Dr. Swapnil Prabhakar is an Ayurveda practitioner in Chalisgaon with 8 years of experience. He earned his Bachelor of Ayurveda in Medicine and Surgery (BAMS) from College of Ayurveda and research Center Akurdi, Pune in 2009 and his MD from Loknete Rajarambapu Patil Ayurvedic Medical College, Research Center & Hospital, Islampur in the year 2015. He is available at Shree Prabhuti ayurvedic Panchakarma Clinic, Near State bank of India at captain corner. Bhadgaon Road. Chalisgaon, on MON-SAT morning 08:30 AM - 01:30 PM and evening 04:30 PM - 08:30 PM, and on SUN 08:30 AM - 12:30 PM.
He has expertise in Ayurveda, Holistic healing, panchakarma, Yoga therapy, cosmetology, Infertility, Sexology and headache. Some of the medical services he provides are treatment for colorectal cancer, breathing problem, buttock pain, hypercholesterolemia, anti-aging treatment, vertigo, skin tag treatment, weight loss management, sleeping problem, treatment for short stature etc.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Swapnil Prabhakar Shinde
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Hair Fall
Management of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorder
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Pain
Treatment of Masturbation Addiction
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Body Weakness
Increasing Height Treatment
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Leg Pain
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Treatment of Small Penis Size
Treatment of Greying Hair
Submit a review for Dr. Swapnil Prabhakar ShindeYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I owe him him a big thanks for making me fine again. Swapnil Prabhakar with great ease handled my wife's serious case with ease. The friendliness of staff is the best in the Shree Prabhuti ayurvedic Panchakarm Clinic. My problem was such that it required a number of sessions, and I must say after all the sessions, I am feeling much better now. He is a very practical doctor. I thought it was something very normal, but then I realised the nadi pariksha is something else.
Someone from the office, referred me dr Swapnil Prabhakar.he is very courteous and behaves very aptly with elder patients.My case of alcohol addiction was extremely serious, but he really handled it very nicely.Both him and staff were very helpful.It's been more than a year now, and I have noticed considerable change in myself.My almost on the path to recovery, Thanks to his perfect advice. He can be consulted at Shree Prabhuti ayurvedic Panchakarm Clinic in Pune
Even after my treatmentwith my old doctor, I never felt so much relief, but Swapnil Prabhakar has treated my issue completely. I felt strange that I was suffering from kidney stones. He is very courteous and behaves very aptly with elder patients. During the treatment, Dr Prabhakar supported me a lot. The overall atmosphere in the Shree Prabhuti Clinic is very soothing.
I was having this male sexual problems, but the symptoms were not very visible. I consulted Dr Swapnil. he never gets frustrated, even when I ask a number of queries. He is extremely a kind oerson and treats his patients really well. I feel so great after the completion of treatment. The entire Shree Prabhuti ayurvedic Clinic was spotlessly, clean.
He is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. My case was extremely serious, but he really handled it very nicely. The diabetes was increasing day by day. The overall outlook of the Shree Prabhuti clinic in chalisgaon was very nice. I was quite depressed due to my condition, but my Swapnil Prabhakar guided me to change my attitude.
Initially the symptoms of insomnia were not that severe but then it became worse. the entire experience of undergoing insomnia treatment was very relaxing. I am so happy with the results of my treatment, that I will surely recommend Dr Prabhakar to anyone gladly. The overall cleanliness in the Shree PrabhutiClinic was amazing.
Mera asthma kuch hi dino mein bahut increase ho gaya tha.dr Swapnil Prabhakar na sirf doctor ki tarah apka ilaaj karte hai balki dost ki tarah bahut helpful bhi hai. unhone meri problem jad se khatam kardi ayurveda se. unka clinic Shree Prabhuti ayurvedic Panchakarm Clinic chalisgaon mei hai.
I was very irritated with my stomach pain, which I was suffering from quite long. One of my colleague referred to Dr Swapnil Finally with his treatment, I am completely cured from the disease. I am benefitted with his traetment. And I am glad that i chose to consult him.
The complete process of pimples treatment was so painless and quick, and i am so relieved that I chose to consult him. I searched Dr Swapnil Prabhakar online and saw his reviews. From quite some time i was suffering from it, but never gave much importance to it.
I was shocked to experience the symptoms of UTI. No matter how critical be the situation, he is always very calm. I was quite depressed due to my condition, but Dr Swapnil guided me to change my attitude. I am completely fine post treatment.
