don'ts):-
According to aushadha guna dharma shastra-
1. Only milk diet should be taken and basti should be given (a possible reason is as kustha is related with brihadantra vikriti i. E large intestine, where there is vata dushti).
2. For starting few days, only liquid diet is given, langhan is to be followed.
Arogyavardhani rasa (herbo-mineral preparation) contains drugs which are having twaka rogahara properties. It is a unique formulation of ayurvedic herbs and metalo-minerals useful for all kinds of skin diseases such as acne, pimples, eczema, and psoriasis. It is very effective for the treatment of acne and pimples and to remove the scars. It is an excellent product for skin diseases as it has the property of purifying the blood. It helps to cleanse the blood from impurities and thus helps in treating all kinds of skin diseases.
Sinusitis is an irritation or swelling of the tissue covering the sinuses. Healthy sinuses are loaded with air. But there are times when they get blocked and loaded with fluid. In such cases, germs can develop and cause an infection. Due to this infection, your nose gets heavily blocked along with you sinuses and might make it difficult for you to breathe.
Conditions that can bring about sinus blockage include the following:
Allergic rhinitis (swelling of the lining around the nose)
Little developments or growths in the covering of the nose called nasal polyps
A deviated septum (a shift in the nasal cavity)
Here are some of the ways you can get rid of sinusitis naturally:
Stay Hydrated: Drink a lot of water, soup or broth, along with juices with no added sugar and hot tea. These liquids will disperse bodily fluids and drain it from the disturbed sinuses.
Salt Water Rinse: In case you suffer from sinus infections often, invest in a neti pot. This helpful container makes it simple to hydrate your nasal tract, getting out undesirable bodily fluids and any contaminants you may have breathed, an which may have been caught in the nasal cavity.
Turmeric/Ginger Root: Turmeric root is an excellent fragrant spice found in most Indian and Middle Eastern dishes. Turmeric not only contains the regular calming and anti-inflammatory curcumin, it is also an antioxidant. When it is mixed with hot ginger ale and blended with hot tea, this mixture can remove excess fluid from the clogged nasal sections, ease sinus pressure and make you feel better.
Spicy Food: Spicy ingredients such as mustard, hot peppers, curry, horseradish, and masala in one’s food may help in clearing sinuses. In case you like spices, think about including some hot flavours to your food to open your nasal entries.
Apply Warm Packs: You can use a warm pack to keep the nasal tissues damp. Also, fill a round bowl or pot with steaming water and place your face over it with a towel around your head to inhale the steam in. This will open up your sinuses and make an easy path for fluid drainage.
Take a Steam: High temperature water vapour can saturate the sinuses. Sprinkle a couple drops of eucalyptus or menthol in the shower or bath and steam up your bathroom. A hot shower can also relax the bodily fluid as well as the mucus and debris that are stuck inside your nose.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is not only powerful in disposing off sinus issues; it can also be used for different skin and hair issues. What it does essentially for sinus infection is that it clears up the nose so that the bodily fluid can be removed quickly.
HellO doctors. I am a 20 years male. I have hairfall problem from almost half a year now.In details I have itchy scalp and when I scratch my scalp approx. 5 hairs falls down and that had became normal to see.(for me). One can't spot that much of white thing (what I call dandruff, but don't know what it is) on my hairs but it can be seen when focused. I don't know my scalp type. When I scratch or comb my hairs. Not in all hairs that fall but in some of them there is a white thing sticked at the root point and if I try to separate it from fallen hair this takes some force, not that much but also not as easy as just touching and removing this white thing from hair root. As for medication or treatment by the source which is internet. I am using coconut oil to condition my hairs for approx. To hours and then wash it off with shampoo (loreal Instant clear. Sometimes I switch the oils like mustard oil, amla oil (Indian gooseberry oil) but mostly its been coconut oil and shampoo remained same from almost a month or more. But nothing seems to work. My hairfall problem is not gone and so as that white thing. PLEASE HELP.
Two months ago my fasting blood sugar level 260. No physical work due to knee fracture ,totally 3 month on bed ,my father also diabetic. Then on doctor advise I took glycomet 500 mg 2 time for 10 days. After that sugar level 180 fasting. On advise I took medicine 1 time. And start some movement .then sugar level 110. Stop medicine on doctor advise. After 10 days stopping medicine my sugar level 130. Kindly tell me can I start medicine or not.
Jaundice (also known as icterus) is a yellowish pigmentation of the skin, the conjunctival membranes over the sclera (whites of the eyes), and other mucous membranes caused by hyperbilirubinemia (increased levels of bilirubin in the blood). This hyperbilirubinemia subsequently causes increased levels of bilirubin in the extracellular fluid. Concentration of bilirubin in blood plasma does not normally exceed 1 mg/dl (gt 17 x00b5 mol/l). A concentration higher than 1.8 mg/dl (gt 30 x00b5 mol/l) leads to jaundice. This is a brief presentation on jaundice and its ayurvedic management.
