Doctor in Diabetic Clinic
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Diabetic ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I was having this erectile dysfunction, but the symptoms were not very visible. He ensures that he gives enough time to each patient. During the complete erectile dysfunction program he always supported and motivated me. It was an amazing experience as everyone in the Diabetic Clinic is so nice.Dr Rakesh Kakkar with great ease handled my case with ease. I read about Dr Rakesh Kakkar on one of the social media platform. Thanks to him I am totally satisfied with the results.
He is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. His advice and counselling has helped me immensely. All of sudden I developed this jaundice and didn't know what to do. I have consulted so many doctors but nobody till now was able to understand my concern properly, until i consulted Dr Rakesh Kakkar. The overall atmosphere in the Diabetic Clinic is very soothing.
Finally with his jaundice treatment, I am completely cured from the disease. He definitely is aware about the latest and advanced ways to treat serious cases. The overall atmosphere in the Diabetic Clinic is very soothing. The Diabetic Clinic is decorated very nicely and doesn't look like a hospital. He ensures that he gives enough time to each patient.
Rakesh Kakkar has a very positive attitude towards all the patients. The Diabetic Clinic is decorated very nicely and doesn't look like a hospital. During the complete diabetes treatment program he always supported and motivated me. I am so happy with the results of my treatment, that I will surely recommend Rakesh Kakkar to anyone gladly.
I was panicked, because I never thought that I will suffer from thyroid disorders like this. I consulted a number of specialists but the way Dr Rakesh treated me was the best. I am so happy that I chose him for my treatment as now I am perfectly fine. Not only he is very calm and composed, but is also a very understanding doctor.
Our family physician personally recommended Dr Rakesh as I was suffering from Sugar problem. He is a very practical doctor. So many doctors I consulted, but his treatment was the best. In order to diagnose my problem completely he asked me a number of questions. And its being quite long, I am much better than before..
I consulted Dr Rakesh as I was suffering from sudden weight gain and was feeling lethargic. He prescribed me some blood tests in order to know the problem. And I was shocked to know that I am suffering from underactive thyroid. I thank Dr Rakesh for treating me so well. I am perfectly fine post treatment.
It was getting very difficult for me to cope us with my testicular pain. I consulted Dr Rakesh, he has broad knowledge in the field of endocrinologist. He is so pleasant to talk to and always ready to answer your doubts. I was quite impressed with his concept of holistic healing.
The guidance Rakesh Kakkar gave me regarding my adult daibaties treatment has helped me immensely with my situation.he can handle all types of emergency cases.I am so happy that I chose him for my treatment as now I am perfectly fine. His clinic is diabaties clinicin Jammu
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Rakesh Kakkar to be very helpful. Thank you sir for your wise words. It releived me a lot and now i will try not to pay too much attention to it and allow my body to develop at its own pace
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Rakesh Kakkar to be very helpful, knowledgeable, inspiring, professional and practical. An excellent explanation doctor saab.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Rakesh Kakkar to be very helpful. Thank you so much for the reply it's a valuable advise for me at this time
Dr. Rakesh Kakkar provides answers that are very helpful. Very helpful.....can i take any precaution to avoid the risk of diabetes in future ?
Purshottam Sidheshwar Pandit
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Rakesh Kakkar to be knowledgeable, very helpful, thorough, well-reasoned and inspiring. Thanks
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Rakesh Kakkar to be knowledgeable. I hope your suggestion will be very helpful for my mother.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Rakesh Kakkar to be thorough. Very useful medical knowledge for non medical personnel
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Rakesh Kakkar to be very helpful. thank you sir for such valuable reply
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Rakesh Kakkar to be inspiring. Thank you Sir for your valuable advice
I am really pleased with doctors advise . I have great experience of getting the treatment . Thanks doctor .
AN ETHICAL DIABETOLOGIST WITH GOOD COMMUNICATION SKILLS WITH THE PATIENT. MUST SEE AND CONSULT DOCTOR.
