Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Jalandhar and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sukhjeet Kaur
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sukhjeet KaurYour feedback matters!
The december- january cycle was perfect 28 days but then the problem started I got down in 14 days on january 25 and now again after the 14 days on 12 feb blood came through my vagina and then stopped on 13 feb no blood. On 14th feb 2-3 drops of blood came. N today morning also 1 drop came. There is also swelling in my genital area and I am overweight too.
I don't get any sexual feeling in vagina but in clitoris and I had severe pain during intercourse what should I do to stop this pain and feel relaxation.
- Coffee has been unfairly demonized. The truth is that it's actually very healthy.
- Coffee is high in antioxidants, and studies show that coffee drinkers live longer, and have a reduced risk of type 2 diabetes, Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's and numerous other diseases
Pregnancy brings with it a new set of additional responsibilities. The mother has to be extra vigilant about monitoring and caring for her health. This ensures that sufficient nutrition is being provided to the growing infant, at the same time, ensuring no harm comes to you. Listed below are some simple ways to do the same.
1. Prenatal care: As soon as you realize you are pregnant, it is advisable to talk to a doctor or a midwife about proper prenatal care. This could include anything and everything from prenatal vitamins to food habits to exercise to sleeping habits to periodic scanning and a number of other things that your doctor will prescribe.
2. Diet: You need to ensure two things that is you are eating enough for two people and everything is healthy and not harmful for the little one that gets all its nutrition through you. The diet should be healthy, nutritious, wholesome and of course free of junk. Some pointers to a healthy diet include:
a. Include a good amount of fruits and vegetables every day; break it into five small portions.
b. Sufficient amount of carbohydrates should be the basis of each meal.
c. Whole grains are preferred to white grains, which also give good amount of fiber.
d. A good amount of proteins including fish, eggs, meat, nuts, pulses, milk, and other dairy products.
e. Ensure adequate amount of iron, calcium, and other minerals are included in the diet.
f. Avoid eating unpasteurized dairy products, uncooked or undercooked food and smoked seafood.
g. While most vitamin requirements should be met through the diet, in some people, prenatal vitamins which provide the increased demands for folic acid.
3. Weight gain: If your weight was normal for your age and height before pregnancy, expect to add about 12 to 15 kg during your pregnancy. Consult with your doctor on weight changes and nutritional aspects to monitor weight throughout pregnancy. This could change based on if it is twins, your weight before pregnancy, and body type.
4. Exercise: Exercising during pregnancy is being increasingly encouraged for the following reasons:
a. Improved energy levels
b. Controls back pain
c. Improved sleep pattern
d. Improves constipation
e. Improves muscles strength and endurance
There are specific exercises designed to benefit the pregnant women. Whether it is walking or swimming aimed at improving overall health or Kegel exercises aimed at improving vaginal and perineal muscles, your doctor should be able to draw up a routine.
5. Lifestyle changes: With pregnancy setting in, it is time to bid goodbye to smoking and drinking alcohol. Continued smoking after onset of pregnancy has many serious complications, including growth retardation, low birth weight. Alcohol can lead to miscarriage, stillbirth and premature delivery.
These are simple ways to monitor and care for your and of course, the baby's health throughout pregnancy. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi Please tell me that can I suck my boobs wife when she is pregnant .She is pregnant of 6 month. Does it will cause any complications in her body.
In a conservative society like that of India, premarital sex or casual sex is still a taboo. With the fast changing trend in the society, some parents may consider dating and premarital sex to be normal but the same cannot be said for a major part of our society who still consider these relations as scandalous and unethical.
No one can be moral policed here for the choices they make. While some may engage in casual sex owing to the sexual urges, some may want to enjoy their lives without the promises of love, commitment or restrictions. While there are still many people who believe in love, the younger generation is more inclined towards casual sex.
Before labelling anyone with a tag, it is important to understand why do people go for casual sex? Are they commitment phobic or are there some underlying factors that have gone unnoticed and unattended?
Why do people go for casual sex?
Also known as Recreational Sex, casual sex is all about enjoying the moment and moving on in life.
- Most people opt for casual sex as it gives them a sense of freedom where they can enjoy life and yet remain single and not committed.
- Some people hate restrictions that they may have to deal with if in a relationship.
- Believe us, but research says people who fear betrayal and separation often go for casual sex.
- Some people are of the belief that getting into a relationship can spell doom for their career. Hence, they prefer casual sex to a committed relationship.
- People who have a liberal view about love and sex feel relaxed and stress-free after the casual sex. In fact, quite a few people go for casual sex to beat stress and anxiety (both personal as well as professional).
- For some, casual sex act as a mean to break free from the shackles of inhibitions and awkwardness.
- While in casual sex, you can be yourself as there will be no one to judge you or your performance.
- Strangely, some people discover their true self during casual sex. It gives them a direction, an idea about what they want from life.
With so many benefits, casual sex comes as the best option available. But what is a bed of roses without thorns?
- Not knowing the person you are having sex with can be risky. Incidences of STD and other related disorders are more likely to affect people going for casual sex.
- People get into casual sex to deal with stress and anxiety, yet the casual sex may end up leaving you mentally and emotionally drained and exhausted. Research suggests many people suffer from depression post a casual sex. There are chances that the casual fling may turn into something serious, at least for one of the partners. With time it may turn into a fatal attraction resulting in anxiety and depression.
Casual sex is a choice made by two individuals who prefer not to be in love. While it may be a boon for some, it can also turn out to be a bane for many. Drawing conclusions at this stage are not possible. It is an individual choice where you are solely responsible for both the good and the bad that comes with it.
