Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Jammu and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. Pawan AroraYour feedback matters!
I am 23 old female having combination skin. I have uneven skin and feel circles on my face. What can I do to have a healthy fairer and even skin tone. Thanks in advance.
My daughter is suffering from stomach ache and loose motions form yesterday night ,moreover I found blood in her motions so please prescribe me duet as well as any medicine.
i want to know For applying skin brightening serum. Another fact is my face dull after using skinlite 0nly 5 days. Its very dangerous. Now my face is became little. Better. So now applying serum or lotion, its better for skin brightening, n its ingredients.===purified water. Sunflower oil, olive oil, almond oil, glycerol strarate, style alcohol, stearic acid, ceto cetyl alcohol, peg-100 glucostearate, kojic acid, sodium ascorbyl, phosphate, alpha arbutin, gluceryl cocoate, demethicon, lemon extract, mulberry extract, mallow extract, peppermint leaf extract, benozophenon-4 titanium dioxide, soya protein, milk protein,(casein, saffron extract phenoxy ethanol, carbomer 940, tacopherol Acetate, fragrance, its all ingredients.which cream might be suitable?
Hello doctor am 25 years old guy I have dark circles under the eyes. I sleep 7 hours a day but the dark circles does not gone. What is the best homeopathic medicine for this dark circle condition?
Hello I was suffering from anal fissure about 6 months ago it healed. But recently after I had a hard bm it started again I was in so much intense pain I am applying diltiazem 3 times a day it appears to be healing as I have a terrible itch. I am keeping my diet as follows Morning: oats with milk and fruits After noon: rice sambar curd Night: curd rice with salad 2 teaspoons of dufalac Will the fissure heal itself if so how many days will it approximately take Should I continue the diet lifelong Is there a permanent cure When can I eat meat and spicy foods.
I have some black spots on my face and I occasionally get small pimples after I masturbate, I try hard not to do so but in one week or two I loose my presence and do the same mistake to get a brand new pimple on my face. I have tried "Eraser Anti marks Cream" it helped me a lot in reducing the marks but the process of coming pimples continues. I have tried some homeopathic stuff also but they increased my issue. I have somewhat oily type of skin. Recently I viewed add of fair and lovely anti marks cream should I use that, sir please help. Thanks in advance.
A dermatologist is a medical professional who is trained to treat disorders pertaining to skin, hair and nails and genital diseases. Reddened skin, irritation, abnormal patches, blemishes on the skin etc. are the conditions affecting most people at some point of their lives. Hair loss, irritation on the scalp, dandruff, brittle nails are common as well and it is important to see a dermatologist if such conditions persist to prevent any major issue and for the overall well-being of an individual. Here are some very common reasons that drive people to visit their dermatologist.
1. Acne - Acne is the most common skin woe among teenagers and it affects adults as well. Although people tend to self- medicate or use home remedies for treating acne, it is important to recognize its cause. If acne is one's constant reason of embarrassment, it's time to see a professional and get some customized medication.
2. Sun spots or mole - Overexposure to the sun can cause varied skin conditions among which sunspots and sunburns are most commonly seen. If the exposed area develops irritation and red patches, one should seek professional help. An early examination can detect adverse issues like skin cancer, Moles are also very common, some people have moles since birth, and some develop new ones later in life. It is a cause of concern if the mole changes size, color or if it bleeds scabs or pains.
3. Eczema - Eczema is a broad term used to describe certain chronic conditions of the skin. Eczema causes the skin to become red, itchy, dry and swollen. It leads to great discomfort and distress often ruining one's sleep and mental peace. Atopic Dermatitis is a most common form of Eczema usually seen in children. Proper treatment can cause it to subside. If you observe any symptoms of eczema, a visit to the dermatologist is a must.
4. Patches of skin lighter or darker than the normal skin tone - Often some areas of the skin change color and they are not always the result of sun exposure because sometimes the skin can also become lighter. These may be symptoms serious diseases like leprosy or even cutaneous lymphoma, a kind of cancer or a disorder in the connective tissue. A thorough examination will reveal its cause and treatment can be opted for, which will require a visit to a dermatologist.