Dr. Swapnil Prabhakar provides answers that are very helpful, knowledgeable and caring. Thank you so much sir
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Swapnil Prabhakar to be knowledgeable. Tnx
Dr. Swapnil Prabhakar Shinde provides answers that are very helpful. Thankyou sir
A lot of smokers now are well aware of the dangers of smoking, but yet they find it hard to quit this habit. In fact, even repeated attempts to quit smoking fail after a few days as they tend to give in to a variety of withdrawal symptoms. In case you are searching for a permanent solution to de-focus and avoid tobacco intake, yoga is the way to venture out of the smoke and free yourself of the addiction.
Compelling well-being programs that plan to improve people and bring back their focus on things that help them lead a solid and happy life can be sought. In this manner, their friends and families get a chance to inhale fresh air as well. Yoga is one such measure which can be used.
Here are a couple of yoga poses that are helpful in getting rid of tobacco addiction:
- Kapal bhati pranayama (skull shining breathing procedure): This asana tends to enhance the blood flow, improve the sensory system, restore brain cells and quiet the mind. This pranayama likewise clears the nadis (the energy channels) and fights the temptation of smoking.
- Nadi shodhan pranayama (alternate nostril breathing procedure): Discharge accumulated stress, quiet your brain, sanitise and adjust your naadis (unobtrusive energy channels) with this pranayama. The nadi shodhan pranayama works effectively for some respiratory problems and helps you cope with your addiction of tobacco.
- Bhujanagasana (cobra posture): The cobra posture improves blood circulation and expands your abdomen. It lessens exhaustion and is additionally useful for people with respiratory illnesses. This yoga acts as a stress reliever and minimises the desire of smoking.
- Setu bandhasana (bridge posture): The bridge posture opens up the lungs and enhances the supply of oxygen to the body. It additionally extends different parts of the body, quiets the mind, diminishes tension, depression and stress, which keeps you far from smoking.
- Shishuasana (child posture): The child posture unwinds the body, quiets down the nervous system and eases the body from stress.
- Trikonasana (triangle posture): The triangle posture extends and strengthens different parts of the body. This yoga pose is an extremely powerful physical and mental balance for the body. It also diminishes nervousness and stress, and helps you fight the desire of tobacco.
- Sarvangasana (bear stand): The shoulder stand supplies the mind with more blood and also calms it down. It additionally mitigates stress and misery, thereby killing the desire of smoking.
- Shavasana (corpse posture): The corpse stance should be performed last as it releases the body into a profound, reflective condition of rest and alleviates tension. This yoga posture restores the body and diminishes stress and tension.
Yoga is a very beneficial form of releasing stress and tension as well as your addictions. It takes a long time to show results but the results are long-lasting and highly effective. Always practise yogasana and pranyam under guidence of yoga teacher or expert.
Milk and health always go hand - in - hand and both have always been an important part of life. Yesterday, that is 26 November being the National Milk Day of India, let us understand how drinking milk in a particular position can be positive or negative for your health and well-being.
Have you heard of a controversy over, whether to stand while drinking milk or sit? There are some scientific reasons, according to which, drinking milk in a sitting position is better and healthier than drinking it while standing. According to Ayurveda, milk is considered to be a vital and precious food item, hence, you must ensure that you are drinking milk in the right posture.
You should sit while drinking milk
Scientifically, drinking milk while standing causes the fluid to hit the lower part of your esophagus. Over time, this may result in the dilation or relaxation of the sphincter which connects the stomach to the esophagus. This may lead to a health condition known as GERD or Gastroesophageal reflux disease.
From Ayurvedic point of view, drinking milk or any fluid in a standing position is forbidden and advised against. Many scholars suggest that this norm exists because of health reasons. Moreover, drinking milk in a standing position may cause another issue. If you gulp down half a liter of milk, it goes into your stomach. The stomach’s capacity is between 900 to 1500 millimeters and on the consumption of the milk, it gets half full all of a sudden. This may cause the stomach to pulsate because of the volume of milk and it will also distend the stomach capacity because of weight. This can cause colic shock resulting in intense abdominal pain. When you sit down and drink milk, sip by sip, the stomach will not distend because of the support it gets from the stomach cavity, which is, in turn, is supported by your thighs.
But why should you drink milk at all?
In Ayurveda, milk is a highly beneficial food, having several benefits, such as
- Milk can help in balancing Vata and Pitta dosha in body.
- According to Ayurveda, milk is considered to be the most calming and nourishing food.
