Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can view profiles of all Ayurvedas online in Jammu. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sumit Abrol
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Hair Fall
Management of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorder
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Masturbation Addiction
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Body Weakness
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Leg Pain
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Treatment of Small Penis Size
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment of Sleeping Problems
Treatment of Erection Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Sumit AbrolYour feedback matters!
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sumit to be very helpful, well-reasoned, caring, sensible and inspiring. Thank you very much
While most people recover from first and second degree burns without fatal consequences, third-degree burns pose a different story altogether.
Third-degree burns occur when the damage to the skin extends beyond the dermis, and perforates deep within the tissues. This sort of injury is the most serious one. For instance, injuries sustained from a fire breakout, acid attack, etc.
- Charred/black skin
The damage to the nerves caused by third-degree burns are so extensive, that the victim may feel very little or no pain.
There are several complications associated with third-degree burn injuries, such as the following-
How Ayurveda heals third-degree burn injuries-
Burn injuries, especially of third-degree, leaves behind ugly, unpleasant scars. Moreover, such distressing marks can be traumatic for the victim as it may bring back horrific memories of the incident. Many times the person may feel hesitant to visit a doctor or go for a therapy. This is when Ayurveda comes to your aid.
Ayurveda uses therapeutic and natural remedies- essential oils, herbs and spices- to relieve pain, and helps you get rid of those burn scars. Some of the natural ingredients used in Ayurvedic treatment include-
- Use of herbal oils Lavender and Calendula helps in quick relief from burn injuries.
- An ointment prepared from red sandalwood, gairika, tugaksiri, and plaksa extracts can be applied on injuries caused due to third degree burn.
- Applying cucumber juice or Jatyadi oil on the affected area with cotton balls offers relief from the pain.
- Prepare a paste using mustard oil and henna leaves, and apply the same on burn injuries. This will provide instant relief from irritation.
- Prepare an herbal pack using, turmeric, amla, etc. that are rich in anti-inflammatory, antibacterial properties. This can heal burn scars and ease pain.
Apart from these, Ayurveda also suggests following a bland (without spices), healthy diet so that the injury does not aggravate the injury further.
Skin burns are the most common kind of injury that any person can encounter. The degree of the burn depends on its severity and the effects can vary accordingly. Burns caused from chemicals should be treated as medical emergencies because though most of them occur on the surface, some can also cause serious tissue damage.
What are chemical burns?
Chemical burns usually occur when the skin is exposed to toxic chemicals like acid, bleach, drain or toilet bowl cleaners, metal cleaners and pool chlorinators etc. The intensity of the damage depends on the strength or the concentration of the agent and the duration for which the skin remains exposed to it. Although unpredictable, sometimes the consequences are severe.
Here are five Ayurvedic treatments appropriate for treating burns caused due to chemicals.
- Banana leaves- Banana leaves have antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties. They are highly beneficial to treat skin burn injuries. The method is to crush the banana or make it into a paste and then apply the juice over the injured area.
- Egg whites- Egg whites can also assist in treating chemical burn injuries. Eggs are a good source of protein and they soothe the burn in no time. Immerse the burnt area in egg white and wait until the pain subsides. If the pain returns, repeat the procedure.
- Onion Juice- Onions contain sulfur compounds and quercetin proven to mitigate pain, heal tissues and restore the skin. Applying onion juice can give relief from pain caused due to chemical burns and must be applied immediately after the juice is extracted.
- Honey- Honey has exceptional wound care properties and can act as an effective balm for your injured skin. It also has medicinal properties, which can disinfect the burn. Applying honey helps to draw the fluids from the burnt tissue and keep the wound clean.
- Vinegar- Vinegar has significant antiseptic properties. The wound should be properly rinsed with vinegar diluted with water in order to speed up the healing process.
Apart from this, Ayurveda also recommends products like mint leaves and tea bags, oatmeal, milk, lavender essential oils and aloe vera to medicate burns caused from chemicals. Besides too much spicy food should be avoided.
Skin injuries encompass a wide range of light to serious conditions that can cause you pain. Among them, burns are probably of the most severe variety. Instead of using conventional treatments that leave scars and marks, would you like to use Ayurveda, that can naturally heal without any side effects? If the answer is yes, read on to find out how you can do so.
Causes of Burns:
Risks of burns are everywhere, from home to the streets, in the form of:
- Kitchen fires: Fires from cooking equipment like gas ovens can cause damage ranging from small burns on the cook to fires that can bring down a whole house.
- Electric cable fires: short circuits and breakages in electric wires lead to fires that can potentially be very destructive.
- Street accidents: accidents on streets, collision between vehicles, can lead to ignition of petrol tanks, leading to large fires causing burns.
Types of Burns:
Burns are categorized into types based on degree of severity, into the following types:
- First degree burns: these are the mildest variety, generally only causing a visible redness on the skin surface.
- Second degree burns: This is more severe than the previous, and causes blisters and swells on the skin surface along with visible redness. In both these cases, skin retains its normal colour or turns faintly whitish at maximum.
- Third degree burns: the most severe category of burns, characterised by numbness and disfigurement of skin. Skin may turn black, whitish or look completely like charcoal, burned and black, in appearance.
Ayurvedic Remedies for Burns:
Ayurveda offers a whole host of treatment procedures for healing burns, such as:
- Application of ghee: Using ghee made from cow milk in combination with extracts from barks of Pipal and Bargad trees create a useful remedy to treat burns. Just make a paste of these 3 ingredients and apply on the area.
- Application of cucumber juice: Cucumber juice is highly useful in treating burns, both in combination with water and with carrot juice and aloe vera paste.
- Honey and coconut oil: When used in equal amounts, honey and coconut oil is excellent remedy for burn treatment.
Burns are painful injuries, and there is nothing better than Ayurveda to treat it – no risk of side effects at all. Try to stay safe and avoid burns altogether, but if you do have any, use these remedies to get relief.