5. Hair loss - Hair loss may be due to various reasons and a dermatologist is best to treat it.
6. Psoriasis - It is an autoimmune skin disease which causes red scaly rashes on the body. It is important to diagnose and treat it effectively and one should visit a dermatologist for the same.
7. Nail problems - Apart from fungal infection, there are many other conditions which affect nails and the only dermatologist can identify it. So if you have any issues related to nail, consult a dermatologist.
8. Sexually Transmitted Diseases - Unprotected sexual intercourse can predispose one to many sexually transmitted diseases apart from HIV, for example, genital herpes, molluscum, genital warts etc and a dermatologist is well trained for diagnosis and treatment of the same.
//Avoid too hot water use luke warm in winters
//Avoid soaps use syndet orglycerin soap
//Apply oily products soon after bath to retain water within 3mins of bathing
//Avoid room heaters
//Avoid woolen clothes direct contact with the body.
My baby, who is 2 months old now, was fair when she was born. But now her skin is becoming darker. Pls help me to make my baby look fair.
I am suffering from fissure last two years without bleeding and the problem is that its swell during periods only. Tight motion or loose motion sometimes. What to do in this case.
If one get anal fissures once then after fully healed it easily recur again after another hard motion. Why fissure easily recur if once it occurred? So it is not possible to get permanent cure (means to eradicate the tendency of fissure occurring) by surgical procedure by eradicate the root cause of fissure? Why everybody do not get anal fissure after hard motion only a few get fissure? What is difference of the function and structure of the anus between a fissure occurring people and not fissure occurring people?
Photodynamic therapy or PDT is a relatively new and non-invasive treatment for non melanomaskin cancer. It is mostly used in cases where the cancer is superficial and has not spread too deep. PDT is used mostly to treat Actinic Keratoses on the face and scalp, Basal cell carcinomas, Bowen’s disease, as well as other conditions such as head and neck, mouth, lung and gullet cancer.
How does it work?
This treatment involves the use of a drug known as photosensitize or a photosensitizing agent with a specific type of light. When the photosensitizing agents get exposed to a light of a specific wavelength, a form of oxygen is produced, which eliminates nearby cancer cells. Every photosensitizer gets activated by the special light. The wavelength of the light determines how much it can penetrate into the body.
Process of Photodynamic therapy
Skin cancer is cured by PDT in several steps. The first step involves the injection of a photosensitizer into the patient’s bloodstream. The blood cells absorb the agent all over the body, but in the cancer cells, it stays for a longer duration. Within 72 hours after the injection is given, the skin is exposed to light. The photosensitizer agent present in the cancer affected cells absorbs the light. An active oxygen form gets produced, which kills the cancer cells.
Other than killing the cancer cells directly, PDT uses two other ways to destroy cancerous tumors. The blood vessels in the tumor are affected, which leads to its death. The immune system also gets charged up and activated for fighting the cancer cells.
The light used for PDT is usually in the form of a laser. LEDs are also used to treat tumors present on the surface of the skin. The primary photosensitizing agent used in PDT is called porfimer sodium or Photofrin.
PDT can be undertaken in the outpatient department in a hospital. After taking the treatment, you have to keep the cancer affected area of the skin dry and covered for 36 hours. The area should be treated with care while showering. In case of thick skin lesions, repeat treatments are required within 4 weeks.
When is PDT used for skin cancer
PDT can be undertaken instead of surgery for treating basal cell cancer, Bowen’s disease and actinic keratosis. PDT is used in cases where surgeries are required. It is used to treat large skin cancers, which are not very deep and in the case when several cancers develop in an area. For many skin conditions, PDT is a better remedy than undergoing a surgery.
Advantages of PDT
- There are no long term side effects.
- The process is less invasive compared to surgery.
- A very short time is taken for this therapy to be undertaken.
- The process can be repeated several times in the same area.
- Very less scarring takes place in the affected area.
- The cost of this procedure is lesser than surgery.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
- The cost of this procedure is lesser than surgery.