Can honey and banana cause an excess sugar level in a person's body even for a normal person and lead to health problems?
Dr. Sir, I am diabetic patient and taking insulin injection. I am in Dubai, UAE and when I go to Andhra on vacation it takes around 12 hours to reach my native place. If I take Insulin injections without keeping in ice for 12 hours, will it spoil and becomes useless? Please reply. (Ahmed Ali)
I am 52 years. I am not a diabetic. But for precaution, I take sugar free. One of my relative told that, sugar free is harmful to body in a long run. It may create cancer of pancreas. Is this true? Does there be any side effect?
I am 26 and I am diabetic since october I am taking medicine for the same and my blood sugar level is getting better day by day. I want the best diet to control my blood sugar. I also go for long walks for one hour. Suggest me a good diet.
Hypoglycemia, commonly referred to as low blood sugar is the condition of the body, when the level of blood sugar falls down below the normal level. This accounts for clumsiness, feeling shaky, feeling confused, losing consciousness, serious seizure. Severe lowering of blood sugar may cause death. You are likely to feel exhausted and very hungry. The symptoms usually show quite quickly.
Hypoglycemia is commonly caused due to diabetes medicine like insulin, sulfonylureas or biguanides. Starving for long hours, over straining the body or extreme alcohol consumption may lead to hypoglycemia. Failure of the kidneys, liver diseases, metabolism disorders also lead to hyperglycemia.
Fall in the the blood sugar level must be taken very seriously and never be ignored. If you feel the symptoms of lowered blood sugar, it is advised that you immediately take a sugar test. You must also indulge in high calorie food items such as sweets or chocolates. You need to increase the glucose intake, so that the blood-sugar level rises up.
Here are some steps you should follow to control hyperglycemia:
- Keep away from the practices, which lead to hyperglycemia: The best way of keeping away from hyperglycemia is by taking all measures, which would avoid the condition to develop. The medical schedule of diabetic patients should be closely monitored and optimized by the patient's caregivers. Their lifestyle should be kept under check. It should be ensured that the patients do not skip meals. Insulin should be avoided as much possible.
- Discuss problems with the patient: Patients and their guardians must be properly educated about the disease and what important steps they should take, in spite of all kinds of prevention treatments they take. Teach them about the symptoms and the steps to be taken in case of any emergency. Use of glucose tablets should be encouraged. They must know that the process is ongoing. Every patient is different from another and hyperglycemia differs from person to person.
- Use glucagon: Glucagon is basically a hormone, which stimulates the liver to release pre-stored glucose all over your bloodstream in case your blood-sugar level falls down steadily. Glucagon is usually injected, and kits are available. Prescribed by doctors, glucagon can be used to treat a person who has fallen unconscious after a fatal reaction due to insulin. You should consult an expert before buying a glucagon kit.
Hypoglycemia is a serious problem. Lowering or fall in your blood sugar level must never be ignored, and measures must be taken to regain your sugar balance immediately.
Diabulimia is a type of eating disorder in which patients of Type 1 diabetes intake less amount of insulin purposely, in order to lose weight. This disorder, however, is not a formal diagnosis. The disorder may be defined as disturbed eating behavior.
Our body requires insulin for moving glucose from the blood to the cells. In type 1 diabetes patients, the pancreas stop producing insulin and glucose gets stored in our bloodstream. This causes extra stress on the kidney in getting rid of excess of sugar. The body gets devoid of glucose and the calories associated with it and a rapid loss in weight occurs. Patients develop binge eating, with more emphasis on sugar and carbohydrate enriched foods. The excess sugar gets out of the body by urinating.
