Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Jalandhar and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sidhu Jai KishanYour feedback matters!
My daughter is 15 months old. She is active. I am giving milk, rice, vegetables and fruits in daily food. Shall I start her giving non veg. please suggest me what to give for better growth of my baby. Her weight is 2.8 kg at birth. Now she is only 8.5 kg. I consulted pediatrician also. I am giving min min syrup daily.
I want to adopt a child and feed my breast without getting pregnant, is there any medicine or any process. please suggest.
My son 19 months old does not speak yet. He just says mam-mam and ish ishhh most of the time. Nothing more then that. I try to talk to him and show him things. But he does not speak anything else. Is there anything I must do for him?
How to control for new born baby while cry more at night. They drink Iot of lactogen milk frequently.
My baby is 7 months old. He is passing stools with slight blood from today morning. He went 4 times from morning 6 a.m but his activities are very normal. No fever. He is active. I ve started solid foods for him past 45 days. Is he allergic to some food? I gave idli apple juice rice kanji.
My daughters (twins) 2 months old is refusing to breast feed after introducing them to bottle a week back (for supplement). What r the ways to make them breastfeed again?
Coughing during the night can really wreak havoc for your sleep and cause inexplicable discomfort in the throat and chest region. Thankfully, you can manage it by soothing your tickling throat as well as sensitive airways before you go to bed at night.
- Drink herbal tea: A mugful of non-caffeinated tea mixed with a teaspoon of honey before going to bed can help you to a considerable extent. This is because any warm liquid has the power to break down the formation of mucus in the throat region and with a bit of honey, the herbal tea becomes even more powerful.
- Try to sleep in an inclining position: Gravity is your greatest enemy while combating night-time cough. When you lie down flat on your back at night, all the mucus and dust particles, which you have swallowed all through the day, would accumulate in the throat area and aggravate it making more cough. But you can easily defy gravitational force by piling up some pillows and prop yourself on them while sleeping. You may also keep a wooden block of 4 inches height under your head, which would keep the acids in the stomach so that they don’t come up to irritate your throat.
- Make sure you use the steam cautiously: When your airways are dry, it can make you cough harder. Therefore, you may find relief if you take a warm shower or a bath before going to bed. But you have to be sure that you don’t have asthma as steam can prove harmful for you.
- Check the level of humidity: Humidifiers are known to soothe the problem of persistent coughing when the surrounding air is dry. But too much of moisture during the night can also make you cough. This is because dust mites, mold and other allergens thrive well in the damp air and they could conspire to make your cough even worse. So, pick up a cheap hygrometer from a hardware store and see that the humidity level stays within 40 to 50 percent.
- Equip yourself at night: Keep all the things from drops to water to cough syrup or anything that soothes coughing at your bedside so that you can help yourself in case you wake up in the middle of the night and start coughing.
By following these few tips every day, you can manage the night time cough and have a good night’s sleep without any interruptions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi, my son is now 5 month old. He is on powder milk i. E. Nan pro 1 but after heard the news for nan pro -find live lerve in powder. We are worried. So suggest other good milk powder.
Hai I'm having a five n half month old baby. For past two days he s passing urine wth difficulty. Is it normal. He s under treatment of uti. Taking septran 2.5 ml daily in night. Is it normal or anything need to worry.
My son is 3.5 years old. He is talkative child but he is soft and fearful by nature. .he is studying pre kg now. .when he us getting scolded or beaten, he use to cry normally but nowadays he is getting anger very much (face full of depression) and beating us. When spoken personally, he cried and said his teacher beating.
Hello my baby 4 plus old. She some time carry very highly in night and tell I feel that some body kick my neck so I request to your good self what can I do.
Exclusive breastfeeding should be a rule for a baby till completed 6 months of age.
This means the child should be provided only breast milk for hunger and thirst till that age.
The only exception is medicines and supplements prescribed by child specialist.
If the mother feels child's requirement is not fulfilled, the opinion of doctors should be taken immediately.
My daughter is 5 years old and she gets cold very often. Now she is suffering from cold cough and fever. I consulted a physician but not yet get the remedy.
You can find soy milk lining the shelves of most grocery stores. With a wide range of child-friendly flavors, such as vanilla and chocolate, this creamy dairy milk substitute can be appealing to kids of all ages. Some infant formulas are even made from soy. As with any food item, soy milk has several potential advantages and disadvantages for the children who drink it.
Pros and Cons: Allergies
Millions of children throughout the United States suffer from some level of allergies related to cow's milk, warns the Alabama Cooperative Extension System. The agency says that soy milk can be an ideal substitute as it doesn't contain the lactose protein that can cause kids such trouble. On the flip side, some children are allergic to soy products. Because food allergies can vary widely in terms of severity, consult your doctor if you have any concerns about your child's allergic reactions.
Pros and Cons: Hormones
Research is inconclusive regarding the effect that soy milk and other soy products may have on a developing child's hormone levels, reports Harvard Medical School. Soy milk contains estrogen receptors that may mimic the effects of estrogen, and may affect cancer risks related to breast and prostate cancer. Harvard notes that there's yet to be sufficient evidence to avoid soy milk, and that cow's milk also contains hormones that may potentially be harmful.
Pros: Bowel Movements
Children ages 3 years or younger may benefit from being fed soy milk formulas over cow-milk-based formulas. The National Institutes of Health's MedlinePlus reports that soy formulas help such children experience fewer cases of diarrhea and less frequent bowel movements, potentially because of soy milk's fiber content.
Pros: Calcium Supplementation
Washington University advises using fortified soy milk as a way to ensure your child is getting enough calcium. Sufficient dietary calcium intake among toddlers and children helps ensure proper growth, development and strong bones, according to the university. Additionally, the university says fortified soy milk also contains vitamin D, a vitamin that enhances calcium absorption.
Cons: Thyroid Problems
In very rare cases, soy milk given to infants can cause fluctuations in thyroid levels, which can cause goiters, warns the National Institutes of Health's MedlinePlus. Goiter is the medical term involving an enlarged neck related to thyroid problems. The institute's report that the problem ceases when soy milk is withheld.