Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Jalandhar and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sud AnilYour feedback matters!
My grandson 4 month old. Now days he is suffering cold. Noise come like gar gar from chest. Pl.suggest medicine.
My son 8 months old suffering from cold and mild fever and also having motions at least 5 times a day from the last two days. Please help us sir.
My cousin is 7 years old. She keeps on scratching her urinary area in a cloth only at night till sleeping (for past 2-3 years). Why is the child doing like that? What is the reason? Does she have any infection? We have used dettole but still no use.
Hi doctor .. my baby is 4 months old.. last week we did vaccination for her.. she was normal that time... From yesterday her body is slightly hot .. when we checked the temperature it was normal.. but her head is hot. What to do
Chickenpox is a contagious viral disease that mostly affects children. It appears on the skin as rash-like itchy red spots that can develop into blisters. The main parts of the body that get affected are the face, scalp, chest, belly, back, arms and legs. It generally starts in one location and cyclically spreads to other parts over the course of 1-2 weeks time.
Chickenpox is uncommon now since children are routinely immunised against it these days. Yet outbreaks keep occurring from time to time, for the cases who haven't been vaccinated.
What is the cause of chickenpox?
- Chickenpox is caused by the varicella-zoster virus (VZV) and spreads through direct contamination.
- If the blister breaks open and the virus infects the surface of objects, it gets transferred when one touches the object and then touches any body part, thereby spreading through contact.
- It also spreads through aerial contamination when a person infected by it coughs or sneezes, which allows the virus to extend to various surfaces.
- When an unimmunised child with a weak immune system comes into contact with an adult suffering from a shingles (a type of a viral infection in adults caused by the same chicken pox virus) rash, the child is susceptible to contracting the chickenpox virus.
Now let's turn our attention to the symptoms of this disease in children.
The symptoms of chickenpox do not manifest themselves till 2-3 weeks after contamination. The exact time required for the signs to show varies from person to person and is known as the 'incubation period'.
Following are the symptoms of chickenpox in children:
- Exhaustion and lethargy
- Swollen glands.
- High fever accompanied by a headache and body ache
- Loss of appetite
- Signs of dehydration
- The eruption of red rashes and fluid-filled blisters on the skin, which may become painful
- Chest pain and breathing difficulty, although it is less common
The symptoms of chickenpox tend to be milder in children than in adults and hence, identifying the signs is harder and may take longer.
I am 29 years old and my husband's age 34 years. We have 3 year old daughter. Now we are planning our second child for 7 months but not getting positive result. Me and my husband's reports both are normal then what is the problem behind this?
My son is 5 weeks old and completely on formula doesn't take breastfeed. I am concerned if he could be led a healthy life.
Hi All, need suggestion Can we give others mother breastfeeding to our kids as they are 3 months old and very weak as of now So far we are giving nanpro1.
My baby is 3 months old and he is born with an Albino. Please suggest an effective treatment or special doctor so that he can be cured totally or at least partially.
His birth weight is 3.25. And he is crying in night daily. My pediatrician said its stomach pain and gave him colimex. Shall I give him when he is crying more.
ADHD is one of the commonest behavioral disorders that are found in mostly school going kids. In fact, this kind of trouble might affect kid's ability quite adversely. There are a few signs with the help of which ADHD in kids can be easily detected and some of the commonest ones are emotional turmoil, unfinished tasks, squirm and fidget, low focus careless mistakes and other related ones.
Both interpersonal relationship and schooling success can be hampered to a great extent with this kind of mental disorder. This is why the kids facing the mentioned signs need to be thoroughly diagnosed medically so that the doctors can recommend best treatments that can provide fastest recovery and that too safely and easily.
Best tips for tackling ADHD in kids:
- Setting behavior limits: If you make your kids learn how to lead a disciplined life, then appropriate behavioral limits are established. Arrogant child is mostly exposed towards ADHD.
- Staying calm: Child anger should be efficiently controlled otherwise. ADHD cannot be cured. If the kids remain calm and quiet, then only their concentration level will increase, and they can show productive outcomes.
- Setting pressure free structure: Sensible routines and scheduled charts are to be prepared so that unwanted risks can be easily avoided. If the kids are under tremendous pressure, then they might face different kinds of behavioral troubles.
- Allow kids to make wise choices: If you let your kids free, then only they will be able to take right decisions. Kids with a cool mind can take wise decisions that are very much appropriate for upgrading their performances.
- Advocating child: Child advocating is highly needed for maintaining a good and healthy balance. But too much strictness should be avoided so that your kids' behavior can be controlled with ease. This should be done either by parents or tutors so that they can choose the best direction in life.
- Avoid muting any headstrong child: Communicate with your child so that a proper interaction can be maintained. If your child remains silent for too long, then they might face different behavioral troubles.
- Acquiring knowledge about ADHD: Both parents and kids should have equal knowledge about ADHD and then only the probable signs can be easily avoided, and the necessary treatments can be known.
- Being persistent: Persistent behavior is to be maintained, and if you find any deviation in your kids, then you should take them to a doctor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.