Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Jalandhar and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vibha Chitkara
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vibha ChitkaraYour feedback matters!
From someday m feeling some kind of itching in my vagina. N also irritation. N my period date is on 10th. What should I do please reply.
My wife gets bleeding and doctor said to abort the baby. What should I do now. What precautions do we need to have in future. Why all this is happening to her?
I have unsafe sex on 13 day of cycle. I take pills uw72. I got bleeding on 20th day for 4 days. Then on 28 days it occurs again bleeding. It there is any harmful. What I do?
I am not suffering from any disease. Last I got married and now I am planning for a baby. Someone told me that I need to do sex after 2 - 3 days of menstrual cycle. I did the same but still facing problem. Am I doing sex at right time. Please help me out. Thanks.
Sometimes I feel anxiety for no reasons. During that period I feel uneasy to do any work. Please help me.
Hi doctor, Can you please tell me a solution for PCOD I am in treatment past 1 year but still not reducing and past 2 months I didn't get my periods.
STIs or sexually transmitted diseases are infections whose transmission to a healthy person from an infected person happens through sexual contact. However, with modern medicine and diagnostic techniques, there are ways to prevent, detect and cure them effectively and quickly.
Not all diseases are curable though and it is best to follow preventive measures. Also, for sexually active adults it is an absolute necessity to get tested regularly for their health as well as the well-being of their partners.
Why do people tend to avoid getting tested for STIs or sexually transmitted infections?
One of the major factors that avert people from regular tests is the social stigma attached with sexually transmitted diseases. It is absolutely imperative for sexually active adults to go for regular checkups so that if they have any infections or diseases, it can be diagnosed quickly and remedial measure can be taken appropriately.
The benefits of regular checkups
Some of the benefits of regular checkups are mentioned here:-
- Regular checkups can detect problems at a stage when the conditions may not have progressed too much and this will make it easily treatable.
- With HIV positive patients, the quicker the testing gets done the quicker the treatment can be started. Thus, can prevent the onset of AIDS.
- Regular checkups can control the progression of the diseases such as Chlamydia, which if left untreated can cause permanent infertility.
- Getting a prospective partner tested is also a good idea as this can enable one to protect themselves from STIs.
- Symptoms for certain STIs can be similar to many other non-sexual or non-venereal diseases. Thus getting tests done is the only way to get to know if there is an STI or if it is some other nonsexual disease.
- HPV or Human Papilloma Virus can be detected easily with regular STI checkups and thus appropriate treatment can be started. If HPV isn't detected early, it can manifest much later in the form of cancer, which makes it more important to get yourself checked early on. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
What is the good time for sex if she has menustration just over by one day then is it safe to have a sex with partner?
During pregnancy, your body is subjected to several physiological changes including increased hair fall, continuous indigestion, headaches, development of varicose veins, skin pigmentations and so on. The growing baby bump hinders free movement as well. Quality time with your husband or partner is helpful but is not the best way to relax you. During pregnancy many partners stop having sex due to body issues. Intercourse is extremely important to comfort an expecting mother. Going by a few sex positions cited below, partners can enjoy pregnancy without a speck of stress.
1. Spooning- In spooning a woman lies on one of her sides while the male partner lies behind her on his left or right side. Both partners should lie on the same side or if not they will end up turning their backs at each other. Penetration happens from behind. This position enables shallow penetration which is good for the baby.
2. Do it like a clip- In this case two bodies should align like a clip. The man lies on his back while the woman is on the top facing him. Her knees are folded next to him and she is in the shape of an arch. Her hands serve as support as they are firmly placed on the bed behind her arching back. There is ample space for the bump.
3. Perch on him- It is healthier to avoid pressure on the abdominal region when pregnant. Make your man sit on a stable surface; say a stool or a chair. Sit on his lap with your back against his chest. This way the woman can regulate the depth of penetration by moving backward and forward. She is on her toes and her abdomen faces no weight.
4. Do it the Amazon way- The Amazon style of intercourse needs to be carried out on a chair or a stool. The male partner remains seated while the woman sits on his lap facing him with her legs across his sides. The baby bump is comfortably positioned between the partners and the lady takes charge by moving up and down.
5. Doggy style- The doggy style keeps the expecting mother away from exertion. She crouches on her hands and legs while the male partner enters her body from behind.
6. Living Room style- Let your rounded belly rest against the softness of the living room couch. Kneel on the couch to suit your feasibility while your partner penetrates you from behind. The pregnant woman balances her body by holding on to the couch with her hands. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.