Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Jalandhar and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sukhjeet KaurYour feedback matters!
We all know that pregnancy woman does not get periods during pregnancy? But some woman have all nine periods during their pregnancy, why?whats the reason of having al 9 periods in pregnancy? Its common or rare?
Hi, My age is 26. Recently I had mild pain in right breast after few weeks it got controlled and I feel something happens in my right breast. I went to gynic when I had pain she has done screening exam and told your breast is okay and she has given pain killers again I consultant orthopedic he told muscle pain and I have vitamin d deffieciencynow my pain is reduced and lil pain at upper breast part neck and shoulder my right hand is lil cool compared to left there anything to scare? Do I need to think about breast cancer? Please suggest.
After intercourse, whenever the liquid which comes out of my partner touches my skin, it causes heavy itching. May I know what is the problem?
A baby should be breastfeed for at least the first few months after birth. Breastfeeding has a number of benefits for both the mother and child. Apart from being the best source of nutrition for the baby, it also helps the mother and child bond.
Here are a few benefits of breastfeeding your baby.
- Nutrition: No formula can be compared to the nutrition provided by a mother’s milk. The first milk produced by a mother’s breasts is known as colostrum which is rich in antibodies and proteins. Breast milk is made up of the perfect mix of proteins, vitamins and essential fats. It is also easier to digest as compared to formula feeds.
- Immunity boost: A mother’s milk is rich in antibodies and helps strengthen the newborn child’s immunity. These antibodies also help lower the baby’s risk of developing asthma or allergies later in life. Babies that are breastfed are also said to have a lower risk of suffering from ear infections, respiratory problems and diarrhoea. It also plays an important role in lowering chances of sudden infant death syndrome. Breastfeeding is also said to protect babies from certain types of cancer in infancy and later stages,
- Bonding: While being breastfed, a baby is held close to the mother and has skin to skin contact. This makes the baby feel secure and helps him or her to bond with the mother. For the mother, this process can also help fight postpartum depression and help reconnect with the baby.
- Healthy weight: Babies who are breastfed are said to be less likely to develop obesity. This is because breast milk has lower levels of insulin as compared to formula and babies who are breastfed have higher level of appetite and fat regulating hormone called leptin. As they grow, these babies put on a healthy amount of weight, but refrain from overeating and have healthier eating patterns. This helps maintain a healthy BMI and prevents diseases like diabetes etc.
- Boosts intelligence: Studies show that babies who were breastfed for the first six months have a higher IQ than those who were not. Thus, breastfeeding is said to play a significant role in cognitive development. There are two main reasons for this. Firstly, breast milk is said to fatty acids that are not available in formulas, Secondly, the emotional bonding between mother and child is also said to contribute towards boosting IQ levels.
I miss my periods. After that I check the result is positive so that I take mifegest kit after take mifegest kit bleeding start and small amount of tissue come today is 13 day bleeding come continuously what I can do I am pregnant or not at that time plzz help m I don't know what I can do right now.
If a girl is virgin and semen is released outside her vaginal part, then can speemc travel inside her vagina and can pregnancy is possible?
Hi, on the 13th of April I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend but I'm pretty sure there was no ejaculation, the intercourse only lasted for about few minutes. Her period was on the 7th of April, she usually has a 27-30 days cycle, is there a chance of pregnancy?
Respected all, I was of 5 weeks 4 days so to abort it I had took abortion pills mifepristone on 14 th march and later 48 hours I took mifepristone 4 pills on 16 th march and till the day 21 st march I was bleeding and stomach pain today mrng I.e on 21 st march I have checked prgency test once again and it show 2 lines I was confused I was not aborted still I am pregnant please help me present I don't need baby due to personal problems what should I do now and my normal date period Accra 7 days evru month so please help me how to complete abort of my baby.
I have a cyst of 2 inches width which is coming out of my urogenital area at all times. I have had two cesarian pregnancies in the past and the last one was 15 months ago. During both pregnancies I was given a drug to induce artificial pain first and then later I was operated upon. The pain was given for almost 2-3 hrs. I have a low uterus. Just wanted to know if this cyst is something that is serious and needs immediate medical care or is it something very common in ladies. I don't feel any pain or anything because of this. 15 months ago when I had my cesarian Operation done my doctor said I had a cyst of two inches.
I am 31years old n my reports n my hubys reports r normal but I unable to conceive as have taken 3 Months medication 6years completed of marriage aage kya karuu please bataye.
I am 6 months pregnant and currently travelling in sikkim. Due to hilly and zigzag roads, I am suffering from vomiting 2 times a day during journey. What medication shall I take now to have control on nausea and vomiting?
My wife frequently getting sick, every time different problem, I have took her to all types of specialist. What should we do?
• Worm infections are more prevalent among school children aged 5-14 years. They are seen in about 50% in urban and 68% in rural school children.
• Children are carrying worms in their intestine without their knowledge. Worms stick to intestine and keep on sucking blood and other nutrition. There are many types of worm like roundworm, thread worm, pin worm, hook worm etc. which can cause infection.
• Severity of infection depends on worm burden. A large majority of cases are asymptomatic. Infection is first identified when parents notice worms in stool .