Urinary Tract Infections are common infections, affect men and women of all ages, and vary dramatically in their presentation and sequelae.
Urinary Tract Infections are a common cause of morbidity and can lead to significant mortality.
WHAT IS AN UTI?
A UTI is an infection involving any part of the Urinary Tract such as the Urethra, Urinary Bladder and the Kidneys.
UTI is an inflammatory response of the urothelium (lining of the urinary tract) to bacterial invasion.
INCIDENCE AND EPIDEMIOLOGY
Women are most at risk for a UTI. Nearly half of all women (50%) will experience a UTI during their lifetime.
Women have a short urethra which makes it easier for the bacteria to enter the bladder and cause infections. Also the urethra is in close proximity to the anal canal, which is the source of these organisms.
What causes the UTI`s?
The most common causative organisms of UTI`s are bacteria from the bowel such as E.coli, proteus, pseudomonas etc.
Once the bacteria enter the urethra, they travel upwards causing infection in the bladder and sometimes other parts of the urinary tract.
Sexual intercourse is commonly associated with UTI`s in women. During intercourse, the bacteria in the vaginal area are sometimes transferred into the urethra by the motion of the penis.
Using spermicides or a diaphragm also can cause more frequent UTI`S , due to increased binding of the organisms to the lining of the urethra.
Menopause also increases the risk of getting a UTI. During menopause, the level of estrogen decreases which causes changes in the periurethral tissues that can lead to a UTI.
In men, urethritis is usually the result of bacteria acquired during sexual contact.
SYMPTOMS AND SIGNS OF A UTI
- A strong persistent urge to urinate.
- A burning sensation during or after urination.
- Passing frequent, small amounts of urine.
- Blood in the urine (Hematuria) / Cloudy Urine / Foul smelling urine.
- Pain in the lower abdomen and the pelvis.
- Penile discharge in men.
- Pain in the flank region/ back, fever , nausea and vomiting, fatigue (Infection of the kidneys)
HOW ARE UTI`S DIAGNOSED?
The Urologist will take a proper history and examine the patient and order some basic investigations like Urine Analysis and Urine Culture and sensitivity. UTI`S in males require more detailed investigations like the Ultrasound of the Abdomen to elucidate the cause of UTI.
Based on the severity of the symptoms, the urologist may prescribe antibiotics empirically based on the common sensitivity patterns. The antibiotic may be changed based on the Urine C/S report , which usually takes around 48 hours time. You may also be prescribed a medicine that will relax the bladder while the antibiotic starts to work.
Patients must make sure they take the complete course of treatment as directed and to return back if the symptoms are not relieved.
Patients are also advised to drink plenty of oral fluids, which help in flushing out the bacteria from the urinary tract. Patients are also asked to avoid coffee, alcohol, and soft drinks containing caffeine until the infection is cleared because these can irritate the bladder and cause worsening of symptoms.
Kidney Infections (Pyelonephritis) usually require hospitalization and more intensive management.
PREVENTION OF UTI`S
- Drink plenty of oral fluids to flush out the bacteria
- Do NOT hold the urine for long periods of time. Urinate when you feel
- Wipe from front to back after a bowel movement.
- Urinate before and after sexual contact emptying the bladder completely each time.
- Avoid using spermicides/ diaphragms , in case of recurrent UTI`s
- Avoid use of feminine “hygeiene” products like douches and sprays, which could upset the delicate bacterial balance of the genital region.
Infertility is an increasing problem in contemporary times. More and more women and men are detected with infertility and opt for artificial and medical procedures to conceive a child. However, even today it is seen that the numbers of infertile women are more in comparison to infertile men. There are several reasons why infertility develops in women. Some of the major causes of infertility in women are discussed below.
- Ovulation disorder: There are several reasons as to why a woman may experience irregular menstrual cycles. Some of them are high-stress levels, weight balance issues, late marriages and the like. But in these cases, the underlying cause is absence or scanty ovulation. Thus, if you experience slight irregularity in your monthly cycles, it is best to consult a doctor and get evaluated. It is best to keep weight in normal range and reduce stress.
- Blocked fallopian tubes: These tubes are channels, which connect the ovary ( which produces eggs called ova ) and the uterus. During normal conception, the sperms travel from the vagina into the uterus and then reach the fallopian tubes in which the ovum is available after ovulation. At times, these fallopian tubes get blocked which results in the inability of the sperms to reach the egg. This leads to infertility. Blocked fallopian tubes can be treated and if you are diagnosed with the issue, it is best to start the treatment as early as possible.
- Endometriosis: This condition develops when the endometrial lining of the uterus is found abnormally spread in the pelvis over ovaries, and other organs. Due to this “ectopic” endometrium, in women with endometriosis, the periodic bleeding is also accompanied by bleeding from these abnormal sites, and this causes the pelvic organs to malfunction and get stuck to each other. Women who have endometriosis have severe dysmenorrhea ( periodic pain), dyspareunia (pain during sex) and constant tummy aches, chocolate cysts in ovaries, and infertility. This condition also needs urgent treatment otherwise, the stuck organs make infertility treatment difficult.
- Unhealthy eggs: The health of the egg is determined by factors such as hormonal levels, low or high-stress levels, anger and anxiety levels, environmental factors, hormone production in the body and the like. Thus, any of the said factors might affect the health of the egg produced and make it unhealthy in nature. Unhealthy eggs would render the woman infertile in the long run.
Thus, these are some of the causes of infertility in women. In case you are having trouble in conceiving, it is advisable to opt for a thorough check up by your gynecologist. Sometimes you may be required to take help of artificial reproductive technologies like IUI (Intra Uterine Insemination) and IVF (In Vitro Fertilitsation).
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!