Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Jalna. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rahul TotlaYour feedback matters!
My daughter is 3 months old and not sleeping in day and night. I thought of trying phenergan syrup is it safe? If it is then how to use it please suggest.
Dear sir my son age 5 years suffering from nephrotic syndrom from last 2. 5 year what is actual complete treatment ?
My son 1 month and 25 days is suffering from cough for last 3 days can you please suggest the medicines to cure it and when he cough he was vomiting full of milk he drink from mother, its mother feeding only? And he had one white spot on left chicks and any ointment or cream to cure it?
Hi, my daughter is 21 months old. Since last one month or so she doesn't eat anything at all. We have tried everything from khichdi/dalia to paratha to tikki to smileys etc but it doesn't work. At times she just eats a bite or two, that too after a lot of effort. Could you please suggest how can we increase her appetite - any syrup etc. Thanks.
I have less breast milk. When I squeeze breast it comes in drops. My mom says it should come more. Also my baby after sucking for some time gets irritated and starts crying so I have to give him formula feed. My baby is 17 days old and my breast milk is not sufficient for him. Please help as I want to breast feed him and discontinue formula feed.
My 4 years daughter licked thinner bottle today at 12 noon. I observed her behaviour but she is reacting very normally any precautions I should take r anything I should observe in her. And after how many hours reaction can b seen of thinner.
My child age is 15 month year old now he have not a single teeth born and now before 2 days he vomiting when we are giving some food to eat and loss potty 3 times in a day whats the problem he have and what type of remedy we will take or medicine.
My daughter is 10 yrs old and keep getting strep throat very often could you please suggest so home remedies to avoid it and to build her immune system.
Study Smarter and Not Harder!
There are few things I hear over and over again from students -
- How they are studying for so many in a day
- How they do not have even time for anything else in their life due to study pressure
- How they are sleep deprived
- How much they are stressed
- And finally, after all the sacrifices and hard work, their exam performance is not what they expect.
Here are few tips to study smart, improve your grades and yet have a life!
We all know that 2 hours of focused study will be much more productive than 4 hours of distracted study.
And the good news is that concentration is a mental skill that you can develop and improve.
There are two ways to improve your concentration:
First, work on raising your brain's natural ability to concentrate or in other words, learn to increase your attention span.
Second, adjust the environment around you to make concentrating easier.
Improving your concentration takes a little time and effort, but it is worth it. In my personal experience with students, I have seen noticeable improvement in relatively short time.
Ideas for daily concentration-boosting habits include:
- Mindfulness meditation - many studies confirm that 20 minutes of meditation or more per day improves concentration and attention span. Mindfulness meditation, where one focuses on one's breathing, is one of the simplest way of meditation. Start with ten minutes in the morning and ten minutes before bed. To begin with you may try a guided meditation. One can easily find audios for guided meditation online.
- Proper sleep - I am sorry to say this. Pulling all nighters will not help with your grade. Unless you are getting sufficient restful sleep, you are not going to be as mentally focused as you could be to study as well as answer questions in exams.
- Food for your Brain - The more you use certain skills, the more they are reinforced in the brain. So it makes sense that playing concentration games and games that require you to focus will improve your concentration ability. You need to be consistent in this. Play for about 10 to 20 minutes each day. Have fun, and get the benefits but remember not to spend more than 20 minutes a day. Your goal is to improve your concentration and not just keep scoring higher in the game! Try Lumocity and use only free version this will help you restrict your daily play time to 20 minutes and have maximum benefit.
- Eat healthier - your brain needs the proper nutrients to allow you to focus. Eat more vegetables and fruits and avoid consumption of junk food as much as possible. Instead you could keep some nuts such as walnuts, almond or peanuts as in between munches. Lot of research has now proven that sugar is very harmful for our health. Reduce sugar and refined white flour in your diet as much as you could.
- Exercise - is helpful in both reducing stress and increasing energy and focus. At least 20 minutes a day would go a long way. Going for a short jog of 20 minutes will make next 4-5 hours of study very efficient.
Optimize your mental state and environment:
In addition to building the habits described above into your daily routine; also adjust your environment and your current mental state to improve your concentration when studying.
Create a study space - Your brain loves routine. Create a place where all you do is study. An obvious choice is a secluded desk of some kind, but the trick is to make sure you only study in that spot. Studying in bed is a bad habit, for example, because your body is trained to want to sleep once you get into bed.
Remove distractions - Turn off the ringer on your phone and take other steps to prevent interruptions. Don't study with the television on or with radio playing. Some studies have shown that soft instrumental music (no vocals) can help improve your concentration.
Reduce background noises - If you have to study or work in an environment where it is too loud (classroom or open space) or too quiet (such as at home or at a library) you can get easily distracted by outside influences. With the right amount of background noise you can actually block out distractions and enhance your creative thinking.
Use timer - Set a time limit when you need to study new material. For example, let's say you want to read one chapter in a book (and remember it). Decide in advance that you can have 45 minutes to read the chapter, and 15 minutes to review it. Set a timer to keep yourself honest, then pace yourself to keep within the allotted time.
Stay motivated - If you see studying as burden, it's hard to concentrate. One way to stay motivated is to set up a reward system. Tell yourself you have to earn that hour of watching your favorite show later in the evening by first completing 2-3 hours of intense studying.
That way, even if the material is dry, you have the reward to look forward to.
Take breaks - Take a break every two hours. You mental energy will begin to decline after a long period of study. So every two hours or so, take a ten minute break. Walk around, eat a light snack, or just stare at the wall to relax your mind.
Concentrating is the first step to learning anything new. It only makes sense that if you improve your concentration, your memory will improve also.
How can I help?
If you want to get individualized expert opinion about how you are studying currently and what ways you can improve; book an audio consultation with me. Once I know what your current study methods are, I will be able to give you specific tips to improve upon. Most likely once you incorporate my tips you will be spending less time studying and your grades will improve. That's what is studying smarter and not harder means!!