The symptoms of this disease are:
- Occurrence of hyperglycemia
- Developing a habit of eating more, but still experiencing weight loss
- The shift in weight may be dramatic
- The energy level is low
- Eating patterns turn unusual
- Binge eating
- Developing an obsession for food
- Enhanced awareness about body image
- Feeling anxious about the weight
- A delay occurs in sexual maturity or attaining puberty
- Occurrence of stress
- Hospitalization is required frequently for diabetic patients
- Exercising amount increases
- The patient tends to hide food
- There is a smell of ketones from the breath and urine of the patient
- Frequency of urination gets enhanced
- Malnutrition occurs signalled by hair loss or drying of skin
Health hazards of Diabulimia
- Diabulimia can cause a great amount of permanent effects on the body, irrespective of age.
- Patients with diabulimia have a risk of getting early comorbidities.
- Health issues similar to issues arising from diabetes are observed, but are more adverse in nature.
- Dehydration happens along with excess urination.
- The patient experiences fatigue and the level of concentration falls down.
- An electrolyte disbalance is caused.
- There may be risk of heart attack, stroke, retinopathy, neuropathy, gastroparesis.
- Vascular disorders, gum infections and infertility in women may also occur.
- In the most extreme cases, death occurs.
It has been proven by research that almost 30% of type 1 diabetes patients are the ones who abstain from or avoid using insulin in order to lose weight. This habit leads to the risk of many other fatal diseases which may be permanent in nature. Dibulimia is more common among teenage girls who suffer from type 1 diabetes and are generally obsessed with body image. Diabulimia is an eating disorder which leaves a patient at risk of acquiring many other severe diseases. It is advised not to neglect your insulin.
The body has multiple chemicals called hormones, which regulate many of its functions. Increased or decreased levels of these hormones affect various functions including metabolism, growth and sexual functions. Thyroxin produced by the thyroid (situated in the front of the neck) is one such hormone, which has a significant role to play in metabolism.
Graves’ disease is one of the main causes of hyperthyroidism, where there is excessive production of thyroid hormones. Graves’ disease is an autoimmune disorder, wherein the body reacts against its own tissues. It is very common in women than men, especially after 20 years of age. Family history also has a strong correlation in developing Graves’ disease. The high levels of thyroid hormone increase the rate of metabolism, thereby altering weight, mental energy levels, physical stamina, and also mood.
Thyroid hormone is related to metabolism and more amount of it lead to higher metabolism. This causes the following symptoms.
- Intolerance to heat
- Excessive sweating
- Nervousness and anxiety
- Inability sleep, as the mind is always excited
- Increased appetite (sometimes despite weight loss) due to higher metabolism
- Irregular menstrual cycles
- Palpitations (rapid, loud heartbeat)
- Irregular heartbeats (tachyarrhythmia)
- Fine tremors of the extended arms
- Breast enlargement in men, known as gynecomastia
- Extreme moodiness, causing irritability and anger
- Inability to focus and concentrate
- General fatigue and shortness of breath with any exertion
- Increased frequency of bowel movements
In addition, the eye symptoms are quite diagnostic including:
- Protrusion of the eyes (exophthalmos), giving an impression that they are going to fall out
- Double vision
- Excessive tearing
- Increased irritation in the eyes
Diagnosis: The first symptom would be the presence of an enlarged thyroid gland (front of the neck above the collarbone), and the some of the above symptoms would be present.
In addition, tests to check for thyroid gland functioning including T3 and T4 levels would reveal increased amounts of hormone in the blood stream.
As a confirmatory test, the radioactive iodine uptake test also is done, which will indicate increased uptake by the thyroid gland. This indicates that the gland is functioning at an increased pace and requires additional iodine for the production of thyroid hormones.
Treatment: There are two approaches to it, one to control the symptoms and the other to control the thyroid gland per se.
- Beta blockers are very useful in controlling rapid heart rate and anxiety.
- Prednisone may be used to control eye irritation and swelling
- Antithyroid drugs are used to control the production of thyroid
- Radioactive iodine is given orally to control excessive thyroid production
- In severe cases, thyroid gland may be surgically removed partially or completely
Graves’ disease is not life-threatening and once symptoms are controlled, the patient’s quality of life improves drastically.