• They can cause serious complication like Intestinal obstruction, liver disease, Pneumonia and even brain infections.
How we get worm infection?
• When people defecate in the open, millions of roundworm eggs are deposited in the soil or environment. They cans be carried around freely by dust, wind and rain.
• The infective eggs enter into the human body when we swallow or ingest fecal contaminated water or food. Or we pass onto food by infected hands, dirt under the nails, cups and plates.
• A child playing in a compound picks up infective eggs through dirty hands or play objects.
• Dirty human feet and animals walking in and out of houses bring the roundworm eggs into the home, and thus contaminate the home environment.
• In addition, flies, cockroaches and rats are also common vehicles that carry the roundworm eggs into the home where they infect humans.
• swimming in polluted rivers, eating without washing hands, geophagy (eating soil), eating unwashed fruits and vegetables.
In endemic areas eggs contaminate numerous domestic and public sites, including the following-
• Chopping boards • Coins• Door handles • Dust• Fingers• Fingernail dirt• Fruits and Vegetables
• Furniture • Paper money• Pickles• Public baths and restrooms• Public transportation (eg, buses)
• School rooms• Wash basins
How to prevent it?
• People need to adopt good hygiene habits by washing both hands properly with soap before eating or feeding children and after defecation.
• Wash vegetables thoroughly, especially when eating them raw.
• Cook food and vegetables properly to destroy the worm eggs.
• Hygiene and health education of school children is the most important activity to motivate children to change their behaviors and to take home the good hygiene habits.
• They can be shown photos of worm’s diseases, so that they can be easily persuaded to follow good hygienic habits.
How to identify worm infection?
• 85 % of patients are asymptomatic so it remains undiagnosed.
• Stool microscopic examination, for worms egg is a simple and cheap method of diagnosis .
• If the child is looking anemic, malnourished, weak, stomach pain or having anal itching, get his stool test done.
• Worm Infection can be easily cured. We have very good medicines available for worm infections.
• Consult your pediatrician for medication advice.
• But medication does not prevent re-infection.
• So the main treatment is, Prevention through Education of children and parents about importance of good hygiene.
Take Home message
Make it your family culture - Wash Hands with soaps just before eating food.
Wash fruits and vegetables thoroughly before eating.
For any queries, feel free to contact at penguinclinic.com
My wife facing too much problem on her period she has too mch pain in her stomach and her periods are not periodically come.
PILLOWS AND MATRESSES.
“My neck pain started two days ago, Immediately I removed my pillow”
This is the very usual dialogue that I hear in my daily practice from my patients who are suffering from neck pain. Is pillow that important factor in causing neck pain or in relieving neck pain?? Let us know the facts.
Neck pain can be caused because of various reasons. Poor neck posture is one of the reasons for neck pain. So, what should be your sleeping posture? How can a pillow alter your normal sleeping posture?
Body needs rest and sleep gives our body rest so that body and mind work efficiently. It is very important that we maintain a normal sleeping posture so that muscles also get rest.
- Spine has to be straight
- Neck has to be in line with the body.
- It is better to avoid sleeping on tummy, as you will be forced to turn your neck to one side to facilitate breathing. Whole length of your sleep is spent with the neck turned to one side, out of alignment with the body, forcing the brain to sense something wrong and you wake up with a stiff neck. Pillow has no role here!!!
So, what kind of pillow can be used?
- Pillow can neither be too hard as it doesn’t absorb the shock/ weight of head, nor it can be too soft as the weight of the head can depress the pillow down and might take neck too low than body.
- Ideally the pillow has to regain its original shape faster once you wake up from lying position. If a pillow takes too long to come back to its original shape or doesn’t come at all or remains in the same shape, its time for you to change your pillow.
- If you are lying on your back, its better to use a thin pillow which supports your head and neck. Please do not use a thick pillow in this position, as it may raise or bring your head and neck forward or higher than body causing stress to your spine.
Not using a pillow when you lie down in this position can take your neck backwards and might cause trouble breathing.
Recommended to use a thin/ lighter pillow when you lie down on your back.
- If you are lying on your side (right or left), its better to go with a thicker pillow. Ideally the pillow should be as thick as the distance between your shoulder and neck, so that when you lie down on your side the neck doesn’t go down or go up and stays in line with the body. Pillow has to be used!!
Recommended to use a thicker pillow when lying on side.
Pillow is not a major cause of neck pain. Its always better to use a pillow than not using at all. Removing the pillow the moment neck pain starts is definitely not a good solution for your neck pain. Chose the right pillow and more importantly consult your Physiotherapist.
As with the pillow for neck pain, mattress is not a major cause for back pain.
- Mattress should not be too hard, should not be too soft either.
- If it is too soft, the broader areas of our body like the hips and shoulders, might press the mattress down thereby reducing the support for other body parts, which strains them as they do not get proper support.
- If its too hard, the mattress wont be able to support the various natural curvatures of our body (broader and narrower areas), forcing the muscles to work more and get strained.
- Its better to change a sacked mattress or too depressed mattress.
- Mattress should be uniform in contour.
- Lying bare on floor wont work!!!!
And more importantly consult your Physiotherapist for back related issues.
Have a pain free life…..