Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can view profiles of all ENT Specialists online in Jammu. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S.C.Sethi
Treatment of Cold Cough
Treatment of Throat Ache
Treatment of Ear Pain
Treatment of Sneezing
Treatment of Sinusitis
Treatment of Mouth Sores
Treatment of Flu
Treatment of Allergic Rhinitis
Coughing Treatment & Management
Treatment of Hearing Loss
Treatment of Sore Throat
Treatment of Blocked Nose
Treatment of Snoring
Treatment of Stammering
Treatment of Nose Bleed
Treatment of Tinnitus
Treatment of Vertigo
Ear Wax Removal Procedures
Treatment of Nose Infection
Treatment of Neck swelling
Submit a review for Dr. S.C.SethiYour feedback matters!
Imtiyaz Ahmad Bhat
one of the best doctor in Jammu I visited him very good doctor care about the patient and very helpful nice man I would like to recommend each and every one.
Wonderful amazing Mind-blowing but fee is too high it should be 2 or 2 & half hundred
Ajay Kumar Mishra
Cool and caring
I am getting giddiness after right ear operation whether it is bppv or sponglities or due to gastric please give suggest
Is there any cure for tinnitus. My ears are ringing continulsy from last two days and read from internet that there is no cure for tinnitus. Is it true?
My father is suffering from cerebral sinus thrombosis. They have blood clots in superior superior sagittal sinus & right transverse sinus. 15 days ago, they came across stroke, after stroke we had hospitalized them. Doctor gave him treatment of LMWH & now he is on xarelto for min. 2 years. Doctor said he have deficiency of protein C & S. And told us to check clotting status after 3 months. Now he is able to walk ,speak, and do all other activity as earlier. But still I need second opinion. Is possible to get reed of this clotting through operation or current treatment of Anti coagulation is right for them. Please suggest some specialist.
I am feeling suffocated after few hours. It feels that something is stuck in my throat. What should I do?
I had a very sore throat yesterday with no phlegm. Today, my throat is less sore but now with a little phlegm (mucus). What medication should I be taking ?
If you are experiencing pain, irritation, or itchiness in your throat, the condition is referred to as a sore throat. It is likely for you to face difficulty in swallowing food and the pain worsens when you want to swallow. The primary symptom of a sore throat is throat pain. People of all ages can get affected by a sore throat.
There are several causes of a sore throat. The most common ones are as follows:
- Viral infections are the most common causes of sore throat.
- These are the infections that are caused by a virus, like the flu or cold.
- Measles, chicken pox, and croup are other viral infections that cause a sore throat.
- Several bacterial infections also lead to a sore throat.
- They may include strep throat, diphtheria, and whooping cough.
- Several environmental factors also cause sore throat.
- Exposure to pollen, mold, pet dander, and several other irritants leads to postnasal drip.
- This causes throat pain and inflammation.
- Exposure to dry air, and smoking cigarettes are also common causes of a sore throat.
- For the diagnosis of a sore throat, a physical examination of your throat is carried out, and your throat will be examined using a lighted instrument.
- Doctors usually look out for inflammations and white patches that indicate strep throat. Your breathing will also be checked.
- The back of your throat can be swabbed for examining samples in order to determine the virus.
- Certain blood tests may also be required to be undertaken.
- The treatment of sore throat depends on the cause.
- In case your sore throat is caused by a bacterial infection, you will be prescribed antibiotics for killing the infectious bacteria.
- The medicines should be taken strictly according to a doctor’s prescription.
- You should complete the course to get effective results.
- If you stop the treatment at an early stage on noticing improvements, a sore throat can recur soon.
There are certain simple home remedies which are effective for curing the most common forms of sore throat. They include:
- Gargling with warm, salted water.
- Consuming warm fluids like soup, tea, and water.
- Having throat lozenges.
- Reducing the inflammation using ibuprofen and acetaminophen.
- Avoiding exposure to allergens and irritants.
In case your sore throat is caused by a viral infection, the virus should be left to run its course. During its course, you will be prescribed medicines like pain relievers and decongestants for relieving the symptoms. Antiviral drugs are also used in some cases for fighting the virus effectively.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!