Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Jalandhar and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vibha ChitkaraYour feedback matters!
Vulvodynia refers to a condition, in which you have chronic pain near your vaginal opening. This area is known as the vulva. Vulvodynia is an extremely painful condition, which also causes a lot of irritation and burning in the vulva. There is no known cause of vulvodynia and it has been said that vulvodynia can go on for months or even years. It is such a painful condition that having sex or even sitting down for extended periods will be troublesome for you.
Here is everything you need to know about Vulvodynia.
There is only one symptom of vulvodynia and that is when there is pain in your genital area. However, the type of pain you experience may be characterized by burning, stinging or itching among other sensations.
The cause of vulvodynia is not yet known. However, there are certain factors, which increase the risk of contracting vulvodynia. Here are the factors.
- Injury or irritation to the nerves around the vulva.
- Vaginal infections
- Sensitive skin
- Changes in hormone levels
Vulvodynia itself cannot be cured, only the symptoms of vulvodynia can be relieved. Relieving symptoms is not a very quick process either as it takes weeks and sometimes even months for the symptoms to
improve. Some of the treatments which can be used to treat vulvodynia include.
- Medicines: Certain medicines relieve the symptoms, which vulvodynia causes. These medicines include steroids and anticonvulsants so that your pain will be reduced. Antihistamines are known to reduce itching.
- Surgery: When vulvodynia is localized to a particular area, surgery can be used to remove the skin and tissue of the area which has been affected by vulvodynia.
- Anesthetics: Local anesthetics can be given so that your pain is reduced for a short while. A good time to apply local anesthetics would be 30 minutes before having sexual intercourse. This is because most local anesthetics used to treat vulvodynia come in the form of ointments. If your partner comes in contact with this ointment, then he will also be feeling numb.
- Pelvic floor therapy: Many times, vulvodynia is caused by the tension in the muscles of the pelvic floor. Exercises to relieve those muscles often ease the pain caused by vulvodynia.
Related Tip: "Causes and Symptoms of Vulvodynia"
I has sex with my partner and we are confused that after he has done, he did not find condom out. We also forget to search it on bed that time as we were somewhere out. I am confused with this that it would be inside me? Are there any symptoms of figuring it out?
Undigested food that lurks around in the digestive tract produces a host of disorders due to intestinal distress. These disorders range from acidity to gastro-oesophageal reflux and even colon diseases like cancer, irritable bowel syndrome, constipation, gallstones, ulcers and Crohn's disease. Cramps, nausea, vomiting, loose motions, gas, and acidity are some of the most common symptoms that visit the patient as a result of such ailments. There are many ways of dealing with such intestinal distress, as follows :-
- Diet: Introduce plenty of fibre into your diet to aid the digestion process. This can cut the risk of many such ailments and also aid in the treatment of the same. Intestinal distress is largely caused by food that is still lurking around in the digestive tract, so it is important to clean out the digestive system with plenty of fibre and water.
- Nutrition for better Digestive System Health: Food that is rich in minerals, vitamins, antioxidants and iron will help in creating a stronger system that cleanses the digestive tract and helps in reducing the production of excess acid in the stomach. A balanced diet with plenty of nutrition aids digestion and makes the immunity stronger.
- Study your Triggers: Watch out for foods that can trigger reflux action and other acidity related issues on the intake. These can include fatty food, fried and oily food as well as extremely spicy food. Stress is also a major trigger of intestinal distress, so it would be a good idea to avoid stressful situations or take medical help to deal with them in a better manner.
- Medication: Antacids and other medication to prevent the onset and growth of such distress can be sought out after due consultation with a medical practitioner. Medication will help in dealing with and altering the acid level production in the stomach.
- Surgery: In very extreme cases like ulcers and large size gallstones, surgery may be helpful so that you avoid rupturing the stomach's lining which can lead to a serious infection or even internal bleeding.
Knowing your triggers and getting into a better routine as far as your diet goes is as important as seeing a doctor about the severity of your case when it comes to intestinal distress.
To know more, take a private consultation today!
We had sex for first time, her vagina is tight as well as her ass. So how do we penetrate with ease. And how do you advice us for a first tym fuck. Does oil outside condom acts as a lubricant, tell us few things that we should do for doing a first tym sex.
After I had a sex within a minute I have a flow of a watery white discharge, there is any problem in my body, my husband said that I have a heat body that's why my husband hormone doesn't entering in my body, Is it True, Please Tell me I am Worried about this, May I have a possibility of Pregnancy, I am married three months before only, if there is a problem please tell me how to avoid a watery white discharge after sex.
My question is for gynaecologist regarding the vaccine Rubel (preventive for cervical cancer. Is it worth or mandatory to be administered in all the girls and does it has any side effects (short term or long term) both?
Hi we are married since 1year and stayed together for 4months only bzc I moved out of city. Now v r going to live together and we need baby. Some one guided me to have sex on 9-12th day for pregnancy. But my question is that if we continue sex after 12th day also how to detect pregnancy? So please adv when to do sex when to stop?
If she passed her ovulation period thn wil that precum can still be enough to make her pregnant. Bcoz we did it at the time when she was about to get her periods. After I asked you previous qstn she had her periods. BT can this precum effect after?
Hello I am 24 years old female, married. I have little high levels of prolactin that is 44 and I am not pregnant. Is there anything to really worry about. Does it effect in getting pregnant? I am really stressed after knowing this.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!