Jaundice, also known as icterus is a disease caused due to the dysfunction of the liver. It is the most common of all liver disorders that results from an obstruction in the bile duct or the loss of the bile producing liver cells. Jaundice refers to the yellowing of skin and whites of the eyes caused by the high level of pigment bilirubin in the body. Bile is a vital digestive fluid that is essential for proper nutrition. It is unable to function properly and filtering and elimination of toxins from your system is affected.
Jaundice is caused mainly by the dysfunctional liver or other liver diseases. In tropical countries jaundice is more likely to happen because of the extreme nature of summer heat and digestive difficulties that it causes. Chronic digestive disorders like bowels inflammatory syndromes, gastric problems also play bigger roles in causing the disease. In relation to these internal causes jaundice can be of various types. Apart from this hepatitis virus can cause some major types of jaundice which can be potential life threats. Obstructive jaundice is another type of jaundice which is caused by obstruction caused in the liver function to relieve the bilirubin from the body. Pregnancy related jaundice and jaundice at child birth are other types of jaundice which is more common in pregnant women. Before introducing some of the major types of jaundice, for a better clinical understanding of the disease let us take a look at the basic process which causes jaundice.
Causes, incidence, and risk factors:
Every day, a small number of red blood cells in your body die, and are replaced by new ones. The liver removes the old blood cells, forming bilirubin. The liver helps break down bilirubin so that it can be removed by the body in the stool. This waste product is called bilirubin and when liver cannot perform its assigned function of relieving this waste product from our organic process the higher amount of presence of this chemical substance in the blood is felt and this is how the jaundice occurs. All major types of jaundice can have different areas of reasoning for the malfunction of the production process and relieving process of bilirubin, but the basic facts related with the bilirubin and its effects are all same in all minor or major types of jaundice
When too much bilirubin builds up in the body, jaundice may result.
Jaundice is caused due to following causes:
Obstruction of the bile ducts (by infection, tumor or gallstones)
Viral hepatitis (hepatitis a, hepatitis b, hepatitis c, hepatitis d, and hepatitis e)
Drug-induced cholestasis (bile pools in the gallbladder because of the effects of drugs)
Drug-induced hepatitis (hepatitis triggered by medications, including erythromycin sulfa drugs, antidepressants, anti-cancer drugs, aldomet, rifampin, steroids, chlorpropamide, tolbutamide, oral contraceptives, testosterone, propylthiouracil)
Alcoholic liver disease (alcoholic cirrhosis)
Pancreatic carcinoma (cancer of the pancreas)
Primary biliary cirrhosis
Ischemic hepatocellular jaundice (jaundice caused by inadequate oxygen or inadequate blood flow to the liver)
Intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy (bile pools in the gallbladder because of the pressure in the abdomen with pregnancy)
Congenital disorders of bilirubin metabolism (gilbert’s syndrome, dubin-johnson syndrome, rotor’s syndrome)
Chronic active hepatitis
Jaundice is often a sign of a problem with the liver, gallbladder, or pancreas. Infections, use of certain drugs, cancer, blood disorders, gallstones, birth defects and a number of other medical conditions can lead to jaundice.
Jaundice may appear suddenly or develop slowly over time. Common symptoms of jaundice commonly include:
Yellow skin and the white part of the eyes (sclera) -- when jaundice is more severe, these areas may look brown
Yellow color inside the mouth
Dark or brown-colored urine
Pale or clay-colored stools
Other symptoms depend on the disorder causing the jaundice:
Cancers may produce no symptoms, or there may be fatigue, weight loss, or other symptoms
Hepatitis may produce nausea, vomiting, fatigue, or other symptoms.
When a pathological process interferes with the normal functioning of the metabolism and excretion of bilirubin just described, jaundice may be the result. Jaundice is classified into three categories, depending on which part of the physiological mechanism the pathology affects.
Pre-hepatic jaundice: it is caused by anything which causes an increased rate of hemolysis (breakdown of red blood cells).
Laboratory findings include:
Urine: no bilirubin present, urobilinogen gt; 2 units (i.e. hemolytic anemia causes increased heme metabolism; exception: infants where gut flora has not developed).
Serum: increased unconjugated bilirubin.
Kernicterus is associated with increased unconjugated bilirubin.
Hepatocellular jaundice: it can be caused by acute or chronic hepatitis, hepatotoxicity, cirrhosis, drug induced hepatitis and alcoholic liver disease.
Laboratory findings depend on the cause of jaundice, include:
Urine: conjugated bilirubin present, urobilirubin gt; 2 units but variable (except in children). Kernicterus is a condition not associated with increased conjugated bilirubin.
Plasma protein show characteristic changes.
Plasma albumin level is low but plasma globulins are raised due to an increased formation of antibodies.
Post-hepatic jaundice: it is also called obstructive jaundice, is caused by an interruption to the drainage of bile in the biliary system. The most common causes are gallstones in the common bile duct, and pancreatic cancer in the head of the pancreas. Also, a group of parasites known as" liver flukes" can live in the common bile duct, causing obstructive jaundice.
