Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Jalandhar. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Arti Kumari
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Arti KumariYour feedback matters!
I am Diabetic patient. Can I take diary products and fruits? If yes, ok but if not why? Kindly advice.
I have recently diagnosed with diabetes. Can I old tell me the diet and daily exercise need to do and precaution. I need to takeThanks.
My father and grandfather both have diabetes, so do I have also a chance of getting diabetic, I am 18 years old.
Special food for diabetics
I. Bitter gourd (karela)
This vegetable contains a high dosage plant insulin. It lowers the blood sugar levels effectively.
Have the juice of three to four karelas early morning on an empty stomach.
As a vegetable, too, it can be taken on a regular basis.
Powder the seeds of karela (measuring 1 teaspoon), mix with water and drink it.
Ii. Fenugreek (methi)
It is the most common food used to control diabetes.
Gulp a teaspoonful of these seeds with a glass of water daily.
Soak the seeds overnight. Have the water in which the seeds were soaked.
You can make a chutney with methi seeds. You can also eat them sprouted, dried and powdered, or mix them in wheat flour to make chapattis.
Iii. Indian blackberry (Jamun)
This fruit is very effective in preventing and controlling diabetes.
Powder the stone of the fruit and eat it - it contains glucoside, which prevents the conversion of starch into sugars.
This is used to lower blood-sugar levels.
Garlic is rich in potassium and replaces the potassium which gets lost in urine.
It also contains zinc and sulphur, which are components of insulin.
Take about three to four flakes of freshly crushed garlic daily.
Because of its diuretic and digestive properties, onion works against diabetes.
Raw onion is more useful.
This is the richest source of omega 3 fatty acids.
It helps control diabetes because it maintains the sensitivity of the cell membrane, facilitates insulin, and thereby the uptake of glucose by the cells.
Soluble fibre, found in apples, kidney beans, oatmeal, soyabean, etc, help control diabetes.
These aid slow digestion and absorption of nutrients, resulting in a slow and steady release of glucose.
They soak up excess bile acids found in the intestinal tract, the same acids that are converted to blood cholesterol.
They also help empty the stomach and trigger satiety that can help type 2 diabetics to achieve weight loss goals.
Viii. Cinnamon solution
Water extracts of cinnamon have been found to promote glucose metabolism and reduce cholesterol.
You can boil cinnamon sticks in water and drink this water.
Diabetes is often associated with conditions like heart disease, diabetic retinopathy, immune deficiency and kidney disease.
Many are caused by free radical damage. Therefore, make sure you include antioxidants, especially vitamin c (lemons), e, selenium, zinc and chromium (brewer's yeast), in your diet, as they have been shown to control blood sugar levels.
I'm 31 years old. I'm suffering from one problem from last five month. I want to go to toilet every half hour for urine remove what is this. This is diabetes or nothing serious please help.
Hi. I am 19 years old and I have been going gym for past one month. But most of the time I feel restless and feel like suffocating, so the trainer at the gym advice me to have ionic-mineral drop to increase my stamina. Now I am confused whether to have one or not, I know the importance of irons and minerals in our body but how far the ionic mineral drop is effective I don't know. He also said that this drop is effective in somewhat many a genetic diseases. So I want to know whether the drop is really that much effective or is it just a marketing promotion.
I have low bloods in my body how can I increase it and I have low muscles. What should i do to get fit body?
1. Bananas help overcome depression due to high levels of tryptophan, which is converted into serotonin — the happy-mood brain neurotransmitter.
2. Eat two bananas before a strenuous workout to pack an energy punch and sustain your blood sugar.
3. Protect against muscle cramps during workouts and nighttime leg cramps by eating a banana.
4. Counteract calcium loss during urination and build strong bones by supplementing with a banana.
5. Improve your mood and reduce pms symptoms by eating a banana, which regulates blood sugar and produces stress-relieving relaxation.
6. Bananas reduce swelling, protect against type ii diabetes, aid weight loss, strengthen the nervous system, and help with the production of white blood cells, all due to high levels of vitamin b-6.
7. Strengthen your blood and relieve anemia with the added iron from bananas.
8. High in potassium and low in salt, bananas are officially recognized by the fda as being able to lower blood pressure and protect against heart attack and stroke.
Eating bananas aids digestion
- Rich in pectin, bananas aid digestion and gently chelate toxins and heavy metals from the body.
- Bananas act as a prebiotic, stimulating the growth of friendly bacteria in the bowel. They also produce digestive enzymes to assist in absorbing nutrients.
- Constipated? high fiber in bananas can help normalize bowel motility.
- Got the runs? bananas are soothing to the digestive tract and help restore lost electrolytes after diarrhoea.
- Bananas are a natural antacid, providing relief from acid reflux, heartburn and gerd.
- Bananas are the only raw fruit that can be consumed without distress to relieve stomach ulcers by coating the lining of the stomach against corrosive acids.
Natural cures from a simple banana
- ?Eating bananas will help prevent kidney cancer, protects the eyes against macular degeneration and builds strong bones by increasing calcium absorption.
- Bananas make you smarter and help with learning by making you more alert. Eat a banana before an exam to benefit from the high levels of potassium.
- Bananas are high in antioxidants, providing protection from free radicals and chronic disease.
- Eating a banana between meals helps stabilize blood sugar and reduce nausea from morning sickness.
- Rub a bug bite or hives with the inside of the banana peel to relieve itching and irritation.
- Control blood sugar and avoid binging between meals by eating a banana.
- Eating a banana can lower the body temperature and cool you during a fever or on a hot day.
- The natural mood-enhancer tryptophan, helps to relieve seasonal affective disorder (sad).
- Quitting smoking? bananas contain high levels of b-vitamins as well as potassium and magnesium to speed recovery from the effects of withdrawal.