- It is a natural food for you, which you have been accustomed to right from birth.
- Milk is an aphrodisiac and helps in vitalizing the reproductive system, improving your sex drive and quality of sperms in men.
- When you want to lose weight, fat and obesity, it is a perfect food for satisfying hunger and thirst.
- Milk causes a sense of soothing and satisfaction in many different types of illnesses and diseases.
- Milk is essential for your mind, for children and is also used for treating depression.
Although many people argue that there is no scientific reason associated with sitting and drinking milk to be safe, it has been scientifically proven that it is better to eat or drink anything while sitting, instead of standing.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
What happens when you are addicted to a chemical substance? You lose control of your life. It doesn t matter what you are addicted to alcohol, nicotine or drugs the effects are the same. It is usually not easy to get rid of an alcohol and/or nicotine addiction. Most people find it difficult to give up these substances even after years in de-addiction therapy. Hence, it s prudent to let Ayurveda, the ancient science of healing handhold us in getting rid of addictions.
Cigarette smoke contains over 4,000 chemicals, including 43 known cancer-causing (carcinogenic) compounds and 400 other toxins. These cigarette ingredients include nicotine, tar, and carbon monoxide, as well as formaldehyde, ammonia, hydrogen cyanide, arsenic, and DDT. Perhaps this list of ingredients that are found in cigarettes is enough to make you want to quit smoking for good! - Lowell Kleinman, M.D., and Deborah Messina-Kleinman, M.P.H?
Addiction - The Ayurvedic View
Ayurveda considers alcohol and nicotine consumed in large quantities as Visha or toxic. According to Ayurveda, alcohol has the following properties-
- Light or Laghu
- Hot or Ushna
- Sharp or Tikshna
- Drying or Visada
- Rough or Ruksha
- Expensive or Vikaasa
- Swift or Aasuga
- Sour or Amla
- Subtle or Sookshma
These properties are all opposite to the qualities that ojas possesses. Ojas has all life-giving properties and alcohol and nicotine have life-negating qualities.
Why do humans get addicted to alcohol and nicotine?
Human brain produces Dopamine normally and what alcohol does is to activate the nervous system to promote dopamine formation. The brain thus remembers the taste of alcohol and nicotine by creating special cells called receptor cells. As a person increases the quantity of alcohol, these cells also increase in numbers. When the person wants to give up his addictions these receptor cells agitate and create withdrawal symptoms with unpleasant and even dangerous symptoms.
De-addiction - Ayurveda Way
De-addiction treatments in Ayurveda comprise the following:
Purification therapies or Panchkarma: These are used for getting rid of all toxins present in the patient s body. These must always be done under the supervision of an ayurvedacharya as they are quite potent. After Panchakarma, the patient is given vomiting therapy or Vamana, followed by purgative therapy or Virechana, Basti or enema therapy and administration of Nasya or nasal drops therapy. All these help in detoxifying the body and mind and prepare the patient for further de-addiction ayurvedic treatments like Rasayana therapies which nourish and strengthen the body after Panchkarma. For treatment of addictions, Rasayana treatments include changes in diet and use of oral herbal medicines both.
Herbal medicines used in de-addiction: A range of herbal medicines and their combinations are used in the treatment of addictive problems in Ayurveda and these are to be consumed orally. Ayurveda prescribes Chamomile and Ashwagandha in combination to heal the lungs. These help in cleansing lungs of smoke- related problems. Doctors also prescribe congestion relieving herbs like ginger and pepper mixed with honey or lemon.
In addition, herbs to improve memory, concentration and to fight depression are also given. These are:
- Kanphool or dandelion
In addition, herbs to treat sleep disturbances like Jatamansi, Sarpgandha, Brahmi and Jaiphal are also prescribed. Since most addicts have impaired liver function, herbs that improve liver function like Aloe Vera, Punarnava, Long pepper, Kutki, Tulsi are given to revive the liver. Take advice of an ayurvedic doctor for de addiction. Don't follow any remedies without guideline of ayurvedic docttor. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
There is no denying the fact that most foods taste the best when served hot. Most of us consider it a healthy practice to reheat the food before eating. But what if we tell you that you have been getting the facts all wrong? Certain foods when reheated can do more harm than good. Mentioned below are some of the foods that should never be reheated.
- Mushrooms: Mushrooms can enhance the taste of any food dish. We often keep some of the preparations aside to be savored the next day, an unknown mistake that can cost you dearly. Mushrooms are a rich source of protein. On reheating, the proteins tend to deteriorate, causing stomach upset and digestive problems. Using reheated mushroom repeatedly can even result in cardiac problems.