The presence of pale stools and dark urine suggests an obstructive or post-hepatic cause as normal feces get their color from bile pigments. However, although pale stools and dark urine is a feature of biliary obstruction, they can occur in many intra-hepatic illnesses and are therefore not a reliable clinical feature to distinguish obstruction from hepatic causes of jaundice. Patients also can present with elevated serum cholesterol, and often complain of severe itching or" pruritus" because of the deposition of bile salts.
Signs and tests:
No single test can differentiate between various classifications of jaundice. A combination of liver function tests is essential to arrive at a diagnosis.
Other tests vary, but may include:
Hepatitis virus panel to look for infection of the liver
Liver function tests to determine how well the liver is working
Complete blood count to check for low blood count or anemia
Abdominal ct scan
Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ercp)
Percutaneous transhepatic cholangiogram (ptca)
In the ayurvedic perspectrive jaundice (kamala) is a complaint of the pitta region of the body, which denotes a build up of toxins in an intestinal area that is causing an in-balance in the overall dosha. You need to expel such toxins to rebalance the immune system and yourself. All the great indian laureates viz. Acharaya charaka, sushruta and vagbhatta have described the yakrita roga (liver diseases). Acharaya charaka has mentioned a detailed description of kamala roga in connection with liver disease. He has given details of nidan, samprapti, rupa, bheda, sadhyasadhayata and chikitsa karma. The concept of kamala in ayurveda kayam malyati iti kamala. i.e. The whole body becomes dirty because of accumulation of pitta in the body which refers to accumulation of bilirubin in this context. Kamala produces various signs and symptoms as haridra netra (yellow discoloration of conjunctiva), haridra twaka (yellow colour of skin), haridra nakha (yellow nails), bheka varna (frog like body color), daha (burning sensation), ajirna (indigestion), daurbalaya (weakness), kshudhanasha (anorexia) etc.
Since liver is the largest organ and main site of metabolism and detoxification, the diet should be easily digestible during this condition. So ayurvedic treatment contains such medicines which will facilitate removal of waste substances from the gut and kidney.
The treatment of kamala (jaundice) must start with purgation. The basic theory is that no burden be placed on the liver and for that, a daily purgative is recommended. A diuretic may also be administered to encourage the flow of urine, which will expel most of the bile from the system this helps to remove the toxins accumulated in the liver and the rest of the body. Strong purgatives are avoided. Oral medicines and rasayana treatments are also given to the patient. Strong purgatives are avoided.
Ayurvedic treatments for jaundice will aim to rectify the pitta imbalance and eliminate the toxins accumulated in the human system. Elimination of toxins is done through the panchakarma treatments that begin with an oil massage followed by mild emesis and purgation with bitter herbs.
Regular intake of avipattikar churna about one- teaspoonful twice a day with hot water.
Arogyavardhani vati 2-2 tablets regularly with hot water twice a day.
Punarnava mandoor, 1 tab thice daily for 2 to 3 weeks.
Navrayas loh can also be given in the dose of 125mg thrice daily.
Daily consumption of triphala powder (10gm) soaked in water overnight. (equivalent to lactulose)
Regular intake of guduchi juice 10gm twice or thrice a day.
Daily intake of neem juice is also useful for jaundice
Rohitakyadi, punarnava, phalatrikyadi kwath, dhatri lauha etc. May also be used.
Some routine home remedies:
Mix 1 teaspoon of roasted barley powder to 1 cup of water. Add 1 teaspoon of honey to it and have this twice a day.
Add 1 teaspoon paste of basil leaves to a cup of radish juice. Have this juice twice a day for 15-20 days.
Have a cup of sugarcane juice with teaspoon of basil leaves paste twice a day. Juice should be prepared in hygienic conditions so as to avoid contamination from dust or other substances
Pathya-apathya (do's don'ts):
Avoid non-vegetarian foods at least till the effects of the jaundice last on the skin. Do not take even heavy vegetarian foods. The reason is that the liver needs to produce more bile to digest these heavy foodstuffs and this could alleviate the pigmentation of the skin.
Completely restrict your intake of junk food such as chocolate, cakes, pastries, potato chips, ice-creams, colas and other aerated drinks, etc.
Always drink water that is filtered or boiled. Do not drink raw milk.
Do not eat sea foods especially oysters, unless you are sure they have come from a reliable source.
Take simple food for the first three days of the jaundice affliction. Have a meal of porridge, especially rice gruel (kanji). You can flavor it with jaggery syrup or honey.
There must be a complete abstinence of salt as it is a mineral and requires a difficult digestion process.
Do not give cereals and pulses to the patient as they cause inflammation in the liver. Grapes, black soya beans, nuts, sweet potatoes are the fruits that are beneficial in jaundice.
Vegetable salad of tomato, carrot, radish and its leaves, and two-three slices of lemon are very good for health and very effective in curing jaundice in a natural way.
It is advised for the patient suffering with jaundice to take proper rest and drink fruit juices.
Bitter vegetables like bitter gourd and the bitter variety of drumsticks are beneficial to the jaundice patient.
Alcohol is very harmful to the jaundice patient. It can complicate the disease with fatal consequences. Hence say a strict no to alcohol.