- Chicken: Having chicken in this list can be quite a heartbreak. Many people use the cooked chicken for 2-3 days. Again, chicken is also an excellent source of protein, reheating which can result in health complications such as digestive problems. If you want to stay healthy, avoid reheating the cooked chicken.
- Celery and spinach: Spinach and celery are both commonly used in soups. Nobody wants to have their soup cold. Spinach and celery are rich in nitrates. So when we reheat the soup to make it more palatable, the nitrates present in the ingredients get converted to nitrites. Nitrite is carcinogenic and can be extremely toxic to the body. For the same reason, do not reheat any food dish containing turnips, beet, and carrots.
- Eggs: Seldom will you find a person who does not like eggs. Be it breakfast, lunch or dinner, boiled, scrambled or in a curry, you can never get bored of eating eggs. Like chicken meat and mushrooms, eggs are an excellent source of proteins, reason enough to include them in your diet. However, reheating egg preparations destroy all the associated health benefits as the protein in the egg deteriorates resulting in digestive problems. The best idea would be to prepare the dish and have it immediately.
- Rice: Almost everyone reheats the rice before eating with the belief that having cold rice can cause health problems, This is a misconception that will do you no good. Rice cooked should be eaten immediately. It is believed that uncooked rice contains bacterial spores that often causes food poisoning. When you keep the cooked rice unrefrigerated at room temperature, these spores undergo rapid multiplication. Reheating will do the spores no harm. If you want to store cooked rice, always refrigerate it.
- Potatoes: Storing the cooked potatoes at room temperature can act as a catalyst enhancing the growth of Clostridium botulinum, a bacterium responsible for botulism (a type of food poisoning that can result in flaccid paralysis of muscles).
- Oil: Certain oils such as those of walnut, avocado, grape seeds, and hazelnut can become smelly with an unpleasant taste when reheated (as these oils have a low smoke point). If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
More and more people are turning towards Ayurveda for their hair loss problem. Hair loss can be embarrassing and hamper one's self-esteem and confidence. When treated early hair loss can be reduced and even stopped completely.
Ayurveda believes that hair fall control is very much associated to the body type and also the stability of your mind body structure. Ayurveda considers the hair as a byproduct for bone formation. The tissues, which are responsible for formation of bones are also responsible for your hair growth. Hair fall is considered to be a problem of pitta dosha in Ayurveda and excess of Pitta dosha in the body is the chief cause of hair problems. Ayurvedic hair loss treatment measures are known for their effectiveness. Usually the Ayurvedic treatment for hair loss includes diet, meditation, yoga, and yes, we cannot forget medicated herbal oil massage.
Ayurvedic Dietary Recommendations for Hair Loss Treatment:
As hair fall is considered a problem of pitta dosha, you need to identify the bad eating habits that are contributing to the increase of pitta in your body.
Pitta is increased by excessive intake of tea, coffee, alcohol, meats and excessive smoking. Pitta is also aggravated by eating too much fried, oily, greasy, spicy, sour, and acidic foods.
Ayurvedic Herbs recommended for Hair Loss Treatment:
Bhringaraj: It is known as king of the hair, promotes hair growth on the head and effectively stops and reverses balding and premature graying. It helps to calm the mind promoting sound sleep. Bhringaraj (Eclipta prostrata) is taken internally and used externally as Bhringraj oil and is an excellent rejuvenator.
Brahmi: This hair pack is available in most Indian grocery stores and used with curd is an excellent hair pack.
Amla: Indian gooseberry is packed with Vitamin C and thus loaded with antioxidants. In powdered form it can be mixed with henna, brahmi powders along with curd to make a great hair pack.
Neem: This is a natural remedy against dandruff and lice and also has blood purifying abilities. Use in powdered form with coconut oil or curd to massage scalp.
Ritha: These are natural soap nuts that are used for cleaning hair without stripping off the natural oils. Use in powdered form to massage scalp and wash off thoroughly.
Ashwagandha: Weak immune system is one of the factors for hair loss. Ashwagandha makes you feel energized and healthier. It stops stress, increases vigor and helps regrow lost hair. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
There are many reasons for hair loss. In such cases, medicines of hair loss will be decided according to prakruti of patient, working nature and reasons of hair loss. So, before taking any medication from a medical store or advised by your friends and family members, always consult a specialized ayurvedic practitioner.